• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
knowing what i know about my hero academy i want them to end on a specific chapter for season 3 but i know they wont because thats not when the arc ends

also as a warning read the manga because there is going to be a lot of hype for when we get to that specific arc and i dont think people will be able to go with out spoiling anime only people

D

Deleted member

The thing I'm most excited about for MHA is to see the new OP, already downloaded the new ep but I can't watch it yet
Do you hear it?

On the wind?

The mods are stirring.

Don't care myself but if I were a betting man I'd bet that's gonna have a mod response.
What are you talking about? King is just frustrated that his wings aren't growing! He's a fairy, you see
No, seriously, he is actually talking about his wings, I'm 100% dead serious

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I haven't watched the new MHA episode yet because I watch it dubbed.

However, I got all current officially released English volumes so I'm waaaaaay ahead of all yall anime fans. Goddamn am I hooked. Haven't read the 8th one yet but seeing a happy Yaoyarozu, seeing as Stain wasn't overhyped, seeing Deku grow, seeing more amazing artwork, we're in for a wild ride
I start to finish and catch up to the manga shortly after the first season starts.
I bought 9,10, 11, 12 and character book.
Well, I already got the recent Chinese official volume, sort of. Not sure if 13 is available or not.
I also got the official character book MHA Ultra Archive, it contains not only character bios but also some early concept sketches on some character:
Early concept sketches of Mt. lady, sorry the photo is sideways...
IMG_-9sne4k.jpg
Iiida was once going to look similar to Aizwa sensei... and probably as a teacher.
Also Hakagure was also a totally different character that is a perverted male but is actually a girl? Weird...
IMG_1qmb9p.jpg
Ultra Archive without the outter book skin looks so rad!
The cover is Shiguraki by the way, with Yuei's logo having a bit of change of U into V.
IMG_qco37q.jpg
Also...
Horikoshi said he run out of ideas for the end of page art, so he use it for practicing sexy artworks instead. He drew Mina in bikini in volume 9
Mina's tummy looks a bit weird...

Kamina's death hit me hard too, I somehow managed to avoid spoilers of it despite all the memes, guess it is the one spoiler no one dares to disturb.
Also, he created what I call "Episode 8 Curse" where a plot shaking death will occur at exactly Ep8
Case in point, Akame ga Kill and RE:Creators.

More thought...
Also they way Kamina and Mamika died... is literally the same... they were both impaled on the back but still manage to give out final blow and eventually died due to massive blood loss.
I don't know Akame go kill and I probably not gonna watch it at this point

Edit: sorry for DD post...

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got an infractoon and all I have to say is: worth it.

Also, Nanatsu is actually getting interesting(???)
The Godesses are the real assholes, it seems
Let's see...
-Started the war
-Fantastic Racism against Demons
-Real assholes im general except Elizabeth
-No peace trwaty, going all out for genocide
-Those ****ing Archangels

Oh yeah, there's four Archangels too, and I think this is important because
>Seven Deadly Sins
>Ten Commandments
So what is missing?
>Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Guess I know what the final arc will be about

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just finished Earthbound for the first time! Honestly, I feel like I might have been overlevelled - Poo was in his sixties (mainly due to his unfortunate habit of dying at the very end of several boss fights), while Jeff and Paula were in the seventies and Ness was about 82. (Plus the power-up from getting all of the Sanctuaries, which gave him 350 extra PP - not sure if it's always that much)

The game was a lot of fun and really heartwarming (even calling Ness's parents at the end of the game put a smile on my face). I think I'll try another RPG that I've never beaten, but I don't know which one - I'm torn between Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy 7, or Pokemon Y.

(I could move on to Earthbound Beginnings or Mother 3, but I tried something similar with going from Fire Emblem Awakening to Fire Emblem Fates and I quickly felt burnt out)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I start to finish and catch up to the manga shortly after the first season starts.
I bought 9,10, 11, 12 and character book.
Well, I already got the recent Chinese official volume, sort of. Not sure if 13 is available or not.
I also got the official character book MHA Ultra Archive, it contains not only character bios but also some early concept sketches on some character:

Also...
Horikoshi said he run out of ideas for the end of page art, so he use it for practicing sexy artworks instead. He drew Mina in bikini in volume 9
Mina's tummy looks a bit weird...

More thought...
Also they way Kamina and Mamika died... is literally the same... they were both impaled on the back but still manage to give out final blow and eventually died due to massive blood loss.
I don't know Akame go kill and I probably not gonna watch it at this point

Edit: sorry for DD post...
MHA's English release only has 8 volume though the next one's coming in a few months

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I got an infractoon and all I have to say is: worth it.

Also, Nanatsu is actually getting interesting(???)
Nanatsu anime has been broadcasting so many time in my local Taiwan anime channel called Animax. So is Hunter X Hunter (2011), also MHA Chinese subb every week nearly on par with Japan broadcast time.
By the way, I start to watch Gurren Laggan after I watch Gaijin Goomba's video How Fandoms RUIN Anime, he pretty much talks about how fandom made Yoko being awesome in the anime turn into more fanservice in the manga. I am fine when it isn't official (Doujins), but official medias change for the sake of fandom could ruin a character sometimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_nurDfEq9M
I really like how Horikoshi handles with fandoms and fanservice, he puts it outside of the story (Like manga extra page, Twitter post etc.)
With how Gurren Laggan goes I want to put up my thoughts on the future of LWA if they are going to continue the series. LWA having a 7 or 10 year time skip isn't that far fetched now after watching Gurren Laggan, not saying it will happen I'm saying saying it will work if LWA have a second season that places in a decade after LWA.
MHA's English release only has 8 volume though the next one's coming in a few months
I might go to my local bookstore tomorrow and check if there is vol 13 or even 14.
Similar to One Punch Man Manga, the design of the manga is pretty innovative.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I've been waiting 20 years for this moment.

Lana = GOAT
Just watched that episode yesterday. Lana was awesome in that episode, especially when she battled that Totem Wishiwashi and got a Waterium-Z by the end of it.

Not to mention we had a repeat of someone asking Lana if Ash is her boyfriend, only this time, the question came from Olivia.

Lana's reaction lol.:laugh:

Last edited:

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
Welp. We are here with Splatoon 2 in our minds, so here's some questions.

1. Did you play Splatoon?
  2. Did you like it?
  3. What was your favorite part about it?
  4. Do you own a Switch?
  5. Do you want Splatoon 2?
  6. Do you like Callie?
  7. Do you like Marie?
  8. Do you like Pearl?
  9. Do you like Marina?
  10. Of the four which is your favorite?
  11. 2nd Favorite?
  12. Least favorite?
  13. Of the weapons outlined in Splatoon 2, which is your favorite main weapon?
  14. Sub Weapon?
  15. Special?
  16. Kid, Squid or Octopus?
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. Tough to say because, while I quite enjoyed the multiplayer, I never fully got into it (probably because I was late to playing it). I suppose I could say that I liked it the most, although I quite enjoyed the single player.
  4. Yes
  5. Yes
  6. Yes
  7. Yes
  8. Too early for me to decide
  9. ^
  10. Marie
  11. Again, a bit early to say, but I guess since I can't decide, Callie
  12. Idk
  13. Splat dualies
  14. Don't know much about the sub weapons
  15. Same with specials
  16. Squid

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh...Guardians in Master Mode are extra tricky I see...

There's goes two sheilds and two fairies before making a tactical retreat...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing I'm excited for future Splatfests are the themes that aren't Splatoon-themed or public domain.

Reminder that Splatoon 1 had Transformers, Pokémon, SpongeBob SquarePants, Miitomo, & Dragon Quest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

New OP visuals are SUPER NICE and blow the second OP's out of the water
Music is good but I prefer Peace Sign, it needs a hype moment at the end and this one drops at the end
BUT HOLY **** THAT ED 11/10 ENDING OF THE SEASON
Also, Deku is an absolute scrub, he mentioned Mega Man X for a wall jump comparison. Only need one wall
I watched it subbed and he didn't make any comparisons
These ****ing localisations are trash, how dare they TOUCH the original script!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Music is good but I prefer Peace Sign, it needs a hype moment at the end and this one drops at the end

Manga and anime have different copyright laws. The entrance exams even had Mario silhouttes in the manga and Thwomps were mentioned

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Once again I need to listen to the new OP a couple of times just to set my conclusion.
One last note about Gurren Laggan, I only watched Gurren Laggan up to episode 6 during the entire 2016 obviously, not because it was bad... despite episode 6 was a bit of an awful episode... I just didn't have time to watch it.. and accidentally forgot about it, and with many new animes coming I just didn't found the time and urge to watch it. Man I kind of felt regret for not finishing Gurren Laggan earlier, it was just so great.
Re:Creators episode 14 is on, but I am going to sleep soon, going to watch it tomorrow morning.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Just watched that episode yesterday. Lana was awesome in that episode, especially when she battled that Totem Wishiwashi and got a Waterium-Z by the end of it.

Not to mention we had a repeat of someone asking Lana if Ash is her boyfriend, only this time, the question came from Olivia.

Lana's reaction lol.:laugh:
Why does whatserface from Kalos pop up in the corner?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Why does whatserface from Kalos pop up in the corner?
You mean Serena?

Because it's supposed to take a funny jab at Serena getting triggered at another girl showing potential romantic feelings toward Ash. One of Serena's most defining traits during the XY/XY&Z anime was that she was the only traveling partner thus far to have a crush on Ash.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I popped over into the Smash 5 speculation thread to give my opinion on a few things...

Some of the posts before and after my post remind me of the reason why I left that particular thread...

Chrono.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
You mean Serena?

Because it's supposed to take a funny jab at Serena getting triggered at another girl showing potential romantic feelings toward Ash. One of Serena's most defining traits during the XY/XY&Z anime was that she was the only traveling partner thus far to have a crush on Ash.
so misty just dosent exist then?

Chrono.

Wasn't that limited to a non-canon 4Kids Christmas CD?
That and the dub in general added/edited certain lines to make it look like Misty has romantic feelings towards Ash.

Kinda backfired when Misty left for good.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I popped over into the Smash 5 speculation thread
Dear god...
to give my opinion on a few things...
No!

For real though, I don't go there anymore other than to check out the character Support threads or if I'm drunk and want to ****post there. Though now that its on the mind, how did that thread react to no Smash 5 reveal at E3?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I popped over into the Smash 5 speculation thread to give my opinion on a few things...

Some of the posts before and after my post remind me of the reason why I left that particular thread...
*checks*

Welcome to debate hell, enjoy your stay. :4villager:

Skimming over the general points of your post real quick, I do think to answer the question that it is a bit too harsh and unrealistic, but more or less I just feel that all Smash really NEEDS at least in order to sell is more characters considering the insane heights it's hype trains reach and due to it being unpredictable madness in general the only specific thing that can reasonably be expected is Inklings. Any other expectations are just going to end in frothing rage.

As far as calculating the best character choices, the Smash Ballot results they have sitting in a drawer somewhere and already expressed intent to use are probably going to be more useful than any quota. If they've got that down, the game will sell like hotcakes regardless of any QoL because to the casual market it runs off of brand power.

Hopefully that's not overthinking it because I think that thread may have been with a couple things. :4rob:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I wonder who all made super high scores in the Smash Ballot. Considering how much of a surprise it was that Bayonetta won, I'd be really interested in seeing like, the top 10 or something.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I wonder who all made super high scores in the Smash Ballot. Considering how much of a surprise it was that Bayonetta won, I'd be really interested in seeing like, the top 10 or something.
The main question we all have right now is if we'll ever get to see how the Smash Ballot went... it seems strange that Nintendo has been hiding it for this long.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The main question we all have right now is if we'll ever get to see how the Smash Ballot went... it seems strange that Nintendo has been hiding it for this long.
They're never going to show the actual results. I don't understand why some people thought they would...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom