• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I just watched the first episode of Neo Yokio and, honestly, I refuse to believe this is real.
This looks too much like an abridged series, there are still frames everywhere and the dialogue is super cringy but it feels like it was all done on purpose.
Like, in one scene, Kaz(the MC voiced by Jaden) is looking at suits simply by touch with a blindfold on and he calls the store clerk... "Sales clerk" like they are friends.
The rest of Kaz's lines sound like they all cane out of a Nihilist Memes page. "Aren't we all equal in death after all?". He says during a discussion with his friends when he doesn't want to play in their team's game.
Did I mention he has a robot butler? Because he does.

Well, looking at it, you could tell netflix just payed for Jaden's Deviantart comic to come to life.

I'm just waiting for Voltron to come back on. I'm liking that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man my favourite thing is when you and a teammate are fighting one guy on the other team and your teammate keeps standing in front of your shots and you both get splatted.

..why can't team ink pass through teammates?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Watched the newest episode of MHA
Toga's voice... is pretty basic...

And even though I'm a fan or Rerez's videos, I think he is just sticking himself in the mud whenever he makes this kind of video saying why Nintendo Switch will fail or have a rough time in 2018. Perhaps this is just me being a"Nintendo Switch fanboy" like how some folks said. I just don't like people just talk things way out out proportion, especially in this video.
With that said, I just wanna ask what do you guys think about Rerez speculation in this video? I'm not gonna make any essay rebuttals for now, even though he has a some points that I agree but also some are really a joke.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I know a bunch of people skeptical about the Switch that once they got it said "they wish all games came to the switch so they don't have to play other consoles".

Just got bodied, but I splatted praline like, three times, so personal victory :p
Dude we took eachother out everytime.

Also that was the first time I ever got booted from a match cause not enough players.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Dude we took eachother out everytime.
Still a personal victory because I either get wrecked all the time or wreck all the time.

It's nice to finally have some close fights.

Also that was the first time I ever got booted from a match cause not enough players.
Happened to me before.

Doesn't help that there were clearly 8 players in the lobby.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

And even though I'm a fan or Rerez's videos, I think he is just sticking himself in the mud whenever he makes this kind of video saying why Nintendo Switch will fail or have a rough time in 2018. Perhaps this is just me being a"Nintendo Switch fanboy" like how some folks said. I just don't like people just talk things way out out proportion, especially in this video.
With that said, I just wanna ask what do you guys think about Rerez speculation in this video? I'm not gonna make any essay rebuttals for now, even though he has a some points that I agree but also some are really a joke.
Why on earth are these "rip the swich" videos becoming more prominent

This dude is gonna get a heart attack from all the salt he has, damn

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Why do I always get in rooms where everyone is always 25 levels above me!?
Levels are kinda meaningless, I used to beat tons of Level 50 players in the original Splatoon. The Japanese kind that everyone complained about, too. It's not even that I'm good, Ranked tends to get too hot for me to handle before I can ever reach the "proper" level, it's just that play time doesn't really say anything about someone's skill.

Although the people that are Level 50 this early do kind of boggle my mind slightly.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Levels are kinda meaningless, I used to beat tons of Level 50 players in the original Splatoon. The Japanese kind that everyone complained about, too. It's not even that I'm good, Ranked tends to get too hot for me to handle before I can ever reach the "proper" level, it's just that play time doesn't really say anything about someone's skill.

Although the people that are Level 50 this early do kind of boggle my mind slightly.
They probably got the game early... or they have no life.

...or both I guess.

D

Deleted member

Well, looking at it, you could tell netflix just payed for Jaden's Deviantart comic to come to life.

I'm just waiting for Voltron to come back on. I'm liking that.
Jaden is only the MC's VA, he didn't produce, direct or write anything

I haven't watched Voltron, how many eps are there? All I know about it is about 30% of the plot and I blame Tumblr on that

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I've had like a three day long debate (well maybe a little too immature on all sides to be a debate, I'm not taking it that seriously and I don't think anyone else is either) brawl on Twitter with myself and one other guy versus two Sony fanboys trying to goad us into buying PS4s and Knack 2.

Methinks console warriors are starting to get ruffled.

D

Deleted member

This is why im not allowed near photo editing programs
It's a good thing you said "**** the law" this time then
I hope future civilizations find this pic and understand how our society was like based off on this single pic and they'll be 99% accurate

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hmm... should I get Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions physically or digitally?

Either way, I'm HAPPY that one of my most favorite games of all time is getting a remake.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Only Hinoka, Sakura, and Elise feel samey to any degree. I agree Sakura and Elise could have been left out for Azura, but to say most of the Royals offer nothing is bs.
Hinoka mostly feels same-y because of Cordelia and Caeda and all 3 of them using Spears. That being said, if we don't exclude Class changing, you can get some uniqueness between them if you went:
Caeda = Falcon Knight = Sword + Lance
Cordelia = Dark Flier = Lance + Magic
Hinoka = Either Falcon Knight with Lance + Staff or Kinshi Knight with Lance + Bow.

Elise and Sakura definitely have the issue in that their main Promotions are basically Leo 2.0 and Magic Bow Takumi. While Sakura could've been a potential infantry Magic user if they gave her the Hoshidan Sage's weapon to differentiate between her and her siblings, Elise's only other promotion is Maid, which uses Daggers. Elise didn't really have any other choice. Although a Dagger-wielding Elise riding a horse would be possibly the greatest thing in all of FE and would trump even Xander's Tony Hawk horse.

I am sad to see that Azura was considered and eventually left out, but the reasoning does make sense as there were already 9 characters from Fates(10 if you count Male Corrin). There is always a chance of DLC though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Sorry, im in that splatoon dry spell again. I just cant play the game without losing intrest
I discovered just now you were on r/Splatoon like an hour ago and did a double take.

You may not be in the mood to actually play but you're still in a Hightide Era.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I discovered just now you were on r/Splatoon like an hour ago and did a double take.

You may not be in the mood to actually play but you're still in a Hightide Era.
Yeah I remade another account to subscribe to r/youtubehaiku and/people****ingdying and thought, hell I subscribe to r/splatoon too

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

This dude is gonna get a heart attack from all the salt he has, damn
Not all of them, I think it's just because Rerez is a big Youtuber that has been negative on Switch but I still think he makes sense.... 6 months ago... now he really is kind of going off the chart here...
He recently promotes that All Controller, I like the concept but I don't like the design for now. I hope there will be a design that is based on the Switch pro controller.

Right off the bat he mentions Switch has fewer game libraries compare to Xbox One and PS4 which he is totally right. However, maybe I will be wrong on but...
- Switch is only out less than a year
- Both Xbox One and PS4 are 4 years old consoles.

I never expect Pokemon to come out in 2018, neither is Metroid Prime 4 honestly, problem is Rerez is kind of acting like Switch only has four first party titles in 2018 even though he knows there will be Nintendo Directs (Also neglecting that Nintendo tends to reveal third party game in Directs)
But then again, I did say this before, right now Nintendo Switch despite in Japan is the best selling console (Which Rerez didn't this by the way), there is no big much upcoming AAA titles from Capcom, SquareEnix, and BandaiNamco for Nintendo Switch... which mean Switch's Japan developed games titles are lacking for now... especially when looking at TGS 2017...
I do give him credit for talking about Switch's lack of storage.
Then again, I have heard that even though the basic models of Xbox One and PS4 have 500 GB, they still goes away pretty fast. And not to mention when you even buy the disc games like Overwatch is going to have you to download the update that takes around 8 hours to download in a normal internet speed (Base one of OJ from Player Essence stream) if you buy it new.

Oh man, yes NBA 2K18 that you need micro SD card is really dumb. But Rerez in the later video he says that developers can't guess how much space we have even though he aware we gamers will still buy SD cards...
System storage I agree, but SD card? The cheapest common micro SD card you can buy is 8 GBs (But seriously if you just buy 8 GB is also a bit dumb), so the developers can try to have to balance the card storage and the save file storage.

Around 5:40 I think is where Rerez is losing his stand...
Rerez: I'M NOT ASKING FOR 500 GBs ON A PORTABLE SYSTEM! WHAT KIND OF IDIOT DO YOU THINK I AM?!
Me: Ok Rerez, you do have a point, but I doubt anyone who has basic technical knowledge won't say that, so no offense I think you are an idiot for even mentioning that up...
Rerez: WHAT I WANT IS 64 GBs BUILT INTO THE SWITCH HOW MUCH WILL THAT COST TWICE AMOUNT OF THE FLASH MEMORY?
Me: Oh my gosh, I thought you said that cartridges will cost a lot than Blue Ray discs but then you say that flash memory won't cost that much.... well, how about... just go out and buy a 64 GB sd card that cost less than 25$? Why does it always have to be Nintendo playing as a saint here?

Again, I have to say this, Rerez is right, I do think that Switch needs more storage in the future... and what I care the most is... system transfer... I really need that someday.

Just got bodied, but I splatted praline like, three times, so personal victory :p
Do you know how it feels when you realized your Internet can't play online?

Imagine changing the situation that the Inkling is already holding a Switch but Judd says the Internet isn't suitable for online...
And yes, this includes Salamon Run...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just watched the first episode of Neo Yokio and, honestly, I refuse to believe this is real.
This looks too much like an abridged series, there are still frames everywhere and the dialogue is super cringy but it feels like it was all done on purpose.
Like, in one scene, Kaz(the MC voiced by Jaden) is looking at suits simply by touch with a blindfold on and he calls the store clerk... "Sales clerk" like they are friends.
The rest of Kaz's lines sound like they all cane out of a Nihilist Memes page. "Aren't we all equal in death after all?". He says during a discussion with his friends when he doesn't want to play in their team's game.
Did I mention he has a robot butler? Because he does.

I saw a minute of the show on twitter. This looks so bat**** insane that I'm seriously considering watching it

D

Deleted member

Ok, so MHA, we all love it. I mean, who doesn't?
Though one thing bothers me, A LOT, and it's not something I actually should be bothered about because it's related to a part of the fanbase, but since it has to do with spreading misinformation on what the show's themes are.
If you've seen any MHA analysis video after one of Geoff's videos, you'll know that one idea being thrown around is that MHA is, apparently, about self-improvement and is an antithesis to Naruto's heavy focus on teamwork strenght.
Here's the thing, that idea couldn't be more wrong, and I'm going to write a thesis on it goddamnit

Spoiler warning for everything up until the latest episode
The first thing is to localise the source of this idea, and looking back at it, it's pretty clear where this came from: MHA picked up a lot of steam before and during the start of its second season, which was entirely made of the Sports Festival Arc. Geoff's video was also released while the anime was still in that arc so it's clear where this all came from, the 1-on-1 fights, which heavily focused on what each single individual could do by themselves. But there's a problem with this, because this is THE ONLY TIME in the entire anime up until this point where single fights were the focus(well, that and the obstacle course but that wasn't a "fight"), every other fight in the series was a team-up with the exception of the iconic All Might vs. Nomu fight but the theme of that fight was putting the need of others before yourself(One For All indeed), not on how powerful All Might is that he doesn't need help.
Hell, even the second activity in the Sports Festival was the epitome of teamwork.

Really, even if you've seen only the first episode you'll realise that the series shows that "teamwork is important", even Pro Heroes do it, one of the very first scenes has the heroes team up together to fulfill different roles: Death Arms tries to minimize collateral damage, Backdraft protects the citizens and Kamui Woods tries to capture the villain(until Mt. Lady comes in and steals his kill).
From then on we have the Hero vs. Villain exercise which puts students on 2-on-2 battles and the fact Deku and Uraraka only win due to acting in sinergy and Bakugo refusing to work with Iida is called out by Momo; the USJ Arc which has Deku, Tsuyu and Trash only escape due to them working with their Quirks together; the Cavalry Battle, as I said earlier, which brought many new strategies since it made students fight in teams of 2-4 members, and the ones who clearly didn't plan out hiw to use their Quirks together end up losing(such as Monoma's team who not only loses due to underestimating Bakugo but also because their whole plan was "walk up to an enemy and let Monoma copy their Quirk"); the Stain fight which would have ended with a dead Iida if not for Deku and Hand Crusher; and now, finally, the latest arc, the End of Terms Exams, whose focus is on proper teamwork and covering your own weaknesses.

And one last thing, this time on Quirks, the way they're designed is to leave it clear what the "strenght in numbers" Shonen thematic is trying to accomplish: one person cannot do everything by themselves, everyone has weaknesses, no matter how strong they may be and the only way to cover your own weaknesses is by adding others' strenght into your own. Quirks can only do one thing, it's Crippling Overspecialization at its best, the Slime Villain fight shows how helpless the Heroes are when their Quirk has an unfavorable matchup and circumstances. You NEED others to make yourself the strong, and that's okay.
Meanwhile, where does the "strongest Quirk" fit in all of this? As One For All really has no weaknesses once mastered. Except, it does, technically, in a sense, depending on the angle: it's useless if no one has used it before, its current power is a result of many people building on it through years. In other words, it's teamwork in Quirk form.
But even then, we're shown its users aren't infallible: Deku is still incapable of utilising OFA in its full power and has to either rely on a small stat boost or injure himself and make himself almost useless; All Might is shown to be doing more harm to himself than anything from overusing his Quirk due to the injuries left by All For One, his constant need to "be a hero" has only worsened his state and would have led to his death if it wasn't for Deku and Snipe Ex Machina; and his antecessor, well, we all know what happened.
Tl;dr Geoff didn't read the ****ing manga pay enough attention

Though if you like MHA, please read this, I spent about 20 minutes on this thing and I'm pretty sure there are some Zebei-level typos in there

Tagging those who this may concern to
mario123007 mario123007 Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen A Distant Demon A Distant Demon @Swampasaur

Though one thing bothers me, A LOT, and it's not something I actually should be bothered about because it's related to a part of the fanbase, but since it has to do with spreading misinformation on what the show's themes are.
If you've seen any MHA analysis video after one of Geoff's videos, you'll know that one idea being thrown around is that MHA is, apparently, about self-improvement and is an antithesis to Naruto's heavy focus on teamwork strenght.
Here's the thing, that idea couldn't be more wrong, and I'm going to write a thesis on it goddamnit

The first thing is to localise the source of this idea, and looking back at it, it's pretty clear where this came from: MHA picked up a lot of steam before and during the start of its second season, which was entirely made of the Sports Festival Arc. Geoff's video was also released while the anime was still in that arc so it's clear where this all came from, the 1-on-1 fights, which heavily focused on what each single individual could do by themselves. But there's a problem with this, because this is THE ONLY TIME in the entire anime up until this point where single fights were the focus(well, that and the obstacle course but that wasn't a "fight"), every other fight in the series was a team-up with the exception of the iconic All Might vs. Nomu fight but the theme of that fight was putting the need of others before yourself(One For All indeed), not on how powerful All Might is that he doesn't need help.
Hell, even the second activity in the Sports Festival was the epitome of teamwork.

Really, even if you've seen only the first episode you'll realise that the series shows that "teamwork is important", even Pro Heroes do it, one of the very first scenes has the heroes team up together to fulfill different roles: Death Arms tries to minimize collateral damage, Backdraft protects the citizens and Kamui Woods tries to capture the villain(until Mt. Lady comes in and steals his kill).
From then on we have the Hero vs. Villain exercise which puts students on 2-on-2 battles and the fact Deku and Uraraka only win due to acting in sinergy and Bakugo refusing to work with Iida is called out by Momo; the USJ Arc which has Deku, Tsuyu and Trash only escape due to them working with their Quirks together; the Cavalry Battle, as I said earlier, which brought many new strategies since it made students fight in teams of 2-4 members, and the ones who clearly didn't plan out hiw to use their Quirks together end up losing(such as Monoma's team who not only loses due to underestimating Bakugo but also because their whole plan was "walk up to an enemy and let Monoma copy their Quirk"); the Stain fight which would have ended with a dead Iida if not for Deku and Hand Crusher; and now, finally, the latest arc, the End of Terms Exams, whose focus is on proper teamwork and covering your own weaknesses.

And one last thing, this time on Quirks, the way they're designed is to leave it clear what the "strenght in numbers" Shonen thematic is trying to accomplish: one person cannot do everything by themselves, everyone has weaknesses, no matter how strong they may be and the only way to cover your own weaknesses is by adding others' strenght into your own. Quirks can only do one thing, it's Crippling Overspecialization at its best, the Slime Villain fight shows how helpless the Heroes are when their Quirk has an unfavorable matchup and circumstances. You NEED others to make yourself the strong, and that's okay.
Meanwhile, where does the "strongest Quirk" fit in all of this? As One For All really has no weaknesses once mastered. Except, it does, technically, in a sense, depending on the angle: it's useless if no one has used it before, its current power is a result of many people building on it through years. In other words, it's teamwork in Quirk form.
But even then, we're shown its users aren't infallible: Deku is still incapable of utilising OFA in its full power and has to either rely on a small stat boost or injure himself and make himself almost useless; All Might is shown to be doing more harm to himself than anything from overusing his Quirk due to the injuries left by All For One, his constant need to "be a hero" has only worsened his state and would have led to his death if it wasn't for Deku and Snipe Ex Machina; and his antecessor, well, we all know what happened.

Though if you like MHA, please read this, I spent about 20 minutes on this thing and I'm pretty sure there are some Zebei-level typos in there

mario123007 mario123007 Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen A Distant Demon A Distant Demon @Swampasaur

I havent watched the most recent episode, but isnt the current plot 90% about teamwork? Like how students are able to work together with crazy moves to beat the teachers. Hell even the tournament arc had a stage all about teamwork.

Also, I dont interact with the fanbase at all or watch videos so I dont really have much else to add lol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I read the manga breh I think I know more about it than you do. Speaking of, volume 10 won't arrive on my doorstep till November

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382

Honestly, wouldn't it be better to ignore these types of videos? I stopped watching people like Blackb0nd, Dr. Tre, and Stonefoxmedia a LONG time ago because they were either damage controlling in unreasonable ways or were overly critical and disrespectful on multiple occasions. Watching this guy's video, he really is no different. Just because he's adamant and overly authoritative on an opinion doesn't really make it right and his reasoning doesn't really make any sense. Saying that there will be only 4 games in 2018 is a really really bold prediction.

D

Deleted member

Ep13 of Made in Abyss will be one-hour long
Oh boy, I am not ready
I read the manga breh I think I know more about it than you do. Speaking of, volume 10 won't arrive on my doorstep till November
Gwen, no one ****ing cares you've read the manga, I'm being angry because Professional ****bag can't get his catoon facts straight

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Honestly, wouldn't it be better to ignore these types of videos? I stopped watching people like Blackb0nd, Dr. Tre, and Stonefoxmedia a LONG time ago because they were either damage controlling in unreasonable ways or were overly critical and disrespectful on multiple occasions.
I wouldn't ignore those who are fairly critical on Nintendo like Reviewtechusa, Yongyea, Nintendo Beyond (Previously Bitblock), and Blunty etc....
Yes, Stonefoxmedia, Shokio, and Blackbond I don't care about not just because they are just Nintendo haters, it's because they are criticizing Nintendo with a nonsense mindset. I'm almost going to ignore SMD64 if his videos are the same type of nonsense...
Also funny is how Blackbond Stonefoxmedia says the Nintendo "fanboys" are always damage control on Nintendo Switch when there really isn't any, sort of.
Spawnwave is probably the best Nintendo/ Gaming channel that recently emerged in 2017.
Watching this guy's video, he really is no different. Just because he's adamant and overly authoritative on an opinion doesn't really make it right and his reasoning doesn't really make any sense. Saying that there will be only 4 games in 2018 is a really really bold prediction.
OJ from Playeressence is doing a live chat right now, and he basically debunks on some of the points in his video and the other video I shared even though I do agree Nintendo Switch system storage is not so great.

I mean, yeah,it's better to ignore nonsense negative Switch videos, but it's really worth of a watch on those constructive ones.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I wouldn't ignore those who are fairly critical on Nintendo like Nintendo Beyond (Previously Bitblock)
Saltblock threw an emotional hissy fit at the newest Mario Party game for no reason and screams at people who like things he doesn't, including Smash 4 dlc, attacks smaller youtube channels for finding success, doxxed Nintendo employees and threatened their safety, recorded himself masterbating, etc. He isn't 'fairly critical', he's a guy who needs to go to a therapist. There's a reason we call him SaltBlock here too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom