• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I can not wait for this thread to reach two thousand pages, oh my goodness. Opossum is probably so proud of this thread :yeahboi:.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
They should lock this thread at page 1999 and start Nintenzone 6 for the lelz.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
yeah, was gonna say, it's about that time of year again. I'd give this thread....ehhhh, week and a half, max. Yall post a lot.
Looking thru 4 also reminded me of a lotta people I forgot about (last time I was on a nintenzone Falkoopa wasn't a BR'er, lol, congrats).

D

Deleted member

If this thread locks, I'm calling dibs on making the new thread. Because I SAY SO.
JESUS **** BLAZBLUE CROSS TAG BATTLE HAS 20 BASE CHARACTERS AND 19 UNANNOUNCED DLC CHARACTERS HWHO THOUGHT THIS WAS ACCEPTABLE

Insecurity at its finest. If you can't make a $60-scale game without punishing fans for your mistakes, don't pretend to be a Goliath in gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Y’know... if Gohan kept training after the Cell Games I think he would actually have been able to give Jiren a challenge.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Recently finished watching Teen Titans. It's overrated (I'm pretty sure half of the villains were bank robbers), but I suppose I see why people like it.
Most of the villains are indeed bank robbers, but then again, they're the Teen Titans. Don't expect them to deal with Justice League-tier stuff.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so there are 2 stupid localization things in xenoblade 2, one is they make up a fake month(game takes place in september in japan) and tiger tiger being the name of the arcade machine
now you might not understand why that last one is stupid.....till you look up what the japanese word for tiger is

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
In case people are guessing where the avatar change is coming from, I finished watching Konosuba today.

What a really entertaining show! Pretty much every episode had me smiling with at least scene worthy of a good laugh. I liked how it pokes fun at the Isekai genre to make way for those comedic moments. The art style and animation was iffy at times, and the music was so-so, but I think they fit quite well for the light-hearted nature of the anime.

The characters, while quite simple and not very complex and, were likable and definitely made the show all the more thrilling to watch. Even characters that would normally be annoying in most anime managed to make way for some good comedy, particularly Aqua and Darkness. Both aren't my favorite characters, and while they do stuff that can get grating (like Aqua becoming a crybaby), I have to admit they had some really funny moments. The side characters were cool too: special shoutout to Vanir (the masked commander of the Devil King army) for being a fun villain.

Kazuma was a great MC too. I loved how blunt he was and the way he just called out the isekai cliches and tried to avoid them. He was always quite entertaining to watch. Definitely my second favorite of the show.

And now that I finished the show, I can see why everyone talks about how Megumin is best girl. Admittedly, she too became my favorite character of the show. When she was first introduced, she turns out to be the typical chuunibyou who had a bunch of silly moment, but as the show progressed, it became clear that she had the most common sense of the main cast aside from Kazuma. I enjoyed her honesty and fierceness, and her "Explosion" moments were cool too. She was quite the enjoyable character to watch every time she appeared on screen.

Looking back, I think Konosuba was an enjoyable show. It's not Steins;Gate or Cowboy Bebop levels of amazing, but it's still an entertaining show to watch, especially if you're looking for a good comedy.

Comparing to other isekais I've seen, it would look like this:

Re:Zero >>> Konosuba >>>>>>>>>>>>> Sword Art Online (yes, those are the big three that I recall watching; I still need to watch Log Horizon and No Game No Life).

Not much to saw why SAO is inferior to the other two, but I will say that I think Re:Zero wins out in terms of story, music, and animation (makes sense since this is a more serious anime, so of course those categories would be better), while Konosuba wins out with having the more likable cast of characters.

Y’know... if Gohan kept training after the Cell Games I think he would actually have been able to give Jiren a challenge.
If Gohan never stopped training he would probably be the strongest character in DBZ.

All that hidden potential actually shaped into something. Plus he would have then been able to add god ki to that after BoG.

Of course, then he might not have met Videl or become Great Saiyaman so in the end it would be a negative :troll:
:061:

Chrono.

In case people are guessing where the avatar change is coming from, I finished watching Konosuba today.

What a really entertaining show! Pretty much every episode had me smiling with at least scene worthy of a good laugh. I liked how it pokes fun at the Isekai genre to make way for those comedic moments. The art style and animation was iffy at times, and the music was so-so, but I think they fit quite well for the light-hearted nature of the anime.

The characters, while quite simple and not very complex and, were likable and definitely made the show all the more thrilling to watch. Even characters that would normally be annoying in most anime managed to make way for some good comedy, particularly Aqua and Darkness. Both aren't my favorite characters, and while they do stuff that can get grating (like Aqua becoming a crybaby), I have to admit they had some really funny moments. The side characters were cool too: special shoutout to Vanir (the masked commander of the Devil King army) for being a fun villain.

Kazuma was a great MC too. I loved how blunt he was and the way he just called out the isekai cliches and tried to avoid them. He was always quite entertaining to watch. Definitely my second favorite of the show.

And now that I finished the show, I can see why everyone talks about how Megumin is best girl. Admittedly, she too became my favorite character of the show. When she was first introduced, she turns out to be the typical chuunibyou who had a bunch of silly moment, but as the show progressed, it became clear that she had the most common sense of the main cast aside from Kazuma. I enjoyed her honesty and fierceness, and her "Explosion" moments were cool too. She was quite the enjoyable character to watch every time she appeared on screen.

Looking back, I think Konosuba was an enjoyable show. It's not Steins;Gate or Cowboy Bebop levels of amazing, but it's still an entertaining show to watch, especially if you're looking for a good comedy.

Comparing to other isekais I've seen, it would look like this:

Re:Zero >>> Konosuba >>>>>>>>>>>>> Sword Art Online (yes, those are the big three that I recall watching; I still need to watch Log Horizon and No Game No Life).

Not much to saw why SAO is inferior to the other two, but I will say that I think Re:Zero wins out in terms of story, music, and animation (makes sense since this is a more serious anime, so of course those categories would be better), while Konosuba wins out with having the more likable cast of characters.
Log Horizon is pretty good, NGNL is well liked but I wasn't a fan.

I always heard good things about Re:Zero, I might give it a second shot. I tried watching it once but it felt like Stock Isekai #423412.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
If Gohan never stopped training he would probably be the strongest character in DBZ.

All that hidden potential actually shaped into something. Plus he would have then been able to add god ki to that after BoG.

Of course, then he might not have met Videl or become Great Saiyaman so in the end it would be a negative :troll:
And Goku would never have gone ss god

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Found out there is a way to use a USB controller on the Switch while in tabletop mode.

Just need a USB Type-C-to-A adapter.

Last edited:
And Goku would never have gone ss god
I'm sure he would have wound up with SOME girl (let's be honest Toriyama wouldn't be able handle himself and let Goku be single)

They just probably would have been less interesting than Videl. Either that, or they would have moved Bra up to Super lol.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm sure he would have wound up with SOME girl (let's be honest Toriyama wouldn't be able handle himself and let Goku be single)

They just probably would have been less interesting than Videl. Either that, or they would have moved Bra up to Super lol.
You mean Pan, right?

Chrono.

I'm glad Gohan didn't follow in Goku's footsteps.

But that's more of me disliking the Generation Xerox trope.

It's the issue I have with most of the Boruto characters, "hey here's all these characters who don't have a shred of originality because their personalities and designs are the exact same as their parents!".

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon

I'll be reposting this from the Corrin Social thread and share my top 20 characters from the FE Sorter! It's funner than I thought and took surprisingly shorter than I thought despite including alot of games in it.

This is what I based it on.
Fire Emblems Included: Binding Blade, Blazing Blade, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn, Awakening, Fates, Shadow of Valentia
Fire Emblems Excluded: Shadow Dragon/New Mystery, Genealogy of the Holy War, Tharcia 776

I say this is pretty accurate if I had to make a top 10 FE character list or something. RIP Sacred Stones as no character made it into top 20 lol

You mean Pan, right?
Bra.

Second kid of Vegeta/Bulma.

It's the issue I have with most of the Boruto characters, "hey here's all these characters who don't have a shred of originality because their personalities and designs are the exact same as their parents!".
Does that mean the main characters still suck and only the side characters are decent :p

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Which is why Gohan,Trunks and Josuke are GOAT tier children characters. While the Borutos can get the **** out of my entire face,house, block, street, city, state, country, and continent.

D

Deleted member

@Ivander
I won't be able to grind anymore on the Warriors maps but I made sure to grind Jaffar, Julia and Eliwood before leaving since they were the only ones not fully kitted and waiting for Divine Dew.

Generation Xerox was already a problem in the original Naruto
Jiraya/Orochimaru/Tsunade, Kakashi/Obito/Rin and Nagato/Yahiko/Konan for the whole trio.
Hashirama/Madara and the Sage's sons for Naruto and Sasuke.

Chrono.

@Ivander
I won't be able to grind anymore on the Warriors maps but I made sure to grind Jaffar, Julia and Eliwood before leaving since they were the only ones not fully kitted and waiting for Divine Dew.

Generation Xerox was already a problem in the original Naruto
Jiraya/Orochimaru/Tsunade, Kakashi/Obito/Rin and Nagato/Yahiko/Konan for the whole trio.
Hashirama/Madara and the Sage's sons for Naruto and Sasuke.
Oh definitely. Boruto was just the first example that came to mind.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I. . .I think I may have accidentally created a permanent blood fountain at the Whiterun gate at some point and only just now noticed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Did you feast on it?
I'm a werewolf and a cannibal, but I'm no vampire.

Besides, it's at waist height. And yes, overlapping at specific positions can produce ridiculous imagery.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm a werewolf and a cannibal, but I'm no vampire.

Besides, it's at waist height. And yes, overlapping at specific positions can produce ridiculous imagery.
You’re a lizard person.. you can’t be a werewolf.

You’re a lycanthrope.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You’re a lizard person.. you can’t be a werewolf.

You’re a lycanthrope.
No he's a werewolf.

Lycanthropy extends to other conditions, like werebears and wereboars.

Lizard people are still people.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Literally if Nintendo just made a direct revealing Virtual Console is coming back and GCN is part of it. That’d be hype af. Especially if they confirmed Path of Radiance was one of the first games.

No he's a werewolf.

Do you actually turn into a wolf creature? Also I guess I can’t be racist to the lizard people if I’m a big ass Orc bro.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Literally if Nintendo just made a direct revealing Virtual Console is coming back and GCN is part of it. That’d be hype af. Especially if they confirmed Path of Radiance was one of the first games.

Do you actually turn into a wolf creature? Also I guess I can’t be racist to the lizard people if I’m a big *** Orc bro.
Werewolves look the same, regardless of which race transforms.

Argonian werewolves are the same as any other.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
No he's a werewolf.

Ugh, Werebears are the worst, too.

Good thing they seem to stay on Solstheim.

My player character is just as feminine as I am, though, thank you. . .I mean apparently. Somehow a lizard makes all the girls jealous LOL. There IS the Lusty Argonian Maid, though. . .

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Log Horizon is pretty good, NGNL is well liked but I wasn't a fan.

I always heard good things about Re:Zero, I might give it a second shot. I tried watching it once but it felt like Stock Isekai #423412.
I remember the first three episodes of Re:Zero felt rather average, but I started to like it when the second arc came about and introduced some more characters (arc 2 begins around episode 4), and it was from episode 10 that I started to really enjoy it.

I'm not sure when you dropped it, but if it was earlier, the above is just an indicator to when I personally started to like the show.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

My player character is just as feminine as I am, though, thank you. . .I mean apparently. Somehow a lizard makes all the girls jealous LOL. There IS the Lusty Argonian Maid, though. . .
Werebears can only be found on Solstheim. I always kill them before they can transform.

The Lusty Argonian Maid is one of the funniest easter eggs.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

If it’s as feminine as you... is it really feminine or barely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom