• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Your avi would suggest otherwise though.
Hmm? My avatar is meant to represent how I personally tend to feel sometimes; a bit down, maybe wanting to wrap a scarf around my mouth during the winter if I am outside, for example. What would it suggest otherwise?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Michael Jackson Bad?
Oh, Michael Jackson is bad. He's bad. He's really really REALLY bad
I can forgive the spelling of Mom, but this is too much. You're about to split reality in half with your incorrectness.
Ex-****ing-scuse me but we of British descent spell it the correct way, with a u
you only think pizza is bad because you lack taste buds and an open mind

Mostly the tastebuds. both in food and anime
So THAT'S why I'm curious about Yuri On Ice! :troll:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Knuckles' face might as well be his reaction to the Amelia fandom right now.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sometimes I love Team Fortress 2.

Never mind it had a swear word.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ex-****ing-scuse me but we of British descent spell it the correct way, with a u
But Mum sounds too much like Bum and something else. Could you imagine what ideas rapper's would get if it were still Mum?

Anyway, the correct way to say it either way is Mamma.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Apparently people hate the new Steven Universe episode because it's "too PC/feminazi".

Wut?

Last edited:

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Waifu's of course. What else did you expect us to expect?
Why do I even try... guess there wasn't a point in revealing that, and I thought you might of actually been curious...

Just... sigh. I clearly can't take a joke about something like this, that is obviously clear. Again, why do I even try with this? ;-;

This headache is clearly getting to me, though...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was under the impression that's what Steven Universe is

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, so I have bad news and I have interesting news.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1347190

The bad news is that I really don't think mainline Pokemon is coming to the Switch this year at this point. Even at best case scenario it seems like the higher specs and larger screen size are throwing them for a bit of a loop.

The interesting news is that Pokken miiiiiight not be the only game we're getting while they buy time to do so. . .I just hope they actually make the hypothetically chosen other spinoff IP have all current Pokemon and a full scale plotline akin to Super and the DS games if they do it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But Mum sounds too much like Bum and something else. Could you imagine what ideas rapper's would get if it were still Mum?

Anyway, the correct way to say it either way is Mamma.
That's because your mum has a big bum and is filled with that something else! Boom! imjokingplzdonttakethisseriously
And that's Mamma Luigi!
Boy the site loads pretty slow

And thats why you like Boobs la breast, I mean Kill la Kill
Oh, guess which one won Anime of the year in Japan? Oh, oh thats right
I also like Taiko no Tatsujin and squeeled when the new Kamen Rider was confirmed to get a power up of said franchise!
Uh, Crunchyroll isn't Japan, and that doesn't change anything, because it's still **** if I like it
Apparently people hate the new Steven Universe episode because it's "too PC/feminazi".

Wut?
I mean
That's the whole ****ing show
They don't get to say that now

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This is a long overdue, but I've been so busy with classes these past few days that I didn't have time to make a post like this until now. That said...

Remember that FE: Fates themed favorite 2nd-generation Hoshidan & Nohrian polls? Well, these are the final results. Each poll didn't have as many votes as the past Fates polls here (this time, there were 14 votes total for each), but there were enough to pinpoint which children units are more liked.

Here are the results for the favorite 2nd-generation Hoshidan poll:

3rd place: Selkie, Caeldori, and Rhajat (1 vote each)

I was actually surprised a few of the Awakening copies managed to get a vote considering how unpopular they are compared to the characters they are based on (although Rhajat is better than Tharja because the game focuses more on the creepy hex side of her in her supports rather than her Avatar obsession). Not surprised Selkie managed to get the bronze as well; she is one of the more popular Hoshidan children from what I've seen.

2nd Place: Shiro, Kiragi, and Shigure (2 votes each)

All the royals in this poll took 2nd place; not too surprising since all three are generally the more popular children. Really glad to see my boy Shiro pulled through with that silver medal! Kiragi and Shigure doing this well was a nice surprise too.

1st Place: Midori (5 votes)

And we have a clear winner. Kaze's daughter, Midori, won the gold for being the most popular Hoshidan child here in Nintenzone! Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of Midori (mainly because I find her really bland minus that one C support with Shigure, though I will admit she's a pretty good unit when given the right mother), but to all the Midori fans here, congrats to you all for having your favorite Hoshidan child win the poll!

And now here are the results for the favorite 2nd-generation Nohrian poll:

3rd Place: Percy, Ignatius, Nina, Soleil, and Dwyer (1 vote each)

Not surprising to see most of these characters pulling through for the bronze. It looks like I was the only one that voted for Ignatius. Ah well, I know he's one of the more unpopular characters in Fates.

2nd Place: Forrest and Velouria (2 votes each)

Leo's son and the wolfskin daughter snagged the silver medal. Also not surprising to see both characters do this well considering they are both among the more popular children in Fates.

1st Place: Ophelia (5 votes)

And we have a clear winner. As her father won the favorite 1st-generation Nohrian poll, the chosen heroine of darkness won the gold for being the most popular Nohrian child here in Nintenzone! Not surprising considering how many people are attached to that theatrical personality she and Odin have. I mostly like her as a unit (definitely the best Nohrian mage), but as a character... she's alright, but not that standout for me. That aside, to all the Ophelia fans here, congrats to you all for having your favorite Nohrian child win the poll!

Another interesting note about the results:
  • Not counting Shigure and Kana, 3 of the 4 more prominent children were tied at 2 votes each: they were Shiro, Kiragi, and Forrest. Sadly, poor Siegbert was the only one of those 4 that didn't get a single vote.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was under the impression that's what Steven Universe is
I mean, obviously that's what it is to some people considering the Tumblr-like artstyle, lesbian undertones, and the racial diversity.

So what I'm wondering is what sets this episode apart from the others. What makes it SJW-esque to people presumably to people that already watch and enjoy the show?

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Why though? Though keep in mind I haven't watched the episode either. But I'm still curious.
Because the episode was written by Lauren Zuke, they (non-binary) was a common story board writer for the show. Most people felt the episodes they storyboarded were too SJW or that they was one them-self. They was also harassed by the fandom for Lapidot teasing, which lead them to delete their Twitter page.

Ronaldo thinking the Gems hated men lead many to believe that Lauren was making a statement on racism and sexism. Thus why some felt it was a bit too shoehorned in the episode.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well. The Muppets are cool, Pizza is delicious, and Swamp's mom can't be too bad cause Swamp turned out to be a pretty good guy.
Meh, I think the Muppets is the one I can sacrifice out of that group. Not that they're bad, I just don't have other options.

I remember one person here hated pizza, though, so the blasphemy could easily be the unexpected one.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Meh, I think the Muppets is the one I can sacrifice out of that group. Not that they're bad, I just don't have other options.

I remember one person here hated pizza, though, so the blasphemy could easily be the unexpected one.
That person was
*inhales deeply*
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In JonTron's Q and A he reveiled he wants to make a new Daikatana episode!

I think he should!

D

Deleted member

>When people say they don't like the Muppets

"One, one wrong opinion, ah, ah, ah.

Two, two wrongs opinion, ah, ah, ah...."

But now you have to go to IGN.

Implying the thread already wasn't weird.

Yeah, but that isn't weird by my standards, that's just normal on the internet for me. When we started talking about Mom's though....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Wut?
I stopped caring about these kinds of people a long time ago and I've been able to enjoy my shows much more.
Like, not having to hear **** like "stop headcanoing characters as LGBT" and "diversity is not needed" makes it a whole lot better
undertones
Yeah, sure, let's go with that
Because the episode was written by Lauren Zuke, they (non-binary) was a common story board writer for the show. Most people felt the episodes they storyboarded were too SJW or that they was one them-self. They was also harassed by the fandom for Lapidot teasing, which lead them to delete their Twitter page.

Ronaldo thinking the Gems hated men lead many to believe that Lauren was making a statement on racism and sexism. Thus why some felt it was a bit too shoehorned in the episode.
The statement was clear and there was nothing wrong with it.
But people like that will always feel threatened when social issues are discussed in cartoons... for some reason

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
>When people say they don't like the Muppets

"One, one wrong opinion, ah, ah, ah.

Two, two wrongs opinion, ah, ah, ah...."

Yeah, but that isn't weird by my standards, that's just normal on the internet for me. When we started talking about Mom's though....
Muppers are fine, but you're making me choose between my favorite food, my most deeply entrenched nostalgia, people's MOMs, and it.

I gotta do process of elimination and eventually innocents get hurt.

D

Deleted member

Obviously, Swamp's mom was a 6IV Venusaur
Unfotunately, she wasn't holding a Destiny Knot when his dad showed up in the daycare so he only has 1 perfect IV and it's Speed
I use that term just because sometimes people get on my *** when I just call them lesbians. :p
Like, with the Garnet reveal, you could MAYBE call it subtle(but then there's the whole Stronger Than You lyrics) but once you get to Keystone Motel, you can't call it undertone in any way

D

Deleted member

Like, with the Garnet reveal, you could MAYBE call it subtle(but then there's the whole Stronger Than You lyrics) but once you get to Keystone Motel, you can't call it undertone in any way
It's just because people either correct me and say that technically, they're genderless.(Which makes sense, especially in a gem point of view rather than a human one.) Or worse, I get called an SJW because clearly if I mention that there lesbians, that's the only big reason why I like and watch the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom