• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I legit wanna spend my Orbs on fodder lol.

Specially if the Seasonal Banner is brides.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Garfield was never that funny.
Sounds like we have a different sense of humor here

Ugh I just found out the camp that usually happens every year is cancelled due to low number of participants and volunteers. I'm not as surprised how the last few years has been with the changes. the other camp I'm going to next month? Still alive and kicking

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have no idea wtf the shark is supposed to be. Maybe a VERY early version of Sharpedo?

And I don't know what is above and below Diglett. Above looks like Stantler but I'm not sure.
I think they are different enough they could be their own Pokemon. They should add in beta hitmontop as well. Lol

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Not a single person is going to call me out about tomatoes?

I feel special.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Looks like FighterZ is getting Yugioh DLC. /s

Cool cover tho.
As much as I may not be interested in the card game anymore, I'd totally be interested in a Yugioh Fighting game. Legitimately.

Helps alot that I've always liked the designs of the monsters and the card storylines that you can learn from the cards. Imagine that, Lore in a card game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Since they are rebooting gen 1 on a new system, perhaps the new Pokemon they add could be the Kanto Pokémon that didn't make the cut.

Torpedo Shark!
I wouldn’t mind the shark.

Is that thing above diglet like a wendigo deer? If so fully down for that. It looks cool anyway.

Thing under diglet looks like a high chameleon. I wonder what that would look like today. Not as interesting of a design in its current state though imo.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I don't about the harpoon shark.
Like I get Red and Blue's sprites weren't the finest of quality, but the shark looks exceptionally bad. Like I'm not sure what he was going for with that apart from the harpoon being off-kilter.

I mean honestly apart from the deer the rest look... unnerving. I think I'll keep my Diglett thank you very much.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't about the harpoon shark.
Like I get Red and Blue's sprites weren't the finest of quality, but the shark looks exceptionally bad. Like I'm not sure what he was going for with that apart from the harpoon being off-kilter.

I mean honestly apart from the deer the rest look... unnerving. I think I'll keep my Diglett thank you very much.
People have attempted demake sprites of future pokemon

I'm sure there are pokemon that'd just look weird and freaky if they were in red and blue

Last edited:

Chrono.

As much as I may not be interested in the card game anymore, I'd totally be interested in a Yugioh Fighting game. Legitimately.

Helps alot that I've always liked the designs of the monsters and the card storylines that you can learn from the cards. Imagine that, Lore in a card game.
I'd probably main an Elemental HERO lol.

Still my favorite archetype (though later on I really got into Odd-Eyes.)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of which, I've always thought Shellmon was one of the best designed digimon.

I think Slowbro and Shellmon had the same inspiration

Last edited:

Chrono.

He looks like a gross pink Agumon climbing out of a shell.
It's because it's one of the first Digimon released.

Back when the franchise was just the virtual pet toy, any Digimon could evolve into any Digimon. So a majority of them had to have similar elements in their designs.

Leading to things like this.

Later on Digimon started to have more unique lines akin to Pokemon.

This is even truer nowadays with this.
Although both the Digimon games and toys even to this day retain the idea of Digimon evolutionary lines being much more free form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom