• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Not really. In Pokemon you can only go where the plot wants you to go. I want to be able to go to any area in any order and face the gyms how I want to.
Pokémon is more linear than most OWs, however it still has qualities of an OW game. There ARE no-plot areas, granted only one or two per game, and you have the ability of free roam. That being said, Pokémon is a very small OW in that while it has these qualities, it wouldn't be seen as one by most players. But it is one. Just a very small one.

As for gyms- that's irrelevant. Gyms have always been based on skill levels. Some, like the first ones, allowed you to face a later gym earlier but it didn't change their difficulty. That has nothing to do with the genre- that's the system.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
so daisys going to be in super mario run

and shes a peach clone! hahahahaha if he who must not be named was here theyd be pissed
Y'know, if they ever made a second Peach game, which they should, she should be the player 2 choice.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Looks like we have some very bad news regarding Fire Emblem Warriors:

The translation of that paragraph:

"...the team initially planned to include Corrin, Azura and the 8 siblings, but since the number of Fates inclusions were too great (and the game is really looking like AwakeningFates Musou), they decided they had to exclude Azura (this time)."
Yep, Azura is officially deconfirmed from being in the base roster, solely because the team thought there were too many Fates characters.

Not gonna lie, this is disappointing. Say what you will about Azura's character, but you have to agree that Azura would have a fantastic and unique moveset in Warriors due to her array of lance-wielding, water-bending, singing, and dancing abilities. Come to think of it, we don't even have an infantry lance user, which Azura could've done a great job representing.

Meanwhile on other FE boards like SerenesForests, many fans think Elise and Sakura should've been axed for Azura since the former two are turning out to be mostly clones of Leo and Takumi respectively. From the gameplay shown thus far, I can understand why.

Looks like Azura's only hope at being in the game is through DLC at this point. My deepest condolences to the Azura fans.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Yep, Azura is officially deconfirmed from being in the base roster, solely because the team thought there were too many Fates characters.

Not gonna lie, this is disappointing. Say what you will about Azura's character, but you have to agree that Azura would have a fantastic and unique moveset in Warriors due to her array of lance-wielding, water-bending, singing, and dancing abilities. Come to think of it, we don't even have an infantry lance user, which Azura could've done a great job representing.

Meanwhile on other FE boards like SerenesForests, many fans think Elise and Sakura should've been axed for Azura since the former two are turning out to be mostly clones of Leo and Takumi respectively. From the gameplay shown thus far, I can understand why.

Looks like Azura's only hope at being in the game is through DLC at this point. My deepest condolences to the Azura fans.
RIP Azura
Death by Sibling Spam

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

So instead they decided to add the boring siblings? Ok then...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know what kind of Pokémon game should be released? An advanced stadium. I'm talking Pokémon Showdown but in beautiful 3D renders and no chat because children don't know how to handle my superior Serperior, Meme Snake, without calling me a racial slur. :4ness:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I dont like Eliae or Sakura so cutting them would be no skin off my bones

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me

As much as I like Azura, I sadly have to agree with them. There are quite a lot of characters from Fates already. It's only fair.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I know making the FEWarriors roster was a dev battle, I still can't stomach that the fact they have every royal in there even though most of them don't bring anything new to the table at all.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

With how many weird decisions Koei Tecmo has made for Fire Emblem Warriors, I stopped caring about the game a while ago.

Though I have to agree, Azura would've been such a unique addition. Not to mention she's a major character of Fates, so not seeing her feels like the game's not complete.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I know making the FEWarriors roster was a dev battle, I still can't stomach that the fact they have every royal in there even though most of them don't bring anything new to the table at all.
Honestly if I had it my way Corrin and Azura would be the only Fates characters in the game.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Let's be real here, Corrin and all of the princes and princesses is already a lot of Fates characters. It's like putting too much Mentos into too much Diet Coke.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Corrin is highly unique. Ryoma has an electric katana. Xander is the only swordsman on a horse. Camilla is our only Wyvern Rider. Takumi has wind powers and was our first archer in FEW. Leo was the game's original mounted mage.

Only Hinoka, Sakura, and Elise feel samey to any degree. I agree Sakura and Elise could have been left out for Azura, but to say most of the Royals offer nothing is bs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Going off from this, it means any other Fates character never had any chance, unless Uncle Garon shows up as a playable villain(which is likely considering History Mode)
Let's be real here, Corrin and all of the princes and princesses is already a lot of Fates characters. It's like putting too much Mentos into too much Diet Coke.
You should NEVER put even one piece of Mentos in your Coke, this isn't a comparable analogy at all unless you mean Fates shouldn't have any characters which is wrong
Xander is the only swordsman on a horse
Xander has a magical horse and a sword THAT WILL PIERCE THE SKIES
Just saying he has a sword and a horse is underselling his magic

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Corrin is highly unique. Ryoma has an electric katana. Xander is the only swordsman on a horse. Camilla is our only Wyvern Rider. Takumi has wind powers and was our first archer in FEW. Leo was the game's original mounted mage.

Only Hinoka, Sakura, and Elise feel samey to any degree. I agree Sakura and Elise could have been left out for Azura, but to say most of the Royals offer nothing is bs.
You should know by now everything I say about FEW is a salt-driven hyperbole

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Koei isn't adding Azura? Strange. Well considering the kind of decisions they make, it doesn't surprise me. But still. They're still doing a decent job at least imo.

On the other hand, they did bring back my favorite girl in their latest render for DW9. Not relevant to the FE Warriors discussion, but hey I'll just put it there because whatever.

D

Deleted member

Koei Tecmo is the same company that tried to not include Lucina until IS came in and stopped that financial suicide attempt, I don't know why we're all THAT surprised Lucina's Somehow Even More Cryptic Twin Sister isn't in FEW

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The issue isn't that people don't understand the "number of Fates characters" reasoning. The thing people take issue with is the fact that Sakura and Elise in particular got priority over Azura.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
The issue isn't that people don't understand the "number of Fates characters" reasoning. The thing people take issue with is the fact that Sakura and Elise in particular got priority over Azura.
I don't have a problem with that though. If they thought Sakura and Elise should be in over Azura, then they must have their reasons.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I can get the amount of Fates characters.
The older brothers are the main faces of each side
Camilla and Takumi are fan favorites

And then I'd prefer more niche picks that are still popular, but I can't deny the popularity of the sisters and from there it'd be weird to leave out Hinoka and Leo.

I think it's the double-routed nature of Fates that made the balance a bit off, I'm quite content with the Awakening roster.

But can we talk about how cool the movesets look?
Corrin looks like a blast to play, Xander whips out the best cavalry can bring and now there's Tiki with the straight-up fun moveset.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

You are the ocean's downloadable waves.

Azura being out is sad, since from a purely moveset point she probably has the most unique possible moveset. This is also probably the only chance we had of her using water offensively . . .unless she does it in Rev? Would have gladly let Leo/Hinoka or Sakura/Elise get replaced by Azura + someone else. And Hinoka is my favorite sibling so take that as you will

The real failure though, is the lack of Knight/General. It's such an important class type, and it's completely MIA. Im pretty sure we've seen enemies of it, so we know it's probably in the game.

Unless the joke winds up being Kellam was in the game and we just never saw him. That would actually be hilarious.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I can get the amount of Fates characters.
The older brothers are the main faces of each side
Camilla and Takumi are fan favorites

And then I'd prefer more niche picks that are still popular, but I can't deny the popularity of the sisters and from there it'd be weird to leave out Hinoka and Leo.

I think it's the double-routed nature of Fates that made the balance a bit off, I'm quite content with the Awakening roster.

But can we talk about how cool the movesets look?
Corrin looks like a blast to play, Xander whips out the best cavalry can bring and now there's Tiki with the straight-up fun moveset.
What I love is that Xander and Frederick are so different despite both being on horseback. Xander goes all acrobatic with wide reaching slashes and is basically Tony Hawk with a sword, but a horse instead of a skateboard. Frederick, on the other hand, feels like an unstoppable force who just plows through enemies and slams them with his axe, dragging them along helplessly like a medieval bulldozer.

Clones or otherwise, I also love Caeda/Cordelia/Hinoka's moveset. Pegasus Knights are one of my favorite Fire Emblem classes and the general moveset they have is wonderful.

Also all of Chrom's moves, more or less, come straight from Awakening, so that's pretty hype.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Lyn in this game though. Her gameplay and moveset is going to be incredible. A lighting fast swordsman with swift, deadly charge attacks and a flashly musou, brutally and quickly slashing and cutting crowds of peons. She is easily this game's Zhou Tai.

D

Deleted member

I just watched the first episode of Neo Yokio and, honestly, I refuse to believe this is real.
This looks too much like an abridged series, there are still frames everywhere and the dialogue is super cringy but it feels like it was all done on purpose.
Like, in one scene, Kaz(the MC voiced by Jaden) is looking at suits simply by touch with a blindfold on and he calls the store clerk... "Sales clerk" like they are friends.
The rest of Kaz's lines sound like they all cane out of a Nihilist Memes page. "Aren't we all equal in death after all?". He says during a discussion with his friends when he doesn't want to play in their team's game.
Did I mention he has a robot butler? Because he does.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
What I love is that Xander and Frederick are so different despite both being on horseback. Xander goes all acrobatic with wide reaching slashes and is basically Tony Hawk with a sword, but a horse instead of a skateboard. Frederick, on the other hand, feels like an unstoppable force who just plows through enemies and slams them with his axe, dragging them along helplessly like a medieval bulldozer.

Clones or otherwise, I also love Caeda/Cordelia/Hinoka's moveset. Pegasus Knights are one of my favorite Fire Emblem classes and the general moveset they have is wonderful.

Also all of Chrom's moves, more or less, come straight from Awakening, so that's pretty hype.
Even though I like Cherche way more than Camilla, her wyvern moveset is top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom