• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I got to ask; Is this some form of new policy or something? You're the only mod I've seen type this in reminder posts in all the years I've been here. Just curious.
Whatever it is, you just broke the rule.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
It's because people constantly question what I say, which undermines my authority, which also means other people don't take the mod statements seriously. The disclaimer actually helps prevent this.

It's just how I mod specifically, though.
Its enforcement of a video game forum. Nobody takes it seriously. :troll:

Joking aside, yeah okay I can see what you mean. Forgive me, I was just curious is all. Just trying to keep up with the rest of y'all.
Whatever it is, you just broke the rule.
2017-03-13_10-42-54.jpg

Well, ****!

EDIT: That's a dog treat by the way. :4megaman:

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yeah, except no. Scrub Meis are still pretty inept at taking out even the faster heroes like Solider and Sombra.

Symmetra does some damage for me because of her long range but even she falls pray to the overpowered queen of Ice.

The character simply needs a giant ****ing nerf or retooling. She's essentially a beginner's cheat box as is.
Symmetra's buffed left click does give me a pain many times when I use Soldier 76, maybe it just me suck though, since I lose many match (Went to probably longest losing streak I ever had in Quick Play) when playing as Soldier 76, I use him a lot and even won a lot before, I did a rambling a while ago but no one noticed...
There's something wrong with my Soldier...

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ugh.

I feel like I've been itching for a fight lately.

Anyone here good at meditation? I need some pointers, gotta clear my head.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ugh.

Do you like Minecraft? I play that when I'm frustrated. Its really relaxing for me because it takes my mind off of reality and puts me in a world where I can express myself creatively.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Do you like Minecraft? I play that when I'm frustrated. Its really relaxing for me because it takes my mind off of reality and puts me in a world where I can express myself creatively.
I do indeed. Run a little family B-Team server and everything.

But tonight's one of my office nights, so I'm nowhere near my own computer, and I can't slap Minecraft on this one.

D

Deleted member

Ugh.

I'm no expert by any means, but I know a few tips.(And I have taken yoga classes.) First of all, breathing in and out slowly, which sounds cliche(Usually for three long seconds each), but it does really does help if you're frustrated. It's also one factor in why the act of smoking relaxes people, since you are breathing in and out in slow pace.

Then I'd recommend doing something that gets your mind off of the matter completely, like playing a calming game. As long as it's not a game that frustrates you or is difficult.

The afterwards after you've calmed down you can think about the issue in a more rational manner.

Edit: Ah, office work, I see. Similar to my job. Well in that case, it depends on what you do at the office. But I'd most likely say to just focus on the job, that usually calms me down.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I recommend apathy to combat against rage.

Yeah, the world sucks. But what are you going to do about it? You're not even a speck in the universe and you have a finite lifespan.

D

Deleted member

You are not Oasis.

If you were, you would have said Gabara. And not ironically. :p
Eugh, good thing I'm not then, Gabara is the worst. I was going to jokingly say him, but then I decided to allude to my old username I've wanted to change forever since Megalon isn't even my favorite kaiju from the Godzilla franchise.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Y'know, I've seen "Game Theory" videos talking about how much gold coins are worth in Mario

Well, if you've ever played Super Mario Bros 3 it CLEARLY shows that each gold coin is worth a dollar
You're forgetting a single, yet major detail
Matpat doesn't care about researching anything
Ugh.

There's this one asshole I know you can go beat up
It's because people constantly question what I say, which undermines my authority, which also means other people don't take the mod statements seriously. The disclaimer actually helps prevent this.

It's just how I mod specifically, though.
Personally, I'd rather talk it out with the mod than use the pathetic service thing because I've had times where it's taken a month to get a single reply. I'm also STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER ON THE ALTERNATIVE ACCOUNT PRIVILEGE I HAVE FOR HAVING PREMIUM DESPITE ASKING OVER A YEAR AGO
The complete lack of skill it takes to be good at Mei in Overwatch is completely infuriating. They need to nerf her into oblivion. She's too viable to the point that a basic nobody can pick up Overwatch and just disrupt the gameplay of pretty much every other character.
Lack of skill needed aside, remember she's a 3 star difficulty according to the game. I remember hearing that people wanted some balance changes to WoW but Blizzard thinks that their fans only think they know what they want whereas Blizzard themselves knows what's best. So don't expect a Mei nerf any time soon, especially as when they tried nerfing Triple Tank they only really ended up nerfing Reaper
I call shenanigans on the grounds that I get my *** ripped apart every time I play Mei.

It got so bad I switched over to a focus on Lucio.

Counterpick something that engages at medium range and moves faster than Roadhog and you'll clean scrub Meis right up.

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry, not sorry.
Or you're just a scrub. I saw a team of JUST Mei win a match

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG George Washington wasn't the first president of the US

"John Hanson" was

Washington was just the first president after the declaration of Independence was created.

John Hanson was president under the Articles of the Confederation

Washington was given the title "First President" for symbolic reasons because his success was often more myth than fact

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Or you're just a scrub. I saw a team of JUST Mei win a match
Oh, I'm totally a scrub.

But that's my point.

It must take at least some skill to win with Mei, or I, a person with apparently no Mei skill to speak of, could do it.

"John Hanson" was

Washington was just the first president after the declaration of Independence was created.

Washington was given the title "First President" for symbolic reasons because his success was often more myth than fact
I mean. The two offices weren't really the same.

The President of the United States in Congress Assembled was a glorified moderator and held no real power, he just ratified what Congress did. The successor under the Constitution, the POTUS, has actual power - the ability to veto, executive actions, and the like - and Washington was the first to hold that title after the Constitution came into force in 1789.

Besides, if you want to make a case for John Hanson as first president, why not Samuel Huntington? He held Hanson's office a year before Hanson did.

BWAAAHAAAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAA
SHIA LEBOUF'S NEW MOVIE GROSSED 8.70 OVER THE WEEKEND
NOT 8.70 MILLION
BUT 8 DOLLARS AND 70 CENTS
Read about that earlier.

That was just in the UK. It was shown in one theater, one ticket was sold, and it grossed £7 as a result.

Stateside it made $450,000. Which...still ain't a ton, movie-wise.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, I'm totally a scrub.

But that's my point.

It must take at least some skill to win with Mei, or I, a person with apparently no Mei skill to speak of, could do it.

The President of the United States in Congress Assembled was a glorified moderator and held no real power, he just ratified what Congress did. The successor under the Constitution, the POTUS, has actual power - the ability to veto, executive actions, and the like - and Washington was the first to hold that title after the Constitution came into force in 1789.

Besides, if you want to make a case for John Hanson as first president, why not Samuel Huntington? He held Hanson's office a year before Hanson did.

Read about that earlier.

That was just in the UK. It was shown in one theater, one ticket was sold, and it grossed £7 as a result.

"some biographies of Hanson have made arguments that Hanson was actually the first holder of the office of president since he began serving following the first election for a full one-year presidential term once the Articles of Confederation was ratified in 1781.[1]"

apparently

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
"some biographies of Hanson have made arguments that Hanson was actually the first holder of the office of president since he began serving following the first election for a full one-year presidential term once the Articles of Confederation was ratified in 1781.[1]"

apparently
Oh I know, I read it too.

It's a fascinating historical footnote. Honestly wasn't aware there was an office of President before the President.

Still don't agree with Stiverson's take, but hey, I learned something tonight.

Aaaaaand there it is~
Just doing my contractually obligatory pop culture references for the evening.

I mean duty.

Just doing my duty.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Aonuma says that the open world formula should be a future standard for the Zelda franchise.

Do you all agree with this?

https://zeldauniverse.net/2017/04/04/aonuma-believes-that-all-future-zelda-games-will-be-open-world/
I haven't payed it, but BotW looks really fun, so I'd say keep it that way.

I don't know about MvCI.

But I do wanna know more about Fighting Layer EX.
I know they're probably saving MvCI stuff for E3, but damn, at this point I'd take character silhouettes at this point. Anything to combat the boring af speculation we have going on /r/mvci and on SRK -_-

D

Deleted member

I'm 33. I was taught that over 20 years ago. Do you think I remember every tiny little thing I'm taught? No, I don't. I didn't have an interest in biology. So I'm not going to think of that stuff. If it weren't for that chart that posted earlier, I wouldn't have remembered, and nothing you said gave me any information to help me remember. Next time just assume they might've made a mistake and explain why it's a mistake and what the correct thing is. You'll notice it's far more helpful at that point.

Also, many people don't have a proper education. Thankfully I did, but what would happen if I didn't? Let's say I dropped out or never was able to go to school. Now tell me, how is "You should've been taught this" helpful in any situation? What does that actually tell them at all? The answer is absolutely nothing.

Next time you want to talk to someone who clearly is wrong, give reasons they are, and don't pull a "you should know this" card. It's honestly entirely useless in a good debate and does nothing to help anyone.

I'm going to say that when it comes to stuff everybody should know, it's entirely contextual. For being on this site, you should know the rules so you don't break them or cause drama. That's important. If somebody doesn't know something here beyond that? That doesn't matter. They can learn. If they misremember? Give information to help them remember. The most important part of a debate is being constructive. Basically acting like everybody would know this is honestly very unhelpful and just annoying to others at best. Now please next time provide proper information for those who don't know or can't remember so the conversation can actually be constructive in itself. And yes, this is kind of a major requirement to really debate. A debate is worthless if it doesn't add constructive points, after all.
Never assume common sense is common among everyone in the world. That's a bad way to debate.

If they don't know, explain. If they do know, cool. It's understandable he thought it was common sense. However, that doesn't make it a constructive point to make either way and still adds nothing of use to the conversation. The point is to always try to help somebody remember or teach them something if they're wrong.

I stopped using common sense as a legit point when I realized that it's actually subjective. What's easy for one person to understand may not for another. People think differently. Could be mental issues, different opinions, etc. I get why he said it. But it still was an issue because it provided nothing constructive.

And yes, you have to remember that education has changed a lot. As you said, some things aren't as emphasized. Hell, I don't remember anything about Biology outside of high school, and about all I remember at best was DNA stuff, and barely. I'm pretty sure Math, Health, Gym, and Social Studies were significantly higher points at where I went to. Another thing is that I went to Catholic Schools. Evolution was definitely not a high priority due to that at the time. Thankfully that's changed a lot, but it wasn't when I went there. I don't remember honestly any Biology stuff during Grade School. Now, it could be because I had zero interest in it, or it was because it wasn't taught properly. I don't remember. But yeah, as you said, different priorities now.
I know I'm super late to this but calm down, as Aluxard said, I was surprised.
I don't know how your school taught you or anything but bugs being animals is something we know as common sense here. I had a bunch of children's books about animals and they'd always have them and I was taught they were because they moved and stuff(the children's tales also propbably helped as they were anthropomorphized as much as other animals) so it's something I've known for as long as I can remember. My friends knew it and so did everyone around me and this was the first time I found someone who didn't know it, so again, as I said, I was surprised, I wasn't trying to be condescending or anything so sorry if it came off as that.

And as a side point, if you can't remember or weren't taught that, then your education system failed you if they couldn't teach you such a simple thing
BWAAAHAAAHAAHAHAHAAAAAAA
SHIA LEBOUF'S NEW MOVIE GROSSED 8.70 OVER THE WEEKEND
NOT 8.70 MILLION
BUT 8 DOLLARS AND 70 CENTS
Oh, I'm totally a scrub.

But that's my point.

Read about that earlier.

Still, the fact one ticket was sold for that movie in a theather is still pretty funny
Now the person who watched it can spoil everyone else in their town

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Arachnids are also arthropods.

I get triggered whenever someone says a spider is a bug. Though, it's mainly dumb villains in Spider-Man cartoons.
I'm trying to think up some weird characters for my cartoon. The first animal person the 2 main characters meet is a pig conman by a bay. His name in the credits would be "Bay Con". :p
You should add a penguin character.

"John Hanson" was

I read this in a book once that had facts about all the presidents once, and I've remembered it ever since. I've even tried to tell my sisters about it, but they wouldn't believe me.

George Washington's teeth weren't made of wood. They're elephant tusks and gold.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man....I don't know what's more confusing...

The Classification of Living Things

or Breath of the Wild's Timeline placement...
(seriously though there's so many damn contradictions in BotW it's not even funny, and it's hard to tell if some evidence is actual evidence or if it's just an easter egg or reference, I still think it's Child timeline though)
What if it's like the convergence of the 3 lines?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Arachnids are also arthropods.

I get triggered whenever someone says a spider is a bug. Though, it's mainly dumb villains in Spider-Man cartoons.

You should add a penguin character.

I read this in a book once that had facts about all the presidents once, and I've remembered it ever since. I've even tried to tell my sisters about it, but they wouldn't believe me.

George Washington's teeth weren't made of wood. They're elephant tusks and gold.
He also made dentures made from the teeth of his slaves and paid them 1/3 the price he'd get from any other source

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Personally, I'd rather talk it out with the mod than use the pathetic service thing because I've had times where it's taken a month to get a single reply. I'm also STILL WAITING FOR AN ANSWER ON THE ALTERNATIVE ACCOUNT PRIVILEGE I HAVE FOR HAVING PREMIUM DESPITE ASKING OVER A YEAR AGO
Then take it to PM instead. Whether you mean situations that happen here, or your current question. That's what they're there for.

@Shishœ
You probably missed that that conversation related to you was declared off-topic and to keep it to PM's(it was after my original reply to you, so I didn't expect you to see it that easily). Either bring it there or drop it. One and only time I will tell you this. Do not reply about that to me at all unless it's through a PM about the subject.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Just to let you all know. The first Final Fantasy VII poll is being worked on as we speak. I've got all the characters planned, even some that feel redundant because of a clone policy and another because of her big break (too soon).

Stay tuned. Oh, and the best clown villain husbando won. Eat that Ultros. :troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Just to let you all know. The first Final Fantasy VII poll is being worked on as we speak. I've got all the characters planned, even some that feel redundant because of a clone policy and another because of her big break (too soon).

Stay tuned. Oh, and the best clown villain husbando won. Suck on that Ultros. :troll:
Fixed. All peace is restored.

And I know which two you are talking about. They both play a big role in Crisis Core, a PSP game I've always wanted to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom