• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 6.0 - L'Arachel Edition, Apparently?

Best Galar Starter?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Chaddam in Smash is the choice of the Truly Woke
How could you say something so controversial, yet so brave?
Also, if I may for a quick moment. Hopefully mods don't persecute me for this, but I gotta let it all out man.

HUGO WAS A REAL ****ING MVP AT THE END.
MANS KILLED HIMSELF TO SAVE ADDAM FROM BEING BURNT INTO PIECES.

**** NIALL, HE WISHES HE WOULD BE A SMIDGE GOOD AS HUGO WAS FOR BEING MOR ARDAIN'S EMPEROR.

WHERE ARE MY HUGO BOYS AND GIRLS AT?!

View attachment 165094
Actually, Niall did sacrifice himself in the same way Hugo did (protecting someone they hold dear by serving as a shield), buuuuuuuuut Niall got saved by Niall afterward, so, it doesn't have the same impact for sure.

Still, like I said before,
PRAISE HUGO.jpg

PRAISE MOTHER****ING HUGO, HE DIED FOR OUR SINS, SO WE MUST NEVER FORGET HIM.

HUGO, THE REAL MVP.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
You know what's good for you?

Carbon
Milton's comment on Mythra's dish was soooooooooo good (and burn lol)

Her dish can cause more damage than the Artifice!

lololololol. (Gee... if it can cause damage more than Artifice, why don't they just defeat Malos by making him eat Mythra's dish? lol)

Also, Mikhal can already cook 500 years ago eh?

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Man this game is something else.

THERE'S A SELFIE MODE

10/10

EDIT:

EVERYONE IS HERE

MAH GIRL XION IS HERE, AHHHHH-

Hmm, excuse me for that, cool trailer and cool image.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OK but guys

I'm so worried about her.

Nomura loves putting symbolism in his art and seeing Namine literally being gated off from everyone like that is ringing all sorts of alarm bells.

If she can't have Sora, let her have some friends. She deserves it, she's always been the secret MVP of this franchise.

Screenshot_20180918-133646.png

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
OK but guys

I'm so worried about her.

Nomura loves putting symbolism in his art and seeing Namine literally being gated off from everyone like that is ringing all sorts of alarm bells.

If she can't have Sora, let her have some friends. She deserves it, she's always been the secret MVP of this franchise.

View attachment 165105
who is Roxes lookin at? because they way he looks like hes looking right at you is freaking me out

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've seen these guys live a few times, but this was still really cool to see.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't notice the first time but look, they didn't forget about Jiminy Cricket after all!

2018918_143511529.jpg

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Update from Serebii regarding LGPE. Joe made this game look a lot more appealing with nothing more than a text wall clarifying certain points.
Serebii said:
Today, Nintendo and The Pokémon Company International were kind enough to allow me to play 2 hours of the start of Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! and I'm able to share everything that I experienced while playing the game. In the game demo, I was only able to play through the first two hours, back to the end of Brock's gym in Pewter City. This meant that there wouldn't be as much exploring but could truly show the elements of the game.

It continues on much like Pokémon Yellow does, as you would suspect, with the progression that we know, going from Pallet Town through Viridian City and up to the Gym after Viridian Forest. There was then a small demo in Route 6 to showcase local co-operative play.

First, mechanically, the battles work pretty much exactly the same as previous main series Pokémon games with the physical and special split remaining in tact. IVs fully appear to be within the game but with limited time with the early part of the game it is impossible to completely determine if the IV spreads are identical to how they were in the games since Ruby & Sapphire. EVs are a different story.
At present it's hard to say what the situation is with EVs. After some battles, an additional +1 appears in one stat such as Speed or Attack, but this +1 is also added with the candy obtained from transferring Pokémon.

As many people have speculated through various demos and videos, there are no held items in the game and no option to make a Pokémon hold an item. This means that many of the items you come to expect such as Choice Band cannot be found. In addition to this, Abilities also aren't in the game.

Experience is definitely weighted more towards capture than battle. You typically seem to earn more experience points catching Pokémon but you will get bonuses if it's a new Pokémon, quality of capture and so forth. Synchronising capture with a second player locally also boosts the experience bonus.

Capture is relatively simple. There's a Lure item that lasts for a few minutes which increases wild Pokémon spawns and Pinap Berries will increase chances of finding an item after catching a Pokémon. These items are typically berries.

The capture element is much the same as in previous demos, but being able to see the Pokémon was a much more refreshing experience, allowing the player to try and avoid wild encounters if they are so inclined. The wild encounters do seem to provide a bit more experience than the traditional trainer battles. Pokémon also react differently to you based on species. Some are docile while others whille charge at you or Abra will teleport away if it spots you. The trainer battles also end with Poké Balls being given in order to continue capture.

Despite my best efforts, I couldn't quite determine the mechanics behind Comboing Pokémon (catching Pokémon of the same species consecutively). I got to a combo of 13 with a Caterpie but can't say for sure if it boosted any IVs or did any further capture chances. A combo is broken if the Pokémon flees

Combat Points are in the game, much like Pokémon GO and like Pokémon GO they are just a quick visual representation of the stats of a Pokémon taking on the Pokémon's level, stats and any stat boosts

The partner Pokémon do appear to have larger base stats. By comparing a wild Pikachu with the starter Pikachu at the same level, there is a vast difference.
The base power of Eevee's Sizzly Slide, Bouncy Bubble and Buzzy Buzz moves is 90.

Jessie, James & Meowth appear only on in Viridian City. However, they justreplace the old man who needed his coffee who then shows you how to catch Pokémon. You still won't battle them until Mt. Moon
As shown in the information release in June at E3, you need to have a Grass or Water-type Pokémon before entering Pewter City Gym. However, this is only needed to first enter it and isn't required in your actual team for when you are battling against Brock and his other gym trainers so any fears of ridiculously easy handholding difficulty can be laid to rest.

You get given the first customisation option, the sportswear matching the default outfit of the trainer, by the rival's sister as you leave Pallet Town.
Items are grouped into multiple categories. Your Pokémon Box is in your bag, as are Capture Items such as Berries and Balls, Healing Items, Battle Items such as Guard Spec. and Mega Stones, Candy and so forth. With this, you can also have items from other categories outside the main item list such as Lures, Town Map, Fossils and other key or miscellaneous items.

As with previous games, each gender option contains fourdifferent options of character skintone.
There was also some play of the Support Player function where a second player can play in the game. Their following Pokémon is the second in your party and you share the same 6 Pokémon for battle. In this mode, the second player also can't interact with items, wild Pokémon or trainers.

Overall, the game is clearly a main series Pokémon game, just with a few tweaks to lure in the uninitiated audience. It's not the competitive game so players want but it's at its soul, a true Pokémon game.

All of the gameplay we had was recorded and we'll be able to post our exclusive gameplay as soon as we can, probably later this week, so be sure to keep checking back.
Eevee is broken

Ivander

Smash Legend
Even the comic is ****ing with our feels.
View attachment 165091
Too soon Loki.

That being said, has anyone else noticed that first she jested to Laevateinn about being their mother and now she impersonated her sister? Anyone else expecting Loki to transform into Surtr and do a moment of "I'm not really dead."?

Regardless, I'm pretty sure they're setting up Laegjern to win CYL3, unless the new characters turn out to be impressive.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
'just got my revenge on the second superboss, this time with my entire alive for the full fight.

Revenge feel sweet, not going to lie.:ultwolf:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So one of my brothers just recently broke up with his girlfriend.

It's bad enough that my mom is driving out of state to his house to comfort him.

I hope he gets alright soon. :/

D

Deleted member

We got a new KH3 trailer and it looks ****ing amazing.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
"1041914715625140225 is not a valid tweet id" is the best trailer I have seen.
Even the comic is ****ing with our feels.
View attachment 165091
You said it right. :V
I can't believe they added Karl Marx to Kingdom Hearts 3!

---

If you liked this post, please support my Patreon to access posts early. Higher tiers even get a chance to be included in the credits at the bottom of every post!

POST CREDITS:
  • alek poster's mom
  • ShinyLegendary

Thank you all for your support!
You are welcome.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
My mom is leavin to live independent but that means Ill have to trival back and ****ing forth from my dads and my moms and that was just as tiring as a kid as it will be as an adult

oh lawd, stress deflated. She just said "yall can visit anytime yall want, I dont care"

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don’t know why I always lie on couches in weird positions. My legs are dangling off the edge and are already asleep lol

D

Deleted member

I got demoted back to Tier 17 in FEH, ah well. :p

My dream is to rise to Tier 21 or "The Great Summoner" tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom