• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
New MvC:I alt costumes

X and Zero got the short straws here. The others look great and they made Gamora's Classic costume look not ****.

Ivander

Smash Legend
New MvC:I alt costumes

X and Zero got the short straws here. The others look great and they made Gamora's Classic costume look not ****.

X and Zero are strange. Like what are they referencing exactly? Strider Hien for Strider is rather surprising and cool. I like Frank West's Protoman costume for the wrong reasons. It reminds me too much of Ruby Spears Protoman for some reason.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
For a while, although I can't say exactly how long as I used the trick to leave your game on so the game would keep farming for Credits and the other thing used for stuff(simply leaving it on will eventually stop giving you stuff unless you trick the game that you are active, like using a Fan and String to move the Control Stick every few seconds, since keeping the control stick in one direction forever eventually reveals your AFK status).
That being said, I played enough to understand the more advanced mechanics. But I do need to get back into it as I have this habit of forgetting to play again when something new comes out and it's been a long while since I last played it. Hopefully, I'll get a chance on the Week before the 25th.
I don't know there's that weird trick, and it doesn't sound that fun imo...
That said I will be playing XC2 a lit once I got the game.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
X and Zero are strange. Like what are they referencing exactly? Strider Hien for Strider is rather surprising and cool. I like Frank West's Protoman costume for the wrong reasons. It reminds me too much of Ruby Spears Protoman for some reason.
X's is a reference to this.
I assume Zero's took inspiration from this as well.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't know there's that weird trick, and it doesn't sound that fun imo...
That said I will be playing XC2 a lit once I got the game.
It's mostly meant for overnight for one thing. It's no fun if done during the day. And two, while Credits are one of the easiest things to build up in the game, the other stuff you get from Mining is not and you use that stuff a whole lot that it's easy to be low on it when you most need it. Either way, it's helped me on a few occasions. But luckily, it isn't ultimately needed.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Jedah is basically a Digimon.

I don't know how to feel, on one hand, it's totally made up and I kinda wanted Midnight Bliss Jedah, because for....reasons. And because Jedah doesn't really have design beside his classic design.

On the other hand, I love Digimon and this costume look pretty sick.

So, good on you Capcom.

However, I know someone who is going to be salty about Frank's Protoman costume, 'can't wait to see his reaction.:4wario:

D

Deleted member

That's not how optimal grinding works.

If you just go fight the strongest enemies, then you take more time trying to beat them, and also potentially spend resources fighting them. Even if they give the most EXP individually, the EXP:Time ratio may not work out so well.

In order to get grinding out of the way quickly, you find an enemy that can be respawned easily, doesn't take long to fight, doesn't waste your resources, and gives enough EXP to where repeated encounters with the enemy will let total EXP build up more quickly.

In some games, going for the strongest enemy works well enough but I've played many RPGs where the fastest way to grind involves fighting a relatively easier enemy over and over and said enemy gives you enough EXP and can be re-fought so quickly that the total EXP just adds up.
The one time I can even think of where grinding is better done against strong enemies is in Pokemon when training a low-level Pokemon because it doesn't require the in-training Pokemon to actually deal damage.
Otherwise, it's always better to grind against lower leveled oponents.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's another Mega Man 30th anniversary stream on the 4th.

This could either be amazing or terrible. Please let it be the former.
It won't be either I'm betting. I got a feeling it'll be a whole lot of nothing.

Maaaybe something on the new show and a game based off of it, assuming it'll come to any consoles people care about.

Though I'd be happy for a BN series re-release so I get more into that series and kick out less money in the long run.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Heh, I can see the resemblance.
For those who don't know, that is Tomokazu Sugita on the right, the JP Voice Actor for Chrom, Ragna, Gintoki and Kyon. And he's being compared with Randolph Carter from the new Chapter of F/GO. Basically, alot of JP fans were making the comparison of Carter to Sugita's new haircut and making jokes like "Why is Sugita-san in the new F/GO Chapter?" and whatnot and Sugita became aware of it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Are there any weapons in FE Heroes that grant an inherent Def buff to the wielder?

I know you can add a Def buff to any upgradable weapon now but I'm thinking one that inherently grants one, on top of the refinery buff.

I got enough refining shards for another upgrade and was thinking on giving something to my tanky Hinoka.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Kos-Mos in Xenoblade 2 is cool.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Thanks EA.

Ea: Quick we need divert attention from battlefront. Employee: I know just the thing! Glad to have the biggest direct confirmed once again.
Talk about YOLO summoning

The Nino is +Atk/-Spd so she's getting in line for merges on my current one.
Hector is +Def/-Atk, the one bane Hector doesn't want >_>

Should I fodder Hector for DC or merge with my +Res/-Def one? I don't know who could make use of DC though, outside of Joshua but I'm using him as a melee tank currently
. That’s not a bad hector. Hone armor puts him at 50 which is good plus he would have more defense to compensates this and live a little longer. If you have attack plus three you can run that too. I had one with that exact boom and bane and he did pretty well.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Are there any weapons in FE Heroes that grant an inherent Def buff to the wielder?

I know you can add a Def buff to any upgradable weapon now but I'm thinking one that inherently grants one, on top of the refinery buff.

I got enough refining shards for another upgrade and was thinking on giving something to my tanky Hinoka.
The ones I could find are:
Seliph's Tyrfing: Gives +4 Defense when under 50% health.
Brave Lucina's Geirskogul: Gives +3 Defense. Also gives +3 Atk/Spd to all Sword/Lance/Axe/Bow/Dagger users within 2 spaces.
Tana's Vidofnir: Gives +7 Defense in combat when attacked by a Sword, Axe or Lance user.
Shiro's Bright Naganata: Gives +4 Atk/Def in combat when attacked.
Surtr's Sinmara: Besides it's 20 damage effect, it also gives +3 Defense.
Julia's Naga: Besides doing bonus damage to Dragons, also gives +2 Def/Res when attacked.

There aren't any Lances that give Defense naturally. Compared to Berkut's Lance which when upgraded gives +7 Resistance when attacked. And +11 if upgraded for the +4 Res Bonus.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Summer Robin's Deft Harpoon gives her +2 to every stat at 100% percent but otherwise there are no lances that give her defense directly.
Carrot Lance gives 4 HP after each combat, Berkut's Lance gives +7 Res when attacked (No idea if it's inheritable though) if refined and Slaying Spear+ (Thr Armor effective one) and Ridersbane can nullify buffs of armored and cavalry units respectively when refined
And of course Slaying Lance+ is bonkers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ea: Quick we need divert attention from battlefront. Employee: I know just the thing! Glad to have the biggest direct confirmed once again.
. That’s not a bad hector. Hone armor puts him at 50 which is good plus he would have more defense to compensates this and live a little longer. If you have attack plus three you can run that too. I had one with that exact boom and bane and he did pretty well.
I don't run him on an Armor team and I'd rather not have to rely on external resources to boost his Atk(Besides, he prefers Distant Def or a Deflect seal on him). Like, IVs don't hurt him as much as it hurts other units but I'd rather have him deal more damage than some extra Def.
Maybe one day I'll pull a +Def/-Res one and that will be the day he becomes immortal.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Good(?) to see that EAin't isn't letting the FIFA sales to possibly stop their Switch support.

But I'm still not going to buy any of their ****.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
X and Zero kinda come off as over designed in those costumes.
Zero is already overdesigned. Though the boots look cool on both of them.

I think Mega Man's would be better, but for some reason they made him a bit scrawnier in this alt. The Normal and Command Mission alts have better proportions.

I don't like the Ock-Spider arc, but I know Peter wore the costume once in the Spider-Man and Deadpool book.

D

Deleted member

btw, looking at the scan it's not really easy to tell what kind of fighter it is. If it's an arena fighter, that'll suck but I'll probably try to get it
What do people have against arena fighters? MHA wouldn't really fit with as a 2D fighter.

It's obviously 3D though, but whether it is actually a fighting game or just an action game isn't clear(I still believe it's a fighting game because that's what makes the most money for Bamco nowadays)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What do people have against arena fighters? MHA wouldn't really fit with as a 2D fighter.

It's obviously 3D though, but whether it is actually a fighting game or just an action game isn't clear(I still believe it's a fighting game because that's what makes the most money for Bamco nowadays)
Because they're less fun to watch. That's it for me

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It's mostly meant for overnight for one thing. It's no fun if done during the day. And two, while Credits are one of the easiest things to build up in the game, the other stuff you get from Mining is not and you use that stuff a whole lot that it's easy to be low on it when you most need it. Either way, it's helped me on a few occasions. But luckily, it isn't ultimately needed.
So in conclusion... I think for those who are familiar with JRPGs and especially Xenoblade, bragging about the need of grinding is a bit of a nitpick.
That said, I hope the battle system is good...this is where I really need to play it myself before judging.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Summer Robin's Deft Harpoon gives her +2 to every stat at 100% percent but otherwise there are no lances that give her defense directly.
Carrot Lance gives 4 HP after each combat, Berkut's Lance gives +7 Res when attacked (No idea if it's inheritable though) if refined and Slaying Spear+ (Thr Armor effective one) and Ridersbane can nullify buffs of armored and cavalry units respectively when refined
And of course Slaying Lance+ is bonkers.
I believe that berkuts lance is actually inheritable.
I don't run him on an Armor team and I'd rather not have to rely on external resources to boost his Atk(Besides, he prefers Distant Def or a Deflect seal on him). Like, IVs don't hurt him as much as it hurts other units but I'd rather have him deal more damage than some extra Def.
Maybe one day I'll pull a +Def/-Res one and that will be the day he becomes immortal.
. That’s fair. You can always try on the banner again if you get orbs. The new month quests are tomorrow so more orbs!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So in conclusion... I think for those who are familiar with JRPGs and especially Xenoblade, bragging about the need of grinding is a bit of a nitpick.
That said, I hope the battle system is good...this is where I really need to play it myself before judging.
It isn't really. it doesn't matter how good your battle system is, if I have to spend a few hours grinding them I'm not having fun. This was an issue in both Xenoblade games already, especially X, dear god was X tedious. Oh, and a reviewer is already getting harassed for not liking XC2 enough. Joy

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I believe that berkuts lance is actually inheritable.
. That’s fair. You can always try on the banner again if you get orbs. The new month quests are tomorrow so more orbs!
Berkut's Lance is indeed inheritable.

Ivander

Smash Legend
It isn't really. it doesn't matter how good your battle system is, if I have to spend a few hours grinding them I'm not having fun. This was an issue in both Xenoblade games already, especially X, dear god was X tedious. Oh, and a reviewer is already getting harassed for not liking XC2 enough. Joy
Depends on which grinding you are referring to. Cause with Levels, as I said, it does not take long, especially when you only need to get to Level 60 in X compared to Level 99 for Xenoblade. Class Levelling isn't much of a hassle either, as you get plenty of Class EXP and BP when doing quests. The only real hassle is the Equipment and even then, that's more of trying to get the perfect Equipment for your character to drop rather than an actual need, as it is not a requirement for accessing the story missions or affinity missions.
Berkut's Lance is indeed inheritable.
Yep, and Mathilda and Jagen like it very much. Heck, where's that image of someone who had a team with a Jagen with a forged Berkut's Lance and Distant Counter?
The Battle system actually takes some time to get used to, as it is alot more technical than Xenoblades. And the tutorial doesn't tell you everything sadly. So you need to look on message boards and whatnot to get a better idea on how some things work.
But the thing is once you do know how everything works, the Battle System flows nicely. Everything doesn't feel lacking, you do some decent damage rather than pitiful damage and the enemies don't feel as tanky. It especially becomes fun once you understand the concept of combos.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
AKAIRIOT SPEAKS THE TRUTH! (At least in my opinion...)
https://twitter.com/AkaiRiot/status/936306881588613122
Since I don't wanna get warning, I'll just copy the quote instead...
People who say "this character design was done this way only to appeal to certain people" seem to be missing one of the major points of character design, lol. You want people to be interested in the visuals of your characters. That's a good thing.
And if a design doesn't appeal to you, maybe it's a bad design...or maybe you aren't the target audience for that design? Not everything's gonna appeal to everyone. Nor should it, in my opinion.
Here were his other early replies:
(this is heavy sarcasm, just in case it wasn't obvious. "i fixed this character's design" call out posts are 10000% dumb)
On a positive note: this is also probably a good spot to say that I really like Homura/Pyra's design from XC2. It's appealing and memorable. Also, saying that female characters with big boobs are "ridiculous" is kind of insulting to real women with big boobs. So plz stop that.
I understand not everyone will agreed with AkaiRiot's opinion (Hell I'm sure some don't even like his artwork anyway), but he does have a point.
Also FYI my most fav character artwork from AkaiRiot isn't even the one has big bust, it's female Villager...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Depends on which grinding you are referring to. Cause with Levels, as I said, it does not take long, especially when you only need to get to Level 60 in X compared to Level 99 for Xenoblade. Class Levelling isn't much of a hassle either, as you get plenty of Class EXP and BP when doing quests. The only real hassle is the Equipment and even then, that's more of trying to get the perfect Equipment for your character to drop rather than an actual need, as it is not a requirement for accessing the story missions or affinity missions.

Yep, and Mathilda and Jagen like it very much. Heck, where's that image of someone who had a team with a Jagen with a forged Berkut's Lance and Distant Counter?
I had difficulty with XCX's final boss, being the poorly done mess that it is, so I grinded 12 levels and realized I hit the level cap. It STILL wasn't enough. Granted, that's because it's XCX and XCX expects you to just know things automatically. Though I had to grind quite a bit when I played the first game against THAT GODDAMN **** BOSS THAT'S DESIGNED TO PISS PEOPLE OFF. *calms down* Anyway, if a player feels the need to grind despite fighting EVERYTHING in their path, that's when I feel there's a problem

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Oh, and a reviewer is already getting harassed for not liking XC2 enough. Joy
Gamers are trash.

In other news at 11:
Trump is a ****.
The Earth is round.
Weiss Schnee is perfection.
Jon Snow knows nothing.
Senran Kagura is trash that should die.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Yes, X was really tedious to a certain extent...
But the original, wasn't that bad...
And plz, you will see this in many generally positive reviewed game, remember how Jimsterling got his website down for giving Botw 7/10? Even though his review was weird but taking his website down was insane...
If the users just gave out some legit rebuttal like how I do, that's fine, but if it is just bashing and harassment... then that's not good.

I had difficulty with XCX's final boss, being the poorly done mess that it is, so I grinded 12 levels and realized I hit the level cap. It STILL wasn't enough. Granted, that's because it's XCX and XCX expects you to just know things automatically. Though I had to grind quite a bit when I played the first game against THAT GODDAMN **** BOSS THAT'S DESIGNED TO PISS PEOPLE OFF. *calms down* Anyway, if a player feels the need to grind despite fighting EVERYTHING in their path, that's when I feel there's a problem
It's called the FINAL boss for a reason... I had problem with XC's final boss before but still manga to beat him because not bluffing... I beat him thanks to my well utilize of the game's battle system.
spoiler on the original below...
This is why the final boss Zanza's level was ???, they wouldn't show you the level because this is the test on your skills and not your level. That said according to Xenoblade Wiki Zanza was actually only around level 80 or up to 82...
Gamer trolls are trash imo.
Finally someone talks about Senran Kagura lol.

Ivander

Smash Legend
A different strategy also works as well. Sometimes it might not be your level, but what you are doing. Sometimes if what you are doing currently doing isn't working, even changing a bit of your currant strategy can have drastic results. Where's that, "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting results to be different each time." quote? And probably a less crushing answer compared to showing XC level 120 Superboss getting beaten at level 40.
Humans are trash.

In other news at 11:
Trump is a ****.
The Earth is round.
Weiss Schnee is perfection.
Jon Snow knows nothing.

FTFY. Cause really, we are all trash at one point.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I understand not everyone will agreed with AkaiRiot's opinion (Hell I'm sure some don't even like his artwork anyway), but he does have a point.
Also FYI my most fav character artwork from AkaiRiot isn't even the one has big bust, it's female Villager...
Im sorry but im not insulting irl big brested woman when I say a video game characters breasts are too big for her body. If I wanted to insult an irl girl with big breasts Id go outside and tell her to her face "Your breasts look ridiculous" but Im not gonna do that

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Everything circles back to boobs it seems.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

The issue people have isn't that the design is targeted to a certain group, but rather the group that's being targeted: the Lowest Common Denominator.

And comparing Link to, say, Pyra is kind of disingenuous, especially when the latter is basically designed as a sex object (literally, too, considering she's a sword). It's pandering and arguably sexist.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"Doing the same thing over and over and expecting results to be different each time." quote?
Fun fact, this quote was misattributed as Einstein's quote...

Im sorry but im not insulting irl big brested woman when I saw a video game characters breasts are too big for her body. If I wanted to insult an irl girl with big breasts Id go outside and tell her to her face "Your breast look ridiculous" but Im not gonna do that
Yes, in my opinion it is weird to be serious on a fictional character...
SORRY...

D

Deleted member

"Maybe you aren't its target audience" is what I hear when people defend bad shows from legit criticism. A design can appeal to a specific audience but it should try to not turn away others immediatelly.
And you may still enjoy it but that doesn't change the fact it may be bad.

The main problem isn't the big boobs(which is one, no woman should have boobs that big and a functional back at the same time), it's the sexualisation with no reason for being so, it's literally only done in that way to appeal to a very specific group. To others, it breaks their suspension of disbelief which is literally the second last thing you want in a story.

Pyra's design wouldn't even be bad if it showed less skin, the color palette fits nicely and the outfit looks good but one misplaced piece breaks it apart.
It's the same problem Awakening!Celica had(and the lolification) and no one can convince me that THAT thing is godd design.

Also, I believe it's a more personal reason so I'll leave it separated from the rest: the best part about a character's design is their clothing. Badly designed clothing can really turn me away from some characters which is what happened to, like, 50% of the Naruto cast in Shippuden.
Because they're less fun to watch. That's it for me
But they're more fun to play though
I keep saying Freud was right but no one listens to me

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes, X was really tedious to a certain extent...
But the original, wasn't that bad...
And plz, you will see this in many generally positive reviewed game, remember how Jimsterling got his website down for giving Botw 7/10? Even though his review was weird but taking his website down was insane...
If the users just gave out some legit rebuttal like how I do, that's fine, but if it is just bashing and harassment... then that's not good.

It's called the FINAL boss for a reason... I had problem with XC's final boss before but still manga to beat him because not bluffing... I beat him thanks to my well utilize of the game's battle system.
spoiler on the original below...
This is why the final boss Zanza's level was ???, they wouldn't show you the level because this is the test on your skills and not your level. That said according to Xenoblade Wiki Zanza was actually only around level 80 or up to 82...

Gamer trolls are trash imo.
Finally someone talks about Senran Kagura lol.
Again, you're implying that because something awful happens a lot, it isn't a big deal. It ABSOLUTELY is a big deal that people get harassed for giving their opinion.

Xenoblade 1's final boss was a tough challenge that tested your abilities. Phase 2 out of 5 of XCX's final boss was "Oh, you didn't KNOW about this thing that we suddenly introduced behind your back without foreshadowing and didn't tell you about? Tough ****!"
It summons 7 orbs that buff the final boss, a few boost stats of the boss, one attacks you, one heals the boss and one makes the boss INVINCIBLE. And they only take double digit damage from Skells, the things that are incredibly powerful and never had anything that specifically resisted them before this point if you merely played the main game. Then if you survive Phase 3 begins and you're forced to fight 10 monsters at once, and Xenoblade's combat system doesn't allow players to attack multiple targets at once. Then the final 2 phases are incredibly powerful and have a "**** you player" attack that instantly make Skells have zero fuel regardless of what they had or just outright nuke them randomly. Oh, and the final area is a point of no return, so if you don't have your Skell anymore, tough ****, you aren't getting it back unless you quit the game and load your save file again
That's not a challenge, that's just ****ting on the player left and right. Especially as the final moments of a game are your final impressions usually. Doesn't help the characters were being dumb and artificially added 3 phases.
It's the same problem Awakening!Celica had(and the lolification) and no one can convince me that THAT thing is godd design
Oh god isn't it the same designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom