• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Wait, what's this United Airlines business?

*looks up*

OOPH.

Yeah, that's gonna be hard for another company to be worse than. Just. . .OOPH.

D

Deleted member

Look at Shikamaru from any Naruto fighting game. Unless my memory is wrong, that guy had shadow manipulation as his gimmick
Yep, Shikamaru (from the manga) was what initially gave me the idea.

I was reading about the Bakeneko, for ideas before I began designing her, and a few things that helped created the folklore of the two-tailed cat in Japan were that cats:
-created static electricity from their fur
(there's the shinespark)
-were sneaky and prowled the night
(gave me the idea for all the shadow-y stuff)
-and had eyes that glowed in the dark
(I'm thinking her finisher should probably take inspiration from the Naruto genjutsu, finishers are IKs, so might as well go all out with some really tripy illusion/hypnosis type thing).

D

Deleted member

Just saw the United Airlines thing because I didn't understand the joke
They basically just signed their death sentence with this

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The worlds has enough catgirls. The world needs more catboys
Better yet, a race of cat people where the males look like cute boys with cat ears and tails and the females look like anthro cats.

Considering the number of things that do the opposite, fair is only fair.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So I wanna give you guys my analysis on how Thor Ragnarok's plot will probably go. I'm not really sure if I'm spot on or even close but I'm gonna go ahead and spoiler it just in case.
So I think the movie's first act will take place on Earth and Asgard. I say this because these two settings are only seen with long-haired Thor. It'll probably open up with Thor finding out, or being told, about Loki masquerading as Odin. We'll probably see the two bickering back in forth until they agree to aid eachother in finding where exactly Odin is. They ask for help from Doctor Strange in locating him. Now this is the part I'm unsure about. Since Thor is wearing his traditional armor in the scene where Mjolnir is shattered the scene could take place as they're beginning to leave Earth or just arriving. I personally think something BIG just happened. Maybe even the death of Odin so I think this could be right before they leave to return to Asgard. The shock wave from the destruction of Mjolnir knocks Thor unconscious giving Hela the time to send Thor to Hell in chains, the scene we see at the very beginning. At which point Loki and Doctor Strange have to work together to free him from Hell because Hell exists on another plane of existance and by this point Strange is, persumably, the Sorcerer Supreme, or maybe not. This would be a really clever scene considering Strange sees Loki as a 'threat' and just doesn't really like him. After they free Thor they'll have to utilize Strange's sling-ring to get back to Asgard as Mjolnir is gone. I don't know how exactly he transported between Asgard and other realms but I believe it had something to do with Mjolnir, don't hold me to that though. Anyways, I think this'll be the last we'll see of Doctor Strange. Kinda like Spider-man in Civil War, he's there and gone. By the time they get back to Asgard though, all out war has already broken loose. Thor and Loki fight with what they have but Thor is ultimately defeated and knocked into Sakaar. Which is why Loki is absent from the first shot of the Junk Planet where Thor is just like 'Hello there'. Loki knowing he can't fight Hela on his own goes after Thor and attempts to free him from the Grandmaster. He arrives around the time Thor is chosen to enter the Gladiator Ring and tries to negotiate which the Grandmaster just ain't having. They manage to strike a deal, probably allowing Loki to take Thor is he survives the fight, which he obviously does, Grandmaster goes back on his deal and Thor, Loki, and Hulk (maybe Valkyrie too) are all forced to fight their way out. They then head back to Asgard for the final showdown with Hela. Now I don't think they'll actually be able to kill her, just defeat her. Credits roll and the mid-credits scene is Hela and Thanos discussing an agreement, they may even be in love. More credits roll and the Final credits scene is Thor, Hulk, Loki, and maybe Strange finally meeting with the Guardians of the Galaxy. If that's already shown at the end credits of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 then we may get a Captain Marvel tease considering we're going to see her in Infinity War, before her standalone.

A few extra notes:
  • There is a possibility they may run into Beta Ray Bill (Which I would ****ing love) on Sakaar. Considering Thor, Loki, Hulk, and Valkyrie, and even Strange altogether wouldn't necessarily be strong enough to combat Hela. I don't see it particularly likely but if they want the good will of EVERY Thor fan they'll do it.
  • We MIGHT could get a tease of Nova in this movie. I think Nova is a little too, um, extravagant to show up in a Guardians Cameo so this movie would be the best time. Unless of course they save him for Guardians 3. Which is confirmed by the way.
  • They might end up on Earth at the end of the movie, nullifying the chances of a Guardians peak but nearly solidifying a Captain Marvel easter egg and the reappearance of Strange. This would be a nice touch as Strange's main goal was to get Loki OFF of Earth, only for them to return after Asgard is destroyed.
  • I think Asgard will be totally wiped out forcing the citizens of Asgard to find shelter on other planets like Xandar. I think it would really solidify the movies title of Ragnarok as Ragnarok is the destruction of the gods and Asgard.
  • I definitely think we'll get some Guardians stuff in the movie if Guardians 2 doesn't do some Thor stuff in it or its credits. Either way, all the end credits from here on out will be leading into Infinity War. Which makes me even more curious as to what Black Panther, the last movie before Infinity War, is going to do for its end credits.
  • I also am almost sure we will not see the Soul Gem in this movie. I think one gem per franchise is good for world building. I think we'll see it in Black Panther instead as the Wakandan people are all about their religious beliefs and their mystical but advanced culture is a good fit for the Soul Gem
These next two years are going to a big deal for comic book fans. Especially Marvel fans.

I do kinda feel bad for Justice League and even Wonder Woman as I feel the hype from Spider-man Homecoming and Thor Ragnarok are going to drown those two out. I'm personally not going to see Justice League because I'm still salty about the lack of The Martian Manhunter and DCEU's writers opinions towards the character. Plus, they have Cyborg instead of Green Lantern? Like what? I know the DCEU is trying their best but their best just ain't good enough...

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
@Shishœ
By the way I found this fanart a while ago.
IMG_20170207_170529.jpg

Gosh in this fanart, Diana looks more like Croix...

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
A few extra notes:
  • There is a possibility they may run into Beta Ray Bill (Which I would ****ing love) on Sakaar. Considering Thor, Loki, Hulk, and Valkyrie, and even Strange altogether wouldn't necessarily be strong enough to combat Hela. I don't see it particularly likely but if they want the good will of EVERY Thor fan they'll do it.
  • We MIGHT could get a tease of Nova in this movie. I think Nova is a little too, um, extravagant to show up in a Guardians Cameo so this movie would be the best time. Unless of course they save him for Guardians 3. Which is confirmed by the way.
  • They might end up on Earth at the end of the movie, nullifying the chances of a Guardians peak but nearly solidifying a Captain Marvel easter egg and the reappearance of Strange. This would be a nice touch as Strange's main goal was to get Loki OFF of Earth, only for them to return after Asgard is destroyed.
  • I think Asgard will be totally wiped out forcing the citizens of Asgard to find shelter on other planets like Xandar. I think it would really solidify the movies title of Ragnarok as Ragnarok is the destruction of the gods and Asgard
  • I also am almost sure we will not see the Soul Gem in this movie. I think one gem per franchise is good for world building. I think we'll see it in Black Panther instead as the Wakandan people are all about their religious beliefs and their mystical but advanced culture is a good fit for the Soul Gem
- I am 100% on Beta Ray Bill, though with all the characters already being introduced he might be a bit crowded in there.

-I'm not sure on the nova thing, because I'm pretty sure Marvel said in the past they wanted Peter Quill to be the only Terran in space (I could be wrong on that).

-Ehhhh, there's a good chance of seeing the Soul Gem IMO, considering how Hela's the goddess of the Dead

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
- I am 100% on Beta Ray Bill, though with all the characters already being introduced he might be a bit crowded in there.
I see what you mean but they did succeed quite admirably in debuting not only Black Panther but also Spider-man in Civil War which I think Thor Ragnarok is Thor and Hulks 'Civil War Movie' a 'not avengers' avengers movie. So debuting Beta Ray Bill and Valkyrie in this movie wouldn't be too far out there.
-I'm not sure on the nova thing, because I'm pretty sure Marvel said in the past they wanted Peter Quill to be the only Terran in space (I could be wrong on that).
Well, Bruce Banner is technically in space so.
-Ehhhh, there's a good chance of seeing the Soul Gem IMO, considering how Hela's the goddess of the Dead
True but I think it would be better suited in Black Panther as to give that movie a bit of connectivity with the rest of the MCU as well as giving BP a reason to fight in the Infinity War. If it was his duty to protect the stone, obviously he'd feel obligated to fight because of how it would be used by Thanos.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
How the crap do you get a scale off Dinraal? I pelted it with arrows and nothing.
It should be obvious if you hit it since you'll see a glow where the arrow struck...then pay attention to where the glow falls...
Dinraal then disappears into the sky...

Unless you did hit it and you just missed where it fell...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Are you sure you're aiming right?

Just hitting the body with a single arrow is what it takes to get a scale off of any dragon.
You may have messed it up. Keep shooting at his body and you'll get it.
It should be obvious if you hit it since you'll see a glow where the arrow struck...then pay attention to where the glow falls...
Dinraal then disappears into the sky...

Unless you did hit it and you just missed where it fell...
I'm right above it all I see on my screen is Dinraal. I shot it 5 times and I didn't see the glow or hear the noise.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm right above it all I see on my screen is Dinraal. I shot it 5 times and I didn't see the glow or hear the noise.
Then you missed him, simple as that.

You have to consider that the arrows you shoot tend to be affected by the laws of physics after a certain distance... unless you have a Twilight or Ancient Bow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Felt good to get some drawing practice done today. Still got a ways to go, but progress is progress nonetheless.

D

Deleted member

Good taste. Lamias are infinitely times better than cat people.

I want a big, long, cute Lamia to coil around me and snuggle.
#StopKinkshamingKurri
It's not like she's the weirdo who likes underaged kids, snake cloacas or "it's hard being a cuck and I'm proud of it".
Or, you know, straight
It seems I have misjudged you, so I'll take back what I said and base my stance on the full picture
#KinkshameKurri'sKinks
Wait, no, that didn't come out right
#KinkshameTheSnake****er

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

It seems I have misjudged you, so I'll take back what I said and base my stance on the full picture
#KinkshameKurri'sKinks
Wait, no, that didn't come out right
#KinkshameTheSnake****er
Hmph! More Lamia snuggles for me then.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Anyone with a PS4.

Is Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare just being handed out today for free or something?

Because it started downloading after I finished some maintenance on it and turned it on. Says I own the game now, and I certainly didn't buy it.

D

Deleted member

*looks at avatar*

So I see you prefer catboys over catgirls, then? :4megaman:
Did you just assume that Incineroar's gender? [/triggeredsjw]
:V

Good taste. Lamias are infinitely times better than cat people.

I want a big, long, cute Lamia to coil around me and snuggle.
Same. They give such great hugs.

You know what, do it, just ****ing do it but don't come complaining when all of your bones are crushed
Fun fact; constrictors do not actually break bones. :V

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Ugh the RAM stick I ordered is incompatible with my computer. Time to return that one and order a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom