• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
One of the kickers of that Squidboards visit was the nostalgia.

A Lucario avatar. I haven't had a Lucario avatar in years. I use to all the time though. Here too.

Damn. I feel old. Why did I do this to myself?
I just checked my account on there.
It has my old Drawcia Soul avatar.
Fitting.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'm having a hard time coming up with what Opossum Opossum should be. /s

There's an easy way to work him in.

After all, he's based on a mythical animal.

Chrono.

Squidboards is so old that people there probably think "Smash brothers more like SLASH brothers am I right because of the swords?" Is the pinnacle of comedy
More like SLASH brothers because of my steamy Ike x Captain Falcon x Little Mac threeway fanfiction.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That aside, Ice Cream with Dill Pickles, anybody? :lick:
Who got you pregnant?
It wasn't me this time!
I see I missed the good ****.

Ah well. Since you're here, how about some more stuff for you to scroll through?

wait wait wait wait wait
i thought it was 250 words per week?
Whaaaaaat?

2. The submissions will comprise no less than 1750 words per week.
- This equates to 250 words per day. Multiple pieces can be submitted in a week so long as they total the amount.
- Overage is encouraged if inspiration strikes, but is not counted.
250 a day, Katt.

Ain't too much really, trust me. Basically a really long SB post.

In fact, if you strip out the quotes, images, and spoiler stuff, this post alone is 306 words long.

I'd rather not go to jail.
Keep+telling+yourself+that+_d721b3ac5588da8e423e49fa6d4010e6.jpg

Got a find a could gang of ducks to run over red with.
upload_2018-4-30_0-48-28.png

xD Can you give me an example of how you used that random generator and what things you came up with? :3 And thanks, a lot, really!
Usually I'd go slumming around Seventh Sanctum and just click whatever seemed most interesting at the time.

Examples are kind of hard to explain because I rarely kept the raw generation. But digging around in my old project wiki I'm reasonably certain that the monster generator was to blame for a handful of these. If so, they'd provide me a name - say "Skull Hunter" - and I would proceed to run the **** wild with it in a two-hour stream of consciousness, like so:

The next time you think you're a little bit crazy, consider the skull hunter.

These reptillian humanoids live similarly to nomads - similarly, in that they inhabit the pantry, but are constantly on the move. Individual skull hunters are solitary creatures - at least in terms of other organisms. They carry around a bag full of skulls, generally collected off of particularly prominent foes. So far we're looking pretty normal.

It's about this point we should discuss their talking to the skulls.

Skull hunters believe that they can speak with the deceased creatures associated with the skulls they carry. Scientists who have studied it in other skull hunter populations scattered on the alien world have likened it to a predisposition to dissociative identity disorder, albeit utilizing totems and on a species-wide scale. One specific scientist familiar with old-world Earth culture dubbed it "Wilson syndrome." Though the story apocryphically mentions this as being a joke, and after numerous alcoholic beverages, the name stuck.

The skulls carried by an adult skull hunter are called that hunter's "Circle of Four," and there are indeed exclusively four skulls in the bag - no more, no less. It is speculated that gathering the required number is a rite of passage for young skull hunters. Each skull carried by the hunter is given a sentient personality corresponding to the creature that it came from. Whether the personality is internalized or fabricated is dependant upon the degree of familiarity the skull hunter had with the "donor" when it was alive, but each will at the least be capable of speech and have a radically different personality from the skull hunter's own. The skull hunters can hold conversations with these personalities for advice or socialization, and often do, even in combat.

While skull hunters have a warrior culture outside the pantry, it is one of many roles there. In the pantry it is exclusive; the barrier for survival has all but destroyed any skull hunters who insisted on anything but hunting skulls. Skilled skull hunters seek out challenging prey constantly, hunt them mercilessly, and if they prove worthy, take their skull.

Skull hunters keep numerous skulls at their base camps - often dozens, with the most prolific gathering hundreds - but of those only their most challenging opponents are kept as the Circle of Four and given personalities; the rest are considered mere property. A worthy enough challenger's skull can actually replace one of the current Circle's skulls. When this happens, the personality of the exiting skull will be immediately forgotten and it will be relegated to the trophy pile as a regular skull. For warriors, entering the Circle necessitates such superiority over the skull it replaces that once a skull hunter has removed a skull from its Circle it will never be reinstated. In this way their Circle comprises ever more powerful opponents - and the more dangerous the Circle was, the more dangerous the hunter is to be taken, since by default all of their circle have fallen to it in battle.

All of a skull hunter's skulls are carefully bleached, polished, and decorated with various tribal symbols, runes, and patterns. While this makes them especially pretty to look at - and thus especially valuable to collectors - it goes without saying that stealing from a skull hunter's skulls is a crime often repaid with the thief's own.

It goes largely without saying, except to bear repeating, that the same profession that produces a skull hunter's vast collection also proves especially useful when trying to kill you.

Most skull hunters fashion their own weapons and armor from what's around. Thick leather from the skins of their prey are reinforced with bits and chunks of plating pulled off walls and machines. Sharpened bits of glass top smeerpbeast femurs; ceremonial skinning knives are carved from some poor beast's shoulderblades. Their fighting style is fluid and emphasizes mobility and misdirection, both assisted by their highly flexible bodies and skeletal structure. The result is a agile medium-armored combatant with piercing or slashing weapons and a track reacord of killing the sweet **** out of nasty pantry monsters that's possibly looking to scalp you alive.

Have fun with that.

The skull hunter must largely be outfought or attacked from range. Wide, sweeping weapons have greater chance of striking them as they fight, or at least can force them to dodge away from you, which will buy you time to retreat or retaliate. Piercing weapons have the best chance of finding the gaps and chinks in their homemade armor - although tougher skull hunters will as a point of fact attempt to craft stronger armor with more complete coverage, and will at least have most of their center of mass protected. Blunt weapons can bypass this armor to a degree; the armor is form-fitting, and as such while the armor will resist, any force will be transferred straight through. The creature's extremities are usually less well protected; this can be used to disable the beast for the kill.

Also, we're not kidding about that scalp thing. If the skull hunter can manage to sneak up on you or get behind you in combat, it may attempt to slit your throat with its ceremonial knife and then move right to scalping you as you bleed out. Optimally (in its mind) it will have your skull ripped from you before you run dry. It's fine if the brain's still inside; it can be removed later. It is notable that it only does this for what it considers a quick kill against an unworthy foe; its warrior's code prevents such a maneuver against worthy opponents and it will fight in ways it considers honorable, attempting to truly best its opponent before the kill to prove superiority. This can be of little comfort to you when you're locked in combat with one, since it'll still be attempting to kill you, but hey, at least it's fair about it.

The biggest upswing to combat with a skull hunter is that if you win, you'll have plenty of skulls to claim, worth a fair bit of cash, and any freshly taken skulls the creature was holding at the time may still have bits of viscera or brain matter on or in it, which could be used to unlock all sorts of genetic perks.

Most of these could do with an editor and refinement, but the attempt alone was worth it. The more ideas I generate, and the more I examine them, the better ideas I generate down the line and the faster they come.

xD Well, it was pretty good, I guess? < 3 > I'm hopeless!
Hey, I'll take the compliment.

When you realize that the only person you need to impress is yourself, screw everyone else.
Damn.

Straight.

From what my socially inept butt has been able to read into it
I know the rest of this post is serious and I agree with your statements.

But I can't unsee you reading SB with your butt and I am losing my goddamn mind.

Zero Escape refers to these three games:
9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors
Virtue's Last Reward
Zero Time Dilemma

The thing you mentioned about transferring to another universe when dying is kinda similar to something that happens in this series.

(P.S. I recommend this series to anybody who likes visual novels. It's really good.)
Second the recommendation.

Still need to pick up Zero Time Dilemma, but the other two were phenomenal.

Help... please?
I have no idea what two words I would smush together to come up with that one.

But another Pumpk-thing almost seems cliche. Maybe some kind of derivative of squash or jack-o-lanterns?

I'd say gourd, but...well.

red could be a spirit of a trickster who travels as a raven
I'm redfeatherraven and I approve this message.

Probably. I'll have open auditions in about a month or two after I get the hang of RPG Maker. I'll open a thread and you can PM me specifics of what you'd want your character/move to have.
Ooo, there's something I haven't fiddled with in a minute.

Which version?

* makes sure there are no kids around*

Ok so I caught myself watching minus 8s Rhythm Heaven remix 10 video again for the first time in years
It is years old now, isn't it?

Geez. That's awkward to think about.

Last edited:

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Whaaaaaat?

250 a day, Katt.

Ain't too much really, trust me. Basically a really long SB post.
whelp

i made a horrible goof for literal weeks

still, i can do it :V

remember kals back story i wrote for our dnd campaign?

thats nearly 1200 words and i came up with it in a little over an hour

it just turned from ridiculously easy to somewhat of a challenge now :V

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
whelp

i made a horrible goof for literal weeks

still, i can do it :V

remember kals back story i wrote for our dnd campaign?

thats nearly 1200 words and i came up with it in a little over an hour

it just turned from ridiculously easy to somewhat of a challenge now :V
That's the spirit!

Would advise actually doing a bit daily though. I used to burst through all my stuff on the last day, and the second I dropped out of the challenge I practically dropped out of writing period.

Theory goes that the shorter daily bits make it an ingrained habit, which means consistent output as well.

I'm loquacious as hell, so it'll probably be impossible to restrain myself, but for those days I don't want to do it knowing I only have a little to do should help immensely.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
That's the spirit!

Would advise actually doing a bit daily though. I used to burst through all my stuff on the last day, and the second I dropped out of the challenge I practically dropped out of writing period.

Theory goes that the shorter daily bits make it an ingrained habit, which means consistent output as well.

I'm loquacious as hell, so it'll probably be impossible to restrain myself, but for those days I don't want to do it knowing I only have a little to do should help immensely.
sadly i can't do it at all :V

i'm one of those mad people who get an idea storm every now and then and writes a ton when it comes to me, no brainstorm then i'm mainly talking out of my ass or with my brain turned off, in other words if i don't got an idea i don't got any hope :V consistency is impossible for me

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Speaking of my pumpkin pokemon I need help naming the first form.

It’s a grass type it evolves into either Pumprince(grass/fire) or pumprincess(grass/water). The final form names should be obvious.

What’s a good name for the base form?
Duchini.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

i'm one of those mad people who get an idea storm every now and then and writes a ton when it comes to me, no brainstorm then i'm mainly talking out of my *** or with my brain turned off, in other words if i don't got an idea i don't got any hope :V consistency is impossible for me
Hahahah, same here, which could bite me in the butt down the road.

Fortunately when push comes to shove I can often brainstorm all the way to right about that wordcount.

Barring that, Red seems OK with us talking out of our [DATA EXPUNGED], so there's that.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

i'm one of those mad people who get an idea storm every now and then and writes a ton when it comes to me, no brainstorm then i'm mainly talking out of my *** or with my brain turned off, in other words if i don't got an idea i don't got any hope :V consistency is impossible for me
That's where me and random generators got buddy buddy.

I mean, look above. All it gave me was "Skull Hunter" and away I went for a thousand words. That generator pops 25 names out every time I click the button.

Sure some of em are terrible, but there's always bound to be a couple gems. Have a look:

Armor Caster
Basher-beast
Combatgas Jelly
Cursed Slice Demon
Devil Siren
Devourer-shrieker
Ensorceled Cobra
Forbidden Whale
Goblin Plant
Grasper Hag
Horror Charmer
Hound Seducer
Illusionary Celestial-lord
Insectsteel Cloaker
Kitten Witch
Master Cube-dweller
Metal Catfish
Prismatic Man-fiend
Songquake Golem
Stenchrainbow Cube
Stinkscare Basher
Thinker Consumer
Treemaw Brain
Warptree
Wonder Bane-guardian

Barring that, Red seems OK with us talking out of our [DATA EXPUNGED], so there's that.
I mean.

I'll be doing it.

Seems unfair to bar anyone else.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I believe that him being with Valkyrie would make sense. We don't see what happened, so maybe they escaped somehow or for some reason. Possibly so they would live as Thor seemed to know what was coming.

Plus Corg is apparently in the talks to maybe get a solo film, so maybe that could show what happened here if he did live and escape, possibly with Valkyrie in it and maybe more characters who could show up in IW part 2.

After all the entire universe has now been thrown into peril, so they have some great options to bring Cosmic heroes into the plot as they were affected by Thanos and would probably want in.

Ant and Wasp apparently leads directly into IW. So I think they are definitely playing a big role for the sequel and should be fun to have.
we will also know why Hawkeye is MIA besides of just retiring.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I cant remeber when it was made but it is pretty old. When I found it the first time, I was laughing so hard, its amazing
Never had Rhythm Heaven, so I saw it multiple times before I saw the regular remix 10.

Guess which one my brain pulls up when I hear the music.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Speaking of my pumpkin pokemon I need help naming the first form.

It’s a grass type it evolves into either Pumprince(grass/fire) or pumprincess(grass/water). The final form names should be obvious.

What’s a good name for the base form?
Squashobo

Also, I honestly can't guess what the final form's name is. Specifically, I mean.
I have an idea of what it might be.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Hahahah, same here, which could bite me in the butt down the road.

Fortunately when push comes to shove I can often brainstorm all the way to right about that wordcount.

eh ya haven't really shown if it makes ya feel better

and hurray we all will~ :D

That's where me and random generators got buddy buddy.

I mean, look above. All it gave me was "Skull Hunter" and away I went for a thousand words. That generator pops 25 names out every time I click the button.

Sure some of em are terrible, but there's always bound to be a couple gems. Have a look:

Armor Caster
Basher-beast
Combatgas Jelly
Cursed Slice Demon
Devil Siren
Devourer-shrieker
Ensorceled Cobra
Forbidden Whale
Goblin Plant
Grasper Hag
Horror Charmer
Hound Seducer
Illusionary Celestial-lord
Insectsteel Cloaker
Kitten Witch
Master Cube-dweller
Metal Catfish
Prismatic Man-fiend
Songquake Golem
Stenchrainbow Cube
Stinkscare Basher
Thinker Consumer
Treemaw Brain
Warptree
Wonder Bane-guardian

I mean.

I'll be doing it.

Seems unfair to bar anyone else.
i wanna hear the story of the thinker consumer lol

but ya don't worry i do have an idea and got it planned, not sure how long it last as like i said i had a 8 chapter story planned out capping around 4000 words, but we'll see what i can add more to :V

i got an idea so that'll last me a least a few weeks, could eventually crap out though but lets see how well katts brain train lasts

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
i wanna hear the story of the thinker consumer lol
First instinct is a brain-consuming creature that, for reasons only it knows, prefers the brains of people predisposed to those who deal in theoretical situations and spend a higher than average time pondering the same.

Theoretical scientists, Philosophers. Particularly prolific crack shippers. All would be delectable in their own way to such a thing.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
First instinct is a brain-consuming creature that, for reasons only it knows, prefers the brains of people predisposed to those who deal in theoretical situations and spend a higher than average time pondering the same.

Theoretical scientists, Philosophers. Particularly prolific crack shippers. All would be delectable in their own way to such a thing.
Zocrates.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
*goes into TF2 server*
Do you know da wae?
*leaves TF2 server*

Why are you running?
WHY DOES THAT MEME STILL EXIST?!

It feels like probably over a month now since I last heard about it, and I thought it was probably dead. NOPE. I was horribly wrong. It got to a point of being extremely annoying and unfunny, and I'm completely sick of it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
WHY DOES THAT MEME STILL EXIST?!

It feels like probably over a month now since I last heard about it, and I thought it was probably dead. NOPE. I was horribly wrong. It got to a point of being extremely annoying and unfunny, and I'm completely sick of it.
You shouldn't let a dumb meme upset you this much, bro.

I mean yeah I was a little annoyed I ran into in on my rare visits to TF2 but... This is a little too much.

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
You shouldn't let a dumb meme upset you this much, bro.

I mean yeah I was a little annoyed I ran into in on my rare visits to TF2 but... This is a little too much.
I just kept on encountering it repeatedly way too much and it got to the point where I'm just completely sick of it now. I'd rather not talk about it, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The (Next 2 waves of) DLC for Kirby Star Allies has been revealed!

Spoiler: Didn't get all the characters I wanted/

BUT I did get one of the characters I did want the most

Last edited:

Chrono.

I started with KR Drive, but I got too lazy to continue.

I wanna pick it up again at some point because I was really enjoying it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've seen everything from Kuuga to Gaim, except Hibiki because I just could not find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom