• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder who all made super high scores in the Smash Ballot. Considering how much of a surprise it was that Bayonetta won, I'd be really interested in seeing like, the top 10 or something.
I imagine that considering the amount of time we've spent in the dark about Smash Switch there's a decent chance we're going to see a good chunk of the top ten.

But they won't actually tell us it was characters from the top ten and everyone except the possible veterans are going to be ripped to shreds for "not being who the fandom REALLY wanted."

Dramatic irony ensues. :denzel:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Ash x NotWinningTheLeague is the only ship that is canon.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
kinda falls apart seeing as there is one
In the games, yes, but it's yet to be revealed if there will be a Pokémon League in the S&M anime. The anime has been changing some stuff from the games, like the fact Trial Captains aren't the ones giving the Island Trials.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I played BotW on my brother's Switch again. Got a couple of hours out of it but it had to charge.

I'm getting more used to the feel of handheld mode. I would have tried the TV mode with both the Joy-Con grip and my Pro Controller but my sister was using the TV.

I mostly just climbed stuff and mucked around with some enemies. Kept blowing them off cliffs with bombs. Also ran into a Steppe Talus.

I explored quite a bit but I don't know how much it is in the grand scheme of things. I did hit a "you can't go here" barrier though which was a little disappointing.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Dear god...

No!

For real though, I don't go there anymore other than to check out the character Support threads or if I'm drunk and want to ****post there. Though now that its on the mind, how did that thread react to no Smash 5 reveal at E3?
To be completely honest, I ducked out of there before E3. I knew there wouldn't be a Smash revealed so I didn't really want to be there when the **** hit the fan.
*checks*

Welcome to debate hell, enjoy your stay. :4villager:

Skimming over the general points of your post real quick, I do think to answer the question that it is a bit too harsh and unrealistic, but more or less I just feel that all Smash really NEEDS at least in order to sell is more characters considering the insane heights it's hype trains reach and due to it being unpredictable madness in general the only specific thing that can reasonably be expected is Inklings. Any other expectations are just going to end in frothing rage.

As far as calculating the best character choices, the Smash Ballot results they have sitting in a drawer somewhere and already expressed intent to use are probably going to be more useful than any quota. If they've got that down, the game will sell like hotcakes regardless of any QoL because to the casual market it runs off of brand power.

Hopefully that's not overthinking it because I think that thread may have been with a couple things. :4rob:
Yeah, I agree. I can't say that all that stuff was absolutely NEEDED as I said, it was mostly stuff I felt it needed to warrant me purchasing the next game. Granted when the next game comes out I'll probably throw that all out the window and buy it anyways but still it never hurts to critical sometimes.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone just said I was "triggered" because I liked the NES version of Super Mario Bros 3 better than the Super Nintendo version

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
SMB3 on NES graphics looks cooler, more colorful and full of life imo.

D

Deleted member

Welp, so, RE:Creators OP 2 is GOAT
Oh hey, two new characters, where is Charon tho
Also, SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE THIS WOMAN A HUG

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
To be completely honest, I ducked out of there before E3. I knew there wouldn't be a Smash revealed so I didn't really want to be there when the **** hit the fan.

Yeah, I agree. I can't say that all that stuff was absolutely NEEDED as I said, it was mostly stuff I felt it needed to warrant me purchasing the next game. Granted when the next game comes out I'll probably throw that all out the window and buy it anyways but still it never hurts to critical sometimes.
Yeah, my general assumption is that the vast majority of people are either gonna cave and buy the next one anyway or they never would have touched Smash 5 in the first place regardless of what it will add or change, LOL.

The impulse of a Smash fan is to have a pool of well thought out criticisms, but all that passion's gotta come from somewhere and at the end of the day it's most likely either love or hate.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i feel bad for people who wait for arms to have its final roster before picking it up
especially if they are completionists se i decided to do that math of how many arms
you would need to get if you had all 600 and then stopped untill they added 10 more characters

1770 arms would be needed
the game would LEGIT have 2400 arms total when the roster hits 20 characters
or in other words the game would add three times the amount of arms currently in the game

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
so i feel bad for people who wait for arms to have its final roster before picking it up
especially if they are completionists se i decided to do that math of how many arms
you would need to get if you had all 600 and then stopped untill they added 10 more characters

1770 arms would be needed
the game would LEGIT have 2400 arms total when the roster hits 20 characters
or in other words the game would add three times the amount of arms currently in the game
Thabks for reminding me to ask for that on my birthday

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm curious if they'll allow amiibo in the BotW Any% run...The speedruns are usually a bit faster with amiibo...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So Ivanka stood in for Trump at the G20 summit.

What a ****ing disgusting display of incompetent nepotism. Yet again Trump is an international embarrassment.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
knd had a villain that stuffs kids with food and a villain that steals food from kids

and never had them interact

Would have been an interesting episode

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Whoever decided on the inverted color feature on the Switch is a fun and bloody genius.

If only you can post inverted color photos on social media...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom