• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
That's a yikes from me
It makes some sense though. With the GO catch mechanics, you don't have anyone fighting per se, so you don't have any easy way to determine who'd get the experience without just giving it to everyone.

Given that, having Exp Share be on sometimes and off sometimes would just add unnecessary complexity. If I was on the Let's Go design team I would've yanked it too.

I'm kind of curious how that ties in to EVs. Would be surprised if those were out, but don't know how training them works yet. That the point of the candy, perhaps?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, Junichi Masuda said he'd likely be stepping down as director after Let's Go. Maybe this will mean change in gen 8's games?
Not that he was a bad director, I'm just curious if we'll see anything different out of it.
I hope he does. He makes good music but he’s shown time and time again he has not listened to fans and I think that’s taking a toll on game freak. I could see them look at breath of the wild and odyssey and push their limits and try new things based on fan inputs.

Gen 8 can be very promising if done right

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Masuda leaving direction is an risky but needed step; he became increasingly out of touch after Gen 5, we cannot deny he was a great director, as he made BW, but the initial backlash those games received probably affected his point of view and started the so called "Kanto pandering", On the other hand he probably was the one who revived Green so at least he walks away with a W.

However now Ohmori would take over and could follow Masuda's steps... or do the opposite (feeding the rumor Ohmori dislikes Masuda) pretty much putting Gen 8 in an uncertain territory despite the long planning it has.

The best outcome would be the veteran Morimoto (Emerald, HGSS) or Unno (B2W2) as I doubt Tajiri is interested on taking the big seat again.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have bought the year long premium under a few reasons. Monthly name changes (memes), no ads (not using adblocker so get off my ****), and superiority. Because blue is superior to yellow. :p

I also have faith that premium will get its value back one day. Right Warchamp7 Warchamp7 ?

Last edited:

Chrono.

This week in wrestling:
- Ronda Rousey apparently hates millennials, is a millennial herself
- Nia Jax ****s Becky up, sending the most hyped and built up match on Sunday's PPV card completely off the rails
- Daniel Bryan turns heel and wins the top title from literally out of nowhere
- Enzo kicked off a plane for vaping
- James Ellsworth outed as a pedophile
- David Arquette (yes, that one) wrestles a death match, comes out of it legitimately almost dead with a sliced artery in his neck

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Oh no

This week in wrestling:
- Ronda Rousey apparently hates millennials, is a millennial herself
- Nia Jax ****s Becky up, sending the most hyped and built up match on Sunday's PPV card completely off the rails
- Daniel Bryan turns heel and wins the top title from literally out of nowhere
- Enzo kicked off a plane for vaping
- James Ellsworth outed as a pedophile
- David Arquette (yes, that one) wrestles a death match, comes out of it legitimately almost dead with a sliced artery in his neck

I can't believe WCW is back.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Man, all this talk about snow and cold and here in Spain I'm still wearing a t-shirt, and it's still too hot lol. Crazy to think we're in the middle of November with this temperatures... It might also be the place tbh, in 20 years I think I remember two times it snowed, and that's pretty much it.

Don't know if I should envy those that has cold temperatures where they live or be thankful about the temperatures I have hahaha.
I live in Jersey (in the English Channel), it's gradually getting colder but still not as cold as it has been, I can sit inside in a T-shirt somewhat comfortably (my house is old and doesn't have Central Heating).
I'm scared of what other picks they'll make for Naruto because it sure as hell isn't staying with 2.
How many did the previous Jump crossovers have?
Jump Super Stars and Jump Ultimate Stars had Naruto, Sasuke, Kakashi and Sakura as Fighters.

Though it also had Support and Help characters. Jump Super Stars had Shikamaru, Rock Lee, Neji and Hinata as Support and Tsunade and Jiraiya as Help; Jump Ultimate Stars replaced the characters with their Shippuden counterparts, unfortunately this meant almost all of the Naruto Support characters were lost in the shuffle, Gaara was the sole Support character, Orochimaru and Sai were gained as Help, and Tsunade and Jiraiya remained as Help. This was because Naruto was very early in Part 2, so they didn't have much to work with.

Support Characters appeared on the field, sort of like Assist Trophies, while Help Characters were more like Stickers.

Players used Characters in a sort of deck, which took the form of a Manga Page using different sized Manga panels; characters went in a ranked system - Fighter > Support > Help, based on the maximum size of their "panel" in your deck, Fighter Characters could be used in Support and Help roles, and Support characters could also be used in the Help role. Bigger fighter panels meant the character was later in their story and was therefore stronger.

Here's the Naruto panels Jump Super Stars used (I can't find the JUS panels). Iruka also appeared in Jump Super Stars, though only on the menu (here), he got replaced with Tsunade in Jump Ultimate Stars (here).

Jump Super Stars also had Jotaro and Dio as Playable characters, though they didn't come back for Ultimate Stars, Gyro was the only JJBA Support Character and Johnny Joestar was the Help character, they were kept separate (here).
EDIT: Made a mistake, Jotaro and Dio did come back, it was Gyro and Johnny who didn't, because between JSS and JUS Steel Ball Run transferred to a different magazine.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just went ahead and read everything about the upcoming Dragon Ball movie.

Turns out Broly is a big buff cinnamon roll lol

It's more like ECWCW.

https://twitter.com/Stauffy/status/1063689361928028160

There's a lot of blood in the link so anyone uncomfortable with that stuff should steer clear.
At least he's okay
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Funnily enough this could boost his already memetic wrestling career more than winning the Big Gold Belt back in the day.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I should have posted the follow up tweet
We could say Bill saw a scrapped feature indeed

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Considering the thing is fully translated, pretty sure Treehouse did that before realizing there was no actual way to obtain the item.
It's still bad game design from GF's part though, not like removing wild battles wasn't enough to turn me off from the game immediatelly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
good taste UK

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It's still bad game design from GF's part though, not like removing wild battles wasn't enough to turn me off from the game immediatelly.
I had so much sass typed up for this.

But I'd like to hear your honest, untainted opinion first on why that's such a big deal to you.

I do not understand it. I would like to.

KMDP

Smash Legend

But I'd like to hear your honest, untainted opinion first on why that's such a big deal to you.

Some people like random battles (heck, some people like Grinding).

It's not like the Wild Encounters were hurting Pokémon, because after a certain point they're 100% avoidable.
I just went ahead and read everything about the upcoming Dragon Ball movie.

Turns out Broly is a big buff cinnamon roll lol
The new Broly is a lot better than the old one.
Toriyama was right to get rid of his hatred of Kakarot, because that part of Broly never made sense.

D

Deleted member

good taste UK
Hey Sqaure, how about you make more games like this one?

It's a simple part of gameplay that has always been there and makes so much sense. Pokemon GO's mechanics work for a mobile game but don't really translate well into something that's supposed to be a full game otherwise. Weakening Pokemon just well enough without actually killing them has always been the main concept around captures, it rewards a lot of things that we normally take for granted now such as not completely overpowering your opponent, knowing what moves you can throw out, management of status ailments, etc.
It's a chance vs. chance system most of the time: do I weaken this Pokemon more and run the risk of killing it(or in certaim scenarios, risk it killing itself or running away), or do I throw a Pokeball and risk losing a turn and an item? And as someone who likes to do Nuzlockes, all of that is amplified as not only do I only get one chance per area, but I also have to consider my own Pokemon's ability to survive.
Let's Go throws all of that out of the window and it becomes a simple "make a movement at the right moment" which... isn't a mechanic any RPG that treats itself seriously should have. It's trivializing an entire part of a game's core gameplay to a repetitive, boring, uninvolved and stupidly easy chore.

KMDP

Smash Legend
It's a simple part of gameplay that has always been there and makes so much sense. Pokemon GO's mechanics work for a mobile game but don't really translate well into something that's supposed to be a full game otherwise. Weakening Pokemon just well enough without actually killing them has always been the main concept around captures, it rewards a lot of things that we normally take for granted now such as not completely overpowering your opponent, knowing what moves you can throw out, management of status ailments, etc.
It's a chance vs. chance system most of the time: do I weaken this Pokemon more and run the risk of killing it(or in certaim scenarios, risk it killing itself or running away), or do I throw a Pokeball and risk losing a turn and an item? And as someone who likes to do Nuzlockes, all of that is amplified as not only do I only get one chance per area, but I also have to consider my own Pokemon's ability to survive.
Let's Go throws all of that out of the window and it becomes a simple "make a movement at the right moment" which... isn't a mechanic any RPG that treats itself seriously should have. It's trivializing an entire part of a game's core gameplay to a repetitive, boring, uninvolved and stupidly easy chore.
Don't forget that, along with the "Weaken opponent's just enough" thing, the removal of Wild Battles makes False Swipe a completely useless move.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
idk, for some reason it just feel like it’s lacking something (and Fortnite is there...which I expected...but I still don’t have to accept the game ever...Splatoon is a real man’s shooter anyways)
It lacks XC2, plain and simple (Half JK).
Speaking of Fortnite, I remember I saw Fortnite Battle Royal's commercial back in 2017 Game Awards, and I used to though that "Man, this game should come to Switch even though not likely" but oh boy how both wrong and right I was and yes I already aware of Fortnite before it was cool lol.

My personal opinion and expectations is that since PUBG was nominated GOTY last year... it sucks how it's mobile port is still in the running and Fortnite should be nominated for GOTY too (But don't win of course lol).

Also correct me if I am wrong but... PUBG won the best multiplayer right?I don't remember they present it during the live ceremony but rather "sneak" it to PUBG.

Also how funny Fortnite was nominated this year and none last year, yet it is still nominated in the "Best On Going Game". I personally think Fortnite is gonna win best multiplayer and best ongoing game, and Best mobile game goes to PUBG mobile unfortunately.
Sakurai's signature is just Kirby, more Sakubias /s.
Sakurai sig always has Kirby on it...:glare:
It isn't odd when he's technically the creator of Kirby lol. And Sakurai bias has always been there in Smash lol, so... deal with it I guess?(JK)

Miyamoto's though:

Time to share Twitter pics,
First off Mythra Mythra , both awesome and odd that Twitter just keep having those Mythra fanarts.
I know Mythra likes to eat that thing but I cannot remember the name, do you know what it's called Mythra Mythra ?

And Arion Rashad on Twitter is working on a Smash Bros Ultimate fanart combining with Smash Bros/ Nintendo related Youtubers, Twitter users, and some memes and characters.
It's still unfinished so looking forward to who will be in this poster.

Here are some Splatoon fanarts:
I know Japanese Splatfest is over, and Marina won, but I still like Pearl's outfit in this pic more(Also her adorable face).

Off the Hook X KDA
... Off the Hook X KDA virtual crossover concert please? Do it Nintendo and Riot Games.

Inkling KDA Akali... she seems to be the most popular character in the KDA when it comes to fanarts:
And an Inkling girl with a very good looking design from rockecchi:
[Insert Splatoon related commanding quote here]

And last but not least...
Shantae X Metroid, oh man it's on!

Another crossover:

Sword Kirby VS a bada** looking Dark Souls knight... I think it is easy to know who is gonna win.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ill say this. In Sun and Moon, I spent hours upon hours looking for Stuful and when I found it, weakened it and captured it, it was the best time of my life
I was literaly look for it for hourse because of its 3% rate, i was so happy

compare that to Lets Go, where all Id have to do is throw a ball and thats it. No satisfaction

Iridium

Smash Hero
I still will never understand what GF did to Vikavolt...

Grubbin:
HP: 47
Attack: 62
Defense: 45
Sp.Atk: 55
Sp.Def: 45
Speed: 46

Vikavolt:
HP: 77
Attack: 70
Defense: 90
Sp.Atk: 145
Sp.Def: 75
Speed: 43

How did they manage to make Vikavolt even slower than Grubbin? I get the that the Sp.Atk is just crazy high, but I can't get around the speed...

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

Grubbin:

Vikavolt:

How did they manage to make Vikavolt even slower than Grubbin? I get the that the Sp.Atk is just crazy high, but I can't get around the speed...
It's just the Alolan virus that makes all Pokémon as slow as possible. It's sad but it's what it is, in Alola a 70 base speed was fast and it's pretty stupid lol.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It's just the Alolan virus that makes all Pokémon as slow as possible. It's sad but it's what it is, in Alola a 70 base speed was fast and it's pretty stupid lol.
Pretty much. Good thing they didn't slap that onto Lycanroc. So fast, and Accelerock is just so useful as a Rock-type Quick Attack (essentially).

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I would say it's replacing one mostly tedious minigame with another, but honestly I feel like there's a very simple compromise that my prior position overlooked.

The entire issue I have with wild encounters as they are is that they're by and large a drain on resources just for its own sake, same as every JRPG with random encounters has done since the 1980s. It's a tedious grind that you go through either to:
  1. Power yourself up to break through the next beefgate, a circumstance where the Go mechanics would be largely superior since they minimize both the time and resource drains, or -
  2. To get to the next beefgate, which strips it of almost all redeeming value except for those scenarios where without it there'd be nothing to do.
Nuzlocke runs offer respite from this to an extent by making it an extended exercise in resource management, and (once per route) the net equivalent of puzzle solving combined with risk vs. reward. But without those restrictions there's no way to justify it except as a time sink, and I believe that removing this time sink in favor of trainer battles is the way to proceed simply because those can provide more varied encounters and proper threats - they don't, so far, but they very much could, and they offer the benefit of progressing through them once and then never again if desired, essentially clearing tedium in favor of ramping up the number of beefgates and providing a sense of accomplishment as the trail of defeated enemies grows longer and longer.

But I digress. This was about a compromise.

Simply retain the non-random encounters, i.e. having mons appear on the screen and combat initiated on contact.

For Nuzlocke runs there would have to be adjustments - replacing the first random encounter in each new area with the first 'mon you see for capturing is fairly obvious, what to do about progression through random encounter zones in a way that doesn't unfairly avoid all combats is not - but for the rest of us we could get on with our business.

I also want to see more AI interactions along that line. We already have some variance in behavior between the mons you encounter. A good example would be comparing the Viridian Forest lists and the routes just outside; most will wander casually about a small area (Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Bellsprout, Beedrill), but some will stay mostly motionless, while spawning in quantity and in narrow passages (Caterpie, Weedle, the two cocoons), and some will dart about all over (Pidgey, Rattata). Mt. Moon was also just as overrun with Zubat as ever; they just clog your screen more literally now. And hilariously Onix like to spring up out of nowhere in thin corridors where there's nowhere to go but through them.

I'd also like to see mons that run from the player, and are thus harder to track down and catch, and mons that chase the player, and are thus harder to avoid. If these are already implemented I haven't seen them yet. Personal idea would be having the ghosts in Lavender Tower phase through the headstones and other obstacles, while the player has to go around them - then having a chance that a spawned mon slowly homes in on the player rather than aimlessly wandering about.
avi_thirsty.png

Look, I've had to keep my mind occupied tonight, alright? I've been thinking bout this ****. Sue me.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Grubbin:

Vikavolt:

Vikavolt is an example as to why I want a Trick Room setting ability. Vikavolt would be nuts under a TrickRain team.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You'll rouse the kinky little ****s that crawl around here.
It's too late.

I'm already here.

Ill say this. In Sun and Moon, I spent hours upon hours looking for Stuful and when I found it, weakened it and captured it, it was the best time of my life
I was literaly look for it for hourse because of its 3% rate, i was so happy

compare that to Lets Go, where all Id have to do is throw a ball and thats it. No satisfaction
Caught a Bulbasaur in Viridian Forest with nothing but a mittful of Razz Berries and basic ***** Poke Balls.

Never got the ring above orange. Was an hour wandering around the place before I saw it, so even when the second popped up reasonably fast, I knew that opportunity might not present itself again (and it didn't; the only other one I've received is the one you get through gameplay).

I will absolutely put the excitement and satisfaction of that Excellent throw on par with your Stuful catch. Don't knock it till you've tried it.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sorry, thought you people would type faster.

Mods, go ahead and clean this one out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would say it's replacing one mostly tedious minigame with another, but honestly I feel like there's a very simple compromise that my prior position overlooked.

The entire issue I have with wild encounters as they are is that they're by and large a drain on resources just for its own sake, same as every JRPG with random encounters has done since the 1980s. It's a tedious grind that you go through either to:
  1. Power yourself up to break through the next beefgate, a circumstance where the Go mechanics would be largely superior since they minimize both the time and resource drains, or -
  2. To get to the next beefgate, which strips it of almost all redeeming value except for those scenarios where without it there'd be nothing to do.
Nuzlocke runs offer respite from this to an extent by making it an extended exercise in resource management, and (once per route) the net equivalent of puzzle solving combined with risk vs. reward. But without those restrictions there's no way to justify it except as a time sink, and I believe that removing this time sink in favor of trainer battles is the way to proceed simply because those can provide more varied encounters and proper threats - they don't, so far, but they very much could, and they offer the benefit of progressing through them once and then never again if desired, essentially clearing tedium in favor of ramping up the number of beefgates and providing a sense of accomplishment as the trail of defeated enemies grows longer and longer.

But I digress. This was about a compromise.

Simply retain the non-random encounters, i.e. having mons appear on the screen and combat initiated on contact.

For Nuzlocke runs there would have to be adjustments - replacing the first random encounter in each new area with the first 'mon you see for capturing is fairly obvious, what to do about progression through random encounter zones in a way that doesn't unfairly avoid all combats is not - but for the rest of us we could get on with our business.

I also want to see more AI interactions along that line. We already have some variance in behavior between the mons you encounter. A good example would be comparing the Viridian Forest lists and the routes just outside; most will wander casually about a small area (Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Bellsprout, Beedrill), but some will stay mostly motionless, while spawning in quantity and in narrow passages (Caterpie, Weedle, the two cocoons), and some will dart about all over (Pidgey, Rattata). Mt. Moon was also just as overrun with Zubat as ever; they just clog your screen more literally now. And hilariously Onix like to spring up out of nowhere in thin corridors where there's nowhere to go but through them.

I'd also like to see mons that run from the player, and are thus harder to track down and catch, and mons that chase the player, and are thus harder to avoid. If these are already implemented I haven't seen them yet. Personal idea would be having the ghosts in Lavender Tower phase through the headstones and other obstacles, while the player has to go around them - then having a chance that a spawned mon slowly homes in on the player rather than aimlessly wandering about.
View attachment 178306

Look, I've had to keep my mind occupied tonight, alright? I've been thinking bout this ****. Sue me.
Removal of random encounters isn't the issue here(though I'll always disagree with the notion that they're useless or unnecessary) but rather the actual battles themselves. Random encounters can be gone, I like the idea of seeing Pokemon in the overworld, but that doesn't change the fact battles against wild Pokemom have been removed. Your compromise isn't as much of one as it is "yeah just bring wild battles back" which is exactly what I said they should never have removed :/

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It lacks XC2, plain and simple (Half JK).
Speaking of Fortnite, I remember I saw Fortnite Battle Royal's commercial back in 2017 Game Awards, and I used to though that "Man, this game should come to Switch even though not likely" but oh boy how both wrong and right I was and yes I already aware of Fortnite before it was cool lol.

My personal opinion and expectations is that since PUBG was nominated GOTY last year... it sucks how it's mobile port is still in the running and Fortnite should be nominated for GOTY too (But don't win of course lol).

Also correct me if I am wrong but... PUBG won the best multiplayer right?I don't remember they present it during the live ceremony but rather "sneak" it to PUBG.

Also how funny Fortnite was nominated this year and none last year, yet it is still nominated in the "Best On Going Game". I personally think Fortnite is gonna win best multiplayer and best ongoing game, and Best mobile game goes to PUBG mobile unfortunately.

Sakurai sig always has Kirby on it...:glare:
It isn't odd when he's technically the creator of Kirby lol. And Sakurai bias has always been there in Smash lol, so... deal with it I guess?(JK)

Miyamoto's though:

Time to share Twitter pics,
First off Mythra Mythra , both awesome and odd that Twitter just keep having those Mythra fanarts.

I know Mythra likes to eat that thing but I cannot remember the name, do you know what it's called Mythra Mythra ?

And Arion Rashad on Twitter is working on a Smash Bros Ultimate fanart combining with Smash Bros/ Nintendo related Youtubers, Twitter users, and some memes and characters.

It's still unfinished so looking forward to who will be in this poster.

Here are some Splatoon fanarts:

I know Japanese Splatfest is over, and Marina won, but I still like Pearl's outfit in this pic more(Also her adorable face).

Off the Hook X KDA

... Off the Hook X KDA virtual crossover concert please? Do it Nintendo and Riot Games.

Inkling KDA Akali... she seems to be the most popular character in the KDA when it comes to fanarts:

And an Inkling girl with a very good looking design from rockecchi:

[Insert Splatoon related commanding quote here]

And last but not least...

Shantae X Metroid, oh man it's on!

Another crossover:

Sword Kirby VS a bada** looking Dark Souls knight... I think it is easy to know who is gonna win.
Fortnite will win all their nominated awards

And damn that Smash/Youtuber mashup art is great (Iceman Etika and Daddy Sakurai as Mario and Link, while Alax and Cat are half of Pit)

D

Deleted member

Started White 2 with Tepig, last time I gave this guy a chance was back in my very first White playthrough so might as well
Also caught a Purloinn "Prince" and a Patrat "Patrick". Grinded my team to levels 8, 6 and 4 because I'm lazy and then
>Second Hugh battle
>Purloinn Growls his Oshawott 6 times
Lol get past this
>He crits
Yeah, ****
>Send out Patrat
>Crits him too
Holy **** **** Hugh this is his 3rd crit this playthrough, is je really gonna become the Pokemon Killer of this run?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Removal of random encounters isn't the issue here(though I'll always disagree with the notion that they're useless or unnecessary) but rather the actual battles themselves. Random encounters can be gone, I like the idea of seeing Pokemon in the overworld, but that doesn't change the fact battles against wild Pokemom have been removed. Your compromise isn't as much of one as it is "yeah just bring wild battles back" which is exactly what I said they should never have removed :/
Yes I know.

I will say that the catch mechanics in Let's Go are fun to me, and clearly also to others who have tried them, and I even think it could be complimentary with wild battles if GF has the stones (getting a ball from the inventory can be the switching point between one and the other).

I will also say that by and large wild pokemon battles bore the living hell out of me, have been in my opinion a necessary evil since 98, and the only reason I ever gave anything vaguely resembling half a damn about them is rare or legendary encounters - something that Pumpkaboo also touched on above, and which Nuzlocke turns all captures into by necessity - so my only real preferred method of dealing with them is fast travel and drowning myself in Repel.

Contrary to providing me any real enjoyment, it largely just incentivizes me to run through routes as quickly as possible and skip all the content between cities and story points.

So when I say compromise, I mean from my standpoint. Because other than very rare encounters they can all go to hell for all I care, but I understand they mean something to other people (and especially to Nuzlockes) and I don't want to see other people's enjoyment yanked away in Gen 8 just for my convenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom