• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

OH YEAH, I've been watching the A Sioent Voice movie(didn't really have time to watch it all at once so I've been watching it in parts).
I love/hate how close to home this movie hits me. It's also beautiful.

Do not watch it though, unless you want your heart crushed
@Swampasaur
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
You two can watch it, your hearts were already crushed by the manga
Actually, everyone should watch this beautiful movie, there are important life lessons in there and it's not like any of you have a heart anyways
Here, try mine
Your avi didn't load for me so all I saw was a broken pic and now think this post is 100% better thanks to internet connection issues

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I really really really want Slime Rancher on Switch
Actually, everyone should watch this beautiful movie, there are important life lessons in there and it's not like any of you have a heart anyways
you're right, I dont have a heart because I couldnt care less about the movie just like that "you're name" movie my gf made me watch that just turned out "ok"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
There was a live stream about Dissidia NT and they announced Jecht.

Was hoping for them to announce when the closed beta was happening but no word on that yet.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Slime Rauncher on Switch? Nah.....That's about as likely as Half-Life 2 on the Switch..........
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And no, I wasn't finding an excuse to post this. Whatcha talkin' about?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Slime Rauncher on Switch? Nah.....That's about as likely as Half-Life 2 on the Switch..........
Jesus this got me going for a moment.

D

Deleted member

you're right, I dont have a heart because I couldnt care less about the movie just like that "you're name" movie my gf made me watch that just turned out "ok"
*Your Name
And it's beautiful, and sad, but most importantly beautiful, you heartless monster!

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
No you're just a nerd. I was talkin' 'bout praline praline .

He's a nerd too but he can be rood sometimes. >;T
I can be red?

I'm more of a leg and thigh person myself.
Me too.

*currently playing Arms as we speak*
Splatoon 2 kind of took some of Arms' hype, though there's an update for Arms coming soon, which may include a new character as well as new Arms...

----

In other news, What's with all these hyper-aggressive Twintelles on Ranked right now? I'm stoning them cuz they're extremely easy to counter...
Honestly Splatoon took all the hype for me... maybe its just cause i think fighting games are dumb.

Someone has to if it was brought up, so for their sake they should be allowed to enjoy it.

. . .

Oh hey, Ammo Knights is a sponsor at Starfish Mainstage. That means their logo is also (really tiny) on all of the Band Tees.
That won't stop me from saying anything.

Flubber is in it so yeah.
Helix is my least favourite character in the game. He's gross.

I still care about it - just yesterday I played it with a friend who came over and he seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.
However, I will admit that since Splatoon's launch and all the hype behind it, ARMS has fallen a little to the side as a result. Still, provided they keep the game updated and maintain a stable player base, then hopefully more people will come back or get a copy of the game for themselves.

If Nintendo does go through with more characters and more content, then yes, I'll still care about ARMS.
Well fair enough I guess. I really only play it with my brother when he comes over and the addition of new characters is the only thing I like about it. Maybe they should have made a less convoluted way of getting arms honestly.

That's nice.

Your opinion isn't everyone else's
When did I say it was? ;)

I have a deep deep DEEP hatred for Helix after fighting him online on the testpunch

Quit running the clock you [redacted]s
See this? This is why I love you. We are so like minded in things. It's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I can be red?

Me too.

Honestly Splatoon took all the hype for me... maybe its just cause i think fighting games are dumb.

That won't stop me from saying anything.

Helix is my least favourite character in the game. He's gross.

Well fair enough I guess. I really only play it with my brother when he comes over and the addition of new characters is the only thing I like about it. Maybe they should have made a less convoluted way of getting arms honestly.

When did I say it was? ;)
Thinks fighting games are dumb....

says this on a website dedicated to a fighting game...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Thinks fighting games are dumb....

says this on a website dedicated to a fighting game...
Pfff I barely would call Smash Bros a fighting game...

Also it barely holds my interest anymore. I buy it cause you can't not have it if you own a Nintendo console.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wanna see RCT2 damnit

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pfff I barely would call Smash Bros a fighting game...

Also it barely holds my interest anymore. I buy it cause you can't not have it if you own a Nintendo console.
Why is Smash not a fighting game? Because it doesn't have long complicated inputs?

A game where two or more characters beat the snot out of eachother as the primary objective is a fighting game...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Why is Smash not a fighting game? Because it doesn't have long complicated inputs?

A game where two or more characters beat the snot out of eachother as the primary objective is a fighting game...
It just doesn't feel like one. I can't explain why.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*Your Name
And it's beautiful, and sad, but most importantly beautiful, you heartless monster!

"your Name" my bad pff but yeah to me it was more blown up to be the best movie ever andnin the end I just found it alright then right after, I went to watch Kikis Delivery Service

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, imo Smash is both. Nothing stops it from being both a fighting game and a party game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Terrible article because it reads more like an overly long forum post from someone who's just been in a heated argument that they evidently couldn't handle on top of not understanding how review scores work (10/10 =/= Perfect, Destructoid's own review scale mentions that) and just generally holding an attitude of "Look at me! I'm different!"

There's a few good points in there but the writer does an awful job at articulating them on top of making plenty of bad points.

D

Deleted member

Terrible article because it reads more like an overly long forum post from someone who's just been in a heated argument that they evidently couldn't handle on top of not understanding how review scores work (10/10 =/= Perfect, Destructoid's own review scale mentions that) and just generally holding an attitude of "Look at me! I'm different!"

There's a few good points in there but the writer does an awful job at articulating them on top of making plenty of bad points.

Yeah, I agree that it's poorly articulated, but I'm also glad people are coming around and accepting BotW really isn't that great. In a year with so many great games having come out, it'd be disheartening to see BotW win GotY.

I genuinely don't think it's the right direction for the series, and it's not cause it's Open World, but rather because it totally scrapped what made Zelda Zelda.

The title alone is pretty damn clickbaity so I'm not bothered.
Even IF D-Toid reported on Bunny Artillery (Thanks Zeb)

Oh, and your Jump star remake idea. Just cut everyone and make a MHA fighting game
MHA fighting game would be boss. I'd probably main Todoroki right off the bat as I really like how his powers work.

I mean, imo Smash is both. Nothing stops it from being both a fighting game and a party game.
I wanna add to this.

Smash is a Fighting game. It's a platform fighter to be more precise. However it's not designed competitively, it's designed for 4 player FFA, even if you can play it competitively.

I wouldn't personally call "Party Game" a genre, it's more of a classification. Mario Kart is a party game, but it's also a Kart Racer. Mario Party is a Board Game Game, and a Minigame Collection.

So, it's correct to call Smash a party game, as it's designed for that, but that's not really its genre. It's a platform fighter.

That's how I view it at least.

D

Deleted member

BotW isn't overrated, it's pretty much the best Zelda game tbh.
The article seems to only have complaints about the story, which from what I've played has been pretty good for an open-world game. Gameplay-wise, it's incredible and really feels like what Zelda 1 wanted to be.
The fact I can just explore the world without doing any main quests and not get bored is a perfect sign they did an open-world right.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I'm torn on BotW. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't want to see it replace the more focused earlier entries (especially dungeon-wise). It almost certainly will though: it's similar to the Batman Arkham series where you can't justify reducing the scale and the series suffers for it as a result. Whatever Metroid Prime 4 is, I hope it's not a conventional open world.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Zeta is one of my favourite forms for the Metroid alongside the Omega...The Zeta's I compared to the likes of Raptors in physiology, which MSR appears to do fairly well...whereas Omegas are more like a T-Rex being large and bulky in comparison...

Can't wait to see how the Omega and the Queen turns out in MSR...man I need this game yesterday!
That's a fair point on the Zetas, I guess I was being a bit harsh there.

And I'm also looking forward to seeing what they do with the Omega and Queen Metroids. All three of the currently revealed forms have benefitted from the update, so I'm very curious to see how they'll advance the T-Rex concept for the Omegas and the Queen's design in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom