• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
https://gematsu.com/2018/05/nintend...-50th-anniversary-edition-announced-for-japan

Nintendo is making a second Famicom Mini as the "Weekly Shonen Jump 50th Anniversary Edition" coming in July. Here are the following titles it includes:
  • Ankoku Shinwa: Yamato Takeru Densetsu
  • Captain Tsubasa
  • Captain Tsubasa 2
  • Destiny of an Emperor
  • Dragon Ball 3: Gokuden
  • Dragon Ball Z: Kyoushuu! Saiyajin
  • Dragon Ball: Shenron no Nazo
  • Dragon Quest
  • Famicom Jump II: Saikyou no Shichinin
  • Famicom Jump: Hero Retsuden
  • Hokuto no Ken
  • Hokuto no Ken 3: Shin Seiki Souzou Seiken Restuden
  • Kinnikuman: Kinnikusei Oui Soudatsusen
  • Magical Taruruuto-kun: Fantastic World!!
  • Rokudenashi Blues
  • Saint Seiya: Ougon Densetsu
  • Saint Seiya: Ougon Densetsu Kanketsuhen
  • Sakigake!! Otokojuku Shippuu Ichi Gou Sei
  • Sekiryuuou
  • Tag Team Match: Muscle
No word on an international release (I say 99.99% no) or if a Super Famicon one is in the future.
I love Shenron no Nazo. It came out long before Dragonball turned into an action series with every game adaptation being a fighting game. Instead its just a fun, quirky adventure game based on the first arc. It's pretty flawed in the way a lot of those old NES games are, but it remains a favorite all the same.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Anyone got some good anime on their mind that they'd happily recommend at the moment?

Right now, I'm watching ReZero, Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist. Once im done those I'll get right over to Steins Gate (well I can watch it alongside FMA) while waiting for more stuff for on Attack On Titan, Little Witch Academia and One Punch Man.

Oh and I still gotta get onto those Fate movies as well.
Re:Zero and Steins; Gate are the two I'd recommend the most, but seeing that you are finally watching Re:Zero (good isekai anime) and Steins;Gate (awesome sci-fi mystery thriller), I'll make a new recommendation: Konosuba.

Konosuba is another pretty good isekai that also deconstructs its own genre like Re:Zero does, but unlike Re:Zero, Konosuba is a comedy rather than an action drama. For what it does as a comedy though, it does it quite well. There are plenty of humorous moments in that show, and all four main characters are a very likable bunch.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

He even ran for President :p
Yeah, well, Opo will make a better Prime Minister. Heretic.

Glad to see more people are coming around to Goku from Yuyuki. :troll:

Yes, I know these replies are late, shut up Kevin.
Yeah, shut up Kevin, and let Bob start talking already. :glare:

My condolences to everyone that died. :cry:
Stop telling everyone I'm dead.

Regardless, I think we should discuss bigger problems. Namely, the "what characters can actually defeat Saitama?" issue. I propose characters who could beat him are Merlinus(as already estabilished in my last book "The Gods are Dead, The Battle Between Two Titans Commences"), Ultra Instinct Shaggy(Base Form Shaggy is debatable but UI is for sure), Bartre with the Infinity Gauntlet and all six Infinity Stones and Bugs Bunny(assuming he has full access to his reality-bending powers). In this essay I will
Come on man, you can't just tease us like that, and leave us hangng!!! Come on man continue your essay!!

Also when I read Shaggy, I pictured Shaggy from Scooby Dooby Doo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I watched that whole video on the sexualization on XC2 and it's actually really good. The way he defines sexualization helps a lot to define exactly what it is and it's an overall really good look as to why and where XC2 failed with its character designs.
Anyone got some good anime on their mind that they'd happily recommend at the moment?

Right now, I'm watching ReZero, Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist. Once im done those I'll get right over to Steins Gate (well I can watch it alongside FMA) while waiting for more stuff for on Attack On Titan, Little Witch Academia and One Punch Man.

FMA is probably one of the best anime out there and it's one of the few I could recommend to basically anyone so watch the **** out of it. It's a wonderful ride from beginning to end.

As for recommendations, I'm not sure if you have already watched or are currently watching it but, My Hero Academia is my biggest one. Don't think I have to explain why, if you like battle shonens, it's the best there is.
Aside from that, some less known would be
-91 Days(12 episodes): a mafia revenge story, main character receives a letter with the names of the three mafiosos who murdered his family when he was still a kid and he sets out to infiltrate their mafia family and take them out one-by-one.
-Inuyashiki(12 episodes): "what would you do if you were turned into a super fighting robot?". A duality between two men. Old man has ****ty life, gets turned into a robot with superpowers and decides to become a hero, Inuyashiki(the main character) is incredibly pure and really a true hero. However, a young man named Hiro(ha subtle) gets the same powers as him but instead he decides to use them to murder people.
-Made in Abyss(13 episodes, season 2 coming out this year): a fantasy anime about a cute kid with no adult supervision descending into a lovecraftian hole of horror with her super fighting robot friend that she just made to find her mother. It's basically Etrian Odyssey. It's literally Etrian Odyssey.
-Mob Psycho 100(12 episodes, season 2 confirmed): same author as OPM, that's all you need to know, really. Though it's much more grounded and leans more towards "character study" than OPM's comedy.
-Princess Principal(12 episodes, season 2 confirmed): cute girls doing spy things. I didn't think much of it when I saw it but somehow they make moe spy girls work and good god does it work. It's also by the studio that's single-handledly saving SAO. Also, it's gay, very gay.
-Pop Team Epic(12 episodes, season 2 confirmed): ****posting in animated format.
-Re:Creators(22 episodes): reverse Isekai, fictional characters come to OUR world. The characters are really fun and so are the fights but the show really shines with its whole celebration of content creators which I feel is really important to anyone who is or aspires to be an artist/writer/etc.
-Bungou Stray Dogs(24 episodes, season 2/3 never ever): seinen action manga. Plot is super dumb but the characters are all incredibly lovable and entertaining. Fights are the real draw though, since they're a lot like Jojo's "puzzle fights" in that it's "how do you defeat this ability?". Also, every important character is based off a writer and their abilities are references to one of their books. You wouldn't realize that until the AMERICAN characters come in but that's fine.
New Rumor with pokemon. Made by that "translator" that made the rumor about the two snakes thing

Kanto 100 years in the future. Except Kanto is submerged and a new region is in its place.

I think these rumors are getting stupid.

And the snakes are somehow involved.
Pokemon: Wind and Pokemon: Waker versions
Come on man, you can't just tease us like that, and leave us hangng!!! Come on man continue your essay!!
You can read my whole essay if you by my book "'Saitama: The Strongest Being'. A Counterpoint". Buy it right now for just $39.99 and you'll get a 50% discount on my first book "Merlinus: The Hidden Titan"
Also when I read Shaggy, I pictured Shaggy from Scooby Dooby Doo.
That's literally who I'm talking about.

Chrono.

holy batgdmnd whao tis crau
I have no idea what I was trying to say here.
Chrono. Chrono.

Of course this pops up right after our discussion about it.
I can't say I care for this too much now that I have World lol.

I might still get it on sale or maybe just wait for brand new one. I liked playing as the cats in the demo.
CONTROLLABLE MYTHRA
OH MY ****ING GAWDFDCDHGCKJFGKXJBXDFHJKKICYOHYUGRUTYFRHHGKIFUTAJKVGUIGYJHK
Smh you ain't slick.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I still would like to know why those changes in your username and gender.

Did you have a sex reassignment surgery (thanks @Cutie Gwen for the correction)?
Uhhhh no.

I was simply questioning if I was trans. After a week of thinking about it, talking to other people and doing some other stuff that I'm not going to explain, I've concluded that while I enjoy being feminine, I don't want to be a girl.

And no, no sex reassignment surgery. You don't do stuff like that on a whim.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Going to try Mega Man for the first time via Legacy Collection. :4megaman:

Will I be good at it? We'll see (they're supposed to be tough, right?)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
BEST CHARACTER HAS (re)ENTERED THE GAME.

IMG_20180510_204044.jpg

Also I like how Mythra was just there for the first fight. The enemy died before I even unsheathed my weapon.

Starlight_Lily

-Made in Abyss(13 episodes, season 2 coming out this year): a fantasy anime about a cute kid with no adult supervision descending into a lovecraftian hole of horror with her super fighting robot friend that she just made to find her mother. It's basically Etrian Odyssey. It's literally Etrian Odyssey.
Man you'll take any opportunity to shill for EO, won't you?

You can read my whole essay if you by my book "'Saitama: The Strongest Being'. A Counterpoint". Buy it right now for just $39.99 and you'll get a 50% discount on my first book "Merlinus: The Hidden Titan"
Why would I buy that second book? Merlinus is just some random merchant, who drives a wagon.

That's literally who I'm talking about.
Well, you could have meant SSB Velma for all I knew, sorry. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I knew that Ayra kinda looked like Rei

Julius from the Black Moon Clan
I always knew that Shana looked like Mercury. Methinks the GBA FE's were heavily inspired by that kind of artsyle.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So where do we stand on rumors and leaks?

From what I can gather

*Character props for E3 floor
*accidental confirmation that Namco is on team
*A rumor that may have gotten lucky with guessing when the online is detailed, may possible have 3 characters

Anything missed?

D

Deleted member

Haha so, I decided to promote L'Arachel since I had the feathers thanks to those 13k we got but I found it weirs she wasn't favorited since I could have sword I had done it before.
Still, I found her, favorited and promoted her. Good, Res Tactics fodder is ready.

Jump forward, like, 10 hours and I was making a team for the first map of the new SA and then I saw this
Screenshot_20180510-164926~2.png

I HAD ALREADY ****ING PROMOTED HER BUT MY BRAIN FARTED AND FORGOT ABOUT IT
WHEN DID I PULL A SECOND ONE I DON'T REMEMBER THIS ****
**** IT GUESS I'M BUILDING HER NOW THEN NOTHING ELSE I CAN DO LET'S SEE WHICH ONE HAS THE BETTER IVS

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

From what I can gather

*A rumor that may have gotten lucky with guessing when the online is detailed, may possible have 3 characters

Anything missed?
Wait, what's the rumor for the first one?

I haven't heard that one.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

If you're looking for some fighting anime, you could try Blood-C. I've only seen two episodes so I can't say much, but it seems great so far.

Starlight_Lily

So you’re rooting for the one with a connection to the @Illuminati

And then you have the nerve of saying I’m the one who chose the wrong side?
No, Swamp is the secret leader of the Illuminati, wake up sheeple, haven't you realised that's why he ran for President?

We need Opo as Prime Minister to stop Swamp's nefarious plans

Not my fault MiA is basically an adaptation of EO
You say that, but how much of that is true, and not just you projecting your Etrian Odyssey bias onto.

See, this is exactly why you need to read it. I go into extensive detail on his backstory and secret abilities.
Fine alright I'll buy it, but only if I'm not bombarded by Etrian Odyssey shilling

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When it comes to Switch vs Wii U, Switch is dominating.

But whenever my nephew is over he doesn't even touch the switch and asks why I don't have the wii u charged.

Chrono.

If you're looking for some fighting anime, you could try Blood-C. I've only seen two episodes so I can't say much, but it seems great so far.
I'll save you the trouble, it gets worse. A lot worse.

Legit one of the worst anime I've watched.

Blood+ and Blood The Last Vampire (which + and C were based off of) are much better.

D

Deleted member

I didn't train L'Arachel, current training map is melee but I did build Finn and he has eaten a Peri because she wasn't gonna use that Killer Lance+ any time soon.
You say that, but how much of that is true, and not just you projecting your Etrian Odyssey bias onto.
Ok, let's see:
-Big ass maze digging into the ground exists
-Hole-maze-thing is divided into 5 areas, getting progressively more dangerous the deeper you get
-Secret 6th area that no one has ever charted is the stuff of nightmares
-Each area is very distinct from the other
-Explorers decide "hey, why not" and explore the hole-maze-thing
-Town built around it has its whole economy based around what the explorers find in there: be it valuable relics or plants and monsters native to the hole-maze-thing
-Speaking of which, the hole-maze-thing is a living ecosystem
-Everything wants to kill you, even squirrels
-Very young kids are allowed to delve into the lovecraftian hole-maze-thing
-Some explorers try to kill you
-There are furries
-Hole-maze-thing is built on top of an old society's ruins
-The ****ing protagonist is literally blonde there's no way around it
Fine alright I'll buy it, but only if I'm not bombarded by Etrian Odyssey shilling
You underestimate my ability to connect Merlinus secretely being the most powerful being in fiction to an anime dungeon crawler

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Realised something while playing NG+.

When Nia clenches her fists after Malos tells her to call the Monoceres after Rex was killed, it was because she wanted to revive him. :c

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Ok, let's see:
-Big *** maze digging into the ground exists
-Hole-maze-thing is divided into 5 areas, getting progressively more dangerous the deeper you get
-Town built around it has its whole economy based around what the explorers find in there: be it valuable relics or plants and monsters native to the hole-maze-thing
-There are furries
Just passing through and I for a moment thought you were talking about Danmachi. Didn't realize the concept of a town built atop a mysterious underground dungeon with many floors and monsters getting progressively stronger was so common, but I guess it's a pretty basic premise for an RPG.

Starlight_Lily

I didn't train L'Arachel, current training map is melee but I did build Finn and he has eaten a Peri because she wasn't gonna use that Killer Lance+ any time soon.

Ok, let's see:
-Big *** maze digging into the ground exists
-There are furries

You underestimate my ability to connect Merlinus secretely being the most powerful being in fiction to an anime dungeon crawler
Have you ever thought of trying not to connect something to Etrian Odyssey?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Car wheel's locked! Nothing I tried is working... but help is on the way.

More time to relax.

Also, @DarkAuraful , excellent choice on Cowboy Bebop.

It's my personal favorite one-season anime. I watched Re:Zero for the memes, was not dissapoined.

And I'm also obliged to suggest JoJo's Bizzare Adventure. Especially Part 3: Stardust Crusaders and Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable.

But don't skip the first two either.

D

Deleted member

The more I'm watching videos of the Switch version of Tropical Freeze, the more I want to get back into the Wii U version I own.

Chrono.

Realised something while playing NG+.

When Nia clenches her fists after Malos tells her to call the Monoceres after Rex was killed, it was because she wanted to revive him. :c
There's a ton of small foreshadowing like that through the whole game it's really nice.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Melee Maps are good for training ranged if you have 2 pretty good Armoured units, like Sheena, Winter Lissa and Hardin, due to their good Defense to withstand the Melee units and their high RES to defend against the Manaketes.

Regardless, Bow Map is the best map for training, due to all Physical Melees except for 2 Bows and New Years Corrin being perfect for training allies up due to having enough Defense to avoid being damaged by any of the enemies if he has a Defense+3 A-skill/Forged DEF Hama Ya+ and being able to give +12-+14 DEF to the character being trained.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just passing through and I for a moment thought you were talking about Danmachi. Didn't realize the concept of a town built atop a mysterious underground dungeon with many floors and monsters getting progressively stronger was so common, but I guess it's a pretty basic premise for an RPG.
Tbh, it's a common setting for dungeon crawlers, not enough to have a trope of its own though. MiA just relates the most to EO because the way the Abyss is structured is very similar to EO's Yggdrasil, hell, the first strata is even a green lush forest.
Have you ever thought of trying not to connect something to Etrian Odyssey?
You mean Etrian Odyssey is the key to world peace?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
After playing the latest FEH story chapters....
Oh boy I can't wait to be "surprised" that Ylgr isn't actually Ylgr and find out that Fjorm has yet another dead sibling.

It's honestly so blatant that something's up that I'm half expecting nothing actually to be up and this was just an oversight.

Shocked that nobody in game caught that little slip-up...or they did and have something planned. Probably not, but who knows.

/notlateatall

Ivander

Smash Legend
After playing the latest FEH story chapters....
Oh boy I can't wait to be "surprised" that Ylgr isn't actually Ylgr and find out that Fjorm has yet another dead sibling.

It's honestly so blatant that something's up that I'm half expecting nothing actually to be up and this was just an oversight.

Shocked that nobody in game caught that little slip-up...or they did and have something planned. Probably not, but who knows.

/notlateatall
I'm pretty sure the Ylgr we saw talking with Helbendi is the real deal, since I doubt Loki would acknowledge Helbendi being a decent guy. On the other hand, the Ylgr who appeared to the group definitely sounds like Loki, since Loki could swap places with Ylgr while Ylgr is being taken to the castle.

I could give Alfonse the benefit of the doubt, as they portrayed Alfonse as the hesitant to trust type who is also knowledgeable. Besides us, I could see Alfonse becoming hesitant to trust Ylgr, but keeping calm and collected to avoid showing his suspicion. But no way of knowing that until the next Chapter.
Sharena is tougher to give benefit to, due to her friends-to-all nature. But it would be a good opportunity to give her some character development if they have her remember her incident with Katarina when and if the doubts shows themselves.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There's a ton of small foreshadowing like that through the whole game it's really nice.
Yeah I caught most of the bigger ones just by thinking back to them, mostly to do with Nia, but it'll be nice to see the smaller ones. I also noticed Bana mentioning "the job in Mor Ardain", and a sidequest mentioning the Garfront Mercenaries before you meet them.

It's like they kinda wrote the story around players revisiting it for NG+.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Noting that 16 unnamed Switch game SKU's have shown up on GameStop's computer system.

I don't think I need to say when they'll be revealed.

D

Deleted member

Ok, I finally got the time so I'm going back to EOV after a long while... what the **** was I doing in this game again?
>Toxic Reap from Harbinger
>Skill is on Lv3
>Deals 343 damage
>Equivalent to 1/2 or 1/3 of most monsters' HP in the 3rd stratum
Yup, this is gonna be fun. God, I love my party, they're so broken. Pugilist and Harbinger are super fun to use.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

From what I can gather

Anything missed?
The prop thing was two separate rumors that got blurred together, IIRC. One predicting some veteran returns and the other happening later that piggybacked on it and added the prop part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom