• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Pretty sure most RE and SH fans know their franchise hasn't been scary since like their third* entries.

*Until RE7 anyway.

Waits for NitroRad to cover Fatal Frame at some point
Huge chunks of RE4, RE5 and RE6 take place in broad daylight. They weren't supposed to be horror games, they were supposed to be action games with cool mutant bad guys.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anyways, I got to go. This will be a fun birthday date and calories will be gained. Already have a good idea of what plates I want to set up when I get to the Hibachi Grill. Not to mention all the driving I will do.

By the way, this will be the last call for those who would want to check out my server. Coricus already joined and Z25 is considering it. There is no theme to it, well it's a space theme with many unique space puns for the titles. It's got something for everyone. Gaming talk, matchmaking, memes, the Hunger Games (which will probably never happen on Smashboards again sadly), fanart sharing, cute stuff, even the +18 that Mythra Mythra would crave. lol

https://discord.gg/RrNp3

Feel free to check it out. The other mods like @Champ Gold and @Silvera should help out for those who have questions.

See you all later.
That's right. This link is set to never expire and anyone can join if they want.

But enough PR talk. I will head towards Nirvana where I can eat all the food in the world.

Smell you all later. If that's how the phrase goes.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
Blargg888 Blargg888 @redfeatherraven
whelp we somehow survived the spiders and didn't get anything bad like rabies from them
honestly it was after that and things started to look bleak red pretty much stepped up to take the party lead, him and his stress heals and critting like crazy pretty much kept the party as well off as they could,

honestly then **** hit the fan kinda badly, blargg and kyler took lots of hits and lots of stress and were complaining quite badly about how they were stacking up that red tried his best to remedy, though probs surprise the first one to hit death door wasn't the unamed vestal or blargg

it was kyler pretty much nearly dropped the bucket thanks to a crit, thanks to some quick heals from the vestal he still lived and breath but with a morality debuff that really sucks, it was after that point though we were kinda running out of torches and was literally relying on gods powers to get light

then blargg was on his way to the grave after accumulating so many wounds, despite getting pretty stressed on out from it all red still kept the party off death door and from breaking using his rally to stress heal and normal heal, we finally completed the quest despite all this horror....and then katt did a dum dum

i got greedy and wanted the rest of the valuables despite seeing all the ones i have in my inventory there and accidentally walked into this fight instead of getting the hell out, and had to fight a god damn mad man whos pretty much going to make the party break themselves and die off eachother, i did my best i could to insta kill the mad man and we were successful there, though the rest of the mobs got their hits on

things looked really really horrible for blargg and kyler, red did his best to keep them alive and the vestal was god damn useless, a lotta close calls there while we fought

oh hey the vestal finally broke, she became hopeless literally right at the end
however that doesn't matter as the party finally ended the freaks and got out alive

all that nice early game loot and crests, super useful, a good first start off of wiping the undead and with way to many close calls to count for a god damn third week mission, if red did not have his stress heal on this misson we would of easily been obliberated, red carried the team cool and calm hardy in this whole mess, deserves a nice reward

......well....honestly with all the death and hopelessness going around hiim can't blame him for getting a weak grip on life...he still kept the damn team alive and well

we go back to the hamelt and to see konnie drunk off his ass and getting double vision in the tavern but ready to fight in the next mission, a roaring success despite the horrors, rest up for now and we head somewhere else for week three

thats probs it for now, exciting and interesting start, if anyone wanna join the nintenzone darkest estate journey just let me know, we need many more heros and victims to join the cuase~

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty sure most RE and SH fans know their franchise hasn't been scary since like their third* entries.

*Until RE7 anyway.

Waits for NitroRad to cover Fatal Frame at some point
Resident Evil Revelations would like a word with you.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I had a power outage this morning, so I decided to undust Ultra Moon to kill some time.

>I left the RR Episode unfinished
Here we go:
-Poor Guzma has been pushing those grunts for months

-Dennis' Cofagrigus is still a ****
-His Hydreigon was scarier than Reshiram
-Colress: *TELEPORTS BEHIND YOU*

-Giovanni never losing his cool is what makes him memorable
-My Steelix and his Rypherior murdering each other with style.
-I OHKOed Mega Mewtwo Y with a Mega Mawile Sucker Punch lmao

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
What kind of phone you got?
iPhone SE

Would pick Android, but I'm not sure if transferring data from my old phone (iPhone 5c) to an Android would've worked...

I'm stuck with the apple forever whether I like it or not. Fortunately, I don't mind it.

Congratulations man. :)
Hopefully your new phone is cool.
It works.

That's all I need.

I think app-data is evolving to be kept in your data.
Not really.

I just put all of my phone's old data into a backup using my laptop, then transferred said backup into the new phone.

Way easier than it sounds.

Ay yo, add me fam 38324644912
Didn't even start playing yet lmao

I have a question for you all. Any more information on the FEH news?
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/A_New_Event_Calendar_is_Here!_(News)

thats probs it for now, exciting and interesting start, if anyone wanna join the nintenzone darkest estate journey just let me know, we need many more heros and victims to join the cuase~
How did you not put me in?

Unless I magically skipped every mention og my name lol :lol:

Chrono.

Hey I don't follow the franchise /that/ closely.

I just know that as far as the main games go, RE7 is considered the first actually scary one in a long ass time (as well as the best one in general since 4.)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Alright.

Now, I'm trying Pocket Camp.

That kind of game is always one I've eventually dropped out of every time I tried it, but from what I remember, this one has enough stuff from the AC games to keep me entertained for a bit longer... hopefully.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~

i'm letting people ask if they wanna be put iin :V

ya didn't ask, ya didn't get put in

ya asking now, so your now in :p

so far all we got is blargg red and now you, along with my brothers konnie and kyler

anyone else is still good for takers :p need plenty of souls~

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bro, let's enlighten your day with some Shiny Legendary Pokemon?

How about Shiny Legendary Deoxys?
Sir...
No thank you.

are you sure? Have you watched or heard enough on vr chat to know what big breasted anime like girls and vr chat leads to?
I have played VRChat for some time ( I do not play it anymore ), and there are a million anime girls, quite a lot having big breasts.
I did hear enough. There are a lot more provocative VRChat avatars in there than Mythra, so why is Mythra a harm?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Huge chunks of RE4, RE5 and RE6 take place in broad daylight. They weren't supposed to be horror games, they were supposed to be action games with cool mutant bad guys.
You mean an hour into the game and probably 20-30 minutes at the end of the game? I could consider the beginning section a "chunk", but not a "huge chunk". Otherwise, the rest of the game is either night time or indoors. The time day starts to come back is at the end of the game when you are about to fight the final boss. Regardless, I'd still argue that RE4 is more horror than 5 and 6, even in the daylight parts of the game.

Also, Silent Hill 4 was only really bad in the technical department, due to it being very very clunky and whatnot. In terms of horror, Silent Hill 4 was still genuinely creepy as frick and would've been a very good game had it not been for it being very very clunky.

Last edited:

Chrono.

>Watches new DB Heroes promo

Human Android 21 looks weird animated.

I guess Cooler is a good guy now.

V0yOof5.png

And this thing.

What even. Who even.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Blargg888 Blargg888 @redfeatherraven
whelp we somehow survived the spiders and didn't get anything bad like rabies from them
honestly it was after that and things started to look bleak red pretty much stepped up to take the party lead, him and his stress heals and critting like crazy pretty much kept the party as well off as they could,

honestly then **** hit the fan kinda badly, blargg and kyler took lots of hits and lots of stress and were complaining quite badly about how they were stacking up that red tried his best to remedy, though probs surprise the first one to hit death door wasn't the unamed vestal or blargg

it was kyler pretty much nearly dropped the bucket thanks to a crit, thanks to some quick heals from the vestal he still lived and breath but with a morality debuff that really sucks, it was after that point though we were kinda running out of torches and was literally relying on gods powers to get light

then blargg was on his way to the grave after accumulating so many wounds, despite getting pretty stressed on out from it all red still kept the party off death door and from breaking using his rally to stress heal and normal heal, we finally completed the quest despite all this horror....and then katt did a dum dum

i got greedy and wanted the rest of the valuables despite seeing all the ones i have in my inventory there and accidentally walked into this fight instead of getting the hell out, and had to fight a god damn mad man whos pretty much going to make the party break themselves and die off eachother, i did my best i could to insta kill the mad man and we were successful there, though the rest of the mobs got their hits on

things looked really really horrible for blargg and kyler, red did his best to keep them alive and the vestal was god damn useless, a lotta close calls there while we fought

oh hey the vestal finally broke, she became hopeless literally right at the end
however that doesn't matter as the party finally ended the freaks and got out alive

all that nice early game loot and crests, super useful, a good first start off of wiping the undead and with way to many close calls to count for a god damn third week mission, if red did not have his stress heal on this misson we would of easily been obliberated, red carried the team cool and calm hardy in this whole mess, deserves a nice reward

......well....honestly with all the death and hopelessness going around hiim can't blame him for getting a weak grip on life...he still kept the damn team alive and well

we go back to the hamelt and to see konnie drunk off his *** and getting double vision in the tavern but ready to fight in the next mission, a roaring success despite the horrors, rest up for now and we head somewhere else for week three

upload_2018-4-22_18-50-19.png

Uh-oh.

*Reads post*

So I'm on the brink eh? Honestly, I expected to be dead at this point. Still, I guess we made it through.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sir...
No thank you.

I have played VRChat for some time ( I do not play it anymore ), and there are a million anime girls, quite a lot having big breasts.
I did hear enough. There are a lot more provocative VRChat avatars in there than Mythra, so why is Mythra a harm?
This is true, but Myhra will definitely escalate those conversations.

And if they put in the other model of Mythra, then whoo boy.

She will probably break VR chat then

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
you did literallly thanks to red, he took hits and healed you and kyler

all you did....was basically complain and throw stink bombs more or less
Ah.

Thanks red. Don't worry, we'll make it through this!

*Death flag pops up above head*

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
You mean an hour into the game and probably 20-30 minutes at the end of the game? I could consider the beginning section a "chunk", but not a "huge chunk". Otherwise, the rest of the game is either night time or indoors. The time day starts to come back is at the end of the game when you are about to fight the final boss. Regardless, I'd still argue that RE4 is more horror than 5 and 6, even in the daylight parts of the game.

Also, Silent Hill 4 was only really bad in the technical department, due to it being very very clunky and whatnot. In terms of horror, Silent Hill 4 was still genuinely creepy as frick and would've been a very good game had it not been for it being very very clunky.
The thing about RE4 is, the game is never dark. When your outside in the middle of the night, when you're running through an old castle with no electricity or making your way through an underground cave, everything is clear and visible. Black levels are intentionally raised so nothing gets hidden in shadow and everything remains clear to the player at all times.

This significantly eases the tension, ensures all enemies are clearly visible and is a big factor in why people say the game isn't scary. Compare this to REmake or RE0, where everything is caked in dark gloomy atmosphere and enemies are designed to blend into the backgrounds.

D

Deleted member

Should I shred my orbs or Ayra or wait for the new heroes?
Please help me...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
How can I be scared when I get to oggle Jill Valentine for 90% of the game?

Honestly I found the enemies designs just weren't scary and most of them walk towards you way too slowly for them to be a threat. I think the only part that made me feel a sense of horror was the fight with Rachel, since you're zig zagging down a narrow pathway and she can just jump right out from the corner.

Revelations 2 was a scarier experience, especially when you have enemies charging at you and bursting through windows and ****. Even then, half the game you can detect them through walls so you know what's coming.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The thing about RE4 is, the game is never dark. When your outside in the middle of the night, when you're running through an old castle with no electricity or making your way through an underground cave, everything is clear and visible. Black levels are intentionally raised so nothing gets hidden in shadow and everything remains clear to the player at all times.

This significantly eases the tension, ensures all enemies are clearly visible and is a big factor in why people say the game isn't scary. Compare this to REmake or RE0, where everything is caked in dark gloomy atmosphere and enemies are designed to blend into the backgrounds.

It does ease tension when you have an easy time seeing things, but it doesn't mean that enemies can't blend in. I mean, in that 2nd image of RE4, you can easily see 3 bugs, but what about the 4th bug left to the door? I would hardly call that "clearly" visible.
And it's not to say that something can't be scary when it's easy to see or when it's brighter than normal. We do have the trope "Daylight horror" after all. That aside, Silent Hill 2 was also rather bright, had alot of parts in the day and the enemies were easy to see as well. Didn't stop it from being scary when it needed to be or making good use of lighting when it needed to.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
iPhone SE

Would pick Android, but I'm not sure if transferring data from my old phone (iPhone 5c) to an Android would've worked...

I'm stuck with the apple forever whether I like it or not. Fortunately, I don't mind it.

It works.

That's all I need.

Not really.

I just put all of my phone's old data into a backup using my laptop, then transferred said backup into the new phone.

Way easier than it sounds.

Didn't even start playing yet lmao

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/A_New_Event_Calendar_is_Here!_(News)

I have a iPhone 5C right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom