• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I went to go look up "king dedede adorable" and there's a ton of amazing things I'm glad I'm seeing right now.

But even among those this is perfection.

*EDIT* Nope, it broke. But I may have just discovered my secret closet favorite video game character in a hilariously badly fitting cosplay. No, not the obvious one, the one I want in Smash and always flameshield every time I bring them up for it.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I went to go look up "king dedede adorable" and there's a ton of amazing things I'm glad I'm seeing right now.

But even among those this is perfection.

*EDIT* Nope, it broke. But I may have just discovered my secret closet favorite video game character in a hilariously badly fitting cosplay. No, not the obvious one, the one I always flameshield every time I bring them up.
post it to imgur, then copy it here

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
post it to imgur, then copy it here
(Wow, dragging and dropping between tabs actually worked)

Uh, take two.

The look on his face just completely wins it.

*EDIT* Now let's hope my bizarre taste in video game characters didn't kill the thread.

*EDIT 2* Ah sugarplums, I killed the thread didn't I? :/

*EDIT 3* OK how do I resuscitate the thread after giving it a heart attack?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Here lies the Nintenzone Social thread

Why must the good die young?
Gee, I knew my tastes in video game characters were pretty derided, but even I didn't know it was THAT bad!

Hang on, lemme try something to fix this.

:4samus:S:4samus:A:4samus:M:4samus:U:4samus:S:4samus: :4samus:A:4samus:R:4samus:A:4samus:N:4samus:

There, did that work?

D

Deleted member

Here lies the Nintenzone Social thread

Why must the good die young?
And it's all thanks to bomber girl clothes rip, ****ing hats, and most disturbingly, people liking Roy. SMH

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

This was as good of a time as any to check Omega Mode.

Nice punchline.

The rant got me, too.

"Or, you know, you could always run the jar under some hot water."

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just came back from drawing and playing video games with my nephews

And it looks like Cyn Cyn gifted me an account upgrade. Thank you

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I went to see doramas and now return to see the thread is ded.
RIP in pieces.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
OH ****! I HIT 10,000 POSTS!

Uh... I'd like to thank the academy, and my mom, and cute anime girls. They got me through tough, lonely nights.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
OH ****! I HIT 10,000 POSTS!

Uh... I'd like to thank the academy, and my mom, and cute anime girls. They got me through tough, lonely nights.
While you're celebrating your 10,000 posts, I am sitting at my measly 1,160 (now 1,161 posts). I have to question if having this many posts despite being around for about well over a year and a half is normal at all. :p

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I just realized that one of the biggest internal conflicts in my country now is about the quesadillas require cheese or not. (hint: yes they need cheese).

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I just realized that one of the biggest internal conflicts in my country now is about the quesadillas require cheese or not. (hint: yes they need cheese).
What is a quesadilla without cheese?

Crap.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Wait why is this a debate? Queso is literally part of the word "quesadilla".

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Playing more Corruption! Exploring this amazing area!
Reading the lore for this area, first off it's quite ingenius to have little drones fly about that store the data for the lore...second it's another great way to tell us about the Chozo and their history and how they literally created a new race being the Elysians after colonizing the planet...Skytown is a pretty good showcase of how advanced Chozo tech is...and it's fascinating seeing so many little repair drones still active throughout the floating city, which shows longevity...
It was sad reading some of the lore though since it speaks of the Elysians in hibernation, but were still fed data and knowledge through their dreams, and they helplessly learned of the fate of their creators, the Chozo, who had colonized Tallon IV due to the events that lead up to the first game, while still in hibernation...

Moving on, I took on Ghor...Of the three hunters Ghor is my least favourite, as well as his theme being the weakest imo (still not that bad though) HOWEVER...He is very much underrated in this game...
Bonus points to him for being the only thing in Metroid history that managed to track down Samus's gunship and attack it...upon discovering him in the act he LITERALLY PICKS UP HER SHIP AND THROWS IT AT HER!!!
Then you acquire the Plasma Beam when you defeat him!!!

One other thing about this game I can appreciate is how it pushes Samus as a character...we get an idea of her thoughts and emotions through subtle but effective body language...a clenched fist after helplessly witnessing her friend get killed tells a much bigger story than a dry emotionless monologue...this is how you build character...

And finally ZIPLINING AND BOT BOWLING!!!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know why quesadillas are not named quesatillas, like a combination of queso (cheese in spanish) and tortilla.
Quesadilla sounds like a combination of queso and pesadilla (nightmare in spanish).
Cheese nightmare aaaaah... why am I still awake?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Because people in capital city think anything folded in a tortilla can be a quesadilla as long it is served hot.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Because people in capital city think anything folded in a tortilla can be a quesadilla as long it is served hot.
Well if that's the case, I got some quesadillas sin queso coming right up.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I don't know why quesadillas are not named quesatillas, like a combination of queso (cheese in spanish) and tortilla.
Quesadilla sounds like a combination of queso and pesadilla (nightmare in spanish).
Cheese nightmare aaaaah... why am I still awake?
The term quesadilla comes from another term; Quesada
Quesada is any type of dish that uses cheese as its main ingredient.
"-illa" is used for diminutives.

So: Quesada + illa

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I think I'm definitely having Mexican food for lunch tomorrow...

Not quite sure where this craving came from :p

D

Deleted member

I'll take a cheese burger, hold the patty please.
Just the bread and the cheese.
I'll take a cheeseburger, hold the cheese.

:awesome:

EDIT:
No but seriously, I'll take a double triple bossy deluxe, on a raft, four by four animal style, extra shingles with a shimmy and a squeeze, light axle grease, make it cry, burn it, and let it swim.

Last edited by a moderator:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
I'll take a cheese burger, hold the patty please.
Just the bread and the cheese.
Order #5 coming up ma'am.

That actually reminds me of a story of my older bro had from his days working at Subway. A customer wanted just the bread. No sandwich. While that's not normally possible, a loophole was found. A veggie sub with no veggies. :denzel:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The newest episode of the Pokemon Sun and Moon anime was awesome!

Turns out the egg Lillie had was an Alola Vulpix (no surprise because it was leaked in the first poster for the anime), which Lillie names it "Shiron," and the egg Samson Oak was given hatched into the normal Vulpix. I liked how the episode presented the two different personalities of the two Vulpix by showing how they reacted to Ash touching them: the normal Vulpix was content as Ash petted it, while the Alola Vulpix used Powder Snow as Ash was about to pet it.

What really made this episode great was Lillie. She develops yet again as a character! In the last Lillie-centered episode, Lillie took her first steps in overcoming her fear of touching Pokemon by hugging the egg. In this episode, she hugs the Alola Vulpix, demonstrating her next step in character development as she can touch a Pokemon without becoming afraid. Heck, she even develops a really strong bond with the Pokemon the moment it hatched, going as far as taking it to a Malasada shop and letting it pick the Malasada it wants to eat.

But the real highlight... Lillie became a Pokemon Trainer in this episode! I'm not kidding about that. She was given a Pokeball for the Vulpix, and she threw it!

I laughed when the Pokeball ended up landing on Ash's head (the Vulpix ends up walking up to the ball, touches it, and willingly gets caught)! It was nice to see she tried. The pose she makes right before throwing it even reminded me of her personal Z-move from the games for some reason, and her reaction to catching the Vulpix was pretty cute.

But it gets better than that! Team Rocket chases after for her Vulpix later in the episode. As Lillie runs away, she actually commands the Alola Vulpix to use Powder Snow so that Team Rocket would constantly slip on the ground, giving Lillie and Vulpix enough time to outrun them. When they are finally cornered, Lillie order the Vulpix to use Powder Snow to stop James's Mareanie Sludge Bomb. Another Sludge Bomb sent Alola Vulpix flying, causing Lillie to jump after it, catching it, and then getting saved by Ash's Rowlet just before landing. When Pikachu was about to fight Mimikyu, Vulpix steps in and expresses interest in fighting again. Lillie commands it to use Powder Snow on Team Rocket, freezing the group with Bewear arriving to take them a few seconds later.

She still struggles with touching other Pokemon that aren't Vulpix, but the it's really nice to see how she is overcoming her fear bit by bit. Not only that, but I've noticed one of the most common criticisms against Lillie in the games is that she never fights like a Pokemon Trainer during the story. Well, looks like this episode was the writers' way of answering those critics.

Team Rocket also had some great moments too. Earlier in the episode, James, Meowth, and Wobbufet notice Jessie brought an extra bag of Malasadas, but she tells them its a secret. Later in the episode, its revealed that she bought those Malasadas for the Bewear as a gift. Bewear hugs Jessie out of joy...

...a painful hug to say the least.

It's also revealed that Jessie's Mimikyu has zero interest in fighting Pokemon battles unless it faces Ash's Pikachu, and when it eats food, it simply hops over it and munches it using the bottom portion of its body (or perhaps its using feet? Seriously, what is the true form of this Pokemon?).

A really great episode overall! I would highly recommend watching it if you want to see Lillie as a Pokemon Trainer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom