• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ok but can we all talk about how, in the trailer, when Samus realizes Mario and Mega Man are missing she just lets out a deep sigh and turns around fully expecting the BIG guy to be there

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've been extracting high quality renders from the website and my wife looks beautiful.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So, all I have to say is:

HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHA TAKE THAT DAISY HATERS!!

She's not as controversial as you lot actually think.

Anyway more serious, female Pikachu! And Pokemon Trainer is back, and he brought Leaf with him, yes on screen content that is straight up from Gen 3!

Plus Pichu is back baby.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I need to say this: this game looks AMAZING. Like, just from watching the character trailers everything is looking great. Time to save up money for that Switch!

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

RIP Wobbling too hahahaha. And it seems that when Popo gets grabbed Nana will stay idle, guess that's to balance them.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
That Direct was really hype. The main highlights for me were the new Mario Party, Fire Emblem 16, and Smash Bros Ultimate
  • I don't know if I'll pick up Super Mario Party, but I really like what I've seen of it so far. They brought the traditional game-board format without all four players riding a cart through the board at once. Looks like Nintendo finally realized how unpopular it was. Some of those mini games look pretty fun too, especially how you can play them by combining Switch consoles together. Surprising to see Goomba is playable too.
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses looks really good! I see that it's using the Tellius style with the maps, and I love how you have little armies following you whenever you have a unit attack! The new art style will take some getting used to (didn't expect to see that Persona artist being featured as the game's main artist), but it does look pretty good! Kinda sad to see that it got delayed until Spring 2019, but hey, that gives me hope IS will be going out all for an even more polish game!
  • We finally know the name of the new Smash Bros: Super Smash Bros Ultimate! It comes out December 7, 2018? That's pretty hype too!
  • EVERY character that appeared in past Smash Bros rosters will show up for this game's roster! Now THAT's awesome. Admittedly, the child part of me that mained Pichu in Melee in the past (and still does whenever I play the game again) was really happy to see Pichu come back. Unfortunately, it looks like Pichu will be low tier since it still damages itself, but at least Sakurai is staying true to its Melee self.
  • Also really hyped with the stage selection. THEY BROUGHT BACK SPEAR PILLAR! That was my favorite stage in Brawl. The fact they brought back most stages from past Smash installments is cool too, especially Lumiose Tower, N's Castle, Fourside, that 3DS Earthbound stage I'm forgetting its name, Frigate Orpheon, Great Bay, and so many others! The new BotW stage looks nice too, though I have a feeling it will be a Counterpick or even a banned stage because of how the upper part creates a cave effect unless you break it. Moray Towers looks cool too! Also, every stage has a a Battlefield form too? That was something I really wanted too! Thank you Sakurai!
  • Daisy actually showed? Well, that was surprising to me (I didn't care that much to have her come back), but hey, at least we have all three Mario princesses playable now! I wonder what Daisy will use in place of Toad for her moveset.
  • Those new mechanics look nice too. Nice to see how the game punishes you for rolling too much. That'll teach those For Glory players to play better!
  • Bomberman is an Assist Trophy? Ouch. I was indifferent to whether or not Bomberman would be added, but I really felt bad for the Bomberman fans seeing how many wanted him to playable for a while. Bomberman's Assist Trophy status is also concerning to me since this means other third party newcomers could face the same treatment (I'm hoping this isn't Professor Layton's fate).
  • I can't believe it, Sakurai finally did it. He added Ridley as a playable fighter! Admittedly, I was among the people that didn't want him because I was one of those "he's too big" criticizers, having a hard time imagining how Ridley would be added as a playable fighter seeing how large he is in his series. Well, Sakurai finally figured a way, and Ridley turned out to be better implemented than I expected. He looks quite strong too, but so far, it doesn't seem like he'll be Brawl Metaknight levels of broken. Sakurai, you blew my expectations, well done! Also, congrats to all the Ridley fans! All those years of requesting for your character and maintaining your strong support for him finally payed off!
  • The other concerning thing about the new Smash was what Sakurai said before he revealed Ridley: "Seeing how we're bringing back every fighter, we hope you won't be that demanding for more newcomers" (paraphrased). I understand the tradeoff behind this: you either have all the veterans back but don't make the roster too big by cutting back on newcomers, or you don't bring back all the veterans to invite more newcomers.
    • It also makes me wonder how else could Sakura's quote about that be interpreted. Maybe there won't be as many newcomers in the base roster compared to Smash 4's initial newcomer count? That's what I'm currently thinking. I'm hopeful there will be more DLC character additions in this game then so that we can have even more newcomers.
In all, this was a very solid Direct! I'm really looking forward to buying Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Super Smash Bros Ultimate!

D

Deleted member

I'll do Smash thoughts I guess
  • Visuals are stunning
  • Holy **** they brought back every character ever. Talk about a curveball.
  • I know I shouldn't be complaining, but I don't see the point of bringing back Young Link, especially since Lucina and Dark Pit are relegated to Echo fighters.
  • Ugh, Daisy is playable. I know she's an echo fighter and took little to no development time, but the fact you can play as her while Waluigi is still an Assist, on top of her presence on the poster makes me slightly bitter about it.
  • Wolf's design looks great.
  • Snake is back! Hopefully we have some new codecs as well.
  • I'm puzzled by the fact Alph isn't an echo fighter as well.
  • RIP Takamaru and Waluigi... and also Bomberman I guess.
  • R I D L E Y B O I S
  • Inklings look fun
  • Hopefully there's still room for Decidueye in this game.
  • December release date, called it so hard.
  • Also I'm probably not gonna do live reactions again, it results in me being angry afterwards.
Overall... Well it's Smash alright, so naturally it looks good. So far there's no sign of Mimikyu as a playable character, so no real issues.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Holy, it's still hard to believe this game exists in the way it does.

All returning characters
Every stage returning (I think so anyway)
Third Party Assist Trophies from franchises that don't have playable characters (c'mon Rayman don't get that fate).
More alternate costumes
Reworked mechanics
SNAKE!
DAISY!
RIDLEY!
RIDLEY!

The overall Direct itself was very meh, aside from that first robot game nothing really peaked my interest. Overall I would say Microsoft had the best full conference.

But Smash Bros, man. It gets people pumped for a reason.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I'm in love with the box art for this game, too.

Makes all the past box arts look trashy by comparison~

My girl so cocky, my boy so majestic.

All is right with the world~

D

Deleted member

Zelda still has her Phantom in her video so, Sheik and her are still separate? Why is Charizard back to being part of PKMN Trainer then? RIP Rock Smash I guess

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The Smash website says 66 characters but there’s only 65.

Simon Belmont is happening during the invitational! Calling it now!

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Okay.

Now that I've had time to process everything, here's my take on the game.

1. Every character coming back is god damn insane. I mean what.
2. The visual flourishes in characters and animations are fantastic. The game in general looks great.
3. Bomberman being an AT is downright heartbreaking, even with Snake coning back.
4. Nice to have Battlefield variants of every stage.
5. MOTHER ****ING RIDLEY.
6. And the infamous Daisy fan ends up winning...

Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised, though I am a bit worried about a potentially really small newcomer selection.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
MAC CAN TURN AROUND IN HIS NEUTRAL SPECIAL NOW.

AND THE KO PUNCH DOES THE STAR PUNCH ANIMATION. THANK YOU SAKURAI.

D

Deleted member

So.. was the whole roster confirmed?
I am sure Ridley, Daisy and the Inklings are not the only newcomers.
I am sure we will get newcomers between December 7th and now.

Also this game looks a lot better and fast paced than Smash 4.... I like that.
Also rip Bomberman, Bewear, Waluigi and Pro Controller fans.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I've been calling for Bomberman since Brawl, but I like that he's here as an assist. It's better than nothing. He could've just been completely absent entirely.

Starlight_Lily

- This was the confirmation this is Sakurai's last Smash game.
- Pretty cool everyone is back and happy to see most, if not all, old stages return too.
- Battlefield Mode is great. Wish it wasn't the same platforms every time, but I'll take what I get.
- Lol at Daisy. Didn't see that coming at all.
- Of course Nintendo used a 'too big' joke to announce Ridley. Congratulations to all his fans.
- Bomberman is an AT. :(
Where was confirmed this was Sakurai's last Smash game?

>Knuckles is an AT
>Shadow is still an AT

So... You're saying there's still a chance.

Knuckles AT? Cool. Now cut Shadow and put Eggman in his place.

Yes I'm still bitter that Shadow was chosen as the AT for Sonic instead of Eggman.

Zelda still has her Phantom in her video so, Sheik and her are still separate? Why is Charizard back to being part of PKMN Trainer then? RIP Rock Smash I guess
Cause Charizard was always supposed to be a part of Pokemon Trainer. That's why.

Chrono.

60fps across the board for Ultimate.

It was expected but still.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
>sees the Daisy groans

...well I, for one am pretty pumped about Daisy being playable. :rolleyes:
tbh i don't really get the groaning

shes pretty much run of the mill quick time added custom edition for peach :V really nothing to groan for

now waluigi still being a AT with her getting in is kinda groan worthy, not at her fault but just for waluigi

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
So... about K.Rool: I'm honestly questioning on when we'll see him if at all. All I really need is him and then the roster of Smash Switch is perfect in my opinion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nintendo gets an 8 for me. Obviously a lot of cool Smash stuff, a Mario Party that doesn't look terrible(you can even play as Bowser!) and a new Fire Emblem. Plus DBFZ and that one Robot game, we already knew about Mega Man 11, but it was shown off briefly.

It'd be perfect had any Prime 4 stuff been shown, but it is what it is.

Overall, I think my favorite part of E3 this year is STILL Devil May Cry 5. I'm sorry, but that was a long time coming. But the new Smash and Spider-Man are close seconds to it.

This was a pretty strong E3 if you ask me though.

Starlight_Lily

tbh i don't really get the groaning

shes pretty much run of the mill quick time added custom edition for peach :V really nothing to groan for

now waluigi still being a AT with her getting in is kinda groan worthy, not at her fault but just for waluigi
See, some people think there is this crazy cult of Daisy fans out to ruin Smash, even though Daisy fans never got as rowdy as Ridley fans during Smash 4 speculation.

So there is no crazy Daisy cult.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Where was confirmed this was Sakurai's last Smash game?
It looks like Sakurai wants to go out with a bang by bringing every character back, adding Ridley in, potentially bringing every stage back too and as it appears adding some competitive mechanics too. I don't think he'll be able to top this and a new director could 'start over', so Sakurai doesn't take the blame.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>Knuckles is an AT
>Shadow is still an AT

So... You're saying there's still a chance.

Hahahah I love you man.

If that happened, I'm pretty sure no game in the universe could top this for me.

It's already gonna be a struggle for most games to even come close as it is.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
See, some people think there is this crazy cult of Daisy fans out to ruin Smash, even though Daisy fans never got as rowdy as Ridley fans during Smash 4 speculation.

So there is no crazy Daisy cult.
never even heard there was :V

only thing i eve heard was about that daisy mad man who gets the same treatment as voldemort who caused a lotta pain for peeps

wonder how hes feeling about now

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Smash Presentation blew my mind. Everyone is back, even the ones we counted out. A shame to see some characters deconfirmed as Assist Trophies, like Waluigi, Midna, and Krystal, but it's better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom