• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No way Male Corrin in a bridal outfit is better.
I disagree 100%.
Give Male Corrin a fancy suit or some sort that is FE related.
You seem to be again taking things too seriously.

Tho, on that note:

Male Corrin in a fancy prince suit and Female Corrin as a Bride are things you can find easily since it's outfit that goes with theirs genders. It's more fun to see them wearing outfit of the opposing sex since it's something you wouldn't see usually.

Don't take personally however, I was just joking around, boy.
You sounded a bit serious.

Also no one can convince me that Male Corrin is better in a bride dress than Female Corrin.... No one...
Also do you like T-eos as an attacker or looks?
I never had a thing for androids, because they are not real. :V

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I disagree 100%.

Also no one can convince me that Male Corrin is better in a bride dress than Female Corrin.... No one...
Pff male Corrin in a tux is boring.

Chrono.

Surprised to see no one has talked about this yet.

Liam Robertson (aka Tama) shared some details of what he has heard about Star Fox: Grand Prix at some podcast:
- The game is not like F-Zero
- He’s seen a more complete version of the logo
- The game's main vehicle is the Arwing
- “Star Fox Grand Prix” might be a tentative title
- The gameplay is a mix of classic Star Fox dogfighting and racing
- You can shoot enemies to gain speed, you can also shoot other racers
- Each GP cup is three tracks with a boss fight- where the boss comes onto the track (def getting DK Racing vibes here)
- There's hub areas where you can interact with other Star Fox characters
- There's story content and missions you can access from the hub
- The game looks fantastic, apparently
- He also heard Retro was considering adding cameos like Donkey Kong
- The game was slated for 2019, but wouldn't be surprised if it got pushed forward to this year
Honestly, this all sounds really good and just about what I expected.

I said the other day the likeliest reason as to why it isn't F-Zero was because it was gonna be more combat oriented than either Mario Kart or F-Zero. And this seems to confirm that.

Also two final anecdotes from him.
- Fire Emblem Switch is still on track for this year
- Smash is out by October according to his sources

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Plus who doesn’t like seeing boys in dresses?
^
This

Shiny I guess doesn't like it.
I disagree 100%.

I'm honestly wondering why you are against crossdressing, but I guess I'm going to leave at that before you ake it too seriously.

Fictional character are not real, in that logic, waifu wouldn't exist.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
People are talking about how "If this pikachu/ eevee game doesn't have new pokemon it still counts as generation 7"

I don't think so. I think it's more along the lines of changes in gameplay and the mechanics of the game rather than the pokemon that determine the generation. Especially if another game is released in a new region afterward that has the same mechanics.
Umm, well ORAS added new mechanics, and their part of Gen VI, so these games will probably be a part of Gem VII still

Talking aboot? What are you...Canadian? :troll:
Well, certainly more Canadian the The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn will ever be. :troll:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If we ever do get a Male Bride, the most likely candidate is Forrest due to the fact that he, in his own game, actually stated in his S-support with Female Corrin about making a wedding dress for himself after making one for her and proposing to her. So there would be purpose and lore reasons why Forrest would be on a Bride Banner.
But I only have five orbs, and I can't afford to go bankrupt yet :/

Also, apparently the German version uses specifically masculine pronouns to refer to (at least one of) the new characters:
In the phrase "ich frage mich, wie niedlich er wohl ist" ("I wonder how cute he might be"), the pronoun "er" can only be used to mean "he", so it's possible they might have let something slip through that. Could just be a poor translation, though, it wouldn't be a first for this game.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Hey, @Apollo Justice , The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn , be honest with me, even the changes that are going to happen in June, would you still like have premium for awhile? 'cuz I want to make both of you happy, but I want to be sure first if it worth it.
Premium could come in handy for hosting a mafia game, since you need PMs for stuff and, well, if there’s lots of people...

It’d be nice to be a Premmie when I do my game, so sure, I’ll take it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Premium could come in handy for hosting a mafia game, since you need PMs for stuff and, well, if there’s lots of people...

It’d be nice to be a Premmie when I do my game, so sure, I’ll take it.
So be it then.

:4rob:LET THE SHACKLE BE RELEASE.:4rob:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's a question for all the Fire Emblem fans here:

Which Fire Emblem game do you think had the best cast in terms of personality and characterization?

Which Fire Emblem game do you think had the worst cast in those same two categories I listed?

Note that you should make your answer based on the Fire Emblem games that you played.

If you had to ask me, my pick for best cast in those two categories is a tie between Shadows of Valentia and Sacred Stones.

For Shadows of Valentia, the complete voice-acting really helps bring the characters to life. Almost all of its playable also felt very grounded and had some nice characterizations to them. The only playable characters that don't do much for me are the two Lords, Palla, Kamui, and Deen, while the only one I strongly dislike in the characterization/personality-department is Faye. Additionally, the cast of villains also felt lackluster. Berkut and Fernand are disappointing and not good villains in my eyes, Jedah, Slayde, and Desaix felt like they came straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon, while Nuibaba and Rudolph were meh. The only villain that stuck out to me in a good and enjoyable way was Grieth, even though he wasn't as significant as most of the ones I listed.

Although it doesn't have the voice-acting to bring its cast to life the way SoV does, Sacred Stones also had a cast that was just as equally enjoyable as the one I previously listed. Yet again, most of its characters felt quite enjoyable and realistic and had some nice interactions with each other. I also think it had the superior villain cast compared to SoV. Lyon is easily my favorite villain in Fire Emblem and one of my favorite villains, being a well-done tragic villain with fleshed out and understandable motivations along with a great backstory with our main heroes. Valter and Caellach were good love-to-hate villains, Glen, Cormag, and Duessel were enjoyable too, and Selena was okay. The only villains that strike me as meh are Formortiis and Vigarde, while the only one I disliked was Riev (though all three were quite generic in the roles they were given, so that's probably why). In all, I feel like Sacred Stones ties with Shadows of Valentia for me in terms of its cast because there are more characters I feel indifferent to (the lords in being among them) compared to Shadows of Valentia, though there really isn't a single heroic character that I truly dislike in Sacred Stones.

For the worst cast, my pick goes to the Conquest cast from Fire Emblem Fates. There's only a very few number of characters from that route I genuinely like. Support!Xander is the only Nohrian royal I'm truly fond of, while the only Nohrians I like are Laslow, Niles, Arthur, Benny, Charlotte, and Ignatius. The rest of its cast are characters that I'm indifferent to or they are characters I don't like at all. In fact, two of my least favorite characters in the franchise are from Conquest (Peri and Camilla). Being part of the Fates trilogy, Conquest is also held back by an awful cast of villains (Garon, Hans, and Iago being the obvious ones).

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Also, apparently the German version uses specifically masculine pronouns to refer to (at least one of) the new characters:

In the phrase "ich frage mich, wie niedlich er wohl ist" ("I wonder how cute he might be"), the pronoun "er" can only be used to mean "he", so it's possible they might have let something slip through that. Could just be a poor translation, though, it wouldn't be a first for this game.
So my dream may be real?!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Which Fire Emblem game do you think had the best cast in terms of personality and characterization?

Which Fire Emblem game do you think had the worst cast in those same two categories I listed?
For best cast, I'd have to go with Path of Radiance. I felt like it had much more human and believable characters than in other games, and Ike and Soren in particular have some of my favourite interactions in the series. (I'd go into some more detail, but I don't really have the time right now.)

For worst, I'd probably agree with Conquest. It had its highlights, such as Xander, Leo, and Forrest, but then you had characters like Peri who actively makes other characters look worse just by being around her, and Camilla, whose interactions with Corrin always rubbed me the wrong way.

So my dream may be real?!
I'm leaning on the side of "bad translation", personally, rather than get my hopes up. Just happened to notice it elsewhere, and thought it was relevant. :p

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Plus who doesn’t like seeing boys in dresses?
I don't, I much prefer girl only stories, since it let's have a complete cast for Yuri shipping

Only cowards would joke about me when I’m not here.

Say it straight to my face again :V
Why do you think, I tagged you, Usonian pretending to be Canadian. :troll:

What's a Usonian you ask? Another name for Citizen of the United States of America. That's right, I decided to pull an obscure word out on all of you, just to confuse the **** out of all you Americans. :p

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Anyone with the Spanish versions can check if they also use male pronouns on the announcement?

Note that you should make your answer based on the Fire Emblem games that you played.

If you had to ask me, my pick for best cast in those two categories is a tie between Shadows of Valentia and Sacred Stones.

For Shadows of Valentia, the complete voice-acting really helps bring the characters to life. Almost all of its playable also felt very grounded and had some nice characterizations to them. The only playable characters that don't do much for me are the two Lords, Palla, Kamui, and Deen, while the only one I strongly dislike in the characterization/personality-department is Faye. Additionally, the cast of villains also felt lackluster. Berkut and Fernand are disappointing and not good villains in my eyes, Jedah, Slayde, and Desaix felt like they came straight out of a Saturday morning cartoon, while Nuibaba and Rudolph were meh. The only villain that stuck out to me in a good and enjoyable way was Grieth, even though he wasn't as significant as most of the ones I listed.

Although it doesn't have the voice-acting to bring its cast to life the way SoV does, Sacred Stones also had a cast that was just as equally enjoyable as the one I previously listed. Yet again, most of its characters felt quite enjoyable and realistic and had some nice interactions with each other. I also think it had the superior villain cast compared to SoV. Lyon is easily my favorite villain in Fire Emblem and one of my favorite villains, being a well-done tragic villain with fleshed out and understandable motivations along with a great backstory with our main heroes. Valter and Caellach were good love-to-hate villains, Glen, Cormag, and Duessel were enjoyable too, and Selena was okay. The only villains that strike me as meh are Formortiis and Vigarde, while the only one I disliked was Riev (though all three were quite generic in the roles they were given, so that's probably why). In all, I feel like Sacred Stones ties with Shadows of Valentia for me in terms of its cast because there are more characters I feel indifferent to (the lords in being among them) compared to Shadows of Valentia, though there really isn't a single heroic character that I truly dislike in Sacred Stones.

For the worst cast, my pick goes to the Conquest cast from Fire Emblem Fates. There's only a very few number of characters from that route I genuinely like. Support!Xander is the only Nohrian royal I'm truly fond of, while the only Nohrians I like are Laslow, Niles, Arthur, Benny, Charlotte, and Ignatius. The rest of its cast are characters that I'm indifferent to or they are characters I don'y like at all. In fact, two of my least favorite characters in the franchise are from Conquest (Peri and Camilla). Being part of the Fates trilogy, Conquest is also held back by an awful cast of villains (Garon, Hans, and Iago being the obvious ones).
I honestly have to give it to SoV, even though my favorite characters are in FE7 and 8, the overall cast of SoV receives much more depth than any other from the games I played despite the small number of supports. I guess the voice acting helps A LOT since their emotions are more clearly displayed and the fact voice acting is just so good elevates it even more.
For worst... I've gotta say Birthright. The story characters have about the same problems as Conquest but the side characters are just so boring. From all the Hoshidan-exclusive units I onoy found myself liking Takumi, Saizo and Oboro, everyone felt like they were just there.

Ivander

Smash Legend

It could be a translation error, considering the original JP dialogue is gender neutral, using "they". Although supposedly I heard that the French version uses the word for male heroes as well.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I bought chewy gummies.

They're about as chewy as a rock. -_-

Anyways... Still on Pokemon Showdown. Name's yesman94. If you wanna play, hit me up.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

For the worst cast, my pick goes to the Conquest cast from Fire Emblem Fates. There's only a very few number of characters from that route I genuinely like. Support!Xander is the only Nohrian royal I'm truly fond of, while the only Nohrians I like are Laslow, Niles, Arthur, Benny, Charlotte, and Ignatius. The rest of its cast are characters that I'm indifferent to or they are characters I don'y like at all. In fact, two of my least favorite characters in the franchise are from Conquest (Peri and Camilla). Being part of the Fates trilogy, Conquest is also held back by an awful cast of villains (Garon, Hans, and Iago being the obvious ones).
Shadow Dragon is in a weird spot for this. A large percent of the cast has basically zero characterization (poor Barst literally only has a generic death quote) but the smaller portion that DOES have some good characterization has some of my favorite in the series (Marth, Caeda, Merric, Minerva, Hardin, Nyna, Julian, Camus, and Michalis stand out in this regard, with Tiki, Lena, Ogma, Cain, Jagen, Xane, and Wendell not being far behind. But given the sheer size of the playable cast in this game, there's at least three Tomas-es for each Minerva. New Mystery helped quite a bit by giving more characterization to folks like Palla, Catria, Jeorge, Roshea, and even Barst, but we're just talking about Shadow Dragon here. So due to the sheer amount of no-characterization characters, Shadow Dragon would be the least, I'd say. One of those quality few vs quantity majority things.

Then again I've yet to play Conquest lol.

Shadows of Valentia had the best characterization hands down, largely due to the voice acting.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Umm, well ORAS added new mechanics, and their part of Gen VI, so these games will probably be a part of Gem VII still

Well, certainly more Canadian the The Stoopid Unikorn The Stoopid Unikorn will ever be. :troll:

What mechanics did it add? I'm pretty sure it was similar enough that ORAS and XY could connect together.

I don't see this switch game being able to battle and trade directly with sun moon games

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

For the worst cast, my pick goes to the Conquest cast from Fire Emblem Fates. There's only a very few number of characters from that route I genuinely like. Support!Xander is the only Nohrian royal I'm truly fond of, while the only Nohrians I like are Laslow, Niles, Arthur, Benny, Charlotte, and Ignatius. The rest of its cast are characters that I'm indifferent to or they are characters I don't like at all. In fact, two of my least favorite characters in the franchise are from Conquest (Peri and Camilla). Being part of the Fates trilogy, Conquest is also held back by an awful cast of villains (Garon, Hans, and Iago being the obvious ones).
I have to agree with SoV being the best and Conquest being the worst. Though I've only played Birthright, Conquest, SoV...and FE Warriors and FE Heroes, though I'm not sure if they count. And even then I still actually find Conquest worse than FE Heroes and FE Warriors in terms of characterisation.

Like everyone has been saying, the voice acting in SoV is superb and it's honestly some of the best English dub VA work I've heard in both games and anime. Even for the few characters I didn't like (Celica, who is my second least favourite FE character so far, and Jedah, who is kinda iffy as a villain), I still thought their VA work was great. For everyone else though, I enjoy pretty much all of the cast. My personal favourites are Alm, Clair, Delthea, Zeke, Berkut, Leon, and Gray. Going into detail on each character would take a while though.

For Conquest, I honestly just found the Conquest story to be completely disjointed, bland, and forgettable. Like I barely remember anything about it and it hasn't even been that long since I played (it's been longer since I've played SoV, for comparison). I like Leo and Elise, though I think Elise, ironically, shines more as a character in Birthright anyway. Xander is strictly a good character in supports. And while it can be argued Camilla has interesting traits as a character (Ghast Station's whole theory on her having a literal mental disorder comes to mind), they aren't explored enough for me to like her as a character and even question if they are intentional traits. And most of her usage as a character, especially in spin-offs, has amounted to "big tiddy yandere mommy gf". And once again, I actually liked her more in Birthright. As for the rest of the cast, there are a few I like, mainly Arthur, Effie, Odin, Nix, and Laslow, but most don't really stand out to me. Conquest had this obsession with just making a character revolve around a single gimmick, and slapped an edgy and dark backstory onto them in hopes people would resonate with them. On the contrary, I found Birthright's focus on the cultural background of each character and how that contributes to the wider Hoshidan culture more fascinating, and my favourite Hoshidan characters (Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Rinkah, Azama, Oboro) are either more interesting, or more fun and consistent in their portrayals. Also, while she isn't Conquest exclusive, Azura exists, and she's my least favourite FE character so far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom