• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The ARMS game mode Party Crash (basically their equivalent of Splatfest) is really fun!

There was one Bonus Period (this one everyone has infinite Rush) made the Vs. Hedlok battle totally one-sided. :laugh:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I hope you’ve all had a Happy Thanksgiving. To all non-Americans, I hope you’ve all had a spectacular Thursday.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Dang, the 200GB micro SD card that's 78% off is sold out everywhere.

Hope Saturday through Monday will have it (like hell I'm trying tonight or Friday)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I worked on my Pokémon game idea- Heroes and Villians versions- a little bit. I added a rival (finally) after debating on how to handle it.

I decided that I wanted her to play a really huge, yet hidden, role in the game.
Mara is a grunt ranked member of Team Void- a group dedicated to the creation of a perfect world. When first met, she is seen as a very clumsy, excited character who constantly annoys her fellow grunts with her joviality. Her starting Pokémon is an Ekans, and this Ekans later evolves and obtains the ability to Mega Evolve.

However, behind this facade lies a more genocidal figure who wants to destroy the world and its denizens. To this end- she joins Team Void to mask her intentions.

Near the end of the game, Team Void's leader, Null, manages to capture the version's opposite legendary. However, before using its power to create a new world, Mara quickly knocks him aside, and has her Arbok paralyze him. After some monolouging about how she believes the only peace that can be found and kept is through death, she attempts to use the legendary to destroy the world.

However, the version's exclusive Legendary appears to stop her, and fights by your side in a 1v1 fight. You do not catch it at this time. Win or lose, you'll fight her with your team afterwards. After defeating her, she will monologue some more, explaining how she is the survivor of a village massacare that took everything from her and that her travels have shown her nothing but suffering. She then brings out a Full Revive (A rare item in game that revives and fully restores you're entire team) and fights you again. Your team is first restored by the version exclusive legendary, before it and the other legendary disappear. In this fight, her Pokémon's stats are all increased by 1+.

After defeating her a second time, she'll rush you herself, however you will dodge her attack, and she will then fall off the cliffside, presumingly dead afterwards, however reappears after defeating the Prime Guardians- the game's Elite Four, except there's eight of them. She tells the player her desire is genocide, but she admits that she'll never achieve it. She will then command the player for a rematch every Friday through the phone.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just beat the Electric Trial and the first battle against Guzma in UltraSun. Time for another US update!

Current team:

Here's how both the Electric Trial and the Guzma battle, and oh boy do I have a lot to say for both.

Electric Trial:

Radically
different from Sun/Moon. First up, you do not fight Molayne prior to walking into the observatory. He still waits right outside it, and his dialogue with Kukui remains unchanged, but now he just gives you the Steelium-Z and then lets you inside.

Upon walking in, you see Molayne gathering up nine Charjabug. He tells you that he is preparing to take them outside to the field nearby so that he can feed them. When you walk into the center room past the hallway, Sophocles is there, but he does not begin the trial right away. Instead, he tells you to bring back the Charjabug Molayne was feeding. When you head out the Hokulani Observatory, Molayne is right outside counting up the Charjabug after their meal. You learn that three are missing and are hiding in the rocks in the field between the bus and the Pokemon Center. When you interact with the three rocks, you'll find that one of the Charjabug is still missing. As Molayne walks up and notices the situation, the image pauses to him thinking, and it stays paused for a good 10 seconds. You might think there's a glitch, but the point of the pause is so that you pay attention to everything that is going on around that still, and if you look at the top left corner, you'll see the last Charjabug walking past the bus. Head to the front of the bus and behind the fence and the final Charjabug waits there. With all nine Charjabugs gathered, now you can begin the trial.

The trial itself is much different as well. Instead of a quiz, you have to solve a puzzle with the Charjabugs. There are three Charjabugs on a 3 by 3 conveyor belt, and you need to put them in a straight line. There are four buttons on each corner of the square that will move the Charjabugs around. You need to do this three times. For the first time, you need to move the Charjabugs up to the top row. After that, you fight an Elekid. Then, you move the next set of Charjabugs to the bottom row, and a battle with an Electabuzz follows. For the last set, you need to move the Charjbaugs so that they form a diagonal line, in a positive slope. This will create a Z-shaped circuit that will fully activate the Vikabolt mech Sophocles will use to summon the Totem Pokemon.

When the Vikavolt mech finally turns on, it suddenly turns to the Charjabug and prepares to fire a very strong Electric attack on them. A Togedemaru jumps to the rescue and absorbs the Vikavolt's attack thanks to its Lightning Rod ability. The Ultra Beast theme plays while this scene goes on. Molayne comments that Togedemaru's electric sacs can't hold all of the electricity that the Vikavolt mech is firing. Suddenly, the Totem encounter theme plays, and the camera reveals Totem Togedemaru, the new Totem Pokemon for the Electric Trial, waiting on top of the ceiling. It jumps down and absorbs the rest of the Vikavolt mech's attack. Afterwards, Totem Togedemaru challenges you to a battle.

Let me just say now...

This...

is.
an.
absolute.
complete.
utter.
pain.
to.
DEFEAT!!!!!

The Totem Togedemaru took me two tries. The first time, I didn't black out, but I knew the fight would go nowhere. I originally led with Siegfried, thinking I could to do some good damage with Brick Break. It outsped Siegfried and used Bounce. Welp, good to know that it has a counter against Fighting-type Pokemon, so I had to switch out Siegfried and bring in Voltron to tank the Bounce. The Togedemaru then summoned Skarmory as an ally Pokemon, and what followed next was not fun.

I first tried to KO the Skarmory with Thunderbolt, but then I learned Totem Togedarmu has Lightning Rod, which meant Electric-type attacks do nothing in this battle. I then tried to bring in Sirius to have it use Inferno Overdrive, but Togedemaru managed to outspeed it and use Zing Zap for some strong damage, strong enough that I it would put Sirius in the yellow every time. What made matters worse is that the Ally Skarmory knew Tailwind AND Torment, so it allowed Togedemaru to become faster than it already is while annoying the heck out of your Pokemon by forcing to use different moves every turn. Did I mention the Skarmory knows Stealth Rock? Yep, that too. With Sirius going down very quickly, my only option was to stall out both Pokemon with Voltron, but I knew that would take forever, so I restarted the battle.

For the second attempt, I redid the whole trial and led with Sirius, and she one-shotted both the Elekid and the Electabuzz prior thanks to its Z-move (the Electabuzz managed to paralyze her with Thunder Wave, but thank goodness Pokemon Refresh exists). Totem Togedemaru then came back, and it was time for round 2. Little did I know the torture that awaited me...

First thing's first, I thought to myself, "Maybe if I use Inferno Overdrive from the get-go like I did with Totem Lurantis, the battle will be done easy-peasy!"

Oh, how wrong I was!

Want to know how Togedemaru started the battle this time? With a Spiky Shield... on the very same turn I used Inferno Overdrive!

You don't know how frustrated I was when that happened. Thanks to the Spiky Shield, Inferno Overdrive still left Togedemaru in the green, and my one Z-move for the battle was wasted away.

Then, Totem Togedmaru summoned Dedenne as its Ally Pokemon. At that point, all hell broke loose.

You thought Skarmory as the Ally Pokemon was bad? Dedenne is much, MUCH worse! How bad is it? Allow me to break it down:
  • Dedenne knows Charm, which harshly lowers Attack. Combine that with the Defense boost Totem Togedemaru gets, and that means physical attacks will do very little to the Totem Pokemon.
  • It also knows Eerie Impulse to harshly lower Special Attack. However, when it initially uses it, Totem Togedemaru automatically absorbs it with Lightning Rod and gets a Special Attack boost despite not needing it.
  • It even knows Discharge. Thanks to Totem Togedemaru's Lightning Rod, Togedemaru takes no damage from the attack. Let's not forget Discharge has a 30% chance to cause paralysis.
  • Ally Dedenne's ability is Pickup, and Totem Togedemaru just so happens to have a Sitrus Berry. Once the latter eats the berry, the former takes it and will use it for its own.
  • Last but not least, the Dedenne knows Super Fang, which is a strong physical attack.
When the Dedenne arrived, it was initially kind enough to give me a turn to give Sirius a Roto Boost. This Roto Boost was especially clutch, because it made sure Sirius wouldn't be seriously damaged by the Zing Zaps this time around. Still, what followed was nothing but frustration.

First, Togedemaru used a Zing Zap, and Dedenne followed up with a Discharge. Poor Sirius is already in the yellow. Not only that, but the Togedemaru got lucky with flinch hax that turn!

Welp, time to heal Sirius. One Hyper Potion was used.

Togedemaru then used Spiky Shield while Dedenne went for Charm. Another turn where I can't attack.

Togedemaru goes back to the Zing Zap, and Dedenne uses Discharge. Sirius gets paralyzed from the attack, and paralysis hax kicks in to stop it from attacking again.

With Sirius paralyzed AND in the yellow, I had to use up my only Full Restore.

Togedemaru repeats another Zing Zap, and Sirius's Flame Body kicks in to burn Togedemaru. Dedenne then uses Discharge... and paralyzes Sirius yet again.

Sirius cannot attack for yet another turn due to flinch hax from the Zing Zap.

But then there was a moment of hope! Togedemaru's burn kicked in. The burn put Togedemaru into yellow, reminding me there was still hope...

...but then I learned it had a Sitrus Berry, and it healed back most of its health (and Dedenne then took the Sitrus Berry for itself thanks to its Pickup ability).

I was fuming at this point.

The next several turns, I had to use Hyper Potions over and over again until I could get a good chance to attack (and when I tried to attack again, paralysis hax stopped me again for a turn). There was no point in healing the paralysis either, because I had a feeling Togedemaru would keep going for the offensive. I literally thought the burn would be the only way Totem Togedemaru would go down, so I was dreading a long fight.

When an opening finally emerged, Sirius managed to land on Flamethrower to KO that evil Togedemaru for good. This left only that annoying Dedenne left. I used Shadow Ball on it, but it lived and healed a good chunk of a health thanks to the Sitrus Berry from Pickup. With all that Discharge spam and the paralysis on Sirius, I had to withdraw Sirius so that Rem could do the rest. After tanking the Discharge, Rem took some hefty damage from a Super Fang, but she managed to knock it out with a single Leaf Blade.

The hell was finally over.

The dialogue that followed between Molayne and Sophocles after the battle was pretty much the same for the most part. The only changes were Molayne drawing a connection between science and Pokemon battles, and Sophocles briefly takes you to the Festival Plaza to introduce you to the Battle Agency.

In all, Totem Togedemaru was easily the hardest Totem Battle thus far! I don't think I need to repeat myself why. Perhaps if I had a Ground-type Pokemon, this battle could've been easier, but then I remember Totem Togedemaru gets a Defense boost AND it knows Bounce (not to mention it could summon Skarmory, which is immune to Ground-type attacks), so yeah, I don't think having a Ground-type makes this easier. Get ready for a really annoying and hard battle.

Now, it was time to fight Guzma.

1st Guzma Battle:

The dialogue prior to it is the same. For the battle itself, it is slightly different. Guzma still leads with his Golisopod, but his Ariados has now been swapped with a Masquerain.

I initially led with Fafnir, thinking it could handle most of Golisopod's attacks thanks to Eviolite while dealing some good damage back with Air Cutter. Oh, how wrong I was.

Air Cutter still left Golisopod in the green, but just enough so that it didn't reach yellow for Emergency Exit to activate. I also had the misfortune of fighting Guzma while it was raining in Malie City, which meant its Razor Shell got an attack boost. Razor Shell knocked out Fafnir very quickly, so I had to switch into Voltron to Revive and heal Fafnir. After a few turns of receiving more Razor Shells and healing with Hyper Potions, I switched to Makoto, and the process repeated. I switched to Rem, and she managed to land a Leaf Blade for Emergency Exit to activate. Masquerain then came in. I brought back Fafnir and healed up my other teammates. I then proceeded to finish Masquerain with Air Cutter. Golisopod came back, and I responded with Voltron. Voltron got a good Thunderbolt to finally finish it off.

Following the battle, the concluding dialogue is the same for the most part, except for a small yet interesting addition.

Story updates:

Right before Guzma leaves Malie Garden, he stops and notices Hau waiting by the side. Guzma immediately recognizes Hau, asking if it's him. Hau affirms Guzma's question, and Guzma mentions something along the lines of, "You should just give up the Island Challenge if you know you're grandpa is too strong for you." I can't remember the exact words, but it was something like that.

I thought it was a nice addition because it shows Guzma has a past with Hala. Sun/Moon did imply this already with his postgame battle, but I think this addition in USUM does a better job establishing that. What's also interesting is that Hau doesn't look happy when Guzma calls him out. That makes me think the two met before, probably when the two were much younger.

I am now going through Route 11. We'll see if I'll be beat the Ghost Trial later today.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I finally played Episode Shadow.

Enemy Territory is a pretty good stage but didn't care for the rest.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Hey! Worms is out on Switch!

*price is $37*

Errr...think I'll wait for a sale...I'm sure I can hold it off for a while since I'm currently busy with Skyrim and soon to be with Xenoblade...

Also looking at the Best Sellers list, interesting to note only three first party Nintendo games are in the Top 10, those being of course; Super Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart and BotW...Third parties are definitely doing their part this time around! And seeing two Bethesda games in the Top 10 as well...on a Nintendo console no less!

Chrono.

My trainer in Ultra has been through quite the changes.

I didn't get a good pic of my third outfit so that's why it's a photo club one.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They added mushroom blocks and bark blocks to creative mode in Minecraft

Now only if they'd add inside mushroom blocks

Rizen

Smash Legend
I think it's funny snorelax can't reach his tummy with belly drum so he bounces around without actually moving his limbs.

What's the best pokemon type, if any?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My trainer in Ultra has been through quite the changes.

I didn't get a good pic of my third outfit so that's why it's a photo club one.
My trainer is a Team Skull member

IMG_20171123_195447.jpg

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I really like Pearl's design too (it took a bit the reach that though)

But I still go for Marina.
So am I, I guess. It will be a harsh for me to choose when that time comes.

I also found this graph by Nintendo Everything where they compiled games' gamesplay usage in each categories, from low brightness and airplane mode to max brightness to wifi which is a bit what I usually play in...

Even though the games that drains the Switch battery some were obvious like BotW and Odyssey. Oddly though, Fast RMX which despite being a game with a very low data storage is the game that drains the Switch the fastest... There is really no solid explanation on why... Since if you say racing games tend to be more intense so that's why, well... Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is in the middle so that doesn't work... But there is a hypothesis that games that acquires a lot of movements and animations might drain the Switch's battery the most. Or... Simple like 2D games last longer than those 3D and graphics demanded games.
And data size has no solid connection with how fast will the game drains the Switch. Surprise, surprise, those who play DOOM actually can last slightly longer than those who play Odyssey or even BotW.
And gosh, Vaccine is not only bad but also eats your battery a lot ... Now that is what I call a horror game.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I also found this graph by Nintendo Everything where they compiled games' gamesplay usage in each categories, from low brightness and airplane mode to max brightness to wifi which is a bit what I usually play in...

Even though the games that drains the Switch battery some were obvious like BotW and Odyssey. Oddly though, Fast RMX which despite being a game with a very low data storage is the game that drains the Switch the fastest... There is really no solid explanation on why... Since if you say racing games tend to be more intense so that's why, well... Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is in the middle so that doesn't work... But there is a hypothesis that games that acquires a lot of movements and animations might drain the Switch's battery the most. Or... Simple like 2D games last longer than those 3D and graphics demanded games.
And data size has no solid connection with how fast will the game drains the Switch. Surprise, surprise, those who play DOOM actually can last slightly longer than those who play Odyssey or even BotW.
And gosh, Vaccine is not only bad but also eats your battery a lot ... Now that is what I call a horror game.
Fast Racing RMX more like Fast Battery DRN amirite.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Where are megas in USUM

Dexio hasn't appeared where he did in SM

Edit: He's at a different place

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I worked on my Pokémon game idea- Heroes and Villians versions- a little bit. I added a rival (finally) after debating on how to handle it.

I decided that I wanted her to play a really huge, yet hidden, role in the game.
Mara is a grunt ranked member of Team Void- a group dedicated to the creation of a perfect world. When first met, she is seen as a very clumsy, excited character who constantly annoys her fellow grunts with her joviality. Her starting Pokémon is an Ekans, and this Ekans later evolves and obtains the ability to Mega Evolve.

However, behind this facade lies a more genocidal figure who wants to destroy the world and its denizens. To this end- she joins Team Void to mask her intentions.

Near the end of the game, Team Void's leader, Null, manages to capture the version's opposite legendary. However, before using its power to create a new world, Mara quickly knocks him aside, and has her Arbok paralyze him. After some monolouging about how she believes the only peace that can be found and kept is through death, she attempts to use the legendary to destroy the world.

However, the version's exclusive Legendary appears to stop her, and fights by your side in a 1v1 fight. You do not catch it at this time. Win or lose, you'll fight her with your team afterwards. After defeating her, she will monologue some more, explaining how she is the survivor of a village massacare that took everything from her and that her travels have shown her nothing but suffering. She then brings out a Full Revive (A rare item in game that revives and fully restores you're entire team) and fights you again. Your team is first restored by the version exclusive legendary, before it and the other legendary disappear. In this fight, her Pokémon's stats are all increased by 1+.

After defeating her a second time, she'll rush you herself, however you will dodge her attack, and she will then fall off the cliffside, presumingly dead afterwards, however reappears after defeating the Prime Guardians- the game's Elite Four, except there's eight of them. She tells the player her desire is genocide, but she admits that she'll never achieve it. She will then command the player for a rematch every Friday through the phone.
More details on stuff related to Mara.
NOTE: This team appears after you've defeated the Prime Guardians 2 times.

Mega Arbok
Type: Poison/Dark
Level: 85
Item: Arbokite
Ability: Mega Terror: After Mega Evolving, the foe's Speed sharply falls.
Moveset:
Dark Pulse
Sludge Wave
Nasty Plot
Toxic Lunge(Poison-Type special attack Quick Attack)
--
Simirodo
Type: Fire/Dragon
Level: 82
Item: Charcoal
Ability: Unaware
Moveset:
Flamethrower
Dragon Rush
Crunch
Protect
--
Dolphrzerk
Type: Water/Fighting
Level: 82
Item: Mystic Water
Ability: Water Veil
Moveset:
Bulk Up
Aqua Ring
Rock Slide
Dolphin Punch (Water/Fighting-Type Flying Press)
--
Florges (Region Form)
Type: Grass/Fairy
Level 82
Item: Miracle Seed
Ability: Petal Guard: Lowers the damage dealt by super effective attacks.
Moveset:
Energy Ball
Moonblast
Wish
Calm Mind
--
Voliviper
Type: Poison
Level: 83
Item: Poison Barb
Ability: Corrosion
Moveset:
Toxic
Protect
Poison Jab
Dig
--
Lucario (Region Form)
Type: Ice/Fighting
Level 84
Item: Nevermeltice
Ability: Fur Coat
Moveset:
Aura Sphere
Extremespeed
Dark Pulse
Frozen Sphere (Ice-Type Aura Sphere)
After meeting up with Mara after beating the Prime Guardians, she will be doing things depending on the day of the week.

Monday: You can find her at the Shopping Mall, looking at clothes. She'll confess that she has an addiction to collection hats. If you beat her the previous Friday, she'll gift you with the Arbokite Cap, which is a beanie with Mega Arbok's glare in the front.

Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday/Sunday: She can be found in either Balance Cave or The Warriors Arena, depending on if you beat her best team. She will have different things to say each day you speak to her, including lore expanding dialogue, regular discussion, and such. But nothing else.

Wednesday: At night, she'll be hanging out at the Pangoro Bar, with some older members of Team Void. According to Mara, the team still exists, but have reformed to instead make their world better, at which she laughs at, reminding the player of her belief in genocide.

Friday: Every Friday, you can have a rematch with Mara in Balance Cave. Her team is incredibly powerful after you've defeated the Prime Guardians twice so be prepared. After you beat her, she rewards you with five Rare Candies. The first time you beat her final team, you can partner up with her in the Warriors Arena- which is basically the Battle Tree.
If you obtain the event item Lost Photo, go to Mara on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday and she'll tell you the story of a lost human child who was raised by Pokémon. However, this human became very ill. In an attempt to save them, a small, grey Pokémon sacrificed its own physical form and fused with the child to save them. Thus created an entirely new creature with two souls. This child is, by all accounts now, a Pokémon. She then tells you where this story originates from, and suggests you go investigate.

After going to Spiritual Forest, you are asked if you wish to bring out the Lost Photo. If you do, a human child will appear from the tall grass, and slowly approach you, but then will quickly levitate into the air and hover over. It will make Pokémon growls with glee. It then trades you for the photo, without asking. You will obtain Harmony's Flute- a special type of Poke Ball that sends out Harmony. If you do not have room in your party, the flute will simply just be a key item. If you have a free slot, you can check Harmony's stats like a regular Pokémon.

Bring Harmony's Flute to Mara again and she'll tell you that the Pokémon you have was once a child she knew in the village, before they were fused with a Pokémon, but their memories are long lost. She tells you to take good care of them. Clearly depressed, she tells you that she needs some time alone.

Name: Harmony
Type: Ghost/Normal
Ability: Dual Souls: Human and Pokémon attack together.
BST: 90/100/85/45/85/135
Signature Move: Soul Smash
Type: Ghost
Power: 80
PP: 5
Move: Physical
Effect: If the user's ability is Dual Souls, the second attack deals the same amount of damage as the first.
Other Moves: Hyper Voice, Fake Tears, Shadow Sneak

Just spent the last 2 hours fighting the same boss and i didnt even beat him. ive realized boss fights are my favorite parts of games because it's all about learning and using all of your tools instead of saving some.

Vanitas's unblockable lightning is bull**** tho

(KH BBS aqua, Crit mode in neverland btw. i am garbage at this game lmao)

D

Deleted member

I think I'm gonna leave temporarily. It's gotten to the point of obsession and it distracts me from school. The first semester is only 2 months away from ending and I'm not in a good position. I'm hoping to return in June.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

So Disgaea 5 is the most efficient of the games I own out of this list?

. . .Fascinating. I would have thought it'd be Stardew Valley. Stardew's definitely noticeably more efficient than Splatoon 2 and BotW, but a title with a physical release that causes crashes over complex calculations outdoing it is something I couldn't have predicted.

Sonic Mania edges it out as well, but since Stardew has stuff going on under the hood and the gap is very small I can kinda see that. A big game with a physical release being the most efficient is interesting.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ghetsis was the easiest of the previous team's bosses

5 words "Mega Blastoise used Aura Sphere"

Then

"Ampharos used Dragon Pulse"

BAM Dead

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
being loudly annoyed at people putting shiny ultra beasts up for trade but with gendered genderless pokemon as the thing they want

i say people i mean the same japanese player

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like the "Ash is a superhuman for being able to carry incredibly heavy Pokemon" meme has come back full circle in the latest Sun and Moon episode.

Pikachu too:

Friendly reminder that Cosmoem weighs 2204.4 lbs, or 999.9 kg.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Just spent the last 2 hours fighting the same boss and i didnt even beat him. ive realized boss fights are my favorite parts of games because it's all about learning and using all of your tools instead of saving some.

Vanitas's unblockable lightning is bull**** tho

(KH BBS aqua, Crit mode in neverland btw. i am garbage at this game lmao)
Fill your deck with max level Thunder Surge and make sure Cartwheel is max level (has to be the regular version).

Mash the dodge button forever for infinite invincibility frames, until you get an opening and Thunder Surge to take off nearly a full HP bar while also granting you invincibility frames. Immediately resume Cartwheeling.

Now do this for every boss fight in the game because BBS is a horribly unbalanced mess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

http://mhaoj.bn-ent.net/

Teaser from Bandai Namco for a new My Hero Academia game.

My Hero Academia All-Star Battle/Eyes of Heaven when? :thinking:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA *deep breath* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
****ing Bamco I love you guys god I can't wait for this it's gonna be so ****ing hype.

I don't even need to see the game to know it'll be good, I have the utmost trust in Bandai Namco for licensed fighters after the Storm series.
All I hope is that this one has playable Tokoyami and I'm set.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Just beat the Electric Trial and the first battle against Guzma in UltraSun. Time for another US update!

Current team:

Here's how both the Electric Trial and the Guzma battle, and oh boy do I have a lot to say for both.

Electric Trial:

Radically
different from Sun/Moon. First up, you do not fight Molayne prior to walking into the observatory. He still waits right outside it, and his dialogue with Kukui remains unchanged, but now he just gives you the Steelium-Z and then lets you inside.

Upon walking in, you see Molayne gathering up nine Charjabug. He tells you that he is preparing to take them outside to the field nearby so that he can feed them. When you walk into the center room past the hallway, Sophocles is there, but he does not begin the trial right away. Instead, he tells you to bring back the Charjabug Molayne was feeding. When you head out the Hokulani Observatory, Molayne is right outside counting up the Charjabug after their meal. You learn that three are missing and are hiding in the rocks in the field between the bus and the Pokemon Center. When you interact with the three rocks, you'll find that one of the Charjabug is still missing. As Molayne walks up and notices the situation, the image pauses to him thinking, and it stays paused for a good 10 seconds. You might think there's a glitch, but the point of the pause is so that you pay attention to everything that is going on around that still, and if you look at the top left corner, you'll see the last Charjabug walking past the bus. Head to the front of the bus and behind the fence and the final Charjabug waits there. With all nine Charjabugs gathered, now you can begin the trial.

The trial itself is much different as well. Instead of a quiz, you have to solve a puzzle with the Charjabugs. There are three Charjabugs on a 3 by 3 conveyor belt, and you need to put them in a straight line. There are four buttons on each corner of the square that will move the Charjabugs around. You need to do this three times. For the first time, you need to move the Charjabugs up to the top row. After that, you fight an Elekid. Then, you move the next set of Charjabugs to the bottom row, and a battle with an Electabuzz follows. For the last set, you need to move the Charjbaugs so that they form a diagonal line, in a positive slope. This will create a Z-shaped circuit that will fully activate the Vikabolt mech Sophocles will use to summon the Totem Pokemon.

When the Vikavolt mech finally turns on, it suddenly turns to the Charjabug and prepares to fire a very strong Electric attack on them. A Togedemaru jumps to the rescue and absorbs the Vikavolt's attack thanks to its Lightning Rod ability. The Ultra Beast theme plays while this scene goes on. Molayne comments that Togedemaru's electric sacs can't hold all of the electricity that the Vikavolt mech is firing. Suddenly, the Totem encounter theme plays, and the camera reveals Totem Togedemaru, the new Totem Pokemon for the Electric Trial, waiting on top of the ceiling. It jumps down and absorbs the rest of the Vikavolt mech's attack. Afterwards, Totem Togedemaru challenges you to a battle.

Let me just say now...

This...

is.
an.
absolute.
complete.
utter.
pain.
to.
DEFEAT!!!!!

The Totem Togedemaru took me two tries. The first time, I didn't black out, but I knew the fight would go nowhere. I originally led with Siegfried, thinking I could to do some good damage with Brick Break. It outsped Siegfried and used Bounce. Welp, good to know that it has a counter against Fighting-type Pokemon, so I had to switch out Siegfried and bring in Voltron to tank the Bounce. The Togedemaru then summoned Skarmory as an ally Pokemon, and what followed next was not fun.

I first tried to KO the Skarmory with Thunderbolt, but then I learned Totem Togedarmu has Lightning Rod, which meant Electric-type attacks do nothing in this battle. I then tried to bring in Sirius to have it use Inferno Overdrive, but Togedemaru managed to outspeed it and use Zing Zap for some strong damage, strong enough that I it would put Sirius in the yellow every time. What made matters worse is that the Ally Skarmory knew Tailwind AND Torment, so it allowed Togedemaru to become faster than it already is while annoying the heck out of your Pokemon by forcing to use different moves every turn. Did I mention the Skarmory knows Stealth Rock? Yep, that too. With Sirius going down very quickly, my only option was to stall out both Pokemon with Voltron, but I knew that would take forever, so I restarted the battle.

For the second attempt, I redid the whole trial and led with Sirius, and she one-shotted both the Elekid and the Electabuzz prior thanks to its Z-move (the Electabuzz managed to paralyze her with Thunder Wave, but thank goodness Pokemon Refresh exists). Totem Togedemaru then came back, and it was time for round 2. Little did I know the torture that awaited me...

First thing's first, I thought to myself, "Maybe if I use Inferno Overdrive from the get-go like I did with Totem Lurantis, the battle will be done easy-peasy!"

Oh, how wrong I was!

Want to know how Togedemaru started the battle this time? With a Spiky Shield... on the very same turn I used Inferno Overdrive!

You don't know how frustrated I was when that happened. Thanks to the Spiky Shield, Inferno Overdrive still left Togedemaru in the green, and my one Z-move for the battle was wasted away.

Then, Totem Togedmaru summoned Dedenne as its Ally Pokemon. At that point, all hell broke loose.

You thought Skarmory as the Ally Pokemon was bad? Dedenne is much, MUCH worse! How bad is it? Allow me to break it down:
  • Dedenne knows Charm, which harshly lowers Attack. Combine that with the Defense boost Totem Togedemaru gets, and that means physical attacks will do very little to the Totem Pokemon.
  • It also knows Eerie Impulse to harshly lower Special Attack. However, when it initially uses it, Totem Togedemaru automatically absorbs it with Lightning Rod and gets a Special Attack boost despite not needing it.
  • It even knows Discharge. Thanks to Totem Togedemaru's Lightning Rod, Togedemaru takes no damage from the attack. Let's not forget Discharge has a 30% chance to cause paralysis.
  • Ally Dedenne's ability is Pickup, and Totem Togedemaru just so happens to have a Sitrus Berry. Once the latter eats the berry, the former takes it and will use it for its own.
  • Last but not least, the Dedenne knows Super Fang, which is a strong physical attack.
When the Dedenne arrived, it was initially kind enough to give me a turn to give Sirius a Roto Boost. This Roto Boost was especially clutch, because it made sure Sirius wouldn't be seriously damaged by the Zing Zaps this time around. Still, what followed was nothing but frustration.

First, Togedemaru used a Zing Zap, and Dedenne followed up with a Discharge. Poor Sirius is already in the yellow. Not only that, but the Togedemaru got lucky with flinch hax that turn!

Welp, time to heal Sirius. One Hyper Potion was used.

Togedemaru then used Spiky Shield while Dedenne went for Charm. Another turn where I can't attack.

Togedemaru goes back to the Zing Zap, and Dedenne uses Discharge. Sirius gets paralyzed from the attack, and paralysis hax kicks in to stop it from attacking again.

With Sirius paralyzed AND in the yellow, I had to use up my only Full Restore.

Togedemaru repeats another Zing Zap, and Sirius's Flame Body kicks in to burn Togedemaru. Dedenne then uses Discharge... and paralyzes Sirius yet again.

Sirius cannot attack for yet another turn due to flinch hax from the Zing Zap.

But then there was a moment of hope! Togedemaru's burn kicked in. The burn put Togedemaru into yellow, reminding me there was still hope...

...but then I learned it had a Sitrus Berry, and it healed back most of its health (and Dedenne then took the Sitrus Berry for itself thanks to its Pickup ability).

I was fuming at this point.

The next several turns, I had to use Hyper Potions over and over again until I could get a good chance to attack (and when I tried to attack again, paralysis hax stopped me again for a turn). There was no point in healing the paralysis either, because I had a feeling Togedemaru would keep going for the offensive. I literally thought the burn would be the only way Totem Togedemaru would go down, so I was dreading a long fight.

When an opening finally emerged, Sirius managed to land on Flamethrower to KO that evil Togedemaru for good. This left only that annoying Dedenne left. I used Shadow Ball on it, but it lived and healed a good chunk of a health thanks to the Sitrus Berry from Pickup. With all that Discharge spam and the paralysis on Sirius, I had to withdraw Sirius so that Rem could do the rest. After tanking the Discharge, Rem took some hefty damage from a Super Fang, but she managed to knock it out with a single Leaf Blade.

The hell was finally over.

The dialogue that followed between Molayne and Sophocles after the battle was pretty much the same for the most part. The only changes were Molayne drawing a connection between science and Pokemon battles, and Sophocles briefly takes you to the Festival Plaza to introduce you to the Battle Agency.

In all, Totem Togedemaru was easily the hardest Totem Battle thus far! I don't think I need to repeat myself why. Perhaps if I had a Ground-type Pokemon, this battle could've been easier, but then I remember Totem Togedemaru gets a Defense boost AND it knows Bounce (not to mention it could summon Skarmory, which is immune to Ground-type attacks), so yeah, I don't think having a Ground-type makes this easier. Get ready for a really annoying and hard battle.

Now, it was time to fight Guzma.

1st Guzma Battle:

The dialogue prior to it is the same. For the battle itself, it is slightly different. Guzma still leads with his Golisopod, but his Ariados has now been swapped with a Masquerain.

I initially led with Fafnir, thinking it could handle most of Golisopod's attacks thanks to Eviolite while dealing some good damage back with Air Cutter. Oh, how wrong I was.

Air Cutter still left Golisopod in the green, but just enough so that it didn't reach yellow for Emergency Exit to activate. I also had the misfortune of fighting Guzma while it was raining in Malie City, which meant its Razor Shell got an attack boost. Razor Shell knocked out Fafnir very quickly, so I had to switch into Voltron to Revive and heal Fafnir. After a few turns of receiving more Razor Shells and healing with Hyper Potions, I switched to Makoto, and the process repeated. I switched to Rem, and she managed to land a Leaf Blade for Emergency Exit to activate. Masquerain then came in. I brought back Fafnir and healed up my other teammates. I then proceeded to finish Masquerain with Air Cutter. Golisopod came back, and I responded with Voltron. Voltron got a good Thunderbolt to finally finish it off.

Following the battle, the concluding dialogue is the same for the most part, except for a small yet interesting addition.

Story updates:

Right before Guzma leaves Malie Garden, he stops and notices Hau waiting by the side. Guzma immediately recognizes Hau, asking if it's him. Hau affirms Guzma's question, and Guzma mentions something along the lines of, "You should just give up the Island Challenge if you know you're grandpa is too strong for you." I can't remember the exact words, but it was something like that.

I thought it was a nice addition because it shows Guzma has a past with Hala. Sun/Moon did imply this already with his postgame battle, but I think this addition in USUM does a better job establishing that. What's also interesting is that Hau doesn't look happy when Guzma calls him out. That makes me think the two met before, probably when the two were much younger.

I am now going through Route 11. We'll see if I'll be beat the Ghost Trial later today.
I like how progressively intense this read got.
My battle with Totem Metal Sonic was mostly the opposite tho.
I was tired so I sent out Mawile and used Z-Brick Break to finish it quickly, ****er used Spiky Shield.

I got mad and changed for Steelix.
Hard Snek is basically a win button as long you have many offensive moves to counter Skarmory's Torment and don't KO said birb before the Totem (because then Dedenne will come out to Super Fang your hopes and dreams)

With Steelix on the field I proceeded to mock at their efforts to cause significant damage to my Steel/Ground behemoth while I finished Togedemaru with Bulldoze and Skarmory with Crunch and Rock Slide.

After reading your story I feel I dodged a bullet by having Solid Snake on my team. :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
MOTHER****ERS NEED TO MAKE IT A GOOD *** GAME. AND ADD MEI HATSUME. AND HAVE ****BAG MCPURPLE'S ONLY ROLE BE A TRAINING DUMMY
Just because you said that, Grapist will be top tier. And it'll be YOUR fault.

And in other news, Marvel got a new Head Hanco now that Axel Alanzo got dropped. I hope this leads to good things. I feel a lot of the current Marvel comics stuff needs shaking up. Namely in the writing and editing department. Some of their artists can stay, like Stuart Immomen(which I may have misspelled) and Mark Bagley, guys who work on the Spider-Man and Venom books respectively. I don't know if Sara Pachelli is still doing stuff for them, if she is, I'd like her to try an X-Men book.

I know Joe Mad, one of my favorites did some stuff for them, so I'd really like to see him stay on a book for more than 6 issues.

Personally, I'd like to see a new writer on the main Amazing Spider-Man book, it's been 9 years. Some new blood would be welcomed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
GAME TIME. Make a roster of about 20 characters for an MHA fighter.
Deku
All Might (forcibly weighed down)
Bakugo
Tsu
Tenya Ida
Momo Yaoyarozu
Kirishima with a Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu alt
Tokoyami
Stain
All For One
Mei Hatsume
Shigaraki with Kurogiri and Nomu as attacks
Uraraka
Shoto Todoroki
Mina Ashido
Itsuka Kendo
Aizawa
Nezu
Gran Torino
Muscular (Season 3 character)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Looks like the "Ash is a superhuman for being able to carry incredibly heavy Pokemon" meme has come back full circle in the latest Sun and Moon episode.

Pikachu too:

Friendly reminder that Cosmoem weighs 2204.4 lbs, or 999.9 kg.

That shrug. Lol

My Pikachu is buff as hell and we can't win one ****ing league, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom