• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Maybe she was taken to a ****ty hospital. One around here sucks and some nurses are total ********.

Also... Apparently the surgery took 3 hours.
Same thing my gf said to me. "Maybe she was taken to a bad hospital" and "Maybe its juat your states hospitals". In my eyes, all doctors are pretty bad

and 3 hours? how long does a surgery like that normaly take

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I knew it ! Toriyama said that Goku is not some kind of righteous hero! That he fights for his own selfish enjoyment of fighting

That's why Vegeta is the better character, because while dark and brooding, Vegeta does care for others on some level and often wants to find the quickest way to kill off an enemy

Unlike Goku who wants them at their max and often leads to the planet being destroyed

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Playing through BotW, I can't help but feel like the Shrines were added because of the Switch's portability features. It's the sort of thing that would really go with on to go play. Idk, it just sorta hit me.

I don't like the shrines, they break up the pace of exploration too much, I hate how they all look the same, and some of the puzzles REALLY suck. Especially the motion control ones. I also don't like how you know exactly what you'll be rewarded with going into a shrine. Kills the excitement of the mystery.

I miss the 8 classic dungeons. Just doesn't feel like a Zelda game without them. That's always been an element I've most enjoyed from this franchise.
Well you don't have to go to the shrines if you don't want to...Aside from the first four on the Great Plateau, you could just activate them to get the warp point then be on your way...Shrines take the place of all the side dungeons from other Zelda games...This game still has four main 'dungeons', while it's not eight like most zelda games some don't even have that many, Majora's Mask also had only four main dungeons...

With cooking you can make food and elixirs to boost health and stamina temporarily...so it's not exactly a requirement to do all of them for more health...

Also shrines give you more than just spirit orbs as you can get decent weapons and collectables from shrines, such as Ancient Weapons and Parts and new clothing...so there's still an incentive to go into the shrines for more than just increasing your health and stamina...
I don't particularly feel it breaks the pace of exploration, but then again a lot of my exploration involves looking for shrines so it's one of my goals in exploring the game...

I agree that some of the motion control puzzles were kind of a pain though...however, there wasn't too many of those puzzles at least that I've encountered so far....some shrines just give you Spirit Orbs due to completing puzzles or sidequests in the overworld, and the combat shrines to me are good practice for using shield parries and flurry rushes...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just a heads up for people who were planning on watching the Sonic SXSW panel.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
disgaea 5 complete Its out on the Japanese eshop and it doesnt come out in NA until end of May. I was seeing if my card was accepted on the shop but nope nope.

Guess I gotta wait like a good person
Well that's like me with Dragon Quest Heroes I&II it's out in Japan and it has no release date for North America.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I severely doubt I'll make use of the region-free feature when I get the Switch. I can wait and I'm not a fan of getting games with language barriers.

Now if there's a game I really want that's never getting an American/English release, I'll consider it.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well that's like me with Dragon Quest Heroes I&II it's out in Japan and it has no release date for North America.
and buying Japanese eshop cards would burn a whole in my wallet because disgaea 5 complete costs 7,538 yen so Ill have to buy two 5000 yen cards off Play-asia which costs 93.98 for two

But that means if Taiko never comes to NA, Ill, again, never be able to play it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Random obscure fighting games are always extra weird.

Presenting Best of Best...

I'm less than a minute in and oh my god... That's literally Hulk Hogan, that skullet doesn't lie.

And yeah, I love weird obscure fighting games, I often wonder what they'd be like if they were made nowadays.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm less than a minute in and oh my god... That's literally Hulk Hogan, that skullet doesn't lie.

And yeah, I love weird obscure fighting games, I often wonder what they'd be like if they were made nowadays.
I think that other guy is sylvester stallone

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
and buying Japanese eshop cards would burn a whole in my wallet because disgaea 5 complete costs 7,538 yen so Ill have to buy two 5000 yen cards off Play-asia which costs 93.98 for two

But that means if Taiko never comes to NA, Ill, again, never be able to play it
I guess we gotta just wait and hope, eh?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

If we're talking random obscure fighters, no discussion can be complete with SFII "tribute", Super Fighter.

Chrono.

On the topic of obscure fighting games... There's also this, though not as obscure thanks to it's memetic nature (popular streamers like Max and Vinesauce Joel have played it after all).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They literally had a Power Rangers episode where the Red Ranger was addicted to playing a Pachinko machine and the whole Twitch chat spammed **** Konami.

Holy hell there episodes are accurate towards the future Japanese Pachi addiction

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The one thing I don't like about Breath of the Wild is the lack of some classic Zelda enemies. No stalfos, no Gibdo, no Dark Nuts.

Well... Dark Nuts might be in Hyrule Castle(don't tell me).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
On the topic of obscure fighting games... There's also this, though not as obscure thanks to it's memetic nature (popular streamers like Max and Vinesauce Joel have played it after all).

Was that JUST created to be a meme. I mean, I see no other reason why Guile's theme and stage would be in it

Edit: They fight Mario in it...

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I've been playing an obscure fighting game, you've probably never heard of it, but it's called Street Fighter V. It's pretty underground and I don't expect any of you normies (XD) to get it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Street Fighter V is obscure enough that while I have heard of it I've never played it

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Chrono.

I've been playing an obscure fighting game, you've probably never heard of it, but it's called Street Fighter V. It's pretty underground and I don't expect any of you normies (XD) to get it.
I heard of this one called Super Smash Bros. but I bet none of y'all know about it.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
D

Deleted member

Here's a pretty strange Primal Rage-like game. I mean, it's not completely bad, I like old stop motion retrosaurs, but erm... You get a lot of weird stuff like 23:28.

I think they had to be on drugs to get something so amazing and terrible at the same time. :p

Edit: And apparently it came out before Primal Rage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Here's the final one I'll post. Think basically old school Mortal Kombat mixed with Darkstalkers but ****ed up and you get this.

D

Deleted member

Ah ****, I almost forgot about the classic, this one wasn't even released, but it still deserves a mention for being one of those weird fighting games.(Minor blood warning, but it's pretty silly.

If you ever wanted to sit through around 10 minutes of pure weirdness... It's as if they only saw the weird and fetishy finishers of mortal kombat and not any of the gore.

This thread is reminding me to complete the random mugen roster I have.(Though I have organized ones for the most part, it's fun to just throw things together that have no rhyme or reason.)

Mod edit: Video removed, since it's still too inappropriate. Minor blood is still a bit far.

Last edited by a moderator:
SFV? Wow you hipster. Get with the program and start playing the major league games already.

Have you ever hit someone so hard it actually made them feel better?

Did you know there's a Street Fighter 1?
You joke, but as a kid i always assumed SF started with 2 since footage of 1 was either never shown to me or looked like a boitleg so i ignored it.
:061:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
When I was younger, I legit used to think that the only reason they called it Sonic Adventure 2: Battle was just to sound cool. When I found out there was a Sonic Adventure 1, my mind was blown.
I also thought they called it 2 for no reason. When Adventure DX came out, I inferred it was a sequel and spent the whole game wondering where Shadow was, before deducing it was a prequel.

Not a remake or port because what's a dreamcast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom