• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man, you're terrible at this "capitalism" thing.
And I don't mean that as an insult.

For further reference

I don't understand the marks in the pics though, Italy's and Denmark's would obviously work with plugs that also work in the rest of Europe so I dunno what they could signify.
From this we can deduce that Europe's plug ins(which was also used here in Brazil, though an European plug works perfectly here) are user-friendly, Denmark's IS a friend, NA's is terrified and Switzerland has some alien abomination.

Eh it is what it is.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
in other news validar confirmed as npc villain in warriors
http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-...s-skills-system-emblem-shop-new-history-mode/
pic is big so in it goes

Interesting, that sounds like a pretty fun idea for a new mode. There's a lot of unique scenarios and conditions you can draw from the original games to play around with and make each and every battle interesting and fun such as adding turn limits or weapon restrictions like with Gharnef's Imhullu, and if you add unique NPC enemies from the games on top of that it'll make it more appealing. I look forward to seeing more about the mode because it could be a pretty good successor to Hyrule Warrior's Adventure Mode.

As for Validar, he seems to just be an NPC so I can't say too much on him, I'm more curious about who else will get the treatment as there are a number of notable villains to draw from like Aversa and Walhart.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Dear Nintendo,

please take away our drawing privlages in Splatoon 2

Love, person that doesnt care and wants to just play
If you just want it all gone, you can go into the options and disable it on your system.

Go into Other and turn Post Display off. I don't think they'll go instantaneously but probably the next time it loads the plaza.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If you just want it all gone, you can go into the options and disable it on your system.

Go into Other and turn Post Display off. I don't think they'll go instantaneously but probably the next time it loads the plaza.
Naww I like seeing posts in the plaza, the good ones at least. Ive seen some good pictures on there and just today I saw a bibs burgers picture, thats why I keep posts on

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
:glare: Oh brother... Not again.
TBH I thought it finally chilled out, then someone stirred the pot again and now it's going harder than ever.

I'll do my part to stave it off.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Google is celebrating the 83rd birthday of Eduard Khil (Trololo Guy)

Totally forgot about that meme.

For further reference

I don't understand the marks in the pics though, Italy's and Denmark's would obviously work with plugs that also work in the rest of Europe so I dunno what they could signify.
From this we can deduce that Europe's plug ins(which was also used here in Brazil, though an European plug works perfectly here) are user-friendly, Denmark's IS a friend, NA's is terrified and Switzerland has some alien abomination.

Denmark is so cute.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Well, it's almost professional football season again, and boy am I excited to see what the Vikings will do this year. I hope they don't run into a disaster like they did in the middle of last year.

Obviously it's imperative that Tom Brady and the Deflatriots are kept out of the Super Bowl, but just as long as those dastardly Cowboys are also kept out, this is going to be a great season!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

For further reference

WTF is up with Switzerland

Do you have to solve a puzzle every time you plug something in?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Showerthought: Why the 12,000 point bonus in Melee awarded for not attacking is called "Switzerland"?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I forgot to mention- I beat Halo 3 on Legendary and moved onto Halo 4.

Halo 3 and 4's Legendary modes are fairly easy. Especially 4, 4 feels like a holier then thou Heroic difficulty.

D

Deleted member

Showerthought: Why the 12,000 point bonus in Melee awarded for not attacking is called "Switzerland"?
Because Switzerland is a neutral country and probably the most famous for it.
It wins by watching everyone else kill themselves

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
WTF is up with Switzerland

Do you have to solve a puzzle every time you plug something in?
To answer your question:

It's kinda of complicate to plug something when you have alot of cable to put on the same plug. But beside if your cable are really big, it's really not that hard. Plus, we have more simple plug at worst, so it's really not a big of a deal.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Switzerland was a neutral country during some conflicts IIRC.
That's actually right. They're one of few European nations who wanted nothing to do with the conflict of World War I following the assassination of Franz Ferdinand.

They never even chose a side for WWII either.

:037:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also don't know why that chart has ungrounded plugs in that style only for Japan when most of the plugs that I've seen are ungrounded. We have both. I wonder if Japan only has ungrounded

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Because Switzerland is a neutral country and probably the most famous for it.
It wins by watching everyone else kill themselves

Basically this.
So, Switzerland is basically :4luigi:
Even more this.
That's actually right. They're one of few European nations who wanted nothing to do with the conflict of World War I following the assassination of Franz Ferdinand.

They never even chose a side for WWII either.
And even more of this.

I guess that's why Luigi suck in 64, he didn't fight during WWII.:troll: Though, what does that mean afterward?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To answer your question:

It's kinda of complicate to plug something when you have alot of cable to put on the same plug. But beside if your cable are really big, it's really not that hard. Plus, we have more simple plug at worst, so it's really not a big of a deal.

Oh I see it's not that weird

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People are saying the reason Buu was taken out of the tournament is because he'd be OP

Recover from almost any damage and has the ability to heal allies

There hasn't been anyone in the tournament so far with the ability to heal others, which I find really weird.

You'd think at least one universe would bring a healer. I always have a healer when I play an RPG

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hey, if you guys actually see my posts in any of your Squares, let me know, alright?

I wanna see if any of my trashposting has actually infected the system or not, LOL.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
To add to the plug socket discussion, we also have a different voltage system in Europe, compared to North America. Over here plug sockets are usually 210~230 V output, compared to NA's 110 V output. So if you plug something designed only for 110 V input straight into a European plug socket, you'll just fry it (literally; it would be a fire risk), and you'll need a stepdown converter for it to work properly here. The reverse situation (plugging an EU appliance into a NA socket) will result in the appliance simply not getting enough power to run properly, in which case you need a stepup converter (but at least it probably won't go on fire).

That said, most modern electronics are designed to accept both inputs, so you can just buy a bog-standard adapter and it should work fine. But of course it's still worth checking these things out just to be sure; one example of something that won't work in both regions is the Wii U (not that many people will be travelling with that thing anyway), but the Switch should work fine. If you check the plug or power brick, it should say something like "Input: 110-240 V", which would mean it will work fine in both regions; if it only says 110 or 240 V input, however, it will probably not work without the proper adapter.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There's a huge and nasty dead bug sitting on a shelf in my house almost wide open. I'm not telling my parents for a reaction.

They haven't noticed yet and it's been about 2 weeks now.

IronTed

Smash Ace
If I told you 3 months ago you'd be playing a Mario game with a Splinter Cell reference, you'd have (rightly) called me delusional. How the times have changed

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
There is...

A Sam Fisher from Splinter Cell...

Grenaduck...

In Mario + Rabbids...

What even the hell IS this game?
xD Oh my God, that's so cute! I wonder if they could do something related to the Prince or something AC (Ezio for sure...). xD I feel like in a far future making a custom rubber ducky that looks like that Sam Fisher Grenaduck.

D

Deleted member

To add to the plug socket discussion, we also have a different voltage system in Europe, compared to North America. Over here plug sockets are usually 210~230 V output, compared to NA's 110 V output. So if you plug something designed only for 110 V input straight into a European plug socket, you'll just fry it (literally; it would be a fire risk), and you'll need a stepdown converter for it to work properly here. The reverse situation (plugging an EU appliance into a NA socket) will result in the appliance simply not getting enough power to run properly, in which case you need a stepup converter (but at least it probably won't go on fire).

That said, most modern electronics are designed to accept both inputs, so you can just buy a bog-standard adapter and it should work fine. But of course it's still worth checking these things out just to be sure; one example of something that won't work in both regions is the Wii U (not that many people will be travelling with that thing anyway), but the Switch should work fine. If you check the plug or power brick, it should say something like "Input: 110-240 V", which would mean it will work fine in both regions; if it only says 110 or 240 V input, however, it will probably not work without the proper adapter.
Here in Brazil, it is either 110 V or 220 V, but the placement is basically random since there's no clear pattern to it(two states in the South region use 110 V while the other, who is located between those two, uses 220 V and it's not the only example)
Update:
Sony are fixing the issue and licenses are being revoked.

RIP free Knack 2

I mean, they can't just give out the best game of the current generation for free like this.

Chrono.

That user score for Knack 2 though.

The power of Neo GAF memes.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I wonder how long before dunkey makes a Knack 2 video
Honestly if there's one thing I've been getting tired of looking for good Splatoon 2 images on Twitter other than the back and forth the current discourse has turned into, it's the Knack 2 meme. There's one in my Square but there's just so many more floating around on Twitter and none of them actually have much thought put into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom