• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Now this may be my ignorant but safe west coast mind talking...

But what is a water bug?
A slightly less annoying bug than cockroaches. They come into my apartment all the time and I have to kill them.

D

Deleted member

>Enter the Ultra Wormhole
>You arrived at a warp hole that was 2,478 light-years away from where you were.
>I... I like these numbers
>****in Shiny Swanna

Y E S
E
S
Congratulations on finding a Shiny! Shiny hunting for all of the legendaries is a lot harder than it looks in U.S.U.M.

The latter. That said, I have a feeling that one reason we may not have seen a Mega Man game is because of how poorly the Wii U sold and it goes without saying that Nintendo fans are Mega Man's biggest audience.
I am fine with it on the Nintendo Switch, and I do not care if it does not end up in the PS4 or Xbox One, but I am hoping it ends up in Steam. I still think the Nintendo Switch is a masterpiece, do not get me wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a challenge for ya.

I want you to name your personal three top heartwarming movie moments.

What moments really got to ya?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
**** **** Ive never been this bored before

1) Chihiro finding out who Haku was in Spirited Away
Thats really All I can think of

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

**** **** Ive never been this bored before

1) Chihiro finding out who Haku was in Spirited Away
Thats really All I can think of
There will always be something interesting in the chat, do not get too bored yet. Try talking about the events that are happening in Nintendo right now. That is always interesting.

I really do not know to be honest. I might have to research the movies I saw and look at all the heartwarming moments.

I honestly only can think of one, but it realllllllllllllllllly got to me. Never cried because of media, but this is the closest I was.

Inside Out, when Riley comes home after running away. I had been going through a rough time, and Riley breaking down made me break down because I basically saw myself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean getting bitten is only dangerous if it's a particularly deadly variety or something, which you shouldn't have to worry about unless you live in Australia or Africa or somewhere like that. I've woken up with spider bites before. They tend to cause an annoying itch and leave a bit of a lump, but it's nothing to be concerned about.

Fun fact - the average human swallows at least eight spiders in their sleep over the course of their life.

View attachment 134273
. That is a very spread myth. In fact there’s even people furthering proving it by letting spiders crawl in their mouth. The spiders just leave and it’s been proven that you do not swallow them.
Meg Griffin will become a Disney Princess.

Homer Simpson will drive the Pizza Truck now.

Peter Griffin will have a canonical cameo in Star Wars.

Slideshow Bob joins the Avengers

Hank Hill vs Thanos
This last two are what we really need from the deal forget get fox’s marvel Properties
Please be real.

Don't bring up my hopes like this

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/399105082
. *sees Billy Hatcher. Please let it happen! I need another one of these with my boy billy. I would buy it day. The Wii U one was a lot of fun.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Ah geez, if you said "tv show heartwarming moments" that'd be a lot easier for me since I can remember heartwarming tv show moments better than movies...but I'll still give it a shot.

1.) Darth Vader turning back to the good side and sacrificing himself in order to save his son, Luke Skywalker's, life.
2.) Nemo re-unites with his father, Marlin.
3.) Sam giving up his well-being and freedom to make sure that Frodo stays alive and well, even if it means carrying him on his back.

D

Deleted member

All right, I have made my four heartwarming movie moments that got to me. I just wanted to do four.

Toy Story Three: The Ending. - I think that gets to everyone, including me.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King:
The Ending. Notably this quote: "Bow to no one"

The Dark Knight: - The last ten minutes of the movie. ( The movie scenes when Harvey tries to kill Gordon's family all the way through end. ). Especially this quote: "He's not a hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. The Dark Knight."

To Kill a Mockingbird: The ending of the movie, which is when Boo Radley saves Jem and Scout. I would like to mention the moment when Scout finds Boo Radley and Atticus thanking him for saving his children.

All of them are basically the end of the movies. Thank you for reading!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Can't think of three right now but the other day, I watched the movie "Scent of a Woman" and there are a bunch of heartwarming scenes.

This one on particular is kind of legendary. Spoilers of course, would recommend watching the movie first instead if you haven't.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Congratulations on finding a Shiny! Shiny hunting for all of the legendaries is a lot harder than it looks in U.S.U.M.

I am fine with it on the Nintendo Switch, and I do not care if it does not end up in the PS4 or Xbox One, but I am hoping it ends up in Steam. I still think the Nintendo Switch is a masterpiece, do not get me wrong.
I believe it's been confirmed to be on Microsoft Windows which I presume means Steam. I know that the X games are going to show up on Steam as well.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
It only took me 5 hours, 5 ****ing hours to find Guzzlord's dimension.
It was worth it; its Ultra Space is pretty cool, eerie and dark at the same time.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
"I sell Keyblades and Keyblade Accessories."

Rizen

Smash Legend
People don't swallow 8 spiders in their sleep; that's an (excuse the expression) old wives' tale.

Mega Man X stuff:
It's weird they're not bundling them together. I got the MMX Collection for game cube.
X1 was good but needed refining.
X2 was the best with versatile, useful weapons and great level design.
X3 was really good but didn't have quight as good levels as x2.
X4 was cheesy but still fun and the different characters shined in their own ways so good level and boss design in that sense. Also "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR?!!"
X5 kind of tanked. It was entertaining I guess.
X6 had a load of problems. Which was a real shame because it also had some great ideas like nightmare effects and hidden levels. The story felt unfinished (Issac whaa-?) but could have been very compelling.

I didn't play the rest.

Chrono.

X6 may have been hot garbage, but the soundtrack was GOAT.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I always remember those badass "X vs Zero Decisive Battle" sprite animations on YouTube when someone mentions MMX.

Chrono.

Played more XC2.

Mythra's pretty... annoying? So far anyway. She's the textbook tsundere and that comes with all related annoying tropes such as thinking Rex was a pervert at one point and generally being hostile to him. Hopefully she gets better/acts nicer as the game goes along.

Other than that, I'm still really enjoying the game. As well as the characters and story. I've been playing around with using the dub more but Rex's delivery of a lot of his lines + how the voice acting doesn't quite match the emotion shown on screen bugs to the point of switching back. Which is a shame because Nia's VA is A+++

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The strange thing about Mega Man X as a series is while near everyone agrees the first game was brilliant, the 7th game was a disaster and the 8th game was a step in the right direction but not enough to save it, no-one can agree on where it took a turn for the worst.

The most common one I hear is X6 where they just didn't know when to leave the series (and Zero) to lie but I've heard cases made for everything from X5, all the way back to X2.

I want to play the collection so I can see for myself.

Chrono.

X is just kind of a weird series.

It's supposed to be the more story driven counterpart to Classic but it plays it just as safe for the most part and the quality of the games themselves is all over the place.

As for me, I think X6 is where it really went downhill. X4 was decent, I know a lot of people liked it (to the point where I frequently see it as folks 2nd best game after X1) but it's not my favorite and I thought X5 was pretty good, maybe a bit too easy but I was really into it. X6 just had a lot of weird mechanics that sounded interesting on paper but end up just frustrating the player. And that's not even getting into the needlessly punishing level design or how the game was so obviously slap dashed in a couple months.

Never played X7, but it does seem that game is really disliked mostly due to Axl and the weird experimental 3D mechanics. X8 was pretty good, underrated even.

D

Deleted member

Decided to support Sigurd on this VG simply because he's the only one of those units I have besides Priscilla and I want those bonus points.
I still need to wait until round 2 to get eniugh coins for the CD3 seal

Also, MHA has even more stuff coming in 2018
http://comicbook.com/anime/amp/2017/12/06/my-hero-academia-anime-film-2018-manga/
>Season 3
>A movie
>OVA based on the RPG designs
>One's Justice
2018 is the year of heroes and since there's all these good vibes, have a reminder that Iida ****ing killed the Problematic Child™
b214bc91-854a-4474-920f-58906d4b9aa6.jpg

Rizen

Smash Legend
The first 3 x games were classics that ran on the same system, the snes. I don't see how anyone could dislike them unless you don't care for the x series in general. They had the fastest pace due to the X sprite being smaller than the ps1 games. I'm really glad they went back to that system for the MM Zero series.

The PS1 era is when the games started to decline. I felt more limited in what the characters could do and bosses only took little unsatisfying clanks of damage. 4 was still solid though. I didn't think the ticking clock story style on 5 was well done and the levels weren't as fun. Compare Bubble Crab's x2 stage to the whale's x5 stage; x2 had much more room and gave you the freedom to explore or destroy the ship for a possible secret boss. X5's level was a slow boxed in auto scroller. Another example would be X2's Ostrich stage vs x 4's stingray or x5's squid stages; x2 had optional bike riding and was much more open. 4 and 5 were forced auto scrollers. Still 4 and 5 didn't have major issues like 6.

X6 I have a love/hate relationship with. It had some of the most creative design choices in the series; they sadly were poorly implemented. Directing lasers with mirrors in the shell stage, the trash compactor in the shark's stage, reality warping totem polls in the museum, toxic rain all were fresh and good ideas. Alternate hidden nightmare areas and equipment chips would have been great if they were tested properly instead of the mess we got. Bosses like Infinity whatever, and others were actually great designs that made you think and feel pressured.
But it just wasn't made well. There was an area you couldn't jump in the shadow armor (no mid air jump) and got soft locked if you entered the nightmare portal on that level. It had all sorts of good ideas done wrong like the mirror lasers or falling ice blocks. The story captivated me and it was cool to see parts of the female reploid's past but it ended up feeling incomplete and dropping major plot points. The entire game was a diamond ring that fell through the garbage disposal.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I always remember those badass "X vs Zero Decisive Battle" sprite animations on YouTube when someone mentions MMX.
I still watch those videos to this day. Still gets me hyped every time.

The first 3 x games were classics that ran on the same system, the snes. I don't see how anyone could dislike them unless you don't care for the x series in general. They had the fastest pace due to the X sprite being smaller than the ps1 games. I'm really glad they went back to that system for the MM Zero series.

The PS1 era is when the games started to decline. I felt more limited in what the characters could do and bosses only took little unsatisfying clanks of damage. 4 was still solid though. I didn't think the ticking clock story style on 5 was well done and the levels weren't as fun. Compare Bubble Crab's x2 stage to the whale's x5 stage; x2 had much more room and gave you the freedom to explore or destroy the ship for a possible secret boss. X5's level was a slow boxed in auto scroller. Another example would be X2's Ostrich stage vs x 4's stingray or x5's squid stages; x2 had optional bike riding and was much more open. 4 and 5 were forced auto scrollers. Still 4 and 5 didn't have major issues like 6.

X6 I have a love/hate relationship with. It had some of the most creative design choices in the series; they sadly were poorly implemented. Directing lasers with mirrors in the shell stage, the trash compactor in the shark's stage, reality warping totem polls in the museum, toxic rain all were fresh and good ideas. Alternate hidden nightmare areas and equipment chips would have been great if they were tested properly instead of the mess we got. Bosses like Infinity whatever, and others were actually great designs that made you think and feel pressured.
But it just wasn't made well. There was an area you couldn't jump in the shadow armor (no mid air jump) and got soft locked if you entered the nightmare portal on that level. It had all sorts of good ideas done wrong like the mirror lasers or falling ice blocks. The story captivated me and it was cool to see parts of the female reploid's past but it ended up feeling incomplete and dropping major plot points. The entire game was a diamond ring that fell through the garbage disposal.
X3 for me is my least favourite of the SNES X trilogy, because nothing really... happens. Its kind of a filler game imo.

RE: Shadow Armour jump

Is that the jump in Gate's 2nd/3rd stage? The one after that boss where its those big square robot things flying around the room.

If it is, it is possible to get across, although the timing is kind of strict.

X is just kind of a weird series.

It's supposed to be the more story driven counterpart to Classic but it plays it just as safe for the most part and the quality of the games themselves is all over the place.

As for me, I think X6 is where it really went downhill. X4 was decent, I know a lot of people liked it (to the point where I frequently see it as folks 2nd best game after X1) but it's not my favorite and I thought X5 was pretty good, maybe a bit too easy but I was really into it. X6 just had a lot of weird mechanics that sounded interesting on paper but end up just frustrating the player. And that's not even getting into the needlessly punishing level design or how the game was so obviously slap dashed in a couple months.

Never played X7, but it does seem that game is really disliked mostly due to Axl and the weird experimental 3D mechanics. X8 was pretty good, underrated even.
For me personally, X7 is where it went downhill.

Despite all the hate X6 gets, I still really enjoy the game because Zero is a thing. X7 was just annoying af to play, but thankfully X8 was great.

Rizen

Smash Legend
RE: Shadow Armour jump

Is that the jump in Gate's 2nd/3rd stage? The one after that boss where its those big square robot things flying around the room.

If it is, it is possible to get across, although the timing is kind of strict.
No it's the nightmare area of Commander Yammark's stage.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now this may be my ignorant but safe west coast mind talking...

But what is a water bug?
I'm in the same boat but too scared to ask
As per Wikipedia:

Belostomids are aggressive predators which stalk, capture, and feed on aquatic invertebrates, snails, crustaceans, fish, and amphibians. The largest species have also been found to capture and feed on baby turtles and water snakes. They often lie motionless at the bottom of a body of water, attached to various objects, where they wait for prey to come near. They then strike, injecting a powerful digestive saliva with their rostrum, and sucking out the liquefied remains. Although their bite is excruciatingly painful, it is of no medical significance. Adults cannot breathe under water, so must surface periodically for air. Occasionally, when encountered by a larger predator, such as a human, they have been known to "play dead" and emit a fluid from their anus. Due to this, they are assumed dead by humans only to later "come alive" with painful results.

So yeah, they're about an inch long and will attack you, leaving a giant ass welt, too. And they ****ing take down full grown frogs. They're also called Alligator Ticks, if you want more reason to be afraid.

And now for images. Spoiler tagged for folks like me who are prone to freaking out. The things I do for you, people.

THEY'LL ****ING GRAB YOU WITH THOSE.

LOOK AT THOSE ALIEN-ASS EYES.

THIS HELLSPAWN KEEPS THE SMALLER HELLSPAWN ON HIS BACK UNTIL THEY BURST OUT FROM THE GATES OF HELL.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Been traveling through the Ultra Cornholio for a while.
>I got lazy and stop saving after reaching a dimension.
>Shiny Altaria appears.
>Altaria used Perish Song!
>An active Roto Catch allows me to catch it with an Ultra Ball at full health.
>One more turn and my Master Ball would have been gone.

Always Save, Manhandla Guy.

As per Wikipedia:

Belostomids are aggressive predators which stalk, capture, and feed on aquatic invertebrates, snails, crustaceans, fish, and amphibians. The largest species have also been found to capture and feed on baby turtles and water snakes. They often lie motionless at the bottom of a body of water, attached to various objects, where they wait for prey to come near. They then strike, injecting a powerful digestive saliva with their rostrum, and sucking out the liquefied remains. Although their bite is excruciatingly painful, it is of no medical significance. Adults cannot breathe under water, so must surface periodically for air. Occasionally, when encountered by a larger predator, such as a human, they have been known to "play dead" and emit a fluid from their anus. Due to this, they are assumed dead by humans only to later "come alive" with painful results.

So yeah, they're about an inch long and will attack you, leaving a giant *** welt, too. And they ****ing take down full grown frogs. They're also called Alligator Ticks, if you want more reason to be afraid.

And now for images. Spoiler tagged for folks like me who are prone to freaking out. The things I do for you, people.

THEY'LL ****ING GRAB YOU WITH THOSE.

LOOK AT THOSE ALIEN-*** EYES.

THIS HELLSPAWN KEEPS THE SMALLER HELLSPAWN ON HIS BACK UNTIL THEY BURST OUT FROM THE GATES OF HELL.
Expected Surskit. Got Satan.
Time to use Stone Edge... or just a huge*** brick.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Media Create sales are out. XC2 was second best selling in Japan last week, after USUM.
2. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 97,732 / NEW

And apparently it's the highest opening for the series yet, looking good Nintendo.
[WII] Xenoblade (Nintendo) {2010.06.10} - 82.952 / NEW
[WIU] Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo) {2015.04.29} - 85.586 / NEW

D

Deleted member

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
We talking about the MMX games?

IMO, X1, X4, and X8 are the best. I can pretty much go any which way on those. They're all pretty simple and tightly designed. X8 does make steps to add more replayability and optional content but does it in a way that isn't intrusive.

X2 and X5 are still great, though I can't replay them quite as easily as the others. X2 for being so similar to X1 yet not doing anything substantial to improve things (aside from giving you the dash from the start). I also didn't have as much fun with the weapons in that game. X5 has the doomsday mechanic and stuff and it works well, but it makes it a little more involved so it's not as pick-up and play as the others.

X3 is passable. It's probably the most forgettable game in the series though. The boss design was a step down and there was a lot more backtracking.

X6 was just a hot mess. It had tons of interesting ideas but they had way too little time to flesh out all of those ideas.

X7 I haven't played fully, but it was a mediocre experiment. Not terrible, it's just kinda boring though. And needing to unlock X was just a dumb decision.

Also shoutout to Maverick Hunter X on the PSP. It's a really solid remake of X1, with the main new feature being the ability to play as Vile, who is tons of fun to play as.

Command Mission is interesting if you want an MMX RPG. I didn't finish it but it's kinda mixed. The battle system was really good, but the dungeons were pretty bland and the story was kinda just cobbled together from scraps or something. It also had a bad habit of giving you the same enemy waves for big stretches of time.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Didn't X5 had RNG decide if you got the good or bad ending? I remember it being possible to get Zero fully upgraded and the game could still force you to have Zero take the shuttle instead of the laser, leaving you with X, without Heart Tanks, Sub tanks, a Weapon tank and Light Capsules, though you can get the Light Capsules as Zero doesn't use them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom