• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I'm going to go ahead and repost this since I feel it was generally overlooked. I really want Y'all's opinion on this. If y'all would be up for watching and hanging out with me in my chat then I think others might too and I'd love to do it. If what I'm doing ends with an empty chat and no one to hang out with though I don't really want to do it. Please, guys, give me your input I really want to hear from y'all.
Been thinking about streaming a lot lately. I've heard it's a whole lot of fun and I'd love to do it but first I need to find out if my computer is up to snuff, find a game(s) I want to stream, and of course gauge interest from you guys. I'm thinking about starting out my streams with a Live Stream of the next Direct, whenever the hell that'll be, not a reaction stream. I might give some input on the games and things like that but I would prefer my stream to be a 'hang out' type deal where I talk with the chat on what they think about it. Other than that I would love to do a 'Marathon Series' of sort where I play games from a franchise leading up to the new game. Sonic Forces and Super Mario Odyssey would be my first Marathon Runs so you guys would get to see me suffer through games like Sonic '06 and Boom.

tl;dr I want to stream but I don't want to stream with an empty chat. What do you guys think should I go for it? Would ya'll be mildly interested? I'd be glad to hear any input, negative or positive.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm going to go ahead and repost this since I feel it was generally overlooked. I really want Y'all's opinion on this. If y'all would be up for watching and hanging out with me in my chat then I think others might too and I'd love to do it. If what I'm doing ends with an empty chat and no one to hang out with though I don't really want to do it. Please, guys, give me your input I really want to hear from y'all.
I'm afraid I generally don't have the ability to be on streams as all I can use is a gamepad for internet and my modem's busted, I'm using the school's computor to post this after all

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Just letting you know it's Kirby's 25th anniversary
And he ia having a orchestra concert

In a April I believe
With ALOT OF MERCH

Compared to Metriod now days
Kirby is becoming as big as DK or more

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I have one more final.

And of course, I couldn't sleep a wink.

Isn't this just great.
You have finals already?
Id watch it~ I watch streams all the time

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Lightning, easily.

Especially later Lightning where she's basically Jesus.
I know alot of people will say Lightning. Which is not surprising in the least. Ironically, both Saber and Lightning are voiced by the same JP voice actor last time I checked. Also the fact that Lightning isn't her real name, much like Saber isn't the real name of the character.

That being said, for gender shenanigans, I would love to say Faris("AND LADIES WHO DRESS LIKE MEN!"). But sadly, Faris isn't really specific when it comes to abilities compared to FFVI and ongoing where characters start becoming more distinct in gameplay. Faris does have the job system compared to later characters, but until she gets an appearance and moveset in a Dissidia game, she's mostly everything/anything goes, whereas Bartz got a distinguished character thanks to Dissidia.
Forgot to ask both of you this question earlier, but this was something that just crossed my mind.

Who do you think would win in a Death Battle against each other? Saber or Lightning?

Something tells me Lightning might just pull through if she is supposed to have god-like powers, but I could be wrong.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'll repost in case the alerts were being messy again.

I would probably watch. Depends on the game though, of course. I wouldn't watch if it were a game I intend on playing one day, but don't want spoilers on.

IMO, streaming some matches in a multiplayer game like Smash or Mario Kart would serve as the best thing for a test stream, since spoilers can't be an issue then. They also have a lot of fast moving action which is good for testing how the bit rate holds up on your stream.

I would recommend using YouTube to stream unless you intend to pay for a premium membership on Twitch or become a Twitch partner.
If you want to PM me about help, feel free.

One quick note as well - if you have access to a PS4 at all, I recommend testing out streaming on that first. It has a built in streaming service that allows you to stream directly to Twitch and YouTube. The quality is pretty good, and if you already have a PS4 anyway, it's a good way to test if your internet is capable of handling streaming before you spend money on equipment to stream other consoles. Though since you mentioned streaming games like Sonic '06, I assume you already have the equipment necessary for other consoles.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Been thinking about streaming a lot lately. I've heard it's a whole lot of fun and I'd love to do it but first I need to find out if my computer is up to snuff, find a game(s) I want to stream, and of course gauge interest from you guys. I'm thinking about starting out my streams with a Live Stream of the next Direct, whenever the hell that'll be, not a reaction stream. I might give some input on the games and things like that but I would prefer my stream to be a 'hang out' type deal where I talk with the chat on what they think about it. Other than that I would love to do a 'Marathon Series' of sort where I play games from a franchise leading up to the new game. Sonic Forces and Super Mario Odyssey would be my first Marathon Runs so you guys would get to see me suffer through games like Sonic '06 and Boom.

tl;dr I want to stream but I don't want to stream with an empty chat. What do you guys think should I go for it? Would ya'll be mildly interested? I'd be glad to hear any input, negative or positive.
Just go for it. Asking if people would be interested could end up in disappointment as many times they still don't show up. There'll be empty streams at first, and it could prove discouraging, push through it. The audience builds when there's regularly streamed, entertaining content.

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
One streaming tool that's free I would recommend is the OS, which also doubles as a thing to record for videos on your computer. It's free and has more options than those tools that are like "Oh it's free but you gotta pay do something good with it".

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I can tell some of your are going to crucify me for this but Tastu won. Part of it is mostly because he's a familiar character and got a funny personality despite his JarJar tier hate. Good thing no real salt happened yet.

This will be the last Xenoblade X related poll I will do since it involve the racist antagonists that want to please humanity. Your choices are Ryyz, Goeta, Luxaar, and Dagahn. Keep the spoilers to a minimum since not every player have gotten far in the game.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Next will definitely be Xenoblade 2. Expect some guess work and speculation since we only know little of the game and its protagonists.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
When are we going to have the day that people complain about Metroid bias?

Still waiting...
What we should really be talking about is the blatant Advance Wars bias by Sakurai

I mean think about how much stuff that series gets in Smash Bros. It has ONE whole AT and ONE whole trophy. If that doesn't scream bias then I don't know what does. Poor FE only has 6 characters and like 3 stages.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I can tell some of your are going to crucify me for this but Tastu won. Part of it is mostly because he's a familiar character and got a funny personality despite his JarJar tier hate. Good thing no real salt happened yet.

This will be the last Xenoblade X related poll I will do since it involve the racist antagonists that want to please humanity. Your choices are Ryyz, Goeta, Luxaar, and Dagahn. Keep the spoilers to a minimum since not every player have gotten far in the game.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Next will definitely be Xenoblade 2. Expect some guess work and speculation since we only know little of the game and its protagonists.
Inb4 Goetta and Ryyz wins because "we need moar female villains". Honestly, I felt the antagonists were a huge step down from the first game, unmemorable and had little impact on the already thin plot. Hope Xenoblade 2 can fix that.

I just don't see why people like that useless tater tot...

D

Deleted member

Holy ****

he last summer of the 20th Century. That day, the human beings learn that they are not the only ruler of the planet Earth.

The appearance of the giant living creatures “Kaiju's” and the ultimate existence that destroys all monsters: Godzilla. Through the battle against kaiju’s that lasted for half a century, human beings has experienced continuous defeat, and finally plans to escape from the Earth. And in 2048, only those who were selected by the A.I. managed under the central government boarded the inter-sidereal emigrant spaceship “Aratrum” to head for “Tau Cetus e”, the planet beyond the distance of 11.9 light-year. However, the environmental condition differences between that of the Earth and Tau e, which they finally arrived after 20 years were far beyond the predicted numbers, and was not an environment considered to be habitable by human beings.
The young man on the emigrant ship: Haruo, who saw his parents killed by Godzilla in front of his eyes when he was 4 years old, had only one thing in his mind for 20 years: to return to the Earth and defeat Godzilla. Shut out from the possibility of emigration, as the living environment in the ship deteriorates, the group of “Earth Returnists” led by Haruo became the majority, and determines to head back to Earth through a dangerous long-distance hyperspace navigation.
However, the Earth they have returned has already passed the time of 20,000 years, and has become an unknown world with the ecosystem reigned by Godzilla.
At the end, will human beings win back the Earth? And what will Haruo see beyond his fate…?
You weebs probably just like this because it's an anime.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

You weebs probably just like this because it's an anime.
Nah, it's because it's written by the same guy who brought us "magical lesbian girls suffering" and "good premise now with 100% less generic anime tropes and 100% more suffering"

InsaneAlchemist

Smash Cadet
Eh, I probably wouldn't watch the Godzilla anime. Really, the only anime I watch is Attack on Titan.

Also, there's very few kinds of pizza I like. I prefer plain cheese pizza though I'm fine with pepperoni and Meat Lovers.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There are only two thing capable of defeating Ganondorf

The Master Sword, and pineapple pizza

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I always just go for Pepperoni Pizza at Little Caesars.

Also, after seeing today's episode of The World According to Maxim Bady, I swear I'm never attacking Cuccos in a Legend of Zelda game again.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There are only two thing capable of defeating Ganondorf

The Master Sword, and pineapple pizza
there is really nothing wrong with pineapple pizza.
Don't forget about his third weakness--a marathon of Seinfeld.
now this is truely bad. It could be worse and say a marathon of Big Bang Theory

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So the Sonic Forces logo reminded me of something when I first saw it but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I finally figured it out though thanks to a video I was watching.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Isn't bringing light into Ganon's lair a weakness of his too?
So the Sonic Forces logo reminded me of something when I first saw it but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

I finally figured it out though thanks to a video I was watching.

I remember that game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom