• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Welp. We are here with Splatoon 2 in our minds, so here's some questions.

1. Did you play Splatoon?
  2. Did you like it?
  3. What was your favorite part about it?
  4. Do you own a Switch?
  5. Do you want Splatoon 2?
  6. Do you like Callie?
  7. Do you like Marie?
  8. Do you like Pearl?
  9. Do you like Marina?
  10. Of the four which is your favorite?
  11. 2nd Favorite?
  12. Least favorite?
  13. Of the weapons outlined in Splatoon 2, which is your favorite main weapon?
  14. Sub Weapon?
  15. Special?
  16. Kid, Squid or Octopus?
  1. Naturally.
  2. Woomy.
  3. Splatting mother****ers. Failing that, winning. Failing that, cursing at the loss screen.
  4. I do.
  5. I do.
  6. I do.
  7. I do.
  8. Uh.
  9. I do.
  10. Marina.
  11. Callie.
  12. Uh.
  13. Dapper Dualies. Yes, I know how they're spelled. I prefer it my way.
  14. Ink Mines. Used to have a legit talent for booby-trapping chokepoints and splatting people foolish enough to tail me.
  15. Inkstrike, with Inkzooka a close second.
  16. Yes.
They can fire tons of ink like the Aerospray RG, my go-to weapon in Splatoon 1
My man. :denzel:

H-hi am I unwanted here?
Not at all. Welcome aboard.
avi_presenting_cookie.png

Cookie for the rookie.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
welp...as much as I'd love to pull an all-nighter watching this FFVII run...I gotta work tomorrow...

I'll be able to catch the last couple hours of the run at least when I wake up...I guess there are some advantages to there being an 8 hour speedrun...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Going to a pride block party tomorrow

Last year I went my dad thought there was something I needed to tell him that would disappoint him

lol, not going to start liking guys

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Just got done watching Spider-Man Homecoming.
Yo, was that Scorpion at the first end credits scene? He had a scorpion tattoo on his neck, so I'm guessing that's him.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unless they add Mysterio as a villain I'm kind of done with spiderman reboots

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually what that says is "Eventually will play him" so, I guess the possibility is still there

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I've been waiting 20 years for this moment.

Lana = GOAT

Hana Midorikawa

Anti-Pessimist
Yo, was that Scorpion at the first end credits scene? He had a scorpion tattoo on his neck, so I'm guessing that's him.
Yeah, that was him. He also appeared earlier in the movie as Mac Gargan (his full name in the comics) during the Ferry scene.

I hope Mysterio is the sequel baddie.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Unless they add Mysterio as a villain I'm kind of done with spiderman reboots
Calling Spider-man Homecoming a reboot is a terrible disservice to the movie. Not to mention the fact that the origin story trash that has plagued Superhero movies for decades is totally thrown out the window. It's much more of a coming of age, Breakfast Club hybrid than it even is a superhero movie. It successfully challenges the genre without wholly having to focus on shock-factor or an R-rating like the past two mold-breaking movies have and that's an achievement in and of itself. Watch the movie. See for yourself if you like it. Then judge it. And believe me if you go into the movie expecting an Spidey Origin Rehash you're going to be pleasantly surprised.

It also helps that all the origin story that was needed for Spidey in the MCU was already tackled in that very short Tony recruiting Peter scene in Civil War.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Yeah, that was him. He also appeared earlier in the movie as Mac Gargan (his full name in the comics) during the Ferry scene.

I hope Mysterio is the sequel baddie.
I must have missed when they said his name. Maybe Mysterio will be one of Scopions friends, though seeing how Sony is talking about making a Mysterio movie I'm guessing there aren't any plans right now to include him in the Spider-Man sequel. Same goes for Kraven.

Though now I'm hearing a number of people speculate that they are building up to the Sinister Six in the next movie, so having Mysterio and Kraven as Sinister Six members would be nice.

They also already introduced Powler, so I'm curious how they'll go about using him in future movies.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Ah yes, the sweet taste of RNGesus being in your favor.

Pulled this bad boy just now.

I'll probably try for SSJ4 Vegeta later but he's not a priority.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Holy sheep, playing USF4 after playing Blazblue/Guilty Gear is like, a totally different experience.

Like, I know it would be not the same. But still, holy god, this is different.

D

Deleted member

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is the only workout anime you should need, if it doesn't pump you to try your hardest than I don't know what will.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Welp. We are here with Splatoon 2 in our minds, so here's some questions.

1. Did you play Splatoon?
  2. Did you like it?
  3. What was your favorite part about it?
  4. Do you own a Switch?
  5. Do you want Splatoon 2?
  6. Do you like Callie?
  7. Do you like Marie?
  8. Do you like Pearl?
  9. Do you like Marina?
  10. Of the four which is your favorite?
  11. 2nd Favorite?
  12. Least favorite?
  13. Of the weapons outlined in Splatoon 2, which is your favorite main weapon?
  14. Sub Weapon?
  15. Special?
  16. Kid, Squid or Octopus?
I'll make my pre-Splatoon 2 answer:
1. Only play Single player mode with the first game. Never really play Turf Wars.
2. Lovin it.
3. Just shooting ink to gain turfs in order to win is just awesome.
4. Duh
5. Duh
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. I want to.
9. Yes
10. Marina
11. Callie/Marie tied
12. Pearl unfortunately
13. The Splat Dualies looks cool, I am gonna try it during the Splatfest.
14. Curling bomb
15. Splashdown
16. Squid
Just got done watching Spider-Man Homecoming.
I have watch it 3 days ago, Taiwan's premiere is on July 5 by the way.
Whoever thought Vulture was Liz's dad? He is probably my most favorite Spiderman villain in the entire Spiderman movie series.
The world's changing boys, it's time we change too.
Because he isn't a vilain who solely kills Spiderman for revenge, he also knows when to back down.
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is the only workout anime you should need, if it doesn't pump you to try your hardest than I don't know what will.

I have just finished watching 15 episodes just today! I feels like it was the last episode but I know it isn't. There also seems to have two Gurren Lagann movie special. Might check them out later date.
I really didn't expect Kamina to die like...that early...
By the way, my English name is actually also Simon as well, no kidding.
Oh boy, now I found a character that shares same name with the cat girl from XC2...
Don't get me wrong, she was an awesome character. Nevertheless, I want a fanart of these two Nia together soon...
Also Rossiu really looks like Fei from Xenogears.
Another thing that comes to my mind is how the plot of Gurren Lagann feels slightly similar to Xenoblade Chronicles... where both characters fight against a determine fate. Like how the Helix King reminds me of Zanza... just a bit...
Also MHA episode 14:
Most part are like the manga, additional things are how we get to see other character's hero internship, like Mineta cleaning Mt Lady's office, Asui doing push up etc...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll make my pre-Splatoon 2 answer:
1. Only play Single player mode with the first game. Never really play Turf Wars.
2. Lovin it.
3. Just shooting ink to gain turfs in order to win is just awesome.
4. Duh
5. Duh
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. I want to.
9. Yes
10. Marina
11. Callie/Marie tied
12. Pearl unfortunately
13. The Splat Dualies looks cool, I am gonna try it during the Splatfest.
14. Curling bomb
15. Splashdown
16. Squid

I have watch it 3 days ago, Taiwan's premiere is on July 5 by the way.
Whoever though Vulture was Liz's dad? He probably my most favorite Spiderman villain in the entire Spiderman movie series. Because he isn't a vilain who solely kills Spiderman for revenge, he also knows when to back down.

I have just finished watching 15 episodes just today! I feels like it was the last episode but I know it isn't. There also seems to have two Gurren Lagann movie special. Might check them out later date.
I really didn't expect Kamina to die like...that early...
By the way, my English is actually Simon as well, no kidding.
Oh boy, now I found a character that shares same name with the cat girl from XC2...

Don't get me wrong, she was an awesome character. Nevertheless, I want a fanart of these two Nia together soon...
Also Rossiu really looks like Fei from Xenogears.
Another thing that comes to my mind is how the plot of Gurren Lagann feels slightly similar to Xenoblade Chronicles... where both characters fight against a determine fate. Like how the Helix King reminds me a lot of Zanza... just a bit...
Kamina's death hit me hard too, I somehow managed to avoid spoilers of it despite all the memes, guess it is the one spoiler no one dares to disturb.
Also, he created what I call "Episode 8 Curse" where a plot shaking death will occur at exactly Ep8
Case in point, Akame ga Kill and RE:Creators.

Nia is a really good character, my second favorite of the show actually.
I didn't expect much from her at first but she won me over when she helped Simon through his depression(which was in her first episoded, to be fair but she was already in the OP)

There are 27 episodes in total, with the show taking a 7-year timeskip after the end of the first main arc. I like the first one better but the second is still TTGL and the finale is... well, it's no surprise Trigger learned from them
And if you think Lordgenome was Zanza, wait until the second arc to be proven wrong, Lordgenome was the Egil

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Kamina's death hit me hard too, I somehow managed to avoid spoilers of it despite all the memes, guess it is the one spoiler no one dares to disturb.
Also, he created what I call "Episode 8 Curse" where a plot shaking death will occur at exactly Ep8
Case in point, Akame ga Kill and RE:Creators.

Nia is a really good character, my second favorite of the show actually.
I didn't expect much from her at first but she won me over when she helped Simon through his depression(which was in her first episoded, to be fair but she was already in the OP)

There are 27 episodes in total, with the show taking a 7-year timeskip after the end of the first main arc. I like the first one better but the second is still TTGL and the finale is... well, it's no surprise Trigger learned from them
And if you think Lordgenome was Zanza, wait until the second arc to be proven wrong, Lordgenome was the Egil

"Episode 8 curse" for now is probably just a mere coincidence in my opinion, since I haven't seen much anime. It's still cool to find if any big animes have this curse, those never have death occurred (Like LWA) doesn't count.
By the way, checking Nia's artwork via... "cough" danbooru "cough' also made me find some...spoilers besides 7-year timeskip... :facepalm:hope that won't effect my will watching it further heheh...
You mean Egil from Mechonis? Yeah, well compare them two I think Egil is better, he is just a Machina that just wants to have peace with people on Bionis, he was never a king or a leader...wait a minute. Whereas Lordgenome just try to protect human by bringing them dangerous beastman and focring them to be in underground...also create many dolls including Nia and let them die in a box... hope Nia's background can be explained more later episode... but probably not. Also Nia's voice really reminds of Lotte despite I aware they aren't the same voice actress.
I also aware recent this year marks 10th anniversary of Gurren Laggan.
Well, after Gureen Laggan my next anime to watch is probably:
This crossover fanart is super cool. There was an episode where Yoko shows a bit hostile towards Nia.
Also Yoko's Kamiketsu has Kamina's iconic shades.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
You know what? I think I'm officially done with Nanatsu
-image removed-
If I had to witness this with my own two eyes, then so do all of you
By the way, checking Nia's artwork via... "cough" danbooru "cough' also made me find some...spoilers besides 7-year timeskip... :facepalm:hope that won't effect my will watching it further heheh...
You mean Egil from Mechonis? Yeah, well compare them two I think Egil is better, he is just a Machina that just wants to have peace with people on Bionis, he was never a king or a leader...wait a minute. Whereas Lordgenome just try to protect human by bringing them dangerous beastman and focring them to be in underground...also create many dolls including Nia and let them die in a box... hope Nia's background that can be explained more later episode... but probably not. Also Nia's voice really reminds of Lotte despite I aware they aren't the same voice actress.
Yeah, Nia's backstory gets expanded a little in the second arc

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
View attachment 131401

Yeah, Nia's backstory gets expanded a little in the second arc

Um... despite it isn't NSFW, I think it's better for putting it in spoil tag...
I haven't check Nanatsu for a while.. maybe I will go back and check someday.

That's good, well, in my opinion, they have to.
I already saw a pretty big spoiler art of Nia... I think, just don't know why she turns like that, I'm not saying about time-skip... I'm gonna go watch the rest of the episode to see what happened, so don't even mentioned it here anymore ;).

I also did some edit on my previous post. Go check it out.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
<whoa nelly>

Do you hear it?

On the wind?

The mods are stirring.

Don't care myself but if I were a betting man I'd bet that's gonna have a mod response.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Do you hear it?

On the wind?

The mods are stirring.

Don't care myself but if I were a betting man I'd bet that's gonna have a mod response.
The pic itself, slightly questionable, it is King's quote that is kind of... dangerous.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The pic itself, slightly questionable, it is King's quote that is kind of... dangerous.
Basing my bet completely on the pic, honestly.

That'd be some dangerous territory even text free.

Text just makes it humorous.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't watched the new MHA episode yet because I watch it dubbed.

However, I got all current officially released English volumes so I'm waaaaaay ahead of all yall anime fans. Goddamn am I hooked. Haven't read the 8th one yet but seeing a happy Yaoyarozu, seeing as Stain wasn't overhyped, seeing Deku grow, seeing more amazing artwork, we're in for a wild ride

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Mods are like tumbleweeds. Blowing through the wind ever so carelessly, blissfully, until you break one of the rules and they blow your way and shank you in the ass with a knife.

It happened to me so I know.

I still haven't recovered.

The tumbleweed is still at large.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
OF COURSE THERE'S A POWER OUTAGE...

I missed the end of FFVII because of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom