• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Maybe it's because I joined the group fairly late into the game (post ESRB-leak but pre 3DS-release) but I don't remember it being that bad.
It was still pretty bad to the point where they shut the group down. But I'll admit, there was no better salt storm than the revelation of the final base roster. I still get a chuckle from the downpour to this day.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Maybe it's because I joined the group fairly late into the game (post ESRB-leak but pre 3DS-release) but I don't remember it being that bad.

I was playing that game a while back.

didn't get far at all but what the heck? The world is flat in Custom Robo?
Basically, to sum things up, the world was actually destroyed by the "abomination" that appeared one day and started destroying everything. The "creature", named "Rahu" was basically invisible and possessed creatures and used any powers it got to destroy the world. It almost destroyed humanity until it got stuck in a child's Custom Robo, actually allowing whatever was left of humanity to actually have a fighting chance. They couldn't destroy Rahu entirely, but managed to leave it inoperative with the help of a special item.
So while the creature, named Rahu, was inoperative, the last of humanity created a dome as a place for whatever was left of humanity to be safe from Rahu and allow themselves to prepare for Rahu's reawakening. At the same time however, they used the special item to remove most of the remaining people's memories to try and keep them calm while the higher-ups prepared for Rahu, although it's hinted that it was also done to make the people easier to "control".

Anyway, basically, in the meantime, when the people had forgotten everything about Rahu and the world, the higher-ups basically lied to them saying that the world is flat and at the end of the world is a big wall that encircles the whole of the world. This was also taught to children born in the dome in their schools. Basically, the world is in fact still round, but people were lied to and believed it was flat and was encircled by a big wall.

The thing is though is that nowhere in the main story are you told or even alluded to that. While you can walk around on the world map and see that you are surrounded by a wall, they don't bring up the wall or anything about the world until they mention that you are going to the "outside world" and ask you that question and proceed to take you to the outside world a minute after the question. And that part is near the end of the main story.

I don't know if it is potentially mentioned if you choose to explore around and talk to people before going to bed each day(which progresses the story), but nowhere in the main story is the world or walls ever mentioned or talked about until you're near the end of the game. The only close thing is when you learn about Rahu, you also learn that Rahu almost destroyed humanity. But even then, it doesn't give you any suspicion of the world you move around or that something did not feel right.

So when that question "What do you know of the world?" is given to you and you're given the two choices, obviously your common sense would say that the world is round. And then bam, you just learn that everybody in school was taught that the world is flat and that the end of the world is encircled by a giant wall at the end of the world. Then shortly after, you just see the truth in that the world is round, but you see all the damage that Rahu did to the world and how much it looks like a wasteland now with no vegetation and whatnot.
Like I said, it was something that came completely out of nowhere, but I think that's what helped make it a good twist was that you had no reason to suspect something and then when the twist comes out of nowhere, suddenly, things get interesting and actually get you to start asking questions.
Also, as I said, if you answer with common sense, you get very funny dialogue, which is a good bonus.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So here's a question, what's the craziest plot twist you've seen in a game?
The one that stuck with me the most:

Learning that Professor Layton and Jean Descole, the main villain of the prequel trilogy+the movie, are actually brothers that have been long separated since they were young children.

Descole was a very mysterious character throughout the prequel trilogy. He went all out hiding his identity: he wore a mask, a hat + head piece that concealed most of his hair, a boa, and a cape. His nature and demeanor also made him a mysterious yet very intimidating villain: cunning and capable of manipulating people to aid in his cause, then backstab when he no longer needed use of them, and he could even go in fits of rage when he didn't get what he wanted. The more you looked into him, the more you realized he was desperate for something, and it only heightened the intrigue behind me. We also he had some kind of connection of Professor Layton. You can tell something felt personal between the two; even Layton commented that he had "seen him somewhere before, but [he] couldn't quite remember when" at the conclusion of Last Specter.

Without a doubt, Descole's identity was shaping up to be one of the biggest mysteries of the prequel trilogy, and when Azran Legacy released, Layton fans like myself were dying to know who he really was. Little did I know the absolute shock that would follow when I learned the big reveal of Descole's identity:

After a heroic act to save Luke (during a part of the game where Layton and Descole had to team up for the final chapter to defeat the final villain), Descole ends up getting injured, and shortly after, Descole finally spills the beans on how him and Layton are brothers, and we learn the full backstory that only makes this plot twist even more.

Oh yeah, you thought Layton and Descole being brothers was the big shocker? Oh, there's more to it than that! In fact, we get a series jaw-dropping plot twists that follow:

First-up, this guy, Leon Bronev, the leader of the criminal organization Targent, and the main villain of Azran Legacy:

is Professor Layton's actual father!
(and by extension, Descole's true father as well)

And learning about him, Descole, and Layton's past was not only shocking, but also very sad. There is quite the tragic backstory going on with these characters:

Leon Bronev and his wife were archaeologists who tirelessly researched to discover the Azran civilization's greatest legacy. Their research ultimately attracted the attention of Targent, which used to be a small cult-like group at the time, and the two were kidnapped by them for their Azran findings; This incident left Descole and Layton as orphans when they were very young.

Now here's something that will also surprise you: Hershel Layton is not our beloved professor's real name! His birth name was "Theodore Bronev", while Descole's birth name was "Hershel Bronev." So how did our professor get the name we're familiar with?

There arrived a point where an old couple named the Laytons heard about what happened and pitied the orphan children, but they could only adopt the one named "Hershel." Since Descole didn't want his little brother to be left alone, he switched names with on the last second so that the latter would be the one to be adopted. Thus, "Theodore Bronev" became "Hershel Layton." As for Descole, he would spend the time alone to begin researching the Azran to prepare himself for his ultimate goal: take revenge on Targent by beating them to the Azran legacy before they could find it. As time went on, and more tragedy happened to Descole, he grew more desperate to achieve his goal.

Perhaps what also shocked me was learning that Descole was actually working with Layton since the beginning of Azran Legacy in his actual self. Because Layton never saw Descole unmasked, the latter could assume his true identity to work with Layton once he realized the two shared a common enemy.

This entire plot twist regarding the Layton family and Descole's identity made my mind explode the first time I learned it. Admittedly, I didn't see it coming at all at the time. Looking back though, I can now identity certain moments in the past games that foreshadowed the big twist regarding Layton's true family, but I didn't notice initially.

The plot twist was also one of the main reasons Descole rose to become my favorite villain in all of fiction to this day.

D

Deleted member

Welp, completed the Oliver GHB, wasn't too hard, especially without reinforcements, Infernal was just a matter of what moves to do when.
He's not my priority at the moment(have to promote Klein first) but I plan on building him, mostly because I don't have any 5* Blue Mages so he could come in handy in Squad Assault. Hopefully, TT gives me enough feathers to promote both soon

Ivander

Smash Legend
Welp, completed the Oliver GHB, wasn't too hard, especially without reinforcements, Infernal was just a matter of what moves to do when.
He's not my priority at the moment(have to promote Klein first) but I plan on building him, mostly because I don't have any 5* Blue Mages so he could come in handy in Squad Assault. Hopefully, TT gives me enough feathers to promote both soon
He makes for a good Blarraven user, although he needs BTomebreaker to be even remotely useful against fast Blue Mages like Linde and Delthea. He also still requires Triangle Adept/Distant Defense to survive Brave Bow users and and +ATK Brave Lyn and he still requires Distant Defense to survive the basic Death Blow 3/Moonbow/Quickened Pulse +ATK Reinhardt.
At the very least, he can take out Neutral Brave Lyn without any Defense skills like Distant Defense. But unlike some other GHB Heroes that only need some easy-to-get skills to be very useful, like Michalis, Arvis, Xander and Camus, Oliver does require some decent investment to become useful.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Breh, how do I raise the Merc Rank.
Go back to the Mercenary HQ in Uraya and complete the quest they give you.
And no joke, I stuck a level 2 for a long time until I go back... Which was pretty dumb when I still think about it...
Once you get enough merc experience by completing missions, a new sidequest will open up at the Merc HQ in Uraya. Completing the side quest will raise your merc level.
And to raise ROC's affinity requires merc levels

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Save us Takahashi:

-Jiren's true weakness is fighting uncoordinated opponents lmao
-Vegeta literally went from Super Saiyan Blue to Super Saiyan Bluer.
Looks sick tho, gives some Super Vegeta vibes.
-Cool to see Virginia now has his own route of transformations.
-Goku may be a complete moron on other stuff, but when it comes to fighting he's a ****ing genius.
- J U S T I C E D A B
-Goku with the Dair Spike, too bad Jiren had low damage percentage and Meteor Cancelled.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Save us Takahashi:

-Goku may be a complete moron on other stuff, but when it comes to fighting he's a ****ing genius.
- J U S T I C E D A B
-Goku with the Dair Spike, too bad Jiren had low damage percentage and Meteor Cancelled.
Dyspo looks like a horse/rabbit hybrid.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
YES! I FINALLY GOT FLOREN FOR NO.5, THE ARCHITECT HEARD MY sobbing CALL, LET'S GO!!!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Save us Takahashi:

- J U S T I C E D A B
That doesn't look good at all, but that HAS to be an inbetween right? I can't imagine that would be a key frame.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so prtip for xenoblade chronicles if you want a super good blade thats easy to power up stock up on black pomegranets
(you can use other items but these are the easiest to farm) they can be found where your boat crashed right at the exit of that "room"

the earliest you can get this blade is chapter 6 if you can find it,

that all being said i need to go feed stumps to a super cow so i can have a easy source of legendary core crystals

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm sure this can't be it, but it's the one that first comes to mind:
When Dickson dropped the act and went full-on ****.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The craziest plot twist was that I was never playing as Zelda.

Game lied to me.

Chrono.

The first Baten Kaitos had a pretty wild plot twist.

Not gonna go into full detail but

Main character was a traitor and working for the other side all along.

Traitors in the party and JRPGs go together like cookies and cream (just ask Tales of), but it's hardly ever the main character themselves. This was also revealed very late into the game as well and makes replaying the game rather weird to look back on, at least during those chapters.

Ultimately he does turn to the side of good for real, but not after some major reveals like him being a failed prototype android.

EDIT: Nearly forgot Star Ocean 3, but this one is just crazy for the wrong reasons.

By the late game it's revealed that the entire SO series up until that point has been taking place inside an MMO being controlled by 4th Dimensional beings (aka us).

The twist was so infamously hated by fans that every game since has been a weird prequel that makes no reference to it as a way to be a medium between folks who hated the twist and folks who did like it.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Poor Perplexed Stoyan, I just fighted three time. And every time, I finished him with a full burst. The poor thing couldn't do anything.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
A couple of the Layton games had some really far out ones. Like ones that surprisingly made sense, yet you still wondered how the heck were those possible. Layton fans will know which ones I'm talking about
I can name several
  • Layton has a son and daughter
  • Laytos son has split personalities
  • Laytons GF is dead and is from the past
  • Clive is a orphan who was killed by The killer of Laytons GF
  • Laytons best friend was the masked villain
  • Laytons father was the villain of the last game
  • Layton isnt named Layton. Layton was Laytons brother
  • BILL HAWKS WASNT ARRESTED BUT CLIVE WAS(Im still salty)

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
https://gonintendo.com/stories/299576-nintendo-s-president-discusses-switch-s-crucial-second-year-ob

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised... just please don't go all seventh gen on us again Ninty... the ocean can only get so blue...
Agree,I'm fifty-fifty on this. I hope Nintendo can keep doing things that other gaming companies don't do but also follow the industry standards. Just don't go what you did with the Wii U Nintendo.... especially when it comes to games.
I like Nintendo release many awesome and unique features and games that are good, but I hate when they release spin off games that just made a lot of people mad...
Poor Perplexed Stoyan, I just fighted three time. And every time, I finished him with a full burst. The poor thing couldn't do anything.
I have said I notice most Blades can only do three Blade combo routes... Pyra can do four... how can I increase the route? If it's related to the story progress then nevermind.
I'm sure this can't be it, but it's the one that first comes to mind:
When Dickson dropped the act and went full-on ****.
I actually already knew he was a traitor since I already saw my brother playing Xenoblade before, but another one that shocked me were:
- Shulk was already dead for the whole time (sort of)
- High Entias' real form are Telethias, only the none pure blood like Melia won't transform...
- The world of Xenoblade all started by an idiot who probably lives in the regular world as the real one is...
so prtip for xenoblade chronicles if you want a super good blade thats easy to power up stock up on black pomegranets
(you can use other items but these are the easiest to farm) they can be found where your boat crashed right at the exit of that "room"

the earliest you can get this blade is chapter 6 if you can find it,

that all being said i need to go feed stumps to a super cow so i can have a easy source of legendary core crystals
Well I will sure check that out once I finish getting all the rare Blade before finishing chapter 5.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I got to start remembering how long a Splatfest lasts. I was busy, didn't play much yesterday, thought I had some time today (and it doesn't help that I keep getting confused with the 3 day runs of ARMS' Party Crashes).

At least I got 5 Super Sea Snails.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Princess is in another castle

It's actually:
GEATHJERK came from the future where their civilization was more or less wiped out by the Greater Galactic Coalition, which so happens to have Unite Morphs and Wonder Masks just like the titular characters and Jergingha refers to 100 demons.

It's not just an alien invasion, it's a revenge plot where they want to go back and stop their reason for revenge from ever happening even if it involves creating a Time Paradox (Destroying Earth = No Greater Galactic Coalition = No reason to go back in time to destroy Earth). It's also a twist in that the race is actually called Geathjerk and isn't an acronym like Laambo implied.

In the end though they just ****ed up because Earth has the technology and they know of the GEATHJERK much earlier than they probably should. Also there's now 101 demons (not counting cameos like Kamiya and Bayonetta).

GG Jergingha, you played yourself.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I guess there are a few from Xenoblade that would count.
I think the fact that Shulk was already dead was a pretty big one.
Also, the fact the world of Xenoblade was once Earth.
Finally, the fact that Alvis is the true Monado.
And while I haven't beaten it yet, there are quite a few plot twists from The World Ends With You that would qualify.
-The fact that all of the players of the Reaper's game are dead.
-Shiki's appearance isn't her "real" appearance and just the appearance of her best friend.
-The fact that Joshua is not dead, yet he is still able to participate in the Reaper's game.
Also, there is one plot twist in Final Fantasy X that I technically knew about before I got to the point where it had happened, but I feel is still worth mentioning because it kind of stings.
-The fact that Tidus is merely the dream of the fayth and that defeating Sin for good will result in his death.
But for one I didn't know about prior to playing the game, the reveal that the Final Aeon will become the next Sin is quite a big twist imo.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
D

Deleted member

The Princess is in another castle

It's actually:
GEATHJERK came from the future where their civilization was more or less wiped out by the Greater Galactic Coalition, which so happens to have Unite Morphs and Wonder Masks just like the titular characters and Jergingha refers to 100 demons.

It's not just an alien invasion, it's a revenge plot where they want to go back and stop their reason for revenge from ever happening even if it involves creating a Time Paradox (Destroying Earth = No Greater Galactic Coalition = No reason to go back in time to destroy Earth). It's also a twist in that the race is actually called Geathjerk and isn't an acronym like Laambo implied.

In the end though they just ****ed up because Earth has the technology and they know of the GEATHJERK much earlier than they probably should. Also there's now 101 demons (not counting cameos like Kamiya and Bayonetta).

GG Jergingha, you played yourself.

Oh yeah, I had completely forgot about that plot point
Yeah, that was pretty big, it also gave more to the plot than just being a black and white Evil Alien Race Invading Earth Because They're Evil™

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Plot twists?

In Nier, the mooks you were killing were humans.

In Nier: Automata, the actions of Nier caused humanity to be extinct, making the war the machines and androids are fighting to be pointless.

D

Deleted member

I got the chance to play FEW yesterday, I played about 4 or 5 maps but it gave ne enough to talk about it.
The good stuff: the gameplays is way better than HW, it's much less repetitive and maps have more thought put into them. Lack of monster bosses that ruin the pacing is also just great.
I didn't play with many characters(my friend hasn't beaten the main story yet) but I did enjoy those I played with, they were all fun, especially Takumi and his gatling gun bow. Camilla and her wyvern were also pretty fun.

Now, the bad: I already complained enough about the roster but seeing it in action made me even more angry. Why? Because the clones are literal 1-by-1 clones: they don't have different strong attacks or even different stats, they all control the same. Hell, Sakura even had a wind based attack from Takumi and Lucina felt just as heavy as Chrom. Only their A-Special was different but that doesn't mean much. I didn't play with Leo or any of the Pegasus but I'm willing to bet they're the exact same. This means 5 characters in the base roster are clones of each other(and Celica is a semi clone as I heard her strong attacks differ from Marth's. I'm also willing to assume the two Lords are either identical or near identical).
It also means that not only Niles, Owain and Navarre are being sold as on-disk DLC they're also literal clones(and don't think Minerva, Linde, Tharja and Olivia will get original movesets either).

It also becomes a headscratcher because if they're just gonna clone half the roster, why couldn't they add more characters and separate them by class? Also, even with the stupid DLC, we still don't have a single armored unit, no mounted lances, no Fighters, no Mercs, no Assassins and not a single villain.

Overall, it's fun to play, but even if I got it for free(because I'd never pay for a game that does such terrible pracrices), I wouldn't play it. I just won't get the enjoyment I want from the novelty of playing as my favorite FE characters and I wouldn't be able to force myself to play a Musou game like that.

Hopefully we get a Definitive Edition in 4 years with all the DLC from this game and the content from a new version that alsp gets more DLC. Then I'll consider it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I got the chance to play FEW yesterday, I played about 4 or 5 maps but it gave ne enough to talk about it.
The good stuff: the gameplays is way better than HW, it's much less repetitive and maps have more thought put into them. Lack of monster bosses that ruin the pacing is also just great.
I didn't play with many characters(my friend hasn't beaten the main story yet) but I did enjoy those I played with, they were all fun, especially Takumi and his gatling gun bow. Camilla and her wyvern were also pretty fun.

Now, the bad: I already complained enough about the roster but seeing it in action made me even more angry. Why? Because the clones are literal 1-by-1 clones: they don't have different strong attacks or even different stats, they all control the same. Hell, Sakura even had a wind based attack from Takumi and Lucina felt just as heavy as Chrom. Only their A-Special was different but that doesn't mean much. I didn't play with Leo or any of the Pegasus but I'm willing to bet they're the exact same. This means 5 characters in the base roster are clones of each other(and Celica is a semi clone as I heard her strong attacks differ from Marth's. I'm also willing to assume the two Lords are either identical or near identical).
It also means that not only Niles, Owain and Navarre are being sold as on-disk DLC they're also literal clones(and don't think Minerva, Linde, Tharja and Olivia will get original movesets either).

It also becomes a headscratcher because if they're just gonna clone half the roster, why couldn't they add more characters and separate them by class? Also, even with the stupid DLC, we still don't have a single armored unit, no mounted lances, no Fighters, no Mercs, no Assassins and not a single villain.

Overall, it's fun to play, but even if I got it for free(because I'd never pay for a game that does such terrible pracrices), I wouldn't play it. I just won't get the enjoyment I want from the novelty of playing as my favorite FE characters and I wouldn't be able to force myself to play a Musou game like that.

Hopefully we get a Definitive Edition in 4 years with all the DLC from this game and the content from a new version that alsp gets more DLC. Then I'll consider it.
With cases like Owain and Navarre, most of what is required for playability isn't on-disc. Things like their specials and certain animations that are required for playability aren't in the base game. So in that regard, they're not truly on-disc DLC.

And honestly I think Olivia and possibly Minerva will get new movesets. There's really no character on the roster who'd fit Olivia's sword style, for example.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I would not be surprised if we get a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 around that time. I mean, the Switch hasn't been out for a full year yet. And considering Koei Tecmo wants to do a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 that adds Ike and Roy......well, we'll find out later.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, the new Nanatsu OP sucks ass
A-1 spent all their money on Eromanga last year so now they have to make do. The OP for the OVAs was much better with the silhouette shot of all the Commandments standing together. Here, they all just have separated still shots that don't look menacingly at all. Not to mention the animation in the "generic action scene" is super stiff.
With cases like Owain and Navarre, most of what is required for playability isn't on-disc. Things like their specials and certain animations that are required for playability aren't in the base game. So in that regard, they're not truly on-disc DLC.

And honestly I think Olivia and possibly Minerva will get new movesets. There's really no character on the roster who'd fit Olivia's sword style, for example.
Navarre and Owain are clones of Lyn and Ryoma, respectively. Only thing they are missing is a victory animation.
They also feature in the story(especially Owain who outright joins you) so I don't think Koei ever planned to NOT make them playable. It's clear they held back the content.
I would not be surprised if we get a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 around that time. I mean, the Switch hasn't been out for a full year yet. And considering Koei Tecmo wants to do a Fire Emblem Warriors 2 that adds Ike and Roy......well, we'll find out later.
All I need is for them to actually add FE7 characters because Eliwood and Hector are guarantees and Nino would be the most likely mage from it. Also, Jaffar pls he deserves to show off all his glory. I'd love if they included characters from SS too but I doubt I'd even get Joshua, Valter or Lyon.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The first Baten Kaitos had a pretty wild plot twist.

Not gonna go into full detail but

Main character was a traitor and working for the other side all along.

Traitors in the party and JRPGs go together like cookies and cream (just ask Tales of), but it's hardly ever the main character themselves. This was also revealed very late into the game as well and makes replaying the game rather weird to look back on, at least during those chapters.

Ultimately he does turn to the side of good for real, but not after some major reveals like him being a failed prototype android.

EDIT: Nearly forgot Star Ocean 3, but this one is just crazy for the wrong reasons.

By the late game it's revealed that the entire SO series up until that point has been taking place inside an MMO being controlled by 4th Dimensional beings (aka us).

The twist was so infamously hated by fans that every game since has been a weird prequel that makes no reference to it as a way to be a medium between folks who hated the twist and folks who did like it.
****ing Star Ocean 3! That ending pissed me off so much I think I must have blocked it from my memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom