• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nintendo has recently announced that the "shock the world" news for Splatoon 2 on June 9 is just a baseless rumor.

Oh well, we still have E3.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

tfw Orie uses a rapier and can summon
tfw Erica Mendez also voiced Lianna in FE:W
tfw Lianna uses Weiss' glyphs

Weiss/Orie was meant to be
both are best girls too. bonus

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

tfw Orie uses a rapier and can summon
tfw Erica Mendez also voiced Lianna in FE:W
tfw Lianna uses Weiss' glyphs

Weiss/Orie was meant to be
both are best girls too. bonus

I'd caution against shipping her with Weiss. Erica Mendez also voices Deirdre. Things generally don't go well for her love interests, especially given Weiss' ice motif. :p

Ivander

Smash Legend
It's been about a week since I beat Fate/Accel Zero's story, so some stuff I'll describe but I'll get into my main highlights.

I enjoyed it. It was nice getting to relive the events of Fate/Zero (especially since it's my personal favorite anime and my favorite of all the Fate series stories) but in a Singularity-like format. It was also great re-listening to all that Fate/Zero music during all those battles.

Older Waver was a pretty nice lead throughout this story. He strikes a nice balance between badass, wise, and humorous. I also liked his conflict regarding his desire to undo the past but having to remember that he's only correcting the singularity, not trying to change the past to permanently affect the future. I particularly liked his exchange with Young Waver when they first met and how the former was roasting the latter. Older Waver was reminded of how much of a wimp and impulsive teen he was when he saw his younger self, so it led him to that outburst.

I also enjoyed the various dialogue Older Waver had with Iskander. In fact, I'd say those dialogues were some of the main highlights in this story. First you had Iskander standing up for Younger Waver in his first encounter with Older Waver, then you had Iskander giving such a funny yet enjoyable roast on Older Waver during their second encounter while bringing up some good points how the latter can be seen as an enemy, and then Iskander left some icing parting words to Older Waver after their battle. It was nice to see how those words came into effect when Older Waver turned Young Waver into the broken OP servant we are familiar with for that final battle.

Another thing I really liked about the event is that it gave Kayneth more screentime and development. It makes sense why he got more of it here since he doesn't get crippled by Kiritsugu like he did in Fate/Zero. In Fate/Accel Zero, he see more of how arrogant Kayneth really is, but in a humorous way. That scene where Older Waver tricks Kayneth with the whole "the Trembalios were the mastermind behind the Holy Grail war to make you its winner scheme" was quite entertaining, especially when Kayneth started beaming and prancing like a fool just hearing Older Waver saying "I heard Sola has fallen more deeply in love with you in light of those event."

Kiritsugu Alter made for a decent anti-hero in this story, and I enjoyed how they built up his big reveal and his subsequent character interactions. I remember having chills when they started playing "The Battle is to the Strong" in the final fight against him. It fit the mood! He also had some nice interactions with Irisviel, and his dialogue with Angra Mainyu at the very end was good too.

Most of the other side characters were enjoyable on their own right too. Irisviel being Saber's true master in this story made her more serious and action-driven in a cool way (she's also one of my favorite Fate/Zero characters, so I liked both her portrayal here and her portrayal in Fate/Zero). Saber, Diarmuid, Kariya, Lancelot, Iskander, Young Waver, and Hassan of the many Faces were very much like their old selves from Fate/Zero. Angra Mainyu in the epilogue was also pretty enjoyable too.

I guess my only issue that comes to mind is that poor Gille de Rais, Ryuunosuke, and Gilgamesh didn't get very much screentime when I feel like they definitely could've had more.

Other than that, it was an enjoyable event. Admittedly, I didn't finish completing all the missions since i felt rather burned out after finishing the story considering all the grinding you had to do just to unlock additional quests, but for what the story was, it was nice.
[
I'm pretty sure the other "New Power" banners have been to units with new weapons, the one I remember is Raven, Felicia, Hinoka and someone else I'm forgetting.

I enjoyed it, even if characters like Gilgamesh, Gilles and Diarmuid(dude is just there) weren't handled well.
Kayneth especially was just too good and I kinda wish we could see his comical side more.
I kinda wish they had played up the "no matter what we do this won't change anything" drama, in the end, everyone just went home like everything was saved.
Iskander was obviously one of the main highlights and I love him burning down the Matou residence and saving Sakura, just makes Zero seem even more tragic because all Kariya ever had to do was to get some outside help.
Loved me those Irisviel and Saber interactions. Also kinda funny how the Eizberns basically lost the 4th Grail War because they tried to play outside the rules and hire Kiritsugu. Had they just buffed the **** out of Irisviel, she and Saber would have won it easily(pretty sure Lancer would have just ****ing died on their first encounter)

Also, I didn't really finish it lol, I got all Iris but I had some quests left undone(**** I don't think I even saw Darius).[/Spoiler]
I also enjoyed it alot. It was sad that Gilles, Ryuunosuke, Gilgamesh, Tokiomi and Kotomine didn't get much attention, but the dialogue with the rest was pretty good. And let's be honest, as much as Diarmuid may have been sorta there as one of that Waver wanted to keep alive, we're probably feeling good for him that he got his good ending in this compared to Zero.

Watching Iskander burn down the Matou house was also another highlight and really shows that if Kariya had actually said something about Sakura being hurt by Zouken, he probably would've gotten some help. I mean, he didn't even tell tokiomi cause he let his hatred of Tokiomi overtake his reasoning. Tokiomi didn't know Sakura was being hurt by Zouken and he possibly gave Sakura to Zouken not just to help the Matou's dying magic, but also to make sure he did not have to choose between one of his daughters for his inheritance and avoid giving the one he didn't choose to the Mage's Association, who apparently do some horrible things with those who don't get inheritance.

Kayneth got good development too. Not just with the big ham nature showing with Waver when he was tricking Kayneth. But the highlight was the ending bit involving the love letter and having to leave the war. Mostly because I saw someone point out that the love letter, that Kayneth mentioned about being in his quarters, was the letter that Kayneth said that he would never let anyone see until he "died", according to his own words.
And considering that he did believe Waver and Co. were from the future, Kayneth got the message that he actually died in the war. As he asked, "Am I wrong in thinking that the study you refer to...is one whose master never returned to it?" and Waver said "Yes That's right". Despite the fact that it pretty much stated that all of the things that Waver said about him doing all the big things in the future were a lie, Kayneth thanked him for telling him. It really showed his humbleness and his willingness to accept the truth that he wasn't amazing, in order to save Sola whom he did care about. It was quite heartwarming.

Kitirsugu was pretty good. And it was cool to learn about all the differences of the Singularity compared to Zero, like Irisviel being Saber's master and Kiritsugu not being in the war. It really helped add to the confusion alongside Waver's confusion when you learn that Irisviel has the Command seals, as the player would be like, "What? She has them? Then what about Kiritsugu?" And then you find out Assassin's true identity in the end. Pretty good.

And I don't think I need to mention Young Waver, Old Waver and Iskander interactions. Also, the ending was heartwarming, when Iskander flicked Older Waver's head and pretty much seemed to get the message across that Iskander may have learned/guessed who Older Waver was. I do feel there was a missed opportunity in not using the 2nd half of "You are my King" in the battle against him. On the other hand, the Point/Zero music used for the Grand Battle was pretty great.
Anyway, I thought it was a well written event, much like the Prison Tower event with Dantes and the Kara no Kyoukai event. Also, you didn't miss anything with Darius. It was just a match allowing you the opportunity to have Iskander fight Darius, but there was no dialogue whatsoever. So you didn't miss anything other than a "rematch".

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I remember seeing the post this came from, it's what made me realize Bugs Bunny was powerful enough to join the likes of Merlinus and Shaggy in terms of power level.
I still hold that Jiren would have won the Tournament of Power if Shaggy hadn't gone Ultra Instinct.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So the Raptors' Coach got fired. Which is a bit messed up because he was with them for 7 seasons, and in 5 of those seasons, they had gotten to the playoff games.

I think the new guy is gonna have some big shoes to fill is all.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So the Raptors' Coach got fired. Which is a bit messed up because he was with them for 7 seasons, and in 5 of those seasons, they had gotten to the playoff games.

I think the new guy is gonna have some big shoes to fill is all.

Watch him win COTY, making stuff more awkward.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I said some of it.
I did not lose all, just a bit.
Then you need to BEHAVE Shiny!
pardaig t emote 2.png

This isn't some bizarre website here, despite all the sexual talk that would make you think that.:4megaman:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
BlazBlue feels great with the Pokkén Pro Pad.

I haven't used that controller in ages and yet it still has that new controller smell, lol.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Oh yeah, I should try the Crosstag Battle Demo.

RWBY characters just make me a little sad nowadays. :4mii:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Spoilered cause its mostly ****posting.

So according to the translator leaks that people are trusting and people within the business say seem to check out, the next Pokemon Game will be a Kanto Revisit but very different.

Supposedly the games will be set 100 years after Red and Blue with notable areas of the region sinking into the ocean and being replace with new areas. One such example was that pallet town would be completely submerged.

Honestly if this were true it would be a hype game imo.

Seeing the region in a whole new way would be hype. Plus it give an excuse for new Pokemon and could lead to really diverse areas.

Its definitely a cool idea at least.
Eh, I don't think Pokemon would jump that far ahead, also I feel adding new Pokemon only happens at the start of gens

No, I have never 100% an EO game before, shame on mel
No, I'm not asking if you ever completed a Etrian Odyssey game before, I'm asking if you think about Etrian Odyssey 90% of the time.

Um... doesn't the Illuminati control everything?

What would they have to gain from an election?
And you see that's why we need Opo as Prime Minister, so he can destroy them from the inside, unlike Swamp who would just give them more control of everything.

For FE fans, if you could have one character as a wife/husband, who would you pick?
Why would I make any of them my wife, when I can just pair all the girls up to be yuri couples?

Okay.
Okay.
I know I've been gone for a while, but I think I have a solution. Everyone is making fun of Smash terminology right? So I feel, if we're going to properly advance the meta, we need to go for a better dictation of our terms. I propose we use Tiddlywinks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiddlywinks#Terminology

It has a whole bunch of fancy names that could prove really useful in Smash 5 or whatever the **** it's called.
For example.
Gromp: an attempt to jump a pile onto another wink (usually with the squidger held in a conventional rather than Bristol fashion)
Could be a footstool

Lunch: to pot a squopped wink (usually belonging to an opponent)
Is a KO

Squidger: the disc used to shoot a wink
Is your character

This will work I swear.
Get your Smash out of my Tiddlywinks,

Dabg Yanks.

Why the hell is there a game by PETA on the eShop?
Cause PETA paid Nintendo to do it, to get a gap on a Nintendo platform all you have to do is pay them a fee for the license to the console.

Butt Butt evolved into Buff Buff

Course he showed up, is this guy ever going to go home?

Yooka Laylee Shovel Knight is still my favorite version of him.

Fight me.
Why though? Your not wrong.

Social Justice Warios.

:warioc::warioc::warioc::warioc:
Yes, we need Wario to fight for the right kind of change.

If videogames wanted to appeal to me they'd just overdesign clothing because that's honestly a big turn on for me on a character design
I mean, Shulk is a great example of this, so many unnecessary lines and stupid **** on his clothes but hot damn do I love it
Well, I only like overdesigned pimped out dresses. Shulk is cool though.

I'm just saying you don't become a character artist without learning how to draw a pair of breasts.
Well, I am, but I need a proper par to look at, so I can get it down.

Does that you mean you like Lulu and her belts? :cool:

I mean, she's practically the first character who comes to mind when it comes to overdesigning something. Her and her multitude belt strap dress.
I think she needs more belts.

I once wrote a story/series where people told me I had too many gay characters. So I not only proved them wrong by listing every character by sexuality and showing they were still out numbered by straight people.

I increased the gay by writing a story/series spin-off about a drag queen character and only 2 of the characters there were straight.

That is the correct response.

Don't you come for Lulu like this when you can go to comics, look at Rob Liefeld and his love of pouches and then get back to me.
I though he was more about putting on loads of muscles, even things that don't need em.

Ah, so you'd go Republican on economic issues then.

That seems to be their MO for the past few decades.

EDIT:

Lowering taxes isn't a bad idea at all. It just means the entire budget needs to be reexamined.

If you can make it work, then go ahead, but the debate is how to do that.
Well lower taxes on Middle class and low income families isn't a bad idea, its corporations and the mega wealthy where lowering taxes is a bad idea.

This might be a bit much, but I have be honest... it's a freaking shame that we have this so called "president" who only wants to do rallies just to get more attention when he already IS the center of attention and shouldn't need that much popularity. If anything, I'm just getting tired of this absurd nonsense that's been going on for a year and a half now.

What he should be doing right now instead of holding these rallies is his freaking job, which is to actually try to help the country. Then again, he is a narcissist, so it's not exactly surprising that he'd do this... and trust me, I know he's only in it for the money and could literally care less about the rest of the world and the U.S. by extension.

I'm sorry... it isn't normal of me to get political like this, but I had to get that out because I am just frustrated of having to go through this every single day, even if I try not to pay attention to it just to keep myself sane.
Well holding rallies isn't a bad idea to get populations politically active, Roosevelt did it during his presidency, but he did it more as away for the populace to put pressure on congress to work with him, and not listen to wealthy people and rich business owners.

Eh, I prefer Persuasion checks to Intimidation checks. I'll offer tax breaks to Japanese game imports in exchange for production of the title.
Right, so make sure the people you negotiate in game with a giant assholes that you'll want to kill.

Everyone knows female breasts contain hamster balls with hamsters running on them inside. Why do you think they bounce so much?
I thought they were just giant balloons filled with helium.

Just you ****ers wait
One of these days there's gonna be boob talk here for the umpteenth time
But then I'll have my own boobs
Yeah, like that'll ever happen, Miss Flat. :troll:

Y'all need to be a decent kid like me.
But are you really though?

The Church of Ridley or something like that.

Or K. Rool Witnesses
I reject these faiths, for the Holy War of Swamp vs Opo.

Yo I remember the old MSN Messenger from back in the day (mid-2000's). How before Facebook and even Skype that was my way of contacting my friends. I spammed the noise button as well.

Looking back on that I was a ****poster before being a ****poster was cool. :shades:

Least we forget the "Oh Come on!" sound effect you could use.

****, where did those days go? You can't do that anymore.
Aww how cute, you think ****posting is something new. Diplomats have been ****posting each other since Ancient Rome.

You know.

It kind of occurs to me.

How does Doom toot anything through a metal mask?
Because he is DOOM!!
He probably just uses magic to up his voice, cause he is that vain, he would learn a spell just so he could do it.

View attachment 143714

Don't make me pec flex your *** back to Latveria.
That will never work on DOOM!!

[I do.

I very much do.
How dare you question the might of DOOM!

Arguably not as relaxing as Blue Cave's and Cull Hazard's music, but the place itself is very calming~
Not surprised you would take this chance to promote Quest 64.

Why you guys are always talking about sex?

I thought it was a PG13 Christian website.
No, this site just has Christians on it.

ARRRGGGHHHH I ****ING PULLED SOMETHING IN MY BACK
That don't sound good, hope you get better soon.

Yo this ****'s gonna be hype to watch speedruns of
Well, that looks fun.

Ok, so, Etrian Odyssey has 6 elements for its damaging skills, 3 for physical damage and 3 for elemental damage. The 3 physical ones are Cut, Stab and Bash.
Skill usage is also tied to one of 3 body parts(so you can't use certain skills when certain body parts are bound): Head, Arms and Legs.
Why is this relevant? Because certain weapons give unique skills, one of which is called Poison Jab and tied to a Cestus. Sounds good, right? Except it deals Cut damage and uses the user's Head
View attachment 143728
Of course you would take a chance to shill for Etrian Odyssey. :p

Out of context I figured that image was a comment on how Dugtrio can learn Poison Jab and Slash.
They actually have claws, it was confirmed in Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue team after you save a Diglett, so Dugtrio logically should have claws as well.

I remember seeing the post this came from, it's what made me realize Bugs Bunny was powerful enough to join the likes of Merlinus and Shaggy in terms of power level.
Jesus, don't buy his book guys, its just 100 pages shilling Etrian Odyssey, and about 10 pages on the actual subjects.

Anyway, I got to job interviews next week, hopefully I might have a job at the end of next week.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
ive won 0...
Absoulty failure at this, I am. very close to givin up
Not sure how it's going to sound, but you shouldn't be so harsh on yourself. Fighting game are infamous for being games that you will lose alot before being decent at it, well, beside if your name is Smash, but that's another story.

So yeah, don't give up.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
And you see that's why we need Opo as Prime Minister, so he can destroy them from the inside, unlike Swamp who would just give them more control of everything.
But...

upload_2018-5-11_15-0-44.png

He's one of them... He already controls us from behind the shadows, laughing in his marsupial dialect as he uses us like pawns.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I knew it all along!

I tried to keep telling you guys but you would never listen!
No one listens to normal human guy with a generic edgy villain as an alter ego.

I'm a powerful mythical beast with magical abilities. That probably makes me more credible than you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom