• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've only recently noticed that I've put over 2,500 hours into playing Team Fortress 2.

....starting to think I should start playing this game a little less.....

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
FTFY

Gamers are the worst people
The really sad part is that this isn't even scratching the surface of the bitterness out there, be it for GameFAQs, Sonic related content, or gaming in general. The things I've seen out there are so toxic this is barely even worth more than a shrug by comparison. This is spiteful, but it's not likely to get worse than the several people across the web wishing death on Iwata over E3 2015.

Ivander

Smash Legend
This is spiteful, but it's not likely to get worse than the several people across the web wishing death on Iwata over E3 2015.
Gamers(and people in general) wishing death upon people is certainly nothing new. It's a disgusting attitude that needs to change. But the reason it was so impactful with Iwata was the fact that he actually did die a few months. When it actually happened, alot of those who did wish death upon him immediately took it back and felt genuinely sorry and horrible for saying such things.
It really goes to show that people really need to develop a backbone, know that everything is not going to go the way they want and that there are consequences to what you do and say. I'm not saying they have to accept everything given to them, but they certainly can show their disapproval in a more civil or even a more insightful way than just wishing death upon somebody not doing or showing what you wanted.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Darn. I can't see my new Avatar in posts.

EDIT: Well, now it's working.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But in an unfortunate reality, most people go for invisible because Marina is more popular...
That'll probably be popularity only, as was with the last Splatfest.

Some say this could be just early manufacture defect since most people who had this problem were the early adopters.
I never had use the dock to this day, and there wasn't any significant bend on my Switch. And in my opinion some bends are really hard to tell, grab items that may seem flat like books, tissue boxes doesn't count. The one who use the water balance ruler looks convincing though. Those who are familiar with plastic on the other hand said that the heat of the Switch isn't enough to melt the plastic. So the most feasible way to make the Switch warp/bend could also be by force.
Speaking of that, kind of odd the the Know's thumbnail is actually JerrryRigEverything doing the Switch bend test.
Switch is actually very sturdy, but if you watch his bend test video, Switch can be bend, but it wouldn't break.
I see. What if the reason they are bent is because that's one of the various durability tests they do with each product being manufactured?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I kept watching, and yeah, the video got much better.

It's a decent video, but man that first 7 minutes was painful.
I told you, the actual review is good. But the rest...not so much.

If it make you better though, he posted this.
Screen Shot 08-19-17 at 09.43 AM.PNG

'Don't know if it's too late, but atleast it's there.

Beside that, does anyone had problem with Smashboard?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Also, Trigger has expressed interest in making a second season so this means I won't have to cry every night because it's over.
Yes... But since Trigger don't tend to do a second season. At least one OVA episode would be great.
To be honest...

I think Overwatch is getting there real fast.
Let's hope it never will.
That'll probably be popularity only, as was with the last Splatfest.
With the two Splstfests shows that popularity only matters 1/3 of the point. They do have to fix the match making nonetheless.
I see. What if the reason they are bent is because that's one of the various durability tests they do with each product being manufactured?
Or some probably accidentally bend the Switch a bit while they are playing... Just my lame guess.
And there's no way the Switch will be warped into a C shape... That's literally impossible.

Also probably no one cares that my laptop recently got damaged and had to be fixed, recent news is that they have to switch the drive so my laptop will be restored to it default settings, so my laptop will be back to Windows 8.1,anyway to upgrade it to 10 again if I had upgrade it for free before?

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Who knew that drawing the same **** over and over and over again would help me to improve? :V

But seriously, seeing the progress of my doodles feels gud, man.

I can draw hair now. Time to learn how to draw hands.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Who knew that drawing the same **** over and over and over again would help me to improve? :V

But seriously, seeing the progress of my doodles feels gud, man.

I can draw hair now. Time to learn how to draw hands.
Post like this make me happier for some reason. It make me remember when my drawning were **** and now they are alot better. (granted, it's not fantastic but still, they are better)

Speaking of that, I warn you, you are going to hate drawning hands and feets. I guaranteed you it's not going to be fun at first at the very least, so, stay determinate and stay focus my friend.

D

Deleted member

Look, I'm not saying hitting kids for no reason is okay or that I condone such actions in any way, in fact, most of the time, I'd be disgusted by it, but... if Ozen isn't waifu material then I don't know what is
e0b8ae52-eecb-4658-ba57-e01eb3a7b556.jpg

I thought of the final major super hero for my comic.

Captain Cosmos.

He has the ability to control gravity and he can make like pockets in the air where there is no oxygen. I don't know what I could call that to make it easier to describe. lol
You mean vaccum pockets?
Yes... But since Trigger don't tend to do a second season. At least one OVA episode would be great.

Let's hope it never will.

With the two Splstfests shows that popularity only matters 1/3 of the point. They do have to fix the match making nonetheless.

Or some probably accidentally bend the Switch a bit while they are playing... Just my lame guess.
And there's no way the Switch will be warped into a C shape... That's literally impossible.

Also probably no one cares that my laptop recently got damaged and had to be fixed, recent news is that they have to switch the drive so my laptop will be restored to it default settings, so my laptop will be back to Windows 8.1,anyway to upgrade it to 10 again if I had upgrade it for free before?
Even if it's just an OVA, it's enough in my book.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So apparently Whitehead and the others are currently working on a patch for Mania for all the countless (harmless) bugs.

I really hope they consider patching in & Knuckles for Sonic/Tails to have all 3 mapping the Super mode to another button other than jump. Because it really conflicts with everyone's abilities. You know how many times I've intended to glide or fly or even drop dash only to go super and just kinda breaking my momentum.

I don't really care for using the super mode during regular gameplay, if only because I don't like how the music overrides the stage music (it's always been that way, doesn't make it less annoying).
There's definitely a few bugs here that I consider more than harmless, which is why they are patching it.

Most notably a few softlocks that have been discovered. I also want them to change the super transformation over to a different button, because it being mapped to the same button as everything else caused a really annoying issue for me.

In Lava Reef Act 2 with Knuckles, there is a section where you need to glide over a bottomless pit, latch onto a wall, climb up for a bit, wait for a fire hazard to stop, and then glide to and climb the opposite wall.

However, there is a trail of Rings that you will generally pass through and collect on the way over to the first wall. This kept pushing me over the 50 Ring threshold for Super Knuckles, so when I climbed the first wall and attempted to glide to the second wall, he actually transformed to Super Knuckles. And since he's not considered to be jumping after the transformation, he just falls straight into the bottomless pit below.

I died a few times this, until I managed to just not end up with as many Rings when I reached that section.

D

Deleted member

Mekakucity Actors Ep4 is literalpy the Bites the Dust arc wtf the kid even looks like Hayato
So uhhh
I mentioned watching LWA with friends yesterday. My heart was getting torn out due to Akko's magic constantly failing. ****ing rewatches...
Episode 3 was a ****ing torture when I rewatched with my girlfriend and my brother.
They were both finding the episode funny and I was just, like, "aaaAAaAAAAaAaAaaaAaAAAAAA" on the inside.
And then Ursula gave her the "flying brooms for beginners" book and I was like "YOU ***** HOW DARE YOU"

LWA is one of the few shows that can make comedic scenes make you feel ****ing useless and break your heart

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Mekakucity Actors Ep4 is literalpy the Bites the Dust arc wtf the kid even looks like Hayato

Episode 3 was a ****ing torture when I rewatched with my girlfriend and my brother.
They were both finding the episode funny and I was just, like, "aaaAAaAAAAaAaAaaaAaAAAAAA" on the inside.
And then Ursula gave her the "flying brooms for beginners" book and I was like "YOU ***** HOW DARE YOU"

LWA is one of the few shows that can make comedic scenes make you feel ****ing useless and break your heart

To be fair that wasn't meanspirited of her as insulting as it came across to the audience

D

Deleted member

To be fair that wasn't meanspirited of her as insulting as it came across to the audience
As far as Ursula knew, there was no way to recover Akko's magic, so she was feeding her empty hopes. Sure, she meant well but still.

Also, other rewatch bonuses feat. Ep14
84f53f2d-0a10-4430-9385-e3b03c2163f9.png

Flashforward later this episode
08f95be0-bd39-44b6-879b-959f3aba4187.png

Hahahaha ha ha... oh man why am I crying?

And "Akko is a **** to Diana"
b68e3d9e-4b70-40d8-bb45-d7ec5f058a01.png

This must have really hit her in the wrong place

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Look, I'm not saying hitting kids for no reason is okay or that I condone such actions in any way, in fact, most of the time, I'd be disgusted by it, but... if Ozen isn't waifu material then I don't know what is
She is not in my opinion...But that doesn't mean I don't like her.
And I really really praise the anime nail it when it comes to her spooky expression. (no, no that one above, the other one) my favorite part when it comes to her character has to be her voice, it is perfect.
At beginning of the anime where we get to see the white whistles, we'll... I kind of bumped to see the first one since... A bit of forecast Riko, Reg, and another awesome character will get to face off with that dude. And I hate him. Just that I have to say this again... If you just think Made In Abyss is dark already, well then you have seen nothing yet.
Did you remember
I already knew Reg and Riko won't get killed because well... I already read the Manga... But I kind of guess that it was all just eventually a test... A bit.
And when founding out Riko was actually dead at first and come back to life after getting inside that cube doesn't actually scares me.
My reaction when Ozen tells Riko "I despise you." when reading the manga

And then I went with Etika shout:"SHE'S BBBAAAADDDD!!!!!!!" (Good luck on finding where dif this quote comes from)
And just like the Manga we later have a flash back where we confirm that Ozen was also Riko 's mom, Lyza' s mentor. Sadly the anime did show more where later...in the manga we also see how Lyza is indeed an alcoholic (or at least a heavy drinker), we also get to see Lyza bringing a boy and told Ozen that she's getting married. (I just love Ozen's expression in that panel by the way). But also get to see how Ozen got hurt and Lyza protect her, and then later vice versa. Perhaps we'll get to see the later flashbacks in the next episode.
And what made my eye shine is at the last part of the Manga we also see Lyza in a high quality artwork.
IMG_20170819_202749.jpg

This is why I don't think Ozen is waifu material, Lyza is, for now. And man Lyza really reminds me of Gon's dad Gin quite a bit

D

Deleted member

She is not in my opinion...But that doesn't mean I don't like her.
And I really really praise the anime nail it when it comes to her spooky expression. (no, no that one above, the other one) my favorite part when it comes to her character has to be her voice, it is perfect.
At beginning of the anime where we get to see the white whistles, we'll... I kind of bumped to see the first one since... A bit of forecast Riko, Reg, and another awesome character will get to face off with that dude. And I hate him. Just that I have to say this again... If you just think Made In Abyss is dark already, well then you have seen nothing yet.
Did you remember
I already knew Reg and Riko won't get killed because well... I already read the Manga... But I kind of guess that it was all just eventually a test... A bit.
And when founding out Riko was actually dead at first and come back to life after getting inside that cube doesn't actually scares me.
My reaction when Ozen tells Riko "I despise you." when reading the manga

And then I went with Etika shout:"SHE'S BBBAAAADDDD!!!!!!!" (Good luck on finding where dif this quote comes from)
And just like the Manga we later have a flash back where we confirm that Ozen was also Riko 's mom, Lyza' s mentor. Sadly the anime did show more where later...in the manga we also see how Lyza is indeed an alcoholic (or at least a heavy drinker), we also get to see Lyza bringing a boy and told Ozen that she's getting married. (I just love Ozen's expression in that panel by the way). But also get to see how Ozen got hurt and Lyza protect her, and then later vice versa. Perhaps we'll get to see the later flashbacks in the next episode.
And what made my eye shine is at the last part of the Manga we also see Lyza in a high quality artwork. View attachment 132225
This is why I don't think Ozen is waifu material, Lyza is, for now. And man Lyza really reminds me of Gon's dad Gin quite a bit
Ozen's design, voice and overall presence are just amazing. Her creepy expression was just perfect and really conveyed what it was supposed to be.
I chose that pic though, because smiles are pure and show the best in characters with them. Ozen smiling shows she really did care for Lyza
And yeah, I recognized the helmet dude from the OP, everyone seems to call him "best dad" for some reason but I'll leave that to find out by myself.

I don't get why Ozen despises Riko though, does she blame her for losing the Relic or is it related to Ozen somehow blaming Riko for Lyza's disappearence? Also, that panel does put a smile in my face, I hope Ozen eventually tells Riko what Lyza wanted her to know.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Ozen's design, voice and overall presence are just amazing. Her creepy expression was just perfect and really conveyed what it was supposed to be.
I chose that pic though, because smiles are pure and show the best in characters with them. Ozen smiling shows she really did care for Lyza
And yeah, I recognized the helmet dude from the OP, everyone seems to call him "best dad" for some reason but I'll leave that to find out by myself.

I don't get why Ozen despises Riko though, does she blame her for losing the Relic or is it related to Ozen somehow blaming Riko for Lyza's disappearence? Also, that panel does put a smile in my face, I hope Ozen eventually tells Riko what Lyza wanted her to know.

you may also notice the bunny like character too. She is going to be an awesome character.
Also about that dude, sorry to spoil it but... He is not, okay, he is a good "dad" at first... But you will later find out why I hate him.
And like I said it was all just a test, and Ozen does have a crooked personality. White whistles tend to have this problem I guess... I am more curious on Lyza's condition though, because right now Riko and Reg have reached to the six layer and my reaction was "what the hell is this place?"

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
View attachment 132220

You mean vaccum pockets?

Even if it's just an OVA, it's enough in my book.

Why didn't I think of this? lol Thanks~

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I told my sister how I have no talents as i. I cant draw for **** and I cant sing for **** and she said My cordination, as in my ablility to play these video games I play, is a a talent and I have to ask everyone. Is she bull****ting me?

I think she is just lyin to me to help me feel better. What do you all consider a talent?

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I told my sister how I have no talents as i. I cant draw for **** and I cant sing for **** and she said My cordination, as in my ablility to play these video games I play, is a a talent and I have to ask everyone. Is she bull****ting me?

I think she is just lyin to me to help me feel better. What do you all consider a talent?
I think it's a talent. You basically have to do 2 things at once.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Rewatching a Nintendo E3 Treehouse gameplay of Mario+ Rabbids. I saw that one of the weapons in the game is called "Life's a Beech"

Nintendo sure has given Ubisoft a lot a freedom on this game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just started watching GameXplain's 1-hour long Sonic Mania discussion and André literally, unironically pronounces Sonic as "Snoc". And I can't stop laughing about this.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
According to the Dragon Ball Super manga, Goku was neither present for Goten NOR GOHAN'S birth. Weird

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
According to the Dragon Ball Super manga, Goku was neither present for Goten NOR GOHAN'S birth. Weird
it says a lot when a person with a short fuse calls you a **** father

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
**** man of course Innes is the only one I got. I ****ing wanted Tana but nooooooo 15 Odin's and 12 Est's... 8 Sully's, 5 Catria's and a Mathilda.

****ing thanks.

D

Deleted member

Tbh, I think coordination to play videogames is something we, players, take for granted.
I mean, it's something we learn from a very young age most of the time, so for us, it's nothing extraordinary, but if you look at people who don't play games regularly, you'll see it's almost impossible for them to play.
I still remember how I tried to make my parents play with me when I was younger, they had to look at the controller to know which button they were pressing, and even then, they could barely get the basic "hold Y to run and then jump with B", for them, this was effectivelly multi-tasking while blindfolded.
The way around this is that we memorise button placement with our fingers as the reference point. It's how people can type out so fast without even looking at the keyboard.

Then comes coordination, my brother hated playing FPS games because he didn't know how to move the camera and move his character at the same time(this actually applied to any use of the right analog but FPSs are the ones that required camera movement the most). Again, for us, it's something simple now but it's actuaply confusing for those who aren't used to it. In some games, you'll have at least 4 different fingers moving at the same time doing different tasks at any given moment, it's not something easy without practice.

So yeah, I'd say it is a talent, even today, when I play near someone who doesn't know anything on how to play games, they find it amazing to see someone play, because to them, this isn't something they'd ever be able to do, even though all I'm doing is playing a simple Musou game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
God damn, GameXplain just brought up a huge missed opportunity for Sonic Mania and now I really wished it happened.

Multiplayer Special Stages, like in Sonic 2.

Imagine if Mania's Special Stages were in the Competition Mode. They'd be PERFECT for some competitive action.

-------------

Also, on video games playing being a talent:

It absolutely is both a talent and a skill. You can be naturally good at them, and you can hone your skills even when you aren't.

I'm naturally good at platformers and RPGs IMO, sometimes action games and fighting games too, but I'm not great at shooters. However, I've still played through quite a few challenging shooter experiences (like all of the Uncharted games on the hardest difficulty on the first playthrough) since I was able to learn the mechanics well enough to get good, through trial and error.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I've set myself up a bit of a challenge until I get Undertale PS4.

I have beaten every Halo game in existence. To be specific- I've beaten Halo 1-5, Reach, and ODST. I no longer have ODST or Reach, but I have the MCC and 5.

My challenge is to beat every one on the highest difficulty in chronological order. I've already done this on Halo 2, but I'm gonna do that one again.

I'm going to be salty, pissy, steamy... But it should be pretty fun.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
God damn, GameXplain just brought up a huge missed opportunity for Sonic Mania and now I really wished it happened.

Multiplayer Special Stages, like in Sonic 2.

Imagine if Mania's Special Stages were in the Competition Mode. They'd be PERFECT for some competitive action.
You know what I would have liked to hear in GameXplain latest video? Sonic Advance.

Granted, I don't know if any of them have played any of the Advance trilogy. But it always make me a little sad when fan of 2D Sonic always forget those games. I won't say they were better than the classic trilogy, or even perfect but they had some cool stuff in them (Like those beautiful animated sprites. And the ability to play as Amy and Cream), that could make a possible Sonic Mania 2 even better.

Though, note that, I only played the third one when I was young. And I remember some...questionable level design here and there, but hey, 2D Sonic tend to have "That One Level" here and there. Which Sonic Mania seemingly avoid for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom