• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Someone in the nintendo switch reddit said ARMS should have a permaban for multiple disconnects. People are telling him not all dissconnects are ragequits, some is ****ty internet and some are kids that at a point parents have to take control.
Do people not know that you can actually block users who disconnect?

A permaban is too harsh though, all they need is to get the loss and rank exp down and they'll stop...that's literally it...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

A permaban is too harsh though, all they need is to get the loss and rank exp down and they'll stop...that's literally it...
Yup. . .and in the case of teams, let your teammate take a far softer blow than they would have normally when they inevitably lose from your dropping.

Splatoon's got the system down to a T, I'd assume Splatoon 2 will too. If they get punished for their bad behavior, the naughty folks get in line and the people with legit issues have a brief moment of suffering and carry on. It fixes the problem without innocent people that live in internet podunk zones being tossed into the crossfire as badly.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-Base form is a rabbit and a tank
-Gorilla and diamond
-A hawk and a gatling gun
-A ninja and comic books
-A panda and a rocket
-Fire and a hedgehog
-Lion and vacuum cleaner
-A key and a dragon
-Pirates and a train
Kamen Rider Build, these ideas for forms make no ****ing sense, and I absolutely love it

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Imagine paying 60 bucks and getting permabanned because your internet decided to **** the bed a lot

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I just found the thread Pumpkaboo was talking about, and did this guy seriously name himself "Arms Throwaway?"

That username is so simultaneously low quality and relevant that part of me almost wonders if they were trolling.

*checks post history*

Oh joooooy, that post and the slew of responses trying to defend the point are the only posts he's made. Totally boosts my confidence in the fact that he's not a troll. :4megaman:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I'm sure no one here really cares about the story in Fire Emblem Heroes, but I'd feel like I should share my thoughts on a certain plot point that happens in the newest story chapter released today.

*Reaches the final map of Chapter 12*

*Notices it is called "The Mask Cracks*

*Eyes open wide*

"Oooo, looks like we will finally learn the Masked Man's identity!"

*Starts the map and notices Bruno appears.*

*Bruno rambles on about how he killed Zacharius and presents Zacharius's lance as proof*

*Yeah, yeah, whatever. I still think you are faking the fact about killing Zacharius.*

*Plays through the map and beats it*

*Masked Man gets injured. Story dialogue ensues where Masked Man asks Alfonse to kill him.*

"Alfonse, no, don't kill him. I have a better idea. Take off his mask like it's a Scooby Doo episode!"

*Alfonse realizes how Zacharius's voice wasn't heard during the Rite. Sharena asks him if there's another possibility. He says there is. Alfonse then turns to the Masked Man*

*Masked man, Are you Zacharius?*

Me:

"Holy cow, we ARE going to learn the Masked Man's identity now."

*Screen fades to black and then tells me I got an orb.*

"WHAT, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THE WRITERS ENDED IT ON A CLIFFHANGER LIKE THIS?"

Yep, looks like we'll have to wait until the next story chapter to learn what the Masked Man's response is.

I still think the Masked Man is Zacharius but turned into "Bruno" because he got corrupted by that demon in some way.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I just found the thread Pumpkaboo was talking about, and did this guy seriously name himself "Arms Throwaway?"

That username is so simultaneously low quality and relevant that part of me almost wonders if they were trolling.

*checks post history*

Oh joooooy, that post and the slew of responses trying to defend the point are the only posts he's made. Totally boosts my confidence in the fact that he's not a troll. :4megaman:
"Arms Throwaway?"

Was "Max Ass" taken?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm sure no one here really cares about the story in Fire Emblem Heroes, but I'd feel like I should share my thoughts on a certain plot point that happens in the newest story chapter released today.

*Eyes open wide*

*Bruno rambles on about how he killed Zacharius and presents Zacharius's lance as proof*

*Yeah, yeah, whatever. I still think you are faking the fact about killing Zacharius.*

*Masked Man gets injured. Story dialogue ensues where Masked Man asks Alfonse to kill him.*

"Alfonse, no, don't kill him. I have a better idea. Take off his mask like it's a Scooby Doo episode!"

*Alfonse realizes how Zacharius's voice wasn't heard during the Rite. Sharena asks him if there's another possibility. He says there is. Alfonse then turns to the Masked Man*

Me:

Yep, looks like we'll have to wait until the next story chapter to learn what the Masked Man's response is.

I still think the Masked Man is Zacharius but turned into "Bruno" because he got corrupted by that demon in some way.
I haven't played the Story chapters since release(so up until Ch9), can you tell me what have I missed?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Tried the Hey! Pikmin demo. Even though it's a 2D platformer, I still feel a console Pikmin vibe in it. Going to pick it. Now my :4olimar: amiibo will have a new use.

However, I still need to stop procrastinating to hell with Pikmin 3. :c

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I rewatched a bit of the latest MHA episode to see the new ending and accidentally saw the preview for the next one. Eric Vale's making Shigaraki/Handy Man more playful like the Japanese version, nice. Also Shigaraki's looking like the anime can finally make him look as creepy as the manga.
Seriously the manga close usp to him are ****ing terrifying, the adaptation did NOT do him justice

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I need Splatoon 2 so badly I'm watching ****ty youtubers play Splatoon 1.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I haven't played the Story chapters since release(so up until Ch9), can you tell me what have I missed?

Prior to the Ike banner, there was a Xenologue map that featured Veronica. It featured her and the Masked Man having some casual dialogue. As the Masked Man gives Veronica tea, he asks her if she has heard any voices. Veronica recalls she does hear a voice that tells her to "kill," and from that, she gains an urge to do so. The Masked Man reacts with surprise, in a way that confirms something he discovered.

In the Blazing Sword paralogue (the one that was released alongside some of the BS characters like Jaffar, Rebecca, etc.), the Masked Man reads the tome of Bramimond. This book reveals the royalty of a certain nation has the blood of a wicked god, which uses the royalty as puppets, as they are unable to fight the god's influence; the text states this god is known by many names and that its true name has never been written until that point, but the name is not there, much to his frustration. He then proceeds to acquiring some information from that world, as it is the home of the Dragon's Gate, a portal to other worlds. At the end of the paralogue, Nino gives Alfonse a hand-written letter from Zacharius. In it, Zacharius states he is still alive and that the true enemy is "Bruno," not Veronica.

In Chapter 10, you fight Ike and the currently available Greil Mercenaries: Titania, Soren, and Mist. Ike's forces invade the Askr Kingdom thanks to Veronica's help, but Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna manage to push Ike's forces back into their home kingdom, where the final map takes place. Prior to the final map, there comes a point where Alfonse runs into the Masked Man again. The Masked Man identifies himself as "Bruno," the royal prince of the Emblian Empire and Veronica's older brother. He mentions that he doesn't want Veronica to conquer Askr. After beating the final map on Chapter 9, Veronica tries to trap Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, and Kiran (the default name for the summoner) within Ike's world. Only Kiran doesn't escape the portal in time, but then another man intervenes and manages to reopen the portal. The man states he is Zacharius, and the game does not show his image despite having dialogue.

In Chapter 11, you fight Celica and a few of her friends: Mae, Boey, and Genny. Anna tries to perform a Rite to try to call Zacharius. When Zacharius doesn't respond, the Masked Man arrives. He tells Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna that he killed Zacharius. Alfonse is shocked by this, and Bruno warns him that he and Sharena are his next victims.

In Chapter 12, the group tries to talk to the Masked Man regarding Zacharius, leading up to the dialogue that happens at the end of the chapter.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
In other news, today I impulse adopted bought this:

"Hmm. . .the build quality is a little rough and I can't find an exact price, considering it's a licensed toy I wonder how much they're going to charge me for-"

"$7.47"

"I am blessed with bargains like manna from heaven."

. . .Oh hang on, looking it up I think the Target I was at may have undercut the normal price by quite a bit, LOL.

This also means I have something Splatoon related that's soft enough that I can hurl it at a wall while playing Ranked without damaging either the object or the drywall. . .

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

*checks post history*

Umm...that's the entire point of a throwaway account, haha. Keeps the main hidden to avoid doxxing or karma loss.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

*Eyes open wide*

Me:

"On the next episode of Fire Emblem Heroes..."

Beat Sonic the Hedgehog for the first time.

3rd Sonic game i've beat. (heroes and Generations)
Didn't get the true ending and there is no way im bothering on mobile.

Liked most of the zones, but Marble can go **** off

Scrap Brain and Labyrinth act 3's were pretty annoying too (Screw air bubbles and screw water physics)

Final Rating: positive but just barely

Will play Sonic 2 with an actual controller tomorrow probably. Until then, LoL and 3ds games.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Scrap Brain and Labyrinth act 3's were pretty annoying too (Screw air bubbles and screw water physics)

Will play Sonic 2 with an actual controller tomorrow probably. Until then, LoL and 3ds games.
I'd say that's a fair enough rating for Sonic 1 all things considered. Marble Zone and water levels aren't the most pleasant.

As a protip for enjoying Sonic 2 infinitely better, take the high road whenever possible in Aquatic Ruins. Sonic 2 has a couple of water levels, but aside from one tense platforming segment in Chemical Plant the actual water is mostly avoidable. Sonic 2 becomes MUCH more soothing when you realize you can simply parkour away from most of the water physics.

Also there's a spot early on in Wing Fortress that looks like it'll put you through a nigh-impossible segment over a bottomless pit, but if you poke around nearby there's a fan you can jump into that will lift you into the reasonable part of the level. Of course, you have to beat Metropolis Zone to get there first and that's not exactly a level with easy tips. . .

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

You know that part of Scrap Brain act 4 when the platform slides down? If you go off of the platform and beat it, you get through a shortcut that skips half of the level. Sky Chase has the same thing with a platform Sonic can't easily reach that leads to a fan, abuse invincibility frames and skip like 3/4s of the level

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Zachscottgames. His voice bothers me. lol
Oh, praline, don't do that to yourself. I tried watching his Best Of video and his voice bored me out of my mind.

Watch SkulShurtugal's Hide and Seek videos instead if you're gonna go on a Youtuber streak.

You know that part of Scrap Brain act 4 when the platform slides down? If you go off of the platform and beat it, you get through a shortcut that skips half of the level. Sky Chase has the same thing with a platform Sonic can't easily reach that leads to a fan, abuse invincibility frames and skip like 3/4s of the level
First, I dont think there IS an Act 4

Second, yeah that's about what I did lol.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
First, I dont think there IS an Act 4

Second, yeah that's about what I did lol.
Sorry, I got confused. Scrap Brain act 3 has the nickname Labyrinth Zone act 4 which tripped me up
Toei 2015: This guy is a firefly because of Japanese folklore about fireflies and death, also the horn is a wisp from folklore too
Western KR fandom: ...
Toei 2016: Here's a video game themed Rider who looks as 90's as possible as it fits the general aesthetics
Western KR fandom: We want bug people back
Toei 2017: Here's a bunny and you will ****ing like it

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I like about Hey! Pikmin is you can't blindly throw Pikmin and expect no issues. For example, there could be a treasure that requires a breakable platform to be left alone or you'll miss it.

Also, here are the compatible amiibo for the game (according to the digital manual):

Super Smash Bros. :4olimar:
Pikmin amiibo (can be used for amiibo statues you don't have)
Super Mario series
Animal Crossing series (figurines only)
Splatoon series

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Woke up from a dream where they were drawing lots of blood from me, and I could actually feel it. Like, 4 huge syringes worth.

Than they drew something from my arm that was some kind of white liquid which kind of freaked me out

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Oh, praline, don't do that to yourself. I tried watching his Best Of video and his voice bored me out of my mind.

Watch SkulShurtugal's Hide and Seek videos instead if you're gonna go on a Youtuber streak.
That guy is actually very annoying.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That guy is actually very annoying.
I guess I just like watching multiple loud people playing off of each other more than one person who sounds like he's about to fall asleep, LOL.

I admit I don't have much in the way of taste and I probably should have put a disclaimer on that. I have a thick skin for annoyance and a thin skin for dull.

I've more moved on to the Youtube squidposts for my hype at this point anyway, though. Cheap Garry's Mod productions, absurd shorts, comic dubs.

I'm running low on supplies, send help.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Wait, when did YouTube have the feature to see an animated preview of the video when you highlight the thumbnail?

And why haven't they done this sooner?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was about to talk about the preview thing

Reminds me of Pronhub

I think it just started today

Also the subscribe button is ugly now

Status