• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Finding a huge ass spider in your room makes you question so many things, even if you managed to kill it: what if I had gone to sleep early and not seen it? Would I have been bitten by it and died in my sleep? What if there are more? What if it isn't dead? Would my roommate understand ny reasoning for burning down the apartment? What material is better used to start a fire? Or are explosions more efficient?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Finding a huge *** spider in your room makes you question so many things, even if you managed to kill it: what if I had gone to sleep early and not seen it? Would I have been bitten by it and died in my sleep? What if there are more? What if it isn't dead? Would my roommate understand ny reasoning for burning down the apartment? What material is better used to start a fire? Or are explosions more efficient?
Little did you realize the spider was guarding you from the true evil.

You killed a friend, your roommate. How could you, Shoe.

D

Deleted member

Recently, I realised how much FOE looked like the "You're already dead" meme in one part of the F.O.E. video so I decided to make this
download53521826_ed_2f0_2fPictures_2fScreenshots_2fScreenshot_20171202-124250.png

It radiates pure fear into me
Little did you realize the spider was guarding you from the true evil.

You killed a friend, your roommate. How could you, Shoe.
Who is the true evil? And nah, the spider isn't my roommate. Little spidey isn't a complete ass.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Finding a huge *** spider in your room makes you question so many things, even if you managed to kill it: what if I had gone to sleep early and not seen it? Would I have been bitten by it and died in my sleep? What if there are more? What if it isn't dead? Would my roommate understand ny reasoning for burning down the apartment? What material is better used to start a fire? Or are explosions more efficient?
I mean getting bitten is only dangerous if it's a particularly deadly variety or something, which you shouldn't have to worry about unless you live in Australia or Africa or somewhere like that. I've woken up with spider bites before. They tend to cause an annoying itch and leave a bit of a lump, but it's nothing to be concerned about.

Fun fact - the average human swallows at least eight spiders in their sleep over the course of their life.

1512514789749.png

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Meg Griffin will become a Disney Princess.

Homer Simpson will drive the Pizza Truck now.

Peter Griffin will have a canonical cameo in Star Wars.

Slideshow Bob joins the Avengers

Hank Hill vs Thanos

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
King of the Hill in Kingdom Hearts is better
Forget that they have Hell’s Kitchen. Gordon Ramsey could be in their with his nobody Doxgron.

Fox.

To put it into perspective, if this goes through, Disney gets the rights to:
- X-Men and Fantastic Four film rights
- Distribution rights for A New Hope
- Blue Sky (Rio and Ice Age)
- The Simpsons and other Fox-owned animated series like Family Guy
- The full rights to films like The Revenant and Avatar
- Pretty much the whole company except Fox News, which stays its own unrelated entity

It's a massive buyout if it goes through.
Wonder how long until we see MCU X-men and Fantastic 4 movies

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Recently, I realised how much FOE looked like the "You're already dead" meme in one part of the F.O.E. video so I decided to make this
View attachment 134272
It radiates pure fear into me

Who is the true evil? And nah, the spider isn't my roommate. Little spidey isn't a complete ***.
Not a problem for someone in South America, but here?

Let me tell you about the Pennsylvania Wood Cockroach.

So these things are all over the place in the summer. "But wait," you say, "cockroaches are attracted to filth, why would they be swarming?" And to that I say, well hot damn, I thought the same thing. Nah, these things. These little ****ers. They just live right out in the woods. Guess where my place is? The woods. And if you forget to shut your window on a warm spring or summer day, and you do so much as open a bag of chips? They'll smell them. Oh, will they smell them. And they WILL find a way into your house. They'll crawl all around. They'll scurry. If you're on your laptop they'll crawl over the screen and leave you flailing in a panic attack, screaming at the top of your lungs if you're like me and have a massive fear of roaches.

And then you try to swat them away. And that's when you find out that these aren't the kinds of roaches you heard about getting in houses. Though you fear their presence, you at least know what you're dealing with. Oh no, not these.

These ones fly.

And they will fly right at you and walk over your forearm as you scream and you scream, wishing only for the sweet embrace of death to save you. And then one gets in your hair. And you scream and you pull at your hair, desperate to claw it out. And then you realize it's not the only one. And then your family finally sees what's going on and they freak out. And then you do what I did and instinctively punch the roach and it dies. Then you punch another, but part of it gets on your hand and you scream again.

And then you seal the window and throw the chips away. And then you take a good long shower to cleanse yourself of the foul beasts.

Then one flies in the shower.

And you freak out again. And then you sear it with the hot water and watch the life drain from its demonic face as it gets sucked down the drain, boiled alive. Then you go to bed, having killed what you thought were all the invaders. But you can't sleep, fearing they'll return. Eventually your body gives way regardless and you sleep. Then you wake up, and you see in your windowsill is a spider friend. And in his web? The final roach, unable to have murdered you in your sleep because of the actions of a brave and hungry arachnid. Thankfully these guys don't breed indoors, so you can manage them by killing them. Alternatively, you can feed them to the spiders. That's what I do now. Whenever it's summer and one finds its way in, I trap it and throw it, still alive, into a spider web so my eight legged savior can know it's wanted. That it matters.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Don't go in unprepared. That little spider can save you and has your best interest at heart, even if it doesn't know it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

So these things are all over the place in the summer. "But wait," you say, "cockroaches are attracted to filth, why would they be swarming?" And to that I say, well hot damn, I thought the same thing. Nah, these things. These little ****ers. They just live right out in the woods. Guess where my place is? The woods. And if you forget to shut your window on a warm spring or summer day, and you do so much as open a bag of chips? They'll smell them. Oh, will they smell them. And they WILL find a way into your house. They'll crawl all around. They'll scurry. If you're on your laptop they'll crawl over the screen and leave you flailing in a panic attack, screaming at the top of your lungs if you're like me and have a massive fear of roaches.

And then you try to swat them away. And that's when you find out that these aren't the kinds of roaches you heard about getting in houses. Though you fear their presence, you at least know what you're dealing with. Oh no, not these.

These ones fly.

And they will fly right at you and walk over your forearm as you scream and you scream, wishing only for the sweet embrace of death to save you. And then one gets in your hair. And you scream and you pull at your hair, desperate to claw it out. And then you realize it's not the only one. And then your family finally sees what's going on and they freak out. And then you do what I did and instinctively punch the roach and it dies. Then you punch another, but part of it gets on your hand and you scream again.

And then you seal the window and throw the chips away. And then you take a good long shower to cleanse yourself of the foul beasts.

And you freak out again. And then you sear it with the hot water and watch the life drain from its demonic face as it gets sucked down the drain, boiled alive. Then you go to bed, having killed what you thought were all the invaders. But you can't sleep, fearing they'll return. Eventually your body gives way regardless and you sleep. Then you wake up, and you see in your windowsill is a spider friend. And in his web? The final roach, unable to have murdered you in your sleep because of the actions of a brave and hungry arachnid. Thankfully these guys don't breed indoors, so you can manage them by killing them. Alternatively, you can feed them to the spiders. That's what I do now. Whenever it's summer and one finds its way in, I trap it and throw it, still alive, into a spider web so my eight legged savior can know it's wanted. That it matters.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Don't go in unprepared. That little spider can save you and has your best interest at heart, even if it doesn't know it.
If a cockroachs comes into my house I will first shoot the place up then burn then ouse down

D

Deleted member

These ones fly.

I asked for an answer, not a full on horror story

Opo, you should write horror, me thinks

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

These ones fly.

That was a wild ride.
10/10, got motivated to buy a gallon of Ortho Pest Control.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>The japanese name of Dahlia, the busty af blade is Tsuki.
>Tsuki means Moon
>She's a rabbit
>Rabbit in japanese is Usagi
>She's a Moon Rabbit
>Moon Rabbit = Usagi Tsuki-OH NO
um...
This Blade is Tsuki too...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

These ones fly.

You should pitch this as a movie idea to Disney/Pixar or something.

At least you don't get water bugs. My New York friend hates them.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You should pitch this as a movie idea to Disney/Pixar or something.

At least you don't get water bugs. My New York friend hates them.
That's the best part.

I live by a lake. We do get water bugs, and they're the only thing I fear more than roaches. For my sanity's sake I'm glad I never encountered one, but hot damn am I dreading that day.

Chrono.

We used to get a lot of roaches and spiders in our old house, but this one is relatively bug free.

Thank God too because I'm arachnophobic and as I got older it got harder to deal with spiders showing up inside the house.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Once I got a small roach invasion on the first floor of my house.
One day I stayed up until 3am waiting for them to come out of their hidings to strike them with my overwhelming wrath.
Im sure I killed at least 50 of all types and sizes that night.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
There are quite a few spiders around here, but they'e all pretty small so they aren't bothersome.

Still, nothing will make me forget the day I pulled my shoes out of the closet and some giant spider just randomly jumped from behind them. And then I went to go get something to kill and it just vanished. And then I had to take a baseball bat to bed every night in fear.

Wow, thanks for ruining putting on shoes, random big spider.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My thoughts on what’s gonna happen in the next Dragon Ball Super.

i think Universe 7 will lose atleast one fighter but Universe 4 will get wiped out.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fox.

To put it into perspective, if this goes through, Disney gets the rights to:
- X-Men and Fantastic Four film rights
- Distribution rights for A New Hope
- Blue Sky (Rio and Ice Age)
- The Simpsons and other Fox-owned animated series like Family Guy
- The full rights to films like The Revenant and Avatar
- Pretty much the whole company except Fox News, which stays its own unrelated entity

It's a massive buyout if it goes through.
Simpsons can stay around. Let Family Guy fade into nothingness.
Hey, Lois! Remember the time I defeated a Heartless army?

...I'll take my leave.
Why? I now want to see this once and than let FG fade into nothingness.

Also, I entered a topic about spiders, roaches and water bugs.........I didn't need any of that sleep anyway.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
on one hand, Disney now owns all entertainment, all art, and your family.

on the other hand, now wolverine man is friends with captain america man!

D

Deleted member

Mega Man is the true Hero of this thread; as he kept us from talking about Pyra for a day.
I bet you must have been secretly salty that no one loved your waifu for the day.
This can only mean one thing.

Mega ManXPyra is canon.
That's not the strangest thing I've ever heard of, so...

I don't know where Nintendo got "Superhero" mode from, unless they meant "Expert" or "Superhero" is an unlockable difficulty.

ResidentSleeper

Also unironically saying "triggered" View attachment 134266

Here's Sigma with a party hat to lighten the mood.

Eh, there are better Mega Man fan art there. Like this:

Hey so remember when I posted that screenshot of Mega Man in some very Omega-Xis like armor?

Well turns out the screenshot is from the new Game Informer mag, so it's real after all.
I guess that's neat.

So, I have to get this off my chest, you guys can ignore this, this is just me venting.

So you guys know all those right wing hacks in the USA, complaining about refugees? Well its pretty clear to me that, if the right wing hacks were actually serious about stopping the need for the refugees to come to Europe and the USA, they'd make sure the USA Government would stop interfering in the Middle East, and force the Republicans from to stop perpetuating the drug war in Mexico, Central and South America. Cause if you honestly think about it, having the USA stop interfering in these places, it would lead to more stability for those countries, which means the need for people to flee their home countries would go down.

And with that off my chest, its cool Megaman is back, and I think Capcom not doing anything with Megaman for the past few years was a good thing, cause he got over saturated, in my opinion, and since he's been gone a while he now has the chance to make a big splash again, like Bomberman did.
Speaking of Bomberman, I still need to get a Switch and that game since I've heard it's gotten a lot better since release.

We are about to enter into some crazy times folks.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I for one welcome out Mouse overlords
Oh and for those worried about a potential monopoly, even with this buyout, Disney would only own roughly 33% of the market. Folks like Warner Bros. would still be heavy competition.

What IS neat though is that if Disney buys Fox, they own the majority of Hulu (as it was an even split between a few companies) meaning Disney could effectively retool Hulu to be the Disney streaming service they've been wanting to make.
Nothing against buyouts in general but I would be wary of a company owning so much of the market. Who's to say that the other movie companies won't respond with their own merger, further narrowing the environment for movies? Furthermore, how much of Fox's properties will they use or will they kill off everything but the most popular brands (Marvel, Avatar, Simpsons, Family Guy, etc)? Disney may not be a monopoly yet but they are headed there and even a oligopoly is bad for industries that are so large.
---
Edit:
I forgot to do this but here are my current thoughts on Mega Man 11:

It's about time the franchise makes the jump to 3D (which is what 2.5D really is). It was tiresome to see the same visuals consistently and I am glad the franchise is moving on. I also like how there are going to be changes to how the game works, like a new game play mechanics and Mega Man not always looking like a recolor when he changes Robot Masters. Plus adding back the charge and slide ability was much needed after 9 and 10 decided to do away with that.

Having said that, the music could be better. It sounds like generic pop and a huge part of the franchise is great music. Hopefully this is just one song and does not define the entire soundtrack. Also the walking animation is weird and I hope they fix that before release next year.

Edit 2: Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo No I am not Jakor, he has his own account under the same name.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Speaking of Bomberman, I still need to get a Switch and that game since I've heard it's gotten a lot better since release.
A LOT of content has been added/fixed in that game since launch (and we know there's some more is coming as there's at least one upcoming character).

If you were worried about price/content, it's really worth it now.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A LOT of content has been added/fixed in that game since launch (and we know there's some more is coming as there's at least one upcoming character).

Did they do anything for the story bosses? The first guy was impossible for me to beat.

D

Deleted member

Hank Hill vs Thanos
Oh come on, Hank Hill easily wins that match up. I think Hank Hill versus Jimmy Neutron or Squidward Tennisballs would be the best fight to watch.

My question is is Mega Man 11 a Nintendo Switch exclusive or it is going on the three main consoles ( Xbox One, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch ) and Steam?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
I'd wager that this is the most active thread on Smashboards.

Fascinating. I do enjoy reading about everything, though.

:093:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
>Enter the Ultra Wormhole
>You arrived at a warp hole that was 2,478 light-years away from where you were.
>I... I like these numbers
>****in Shiny Swanna

Y E S
E
S

I bet you must have been secretly salty that no one loved your waifu for the day.
Not really, I lowkey think Myhra is better. :V

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Now this may be my ignorant but safe west coast mind talking...

But what is a water bug?

D

Deleted member

Yeah that was my main concern, especially since I will not be doing online play for the Switch once they start charging us for it (especially since it looks like a poor value when Steam offers free online and PSN offers a much better deal).
Oh come on, Hank Hill easily wins that match up. I think Hank Hill versus Jimmy Neutron or Squidward Tennisballs would be the best fight to watch.

My question is is Mega Man 11 a Nintendo Switch exclusive or it is going on the three main consoles ( Xbox One, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch ) and Steam?
The latter. That said, I have a feeling that one reason we may not have seen a Mega Man game is because of how poorly the Wii U sold and it goes without saying that Nintendo fans are Mega Man's biggest audience.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
>Enter the Ultra Wormhole
>You arrived at a warp hole that was 2,478 light-years away from where you were.
>I... I like these numbers
>****in Shiny Swanna

Y E S
E
S

Not really, I lowkey think Myhra is better. :V
If it were a shiny steelix it would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom