• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I think the problem here is that people are looking to compare Yooka-Laylee to something at all.

Granted, that's Playtonic's own fault to a degree, but just take Yooka-Laylee as it's own game. It's a good game that has some flaws, don't get why people would compare it to Mighty No. 9.
Because, at their core, they're crowd funded games that heavily banked on nostalgia to get people interested.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think the problem here is that people are looking to compare Yooka-Laylee to something at all.

Granted, that's Playtonic's own fault to a degree, but just take Yooka-Laylee as it's own game. It's a good game that has some flaws, don't get why people would compare it to Mighty No. 9.
It SHOULD be compared to MN9 for one reason. How Yooka Laylee got the nostalgia pandering right and didn't add useless or annoying **** not from what people actually wanted. Did you know for example you can shoot diagonally in MN9 after performing an awkward jump?

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Yeah, just by looking at it Yooka-Laylie is already a much better game than Mighty Number 9. Though I wouldn't say comparisons are always such a bad thing. There's a lot of games out there so of course similarities are going to drawn somewhere. As for the two games themselves, Mighty Number 9 was just rubbing salt in the wound for Mega Man fans. Yooka-Laylie at least delivers to the Banjo-Kazooie fans somewhat.

D

Deleted member

If YL can't even look good compared to MN9, then we have a problem
The man's panhandle.

I don't know the ****ing word. Futanari?
See, this is why I didn't want to find out, 'cause I knew it wasn't going to be a complient

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Yooka-Laylee is at least finding its niche with people, mostly with Banjo fans.

Nobody was impressed with Mighty Number 9, not even Mega Man fans.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, that's kind of a puzzle.
Here's my answer to a message from the Smash Switch speculation discussion thread which would've been seen as being off-topic and I'm not able to post any message on the poster's profile either for some reason, so I quote it here:

Why did you have to put me on a situation like this??

So, Opossum confirmed to have **** taste?
:troll:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
See, this is why I didn't want to find out, 'cause I knew it wasn't going to be a complient
Oh don't bull**** me, you were indirectly curious. Otherwise you wouldn't of said anything. :4villager:

On other matters, I'm hearing mixed things about YL. Is it good or not? What's your guys' opinions?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because, at their core, they're crowd funded games that heavily banked on nostalgia to get people interested.
I mean in terms of how they ended up.

Mighty No. 9 is a bad game, full stop. And was a project hindered by Inafune's ambition in wanting to franchise the property so soon.

Yooka-Laylee seems to mostly be satisfying the people it was made for, if nothing else, and was an honest effort to just make a fun game.

There's a world of difference to how things went down for both games.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So, Bloodstained: Ritual of The Night by IGA and Shenmue III are the only kickstarter games remaining?

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
2 armoured RCMP vehicles entered the parking lot of where I am employed as I drove past.. why does the interesting stuff happen on my days off?

D

Deleted member

Oh don't bull**** me, you were indirectly curious. Otherwise you wouldn't of said anything. :4villager:

On other matters, I'm hearing mixed things about YL. Is it good or not? What's your guys' opinions?
I think it just looks like an average platormer, nothing all that special.

Also, I meant to bring this up awhile ago, but gaster in your avatar is so wide that he looks like Gru from Despicable Me.

D

Deleted member

Started watching Ajin
This is CG done right
Also, it has a Brazilian Portuguese dub and I approve of it

Nah, I was being honest, though I actually did know, I just wish I didn't
Because when you call a trans woman a "**** woman" we have a problem
Bruh if you kinkshame you either get kinkshamed back or kinked. Not to mention you tried to kinkshame Kurrkurr, who's pretty much the Kink Queen
I wasn't kinkshamed though
Like, you can't even kinkshame me effectively because being kinkshamed is a kink in itself

And Kurri deserved it, I don't want to see anyone sticking in their things into snakes
That includes fingers and tongues

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have finished the Samurai Jack comic books. Before I begin, there are two different types of the comics: "Samurai Jack" and "Samurai Jack Classics", each with different quality.

The "Samurai Jack" comics was a fantastic read. Running for 20 issues, I liked every page of it. All I read felt like something Genndy would've made into actual episodes (like seasons 1-4). Each issue was either a standalone tale or a multi-parter (well written either way). Some parts felt like they predicted some events in Season 5 (the comics ran from 2013-2015, fyi) though I have very high doubts the way issue #20 went down will be similar to whatever we have in store for the Season 5 finale (comics are non-canon). Samurai Jack fans should totally give these comics a try.

"Samurai Jack Classics", on the other hand, I didn't like. In 2 volumes, this contained the "Special Director's Cut" comic book (which retold the the first 3 episodes of the show) and a huge bunch of short comics collected from the "Cartoon Network: Action Packs" comic books. The problem is that almost all of these comics feel like terrible fan-fictions who don't fully understand what made the show great. And it doesn't help most of the settings felt like it took place in the 21st Century rather than a unique/creative future and a number of the time Jack did feel out of character. I really don't recommend reading this.

Now to enjoy the rest of Season 5.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, small problem with my Mario Resource Pack

I decided to add the actual NES palette to swatches in photoshop

And I notice a lot of the texture's I've been using, with are primarily ripped sprites and edits I've made

Aren't in the NES palette

So, I'm not sure why rips from an NES game aren't in the NES palette

But interestingly I've been using Sprites ripped from Super Mario Maker as well, and some of the colors in that are different from the Mario 3 rips, and actually closer to the NES palette but at the same time still not the NES palette either

D

Deleted member

Started watching Ajin
This is CG done right
Also, it has a Brazilian Portuguese dub and I approve of it

Nah, I was being honest, though I actually did know, I just wish I didn't
Because when you call a trans woman a "**** woman" we have a problem

I wasn't kinkshamed though
Like, you can't even kinkshame me effectively because being kinkshamed is a kink in itself

And Kurri deserved it, I don't want to see anyone sticking in their things into snakes
That includes fingers and tongues
Says the guy who can't accept that captors have feathers. Also, I know your kinks.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
This is a concept trailer for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, then known as Sonic Synergy.

I'll admit some of the concepts here look pretty interesting, such as using the Enerbeam as a slingshot.

Sad to see the game turn out the way it did. Ended up worsening Sonic's reputation.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to have to go through ALL the textures I've edited so far and make sure they conform to the NES color palette

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've gone through 2/3 of my loot boxes but have yet to get Genji's skin or Widowmakers..

But 10 of Lucio doing the handstand.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I talked with a friend of mine just now, and he told me that a smarty-pants guy in one of his classes told him that in Breath of the Wild, Link originally lived in Hateno Village, and he has to buy back his house for 3000 rupees and have a construction crew upgrade it.

Then my friend tells the smarty-pants guy that there's a specific shrine in the game that can only be found by standing on a weird hill and being struck by lightning.

I might try all of that while I'm on vacation. It all sounds a bit beyond my belief, but if both of the guys telling the stories were right, that would be pretty cool.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ks_that_track_down_Switch_vulnerabilities.php

Any of you guys experts at...pushing your Switches to the absolute limit so to say? Well Ninty themselves will give a nice some cash, provided you're the first to report a security exploit. Considering how early people have busted the system, I'm going to be watching this stuff as I find amusing.
Hmm, I knew eventually something like this had a chance to happen with that video last month that was trending at least #6 on Youtube about busted consoles.

Not sure its the same thing, but still.....

D

Deleted member

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/...ks_that_track_down_Switch_vulnerabilities.php

Any of you guys experts at...pushing your Switches to the absolute limit so to say? Well Ninty themselves will give a nice some cash, provided you're the first to report a security exploit. Considering how early people have busted the system, I'm going to be watching this stuff as I find amusing.
Does it count if you throw it out the window and say that it needs protection from falling?

D

Deleted member

It took 3 episodes for Ajin to introduce Stands
No, seriously, black ghosty things that can't be seen by normal humans
And they can freeze people around them with their screams
I feel like I'm watching Jojo Part 3 except with 500% more blood and death
I was joking. Relax.
Still doesn't change what you said
Says the guy who can't accept that captors have feathers. Also, I know your kinks.
What are captors? Pretty sure Sakura doesn't have any feathers tho

You know ****, you dirty lier

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm absolutely adoring Yooka Laylee so far, I don't understand the hate.

There are definitely some camera issues, though. Particularly the first boss has the absolute worst camera angle for what your're trying to do and the way the camera flips instantly makes you lose control of what you're doing, it does suck.

But it's still a minor gripe, I've mostly just played the first world and I'm still having a blast.

So have dataminers found the JonTron content in the 1.0 version of Yooka-Laylee?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=req-W-V1bNk
The voice was found. What a thing for people to get angry about.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I talked with a friend of mine just now, and he told me that a smarty-pants guy in one of his classes told him that in Breath of the Wild, Link originally lived in Hateno Village, and he has to buy back his house for 3000 rupees and have a construction crew upgrade it.

Then my friend tells the smarty-pants guy that there's a specific shrine in the game that can only be found by standing on a weird hill and being struck by lightning.

I might try all of that while I'm on vacation. It all sounds a bit beyond my belief, but if both of the guys telling the stories were right, that would be pretty cool.
The first sounds believable, the second is legit but you don't have to be struck by lightning, you can toss a metal weapon on it and it works the same.

D

Deleted member

It took 3 episodes for Ajin to introduce Stands
No, seriously, black ghosty things that can't be seen by normal humans
And they can freeze people around them with their screams
I feel like I'm watching Jojo Part 3 except with 500% more blood and death

Still doesn't change what you said

What are captors? Pretty sure Sakura doesn't have any feathers tho

You know ****, you dirty lier
Captors= Capcom+Raptors I guess

And Raptors = Rappers + Tractors

And don't lie, I remember your fetishes. One involves people naked only wearing aprons. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man the new D.va intro is amazing.
I have got to get that!

And what time is the direct EST timezone tomorrow?

D

Deleted member

Captors= Capcom+Raptors I guess

And Raptors = Rappers + Tractors

And don't lie, I remember your fetishes. One involves people naked only wearing aprons. :p
Says the guy who believes in patheolowhatevers

And my kinks involve loving and consensual intercourse
Also, suffering and the EOV localisation

D

Deleted member

And my kinks involve loving and consensual intercourse
Also, suffering and the EOV localisation
It's funny because my GF told me that intercourse is painful and she prefers to receive from the other end.

And of course you love suffering, that's why you always talk to me almost every day for some reason. :p

Also
>Paleowhatevers

And I'm suppose to believe that Raptors didn't babe feathers and were rappers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom