• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Phew...that was a close one...

Was making my way back to where I needed the sidequest for the Blood moon and as I was on the way a Blood Moon was rising...Managed to get where I needed before it was too late...but that's another sidequest down...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So Hinox with the glowing balls are they near a pedestal for the ball? Also I carried a ball halfway across the map to the Cast Awaymovie reference chick and it didn't work on the pedestal. Though I guess that made sense.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Damnit LWA, stop teasing me and just give me lesbians already
View attachment 127035
It's just because of a lovelove bee

Also,
View attachment 127032
Top 10 Anime Fights

The attachment isn't working
Akko x Diana ship is sailing smooth… sort of.
We have also seen gay and narcissis in this episode…
I really give props to Lotte in this episode as well.
And everyone's favourite Sucy is still being Sucy, and I love it.
This quote by Sucy is just perfect:

Seriously though, I love the LWA ending. Hell, I think it might just be my favorite ending theme of all time. It just makes me smile and there's something so nostalgic about it even though I can't tell what it is but it remembers me of good times I had.
I'll talk about it everytime a new ep comes out

I have no idea tbh
And I'm the ond who you keep showing these bishonens to so I think he's from some show you got into recently
The OP was slightly cliché, but it was still awesome

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
So I've been working on my One Punch Man series of live action movies. It'd be a trilogy most likely, if it got super popular then naturally it'd go for more movies.

Movie 1: Parts 1 to 15(up to the end of the Paradise group arc)
Movie 2: Parts 16 to 27(up to the end of the Sea King arc)
Movie 3: Parts 28 to 36(up to the end of the Lord Boros arc; which the end of would make for a perfect ending if it only amounted to a trilogy)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Some misconceptions from my childhood:
-Super Smash Bros literally had every character ever, I thought mugen was smash when I was a kid.
-I was really confused when I got my hands on the game, I expected there to be health bars.
-Giga bowser was a completely unlockable and playable character.
-R.O.B. was a wally rip off
-Captain Falcon said "TACO BULL-AXE"
-Both of those characters from Star Fox.
-Fire Emblem was an extension of Zelda.
-Ridley was a pokemon.
-Bowser Jr. was unlockable.
-Marth was a princess that spoke spanish.(I couldn't tell the difference between spanish and japanese for some reason.)

It didn't help that I didn't know who the majority of the roster in brawl was, so...
Damn, you're pretty young then aren't you?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you go into a McDonald's, you'll likely see a plaque honoring a man named "Krok"

I just learned how he got control over McDonalds by essentially scamming it's original creators out of the restaurant.

D

Deleted member

Damn, you're pretty young then aren't you?
I'm 17, I'll be 18 in November. I'll be graduating on June 1st, my boyfriend turned 19 last Sunday(but we're both 12th graders.), and I joined these forums when I was 14. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Watching nature documentaries somehow dragged me back into conspiracy theories because there are conspiracy theorists that Megalodon's are still alive and scientists are just hiding the information

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
When I first played Melee I didn't know if Marth was male or female and sixteen years later I still don't.
why must Marth be so pretty

Also I was confused why Pokemon were in Smash 64 since I associated them with the show and cards as much as the games and thought Smash was just for gaming characters.

I readily believed there were "super secret" characters in Melee past the standard 26 due to multiple people telling me such things, though I never attempted to unlock them.

I thought Diddy Kong was planned to be playable in Melee but he was removed. No reasoning apart from his lack of trophy and his prominence at the time lead me to this. Also at the time the Rare stuff hadn't yet gone down, and it would still be several more years afterwards until I put two and two together.

That's all that come to mind right now.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Square Enix: when the next HD port is worse than the previous one.
Poor Kingdom Heart 2 lol.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I finally got around to following the map I found and getting all the Shrines done. There's still things I want to do, though, quests to finish, items to get. I wrapped up one of the quests that was more important to me afterwards, and. . .I feel so many positive emotions for several reasons. I just. . .

This game. . .this game is something special. Maybe it's not perfect, maybe not everyone will see in it what I have. But there's definitely magic to it for me.

There is a very intriguing story hiding just beneath the surface. That which Link once knew, and much more subtly that which came long before him. The seeds of all that has happened are planted before you in this beautiful garden. You just have to have that slight bit of imagination to let the life and world they hand you blossom.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, I was watching a video on haunted schools and it showed random pictures of ghosts

One of the "Ghosts" was the common creepy pasta "The Rake"

lol

D

Deleted member

Some misconceptions from my childhood:
-Super Smash Bros literally had every character ever, I thought mugen was smash when I was a kid.
-I was really confused when I got my hands on the game, I expected there to be health bars.
-Giga bowser was a completely unlockable and playable character.
-R.O.B. was a wally rip off
-Captain Falcon said "TACO BULL-AXE"
-Both of those characters from Star Fox.
-Fire Emblem was an extension of Zelda.
-Ridley was a pokemon.
-Bowser Jr. was unlockable.
-Marth was a princess that spoke spanish.(I couldn't tell the difference between spanish and japanese for some reason.)

It didn't help that I didn't know who the majority of the roster in brawl was, so...
Childhood misconceptions are always funny
I thought Samus was a robot and that Metroid was a game of the Alien franchise(came close, I guess :p)
I also thought FE was a hack-and-slash game and F-Zero was a fighting one based on how they looked in Smash
Akko x Diana ship is sailing smooth… sort of.
We have also seen gay and narcissis in this episode…
I really give props to Lotte in this episode as well.
And everyone's favourite Sucy is still being Sucy, and I love it.
This quote by Sucy is just perfect:

The OP was slightly cliché, but it was still awesome
Yeah, at least Lotte got a date... sort of(damnit Lotte, don't friendzone the guy like that)
I like Sucy but Amanda is my favorite, too bad she's not in the maincast so she got, what, two episodes where she isn't just in the background?

And I also like the OP, but there are many more I think are better, though I still love it. But the ED, I don't think anything can compete with it imo

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Can I just. . .

OK, serious, serious, serious BotW spoilers, but I feel I have to share this.

An ancient hero, a Calamity appears,
Now resurrected after 10,000 years.

Her appointed knight gives his life,
Shields her figure and pays the price.

The princess's love for her fallen knight awakens her power /
And within the castle the Calamity is forced to cower.

But the knight survives!
In the Shrine of Resurrection he sleeps,
Until from his healing dream he leaps!

For fierce and deadly trials await.
To regain his strength. Fulfill his fate.

To become a hero once again!
To wrest the princess from evil's den.

The hero, the princess --hand in hand--
Must bring light back to this land.

This was the song once written long ago, by a Sheikah royal bard whose love was forever unrequited. Though he festered in resentment that a commoner held her eyes and not him, he let his feelings towards the knight drift away when he witnessed them protect each other with his own eyes. Indeed, this very man was likely one of the Sheikah in the last shard of your memory you will find. That last fight. . . Ever thinking of this moment, the Sheikah wrote a song to forever remember it, familiar to you now in more ways than one. In his old age, he chose to pass this song to a humble Rito bard, a married man and a father of five adorable children growing up to be quite the singers themselves, perhaps even enough to help unlock an ancient secret. This Rito, though miss his family dearly he did, would travel the land, searching for songs to assist the hero, but always practicing the most important one of all, the one that he lived to pass on to the hero.

And that. . .that is a tale as grand as any in my eyes.

I. . .this has probably been the best moment in a sea of incredible moments. Spoil yourself if you are willing, I needed to share what I have seen today. I can't just keep this to myself.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Let's see what I remember from playing Brawl for the first times with my cousins and my neighbors.
  • I thought Smash Bros. was a crossover for general gaming, not just Nintendo.
  • Based on this, I wondered why Sonic had only one character when Mario had four/eight.
  • I also felt sorry for the Ice Climbers because nobody knew who they were.
  • I thought Fox, Falco, and Wolf were from some complex adult game.
  • I don't know why, but Toon Link and Mr. Game & Watch creeped me out.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking about stuff we messed up when we were younger, for a short time I called Luigi Lario. Because I thought his had to rhyme with Mario and Wario.

Children are dumb.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just saw Donald Trump being M.O.D.O.K. in a Official Marvel Comic Book.

Like, what?!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just saw Donald Trump being M.O.D.O.K. in a Official Marvel Comic Book.

Like, what?!
Yep, that thing has been there for a while. It's today's modern comic writers trying to redo what they did back in the day with the X-Men and civil rights. Thing is, while Magneto really only shared policies with Malcom X and could be showed in a sympathetic light, this thing... It's clear as day who it's meant to be and what the writers want you to think. (versus what you actually think which is "What? Wh-wh-What?")

I've seen flash cartoons imitating South Park with more nuanced political commentary.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yep, that thing has been there for a while. It's today's modern comic writers trying to redo what they did back in the day with the X-Men and civil rights. Thing is, while Magneto really only shared policies with Malcom X and could be showed in a sympathetic light, this thing... It's clear as day what the writers want you to think. (verus what you actually thing which is "What? Wh-wh-What?")

I've seen flash cartoons imitating South Park with more nuanced political commentary.
And this is why politic is garbage. Because no matter where or how you put it. It's always divise peoples and ruin everyone day.
'Can't wait to see Obama in a Spider-Man comic, hehehe....Oh wait, it's have been already done.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
That feeling when you leave your laundry in the dryer overnight and end up having to fold it up and such 5-6 hours later...

Has anyone made this mistake before? It seems like my laundry will be fine either way. even though I found someone else's sock in my load somehow. Oh well; at least it got clean. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For fun, I madea list of Smash characters by debut system

Game & Watch: Mr. Game & Watch
Arcade: Pac-Man, Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Little Mac, Ryu
NES: Duck Hunt, ROB, Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers, Link, Samus, Pit, Palutena, Mega Man, Dr Mario, Meta Knight
GameBoy: Kirby, King Dedede, Wario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle)
MSX-2: Snake
SNES: Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Ness, Diddy Kong
Genesis/Mega Drive: Sonic
Gameboy Color: Pichu
Nintendo 64: Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link, Wolf, Villager
PS1: Cloud
Gamecube: Olimar, Bowser Jr, Toon Link, Ike
Gameboy Advance: Roy, Zero Suit Samus, Lucas
DS: Lucario
Wii: Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk
Xbox360/PS3: Bayonetta
3DS: Dark Pit, Robin, Lucina, Greninja, Corrin

Funnily enough, the one to get the lowest of the Nintendo consoles are the GBC & DS. Odd as the DS was such a big seller but then again, most of it's big games weren't exactly suitable for combat. Cooking Mama for Smash 5 perhaps?

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

Game & Watch: Mr. Game & Watch
Arcade: Pac-Man, Mario, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Little Mac, Ryu
NES: Duck Hunt, ROB, Peach, Bowser, Ice Climbers, Link, Samus, Pit, Palutena, Dr Mario, Meta Knight
GameBoy: Kirby, King Dedede, Wario, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle)
MSX-2: Snake
SNES: Yoshi, Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Ness, Diddy Kong
Genesis/Mega Drive: Sonic
Gameboy Color: Pichu
Nintendo 64: Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link, Wolf, Villager
PS1: Cloud
Gamecube: Olimar, Bowser Jr, Toon Link, Ike
Gameboy Advance: Roy, Zero Suit Samus, Lucas
DS: Lucario
Wii: Rosalina, Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk
Xbox360/PS3: Bayonetta
3DS: Dark Pit, Robin, Lucina, Greninja, Corrin

Funnily enough, the one to get the lowest of the Nintendo consoles are the GBC & DS. Odd as the DS was such a big seller but then again, most of it's big games weren't exactly suitable for combat. Cooking Mama for Smash 5 perhaps?
Wouldn't Wolf be SNES because of Star Fox 2?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wouldn't Wolf be SNES because of Star Fox 2?
Not officially released. If that was the case I'd have to put Lucas as a N64 character. And on that note, Sonic should be an Arcade character thanks to his early Radmobile cameo but let's not go nuts here.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Quiet blew everyone out of the water for two big reasons. No need to say what they are since it's clearly the thing to be silent about. Poor Sniper Wolf and Venom Snake.

Now we are doing none other than Pikmin, which is a series that is kore known for the captains than anything. The only readable thing is a living spoiler, unless most of you played Pikmin 3 already. Unless anyone wants to help. Anyways, your choices are between Louie and the Pikmin 3 captains (Alph, Brittany, and Charlie).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Won't be long until we reach Sonic territory. Opossum Opossum and @KingofPhantoms will like this current one.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Childhood misconceptions...?
  • I thought Mario, Sonic and Pokémon were PC games because all I ever had played of them was on bootleg 999-in-1 CDs.
  • Bubsy: Clawed Adventures of the Furred Kind was my favourite game at one point.
  • I used to think the Finding Nemo film was based on the game, because I played the game before the movie.
  • I thought Fire Emblem was an anime fighter based on Marth, Roy and the game boxarts.
  • I didn't know about Mario being Nintendo. I used to wonder why he's not on the PS2.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Quiet blew everyone out of the water for two big reasons. No need to say what they are since it's clearly the thing to be silent about. Poor Sniper Wolf and Venom Snake.

Now we are doing none other than Pikmin, which is a series that is kore known for the captains than anything. The only readable thing is a living spoiler, unless most of you played Pikmin 3 already. Unless anyone wants to help. Anyways, your choices are between Louie and the Pikmin 3 captains (Alph, Brittany, and Charlie).

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Won't be long until we reach Sonic territory. Opossum Opossum and @KingofPhantoms will like this current one.
Just so everyone knows, the only correct answers is Charlie.

More notably, every unit can learn just about any skill now.

Chaos reigns.
I don't think that's true. A character can only inherit skills from another of that same character.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how that is. So, each character is still limited to their tiny skill tree.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Wait, how do you do that?
Nino could use some better skills
They added the Inherit Skill function today, which lets any character inherit a skill from another, as long as they're compatible with that skill (you'll lose the unit donating the skills, so make sure it's someone you don't plan to use). "Compatible" means things like you can only pass attack skills to a character who already is of that weapon type (i.e. a sword unit can only inherit sword skills; you can't turn Marth into a lance fighter), or movement type (i.e. only fliers can inherit something like Goad Fliers). But Nino should be able to inherit just about any ABC-type skill from anyone, and probably most assist and special skills too.

I'm actually kind of disappointed about not being able to change weapon types, since it means Lucius is forever stuck in staff-lock hell, only ever doing half the damage he should be doing. Was hoping this would be my chance to salvage him. He deserves better than that.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Fun list!

Now, what could Wii U bring to the table? Inkling, surely, anything else? I guess Elma from Xenoblade X and/or Captain Toad are options. Oh and we did have Alph... kinda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom