• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Labo is cool but I'm not too interested in it, so I'll just wait until rumours start for next week's announcement from Nintendo. :p

Chrono.

The DBFZ thing is probably fake.

Guy mentions Blue Vegito as the final unlockable along with Champa as the final boss.

The V-Jump scan today said the roster is finished at 24. So Vegito doesn't fit.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Labo is cool but I'm not too interested in it, so I'll just wait until rumours start for next week's announcement from Nintendo. :p
We still have that direct page on the Japanese site right?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We still have that direct page on the Japanese site right?
Jokes aside, we actually do, I forgot about that, lol.

Fwiw the guy who first said there'd be a presentation this week about accessory-related content also said originally there was supposed to be a proper Direct around now which touched on FE, but it has since moved to Feb.

Chrono.

Fwiw the guy who first said there'd be a presentation this week about accessory-related content also said originally there was supposed to be a proper Direct around now which touched on FE, but it has since moved to Feb.
This full Direct is on the track of getting more delays than Brawl.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021

Guess we should expect one in Feb. After mini ones there's another one in a few weeks.

Wonder if FE or something else wasn't ready.....

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I blame the popularity of the Switch for the amount of leaks we're getting. When a lot of people like something you better bet there's going to be quite a few snoopers and whoo boy does Nintendo have a lot of stuff to snoop.

Chrono.

Guess we should expect one in Feb. After mini ones there's another one in a few weeks.

Wonder if FE or something else wasn't ready.....
I think they just wanna have less games at the price of longer trailers.

Remember the last September Direct and how it had a bunch of side games but also super long trailers (hello Xenoblade 2)? Thinking that might be the approach to the longer Directs now, put the less important games in a mini, make long Directs with the big guns.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Chrono.

I unlocked the Purification skill for my Majin and it sucks.

It's just Kid Buu but worse.
WOAH nice! (Rex quote)
So I am guessing Morag has never take her hat off in the game?
She does at two points, but her hair is tied in a knot like a samurai.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Won't lie, that actually looks pretty neat. Good thoughts on that one, Nintendo~
I am also a huge papercraft fan, but I prefer more challenging ones. That said this Nintendo Labo is pretty awesome reminds me of the Maker Project that was demonstrated in Taiwan and Japan...
Also LOL at people being mad over this announcement, since it has been said to be intended for kids since the beginning.

Mod edit: Video removed.​
Just who in particular? Just mention the YouTube name since your video obviously has swears.
My guess is Rerez, just kidding, probably some users that is known to hate Nintendo...
The best movie...
The first three are really competitive...
I have seen Your Name and A Silent Voice, but not the third one...
Latter three.... Nah...

Best score....
Re:Creators, nuff said...

Anime of the year...
Made In Abyss.
She does at two points, but her hair is tied in a knot like a samurai.
I see, don't spoil when lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I am also a huge papercraft fan, but I prefer more challenging ones. That said this Nintendo Labo is pretty awesome reminds me of the Maker Project that was demonstrated in Taiwan and Japan...
Ah, cool. I remember doing 3D puzzles myself~

Just who in particular? Just mention the YouTube name since your video obviously has swears.
My guess is Rerez, just kidding, probably some users that is known to hate Nintendo...
Nah, it was just a video saying something derogatory.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I just finished the story mode in FE warriors. I know there's actually still a ton more to do in the game, but I figured I should put down some of my impressions.

Spoilered just in case cause there's some story stuff here:
The story was fine. Nothing to write home about, but I wasn't really expecting anything from the story. It was decently entertaining and it was fun seeing a bunch of characters interact with each other, which is ultimately part of the point of crossovers. My biggest gripe is that Fates got 3 of the 5 hero orbs or whatever they're called. They should've either included Lyn and Celica in the story mode, or had Rowan and Lianna turn out to be the last two heroes or something. But otherwise the story served its purpose just fine.

The gameplay is fine too. Never played a Musou before(even though I own Samurai Warriors....>_>) but it's fun. sometimes I feel like I'm doing less damage to certain enemies than I should be, but can't complain for the most part. As for the different mission types, most of them are fine, with the exception of the Arena and Time attack missions in History Mode. Those are a pain. I also find it annoying that you have to redo maps to get all of the Mementos int he game. Feels like really unnecessary padding.
I'll touch on the roster as well, even though ultimately it's somewhat of a minor thing as the rest of the game is plenty fun.
Ultimately, it's an okay selection given the restrictions. I think no matter what they did with the roster, some portion of the fanbase would be upset with what they did. With a series like FE, for the roster you can either:
1. Include a small number of main characters from each game in the series, or
2. Include a somewhat larger set of important characters from a smaller set of games.

I think either of these would have been fine, and both would have left some fans unsatisfied due to a variety of reasons(FE Warriors being a pipe dream in the fandom for a while now, Heroes setting unreasonable roster expectations, etc). They went with the latter...mostly. Lyn and Celica feel kind of like desperate attempt to please fans who wanted broader series representation(not to mention blatant pandering to the waifu-obsessed parts of the fanbase, considering Alm and Ike are nowhere to be seen), but honestly I think they should have stuck to their guns and focused on adding more characters from the 3 focus games. Lyn and Celica probably would have been better off being held off for Blazing Sword/Echoes focused DLC.

Other specific critiques/nitpicks on the roster:
  1. The roster could use some serious diversity when it comes to lance users - in the base game, if you want a lance user, you're using a Pegasus Knight. Azura should really have been in the base game, and they should have also added someone as a lance Cav(probably Jagen, but it could be anyone really). Cordelia also feel like a somewhat questionable addition considering there's already 2 other lance-wielding pegasus knights on the roster.
  2. Lots of others have already pointed this out, but Shadow Dragon Really feels like it got shafted in terms of being represented - a mere three characters feels like a token afterthought compared to Awakeing's 6 and Fates's 9. Probably would have helped to hold the game back a bit to include the SD DLC characters, and maybe some others to generally improve roster diversity.
  3. Can't really begrudge them making Fates a focus game with it being the newest at the time of development, but it's not really helping the potential diversity of the roster when there's 9-10 characters that kinda feel like obligatory additions to the roster for one game.
...that sure was a lot of text. Really disorganized and probably isn't very coherent, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Alright - Caught up on everything right now.
To be fair, I had no expectations or idea that anything would be revealed today since I didn't see any sort of announcement to get hype for. Don't think I'll be getting one of the kits at launch - might wait until I can save up for at least the Robo Build, much later in the year. Still, I do find the concept really novel and clever. I can definitely see that young kids and families will definitely get a lot of joy from building these kits.

I am looking forward to seeing where these ventures go for Nintendo.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I want to build a giant cardboard Aegis and swing it into my TV screen to play Xenoblade 2.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Can I make Samus's arm cannon?

If yes, then you have my attention....

D

Deleted member

Yeah, STEM

Science, Technology, Engineering, and Magic.
I get the joke, Stem is magical. It is.
Another thing to note
Mathematics is good for the brain always, it may cause stress but it makes your brain grow, like learning a new language. That is the power of it honey, and It is powerful. I like you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom