• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
During a chat someone called someone else a beta cuck

So I asked if it was better to be a beta cuck or an alpha cuck

He said that's an oxymoron

So, I said then saying beta cuck is redundant

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Cuck has lost it's meaning tbh. It just means "person who I disagree with" these days. They probably used cuck as they're bored with calling people they disagree with autists

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Cuck has lost it's meaning tbh. It just means "person who I disagree with" these days. They probably used cuck as they're bored with calling people they disagree with autists
Maybe they stopped using autist because they finally realized that spectrumites have more social skills than they do.

. . .Probably not, though, I doubt anyone who needs to resort to insults that often has any self awareness.

*EDIT* I mean, I'm usually less self-aware the more I use insults, so the entire concept of insulting probably mentally blocks introspection out.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Psycho, that was amazing! :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But what the heck is Anarcho Communists?

How the heck can you have a communist state without government control?
During communism's heydays it was believed that communism was a natural, inevitable progression of mankind. In other words, people were naturally predisposed towards communism and capitalism was being forced onto them by Western governments. (I know, I know, sounds ironic.)

So the "free" people would naturally establish a communist society which would remove the need for a government.

The ultimate aim of communism according to Lenin was to establish communist societies all over the world, at which point national governments would be unnecessary and boundaries would cease to exist. Thereby establishing a global communist society.

Even as someone who likes Lenin, that's incredibly naïve about human nature and way too idealistic to be a reality.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Maybe they stopped using autist because they finally realized that spectrumites have more social skills than they do.

. . .Probably not, though, I doubt anyone who needs to resort to insults that often has any self awareness.

*EDIT* I mean, I'm usually less self-aware the more I use insults, so the entire concept of insulting probably mentally blocks introspection out.
most of the time the people that call others names are the ones that actually have the problem, not the person they call cuck/nazi/ect

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Sadly, the people who say cuck the most probably don't care about that

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I. . .I think Nintendo payed for fourth quarter ad placing upon reading the NeoGAF topic for the Superbowl ad a few pages.

Since I saw someone on NeoGAF who wasn't American had asked what that means, I'll explain just in case. Fourth quarter is the final quarter of an American Football game's time and usually the part people pay the most attention to. It's also the part advertisers have to pay the most for.

In other words, Nintendo paid for a more expensive spot at an already expensive event in order to get more views.
Nintendo probably spent close to $20 million.

In other words, the amiibo stash.

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

Little Witch Academia is the first show in a while that legitimately has me smiling during entire episodes, not because it's funny(it still is though, but it's more about the character interactions than jokes), but because it just has a general good vibe coming from it and I love it.
I'd wait for Netflix to put it up but...
>25 episodes
>Will only be avaible after it finishes airing
>They'll have to dub it all to english
>Prolly will take even more time to come out in other countries

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The fact Scrooge McDuck of all possible options is even confirmed to be showing up in DB means the leak is true.

Nope. It's not Cranky Kong. It's not Mr. Krabs (another common assumption). It's Shovel Knight.
I'm pretty sure shovel knight is stronger than scrooge. I imagine scrooge could summon gizmo duck for assistance but he's kind of incompetent

D

Deleted member

I don't get anarcho capitalists

They still want courts and jails, they just want them to be privately owned

Privately owned courts. That sounds fair and balanced.
I don't know if anyone remembers, but I actually debated that in the last thread with someone a few months back.

You need at least some government and regulations, anarchy can never last as there will always be groups of people that want power and control. If you get rid of government, another form of power and control will rise. Whether it be tribes, cults, clans, gangs or if you want to get creative, somethibg you'd see out of Mad Max movie. :p

And I find it funny that a lot of anarchists wouldn't even be fit for a world of anarchy. To be fair, the majority of people aren't because we're so adapted to society. But the people that'd be most fit are usually gangs and other criminals. That sounds pretty fun...

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Shovel Knight VS. Scrooge McDuck?

Come on, DB! Don't make me choose between my retro bros.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sadly, the people who say cuck the most probably don't care about that
The entire term pretty much reinforces that, although that's just me observing the obvious. It's victim blaming.

And I don't see it not ending up as victim blaming if the genders were reversed, either, except then the victim would be treated even worse.

Part of me wonders if all of them really understand what the term means or if they're just getting a pack mentality, but then this is probably different from situations like the normally extremely liberal NeoGAF rushing to the defense of teabagging en masse.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty sure shovel knight is stronger than scrooge. I imagine scrooge could summon gizmo duck for assistance but he's kind of incompetent
Scrooge is like Donald to where when he's pissed off, he's a force to be reckoned with.

Difference between them is that Scrooge doesn't fly off the handle as easily.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I. . .I think Nintendo payed for fourth quarter ad placing upon reading the NeoGAF topic for the Superbowl ad a few pages.

Since I saw someone on NeoGAF who wasn't American had asked what that means, I'll explain just in case. Fourth quarter is the final quarter of an American Football game's time and usually the part people pay the most attention to. It's also the part advertisers have to pay the most for.

In other words, Nintendo paid for a more expensive spot at an already expensive event in order to get more views.
So when Matt Ryan is driving down the field for the Game Winning Drive against the Patriots and a timeout is called and goes to commercial then we will get our Switch as.

Well Nintendo finally figured it out. Well not yet

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's totally going to be the story. Shovel knight is going to find treasure that was claimed by Scrooge

D

Deleted member

D

Deleted member

The entire term pretty much reinforces that, although that's just me observing the obvious. It's victim blaming.

And I don't see it not ending up as victim blaming if the genders were reversed, either, except then the victim would be treated even worse.

Part of me wonders if all of them really understand what the term means or if they're just getting a pack mentality, but then this is probably different from situations like the normally extremely liberal NeoGAF rushing to the defense of teabagging en masse.
When people use terms such as "autistic" or "cuck" as insult words, most people don't think about the word. It's just adapted into our language by other people around us using it. That's why even little kids tend to use cuss words despite not even understanding them, for instance. Or how when we get really angry we throw insults with not much meaning behind them. Not that I'm saying that I'm holier than thou or anything of the sort though, I have these words in my vocab too such as ****** and *****.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And he'll be somewhat calm about it, too. :p

At least, compared to this.....
http://imgur.com/gallery/q2JNP

That's what I'm thinking too.
That it is going to be like how the Knuckles vs. DK fight started.
Don Rosa and Carl Barks did the best Disney comics I've read, it's always great to read em, and makes the characters feel more human imo somehow

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What would be good choices for the FE Advance Wars game in the stats to replace magic and resistance?

Maybe resistance can stay.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dunno.

I kind of disagree. I think several Wii U titles could make it.
Any in particular? I'm open to the idea I've overlooked some, but really with most series it seems like a case of "more of the same", which doesn't preclude them from being very quality titles in some instances, but also (imo) doesn't really make them stand out. There's little new ground being tread.

Well, there's always Devil's 3rd for when AVGN style retro reviews come back.

I'd add Xenoblade Chronicles X to the standout (fortherightreasons) list but YMMV if it shook things up enough.
Sure, perhaps I should've clarified titles that would stand out in a good way... because as far as Nintendo's offerings go, there seem to be almost a disproportionate amount that stand out as questionable on the Wii U (Ultra Smash, SF0, Amiibo festival, Devil's Third, Color Splash...)

And I'm not saying XCX isn't a good title, but hypothetically in ten years, we have Xenoblade 2, maybe one or two more past that (because despite my predictions Nintendo really does seem to be doubling down on Xenoblade). In the series it won't be the biggest game, it won't be the most successful game, it won't be the highest reviewed game, it won't be the prettiest game, it probably won't have a character in Smash, it won't be the original that carved out the series... is it really going to stand out?

I think there's a couple that can make a "Greatest Hits" list even if I don't particularly care much for them.

Bayonetta 2
Maybe Super Mario 3D World
Splatoon
If it actually is good, BotW. Although, that may be treated more like a Switch game, like how Twilight Princess was seen more as a Wii game.

But, I feel like, that's it. Maybe a couple others, but for the most part it's just a small handful.
Maybe Bayo2, but I feel that'd be mostly due to the furor and fervour regarding its Nintendo exclusivity. From what I've seen, it reviewed pretty similarly to the first, was not as successful commercially, and was quite derivative. It's just that it was a new experience for many players given there wasn't a ton of overlap between audiences of the first and second previously. Again, I'm not saying it was bad.

I really don't know about SM3DW. Impressions I get is that it's a very good and very cookie-cutter and forgettable title. It's hardly held in the same caliber as 64, Sunshine, Galaxies, or probably Odyssey, which makes it seem unlikely to me.

I do agree with the last two. Though I think Splatoon is more important for what it did and what it meant than being a "quality title", because good though it was, honestly I think there were better games on the system. It was just infinitely fresher. Pun intended. :p

Lastly and imo I do think BotW will be treated more as a Switch game, like TP was with the Wii, as you said. That's how Nintendo is pushing it, and it's probably going to sell more copies on the Switch. But yeah, fwiw, I believe BotW will be looked back on with some degree of reverence. Unless somehow it all goes to ****...

Sure you have to give it time before you can really be sure.

But if you look at a lot of the games we consider to be "Greatest Hits" or "Classics" or whatever, they all do something, innovative, or different, or just better than everyone else. Something about them was different.

I don't really think there's a lot of Wii U games like that. A lot of them just feel, safe.
^good way of putting it. I agree.

Ah but we can't tell for sure at this point.

For example..

It wasn't seen as charming until like NGC era.

It was just weird.

Our perceptions of things change over time.
But it was a new IP for us. It was more than weird and charming (which it was also called back in the day), it was very different from normal RPG affair. This time around, past Splatoon, was else is going to qualify? W101? That game for sure has a cult, and may one day be looked upon more favourably... but relying on hypotheticals for the sake of what? One game? Maybe two?? Kind of proves the point.

I think many Taiwanese are way more obsessed with their own smartphones thanks to apps like LINE.
Oh I don't doubt that, I'm just saying whenever I use public transport everybody is also on their phones. I think the same can be said for many places all over the world.

By not being able to afford one or not wanting one, or losing one, or etc.
Or maybe your phone isn't supported by Nintendo.

I have a Smartphone, I have nothing to worry about personally. But that doesn't mean it's not an issue.

*mutes*
Unless you're a little kid I would think if you're able to get a Switch you'd be able to, or at least prioritize, procuring a smartphone. Not that I disagree with you about the service being stupid. Just speaking practicalities.

Glad I didn't have to be the one to say it. Barring Smash Bros, the only games I truly enjoyed on WiiU were 3rd Party. Deus Ex Directors Cut, Bayonetta 2, and MonHun 3 Ultimate.

A lot of the other 1st party felt very underwhelming for one reason or another. They were good. But they weren't WOW. WiiU in general just had a very underwhelming library, which is why I'm so salty about it being taken out back and shot in the head. Yeah yeah, "4 year cycles," but with a **** library.
To be clear, I enjoyed games on the Wii U. Some of them I currently believe to be the best in the series, like Smash. And probably MK8 (though not my fav MK). I definitely got my money's worth and don't for a second regret buying the system.

But those are the kind of games that are going to be supplanted by their sequels which just add more content and keep the rest relatively similar. It's already happening with MK8... and it'll probably happen with Smash too. And this is even before we get to MK9 and Smash 5...

And as for the rest, there were many good games. Some great games. But very little new. Or original, or different. And that's why it comes off boring to some. And why it may come off as forgettable down the road. Which also, btw, does no favours to Nintendo in attempting to increase their audience. In any case, I agree the Nintendo games, although not bad... were a bit underwhelming this time around. Though the library is not devoid of exception.

D

Deleted member

What would be good choices for the FE Advance Wars game in the stats to replace magic and resistance?

Maybe resistance can stay.
Probably chemical considering things like explosives and fire.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The only reasons that these happened where
A: "WAHWAH THE GAME I WANT IS ON THE WII POO"
B: Bayonetta 1 was included in dual packs and later put on the eshop, Bayonetta 2 had higher launch sales, and every copy then included the first game
A: I'm not going to fault anybody who doesn't buy a system simply because there's one game they want on it... I'd like to play a handful of XB1 titles but I'm not going to buy the system over it...
B: Even without the Wii U version, Bayo 1 sold more. Bayo 2 has a higher attach rate sure, but more people are familiar with the first. I haven't even seen sales of Bayo 1 post Bayo 2, but they're higher. Because they were higher back then than Bayo 2 is now...

Also that has nothing to do with it being as derivative as it was. Do you think I meant derided?

D

Deleted member

In episode 4 of LWA, there's a series of novels called "night fall" with 364 volumes with the 365th being released during the episode.
And until there, it just seems like an obvious parody of Twilight with its plot summary and long-running series.
The problem is that it's said the author of the books has been doing so for 120 years(which still isn't the problem because witches), so that means a total of 3 volumes on average are released constantly every year for 120 years.
How can anyone catch up to that?
I get that it's still just a parody but that's not the point here

Also, the show makes a good representation of internet trolls
"You twit"

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A: I'm not going to fault anybody who doesn't buy a system simply because there's one game they want on it... I'd like to play a handful of XB1 titles but I'm not going to buy the system over it...
B: Even without the Wii U version, Bayo 1 sold more. Bayo 2 has a higher attach rate sure, but more people are familiar with the first. I haven't even seen sales of Bayo 1 post Bayo 2, but they're higher. Because they were higher back then than Bayo 2 is now...

Also that has nothing to do with it being as derivative as it was. Do you think I meant derided?
I think I may have confused the words then, but I know for a fact Bayonetta 2 had a better launch week and the duo pack helped boost the first game's sales a lot

D

Deleted member

That could work. Would make sense since grenades replace magic and the flamethrower replaces dark magic.
And for the gun weapon triangle I'd recommend shotgun>rifle>machine gun>shotgun. Machine guns(SMG/LMG for instance) being the equivalent to swords, rifles(assault/semi for instance) being the equivalent to lances, and shotguns being the equivalent of axes. And then snipers would be like bows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom