• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I see...
Well, there was one where where we Mayo won with a huge margin, and we all use Aerospray.

It happens to me often as well.
I had a game like that once where I had to fight 4 Aerosprays and we almost won... and yes, I was on Team Ketchup in case anyone was wondering.

21 Super Sea Snails for my efforts to become a Ketchup King is no laughing matter. :p

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You know, one detail about Duskroc (that I'm sure is obvious) that I haven't seen mentioned, or missed, is that its design is the, "middle", of Midday to Midnight, hence Dusk. Its color is in between and its developing Midnight's mohawk.

If there's to be another Lycanroc form, I would assume it would follow a similar pattern, instead being the middle of Midnight to Midday- Dawn. So possibly an orange Midnight losing its Mohawk.

Its almost too good for even GF to miss. I really hope this has been implemented. It'd be a great reference to the change of day to night and the general idea of lycanthropy.

Pretty awesome overall.

D

Deleted member

I leave for one day and come back to Dusk Lycanroc... I mean, it looks okay on its own, but it's literally just a recolor of Midday with a slightly different fur collar.
I hope we get a "Dawn" version that steers towards Midnight more, that'd be cool.

Also, I am happy to announce Waifu Wars are, for once and for all, finally over because there's no reason to fight over who best girl is when the objective best is right here
Screenshot_2017-08-06-16-52-14.png

THICC

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was showing db super to my nephews but then their mother said it was too mature for them. Meh, it's got no blood unlike the db I watched

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I leave for one day and come back to Dusk Lycanroc... I mean, it looks okay on its own, but it's literally just a recolor of Midday with a slightly different fur collar.
If its for the reason I mentioned above, it makes sense. The collar is growing into Midnight's, and its fur color too.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Suppose Arc System Works is tasked with making a successor to:

but for PS4, Xbone, and PC, and actually built for competitive play. A 2.5D competitive platform fighter (the Smash-killer), with the visual style of DBFZ.

Who makes the cut?

Let's assume a roster of 28 characters.

My picks:
  1. Goku
  2. Beerus
  3. Vegeta
  4. Caulifla
  5. Arale
  6. Luffy
  7. Zoro
  8. Boa Hancock
  9. Akainu
  10. Naruto
  11. Boruto
  12. Madara
  13. Ichigo
  14. Renji
  15. Yhwach
  16. Yusuke
  17. Hiei
  18. Younger Toguro
  19. Kenshin
  20. Jonathan
  21. Dio Brando
  22. Jotaro
  23. Kankichi
  24. Chitoge
  25. Gon
  26. Izuku
  27. Korosensei
  28. Kenshiro
Partly inspired by J-Stars Victory Vs.

D

Deleted member

My Hero Academia fighting game when?
I'd take a 3D Naruto Storm-like by Namco tbh

....wat is this?

Where is this even from?
20 Billion Wives aka GOAT
  • Boruto
  • Madara
Only giving my thoughts on the ones I can actually give them

Sasuke is a lock for anything Naruto-related. Madara is only relevant in the last arc and even then he gets hijacked in the most anticlimatic way possible.
And Boruto has hardly started to warrant him getting in over Sasuke.
  • Jonathan
  • Dio Brando
  • Jotaro
Needs more DIO but pretty good imo.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Been away for a while. What's new?

Beat BotW. One of the best games I've ever played. Definitely in my Top 10 games. I'm thinking maybe around the #9 spot.

ARMS and MK8 Deluxe are both pretty fun, but I'm not too good at either.

Splatoon 2 is also pretty fun, though it really just feels like a Splatoon 1+. The new maps, weapons, story, and customization are awesome and all, but mechanically it plays identically to the first. Salmon Run has to be my favorite mode.

Got DOOM for $13 on sale. Once it downloads, I'm going to start playing it.

I love Lycanroc's Midday and Midnight forms, but I'm left disappointed by the new Dusk form. My biggest complaint has to be the color. It just doesn't look appealing. At all. I can get it's appearance, since it's supposed to look like a mix between Midday and Midnight, but the color just looks bad. If it has Middnight's fur color, I think it'd look much, much better. At least between those three forms, I've got "Alpha" "Beta" and "Omega" nicknames covered for them.

May possibly be leaving for a long while within the next few months. Marine Corps stuff may or may not be going on. If I go, I'd be gone from October to January, then sparsely around from January to April. Will find out tomorrow.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Been away for a while. What's new?

Beat BotW. One of the best games I've ever played. Definitely in my Top 10 games. I'm thinking maybe around the #9 spot.

ARMS and MK8 Deluxe are both pretty fun, but I'm not too good at either.

Splatoon 2 is also pretty fun, though it really just feels like a Splatoon 1+. The new maps, weapons, story, and customization are awesome and all, but mechanically it plays identically to the first. Salmon Run has to be my favorite mode.

Got DOOM for $13 on sale. Once it downloads, I'm going to start playing it.

I love Lycanroc's Midday and Midnight forms, but I'm left disappointed by the new Dusk form. My biggest complaint has to be the color. It just doesn't look appealing. At all. I can get it's appearance, since it's supposed to look like a mix between Midday and Midnight, but the color just looks bad. If it has Middnight's fur color, I think it'd look much, much better. At least between those three forms, I've got "Alpha" "Beta" and "Omega" nicknames covered for them.

May possibly be leaving for a long while within the next few months. Marine Corps stuff may or may not be going on. If I go, I'd be gone from October to January, then sparsely around from January to April. Will find out tomorrow.
DOOM is fantastic. Best game of 2016 by far.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Suppose Arc System Works is tasked with making a successor to:

but for PS4, Xbone, and PC, and actually built for competitive play. A 2.5D competitive platform fighter (the Smash-killer), with the visual style of DBFZ.

Who makes the cut?

Let's assume a roster of 28 characters.

My picks:
28 only? Fair, but a bit harder to sqeeze a few in. I'm mostly going with what series I actually know.

- Goku(DBZ era), Vegeta(DBZ era), Gohan(Saiyan-Cell Arc, less redundant),Piccolo
- Arale
- Luffy ,Zoro, Nami(first 3 from crew)
- Naruto's Team 7(Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi)
- Kenshin
- Kinnikuman
- Yusuke, Hiei, Kurama
- Gon, Killua
- Joseph Joestar(Part 2), Jotaro(Part 3), Josuke(or Jolyne)
- Kenshiro
- Saint Seiya
- Ichigo
- Deku
- Yoh
- Gintoki

Boss characters(unplayable?): Frieza, Raoh, Cell(or Buu), Dio(Part 3), Madara, Aizen, Merurem

Save dudes like Trunks and Kuwabara for the sequel. I thought it would make sense the more popular series got around 2 to 4 fighters.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
How are you mates, hope your weekend was better than mines.

No need to repeat myself, most of you likely know what happened. And I honestly want to forget about it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I wouldn't dwell on it if I were you.

Not like we will ever see those racist morons again.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
What? Did something occured in Aussie's Discord? Or is this a personal problem?
No. This was something that happened on our trip yesterday.

Apparently, some people feel that Australians aren't welcome in this country.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
No. This was something that happened on our trip yesterday.

Apparently, some people feel that Australians aren't welcome in this country.
More like some feel that it's funny to call us "roo****ers" when it's not and never will be funny.

That **** gets my blood boiling. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
More like some feel that it's funny to call us "roo****ers" when it's not and never will be funny.

That **** gets my blood boiling. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.
Came back from walking. But hey, don't mind those clods. They are likely gone and they can't stop you from living here.

You are a citizen and nothing's saying that you aren't welcome in America.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sorry to hear that Aussie.

If it helps, you'd be loved over in my state.

That said, those people sound like butt heads.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I see. My apologies for you two for having to deal with those type of people, and to hear such a despicable story. To think discrimination would exist within those people's judgment of character.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i think its fair to say mayo only won because there were too many ketchup players and they couldnt get enough matches against the opposite team....i mean i think tis fiar to say because i still havent gotten the game yet so im 100% unbiased on a splatfest i wasnt in, besides everyone knows the true best sauce is hotsauce

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
so i think its fair to say mayo only won because there were too many ketchup players and they couldnt get enough matches against the opposite team....i mean i think tis fiar to say because i still havent gotten the game yet so im 100% unbiased on a splatfest i wasnt in, besides everyone knows the true best sauce is hotsauce

I mean with each Ketchup vs Ketchup it was a win and a loss and There where a lot of those so we literaly won some then lost some all in one go. i think thats why that one hub post said Ketchup was robbed

Also connection errors after almost every match.

Thanks for fusing my posts, my phone went nuts

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ketchup vs ketchup would still end in ketchup losing

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Pretty ketchup v ketchup and mayo v mayo matches don't count towards the final percentage...
They would literally cancel each other out anyways....

I've been getting a little bored (and admittedly frustrated) with Splatoon so I've gone back to playing Arms, actually ranked up twice today...Almost unlocked all the arms for all the fighters...

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Speaking of Splatoon 2, do any of you all think they would actually add playable octolings and would it be free or paid?

Also, when is that brella weapon coming out?
I don't think they'll ever charge anything beyond Amiibos for any Splatoon 2 content. And "no idea" would be the correct answer to both, although for the former I'm tempted to say "hahahano" after the first game's fiasco and for the latter there's so many Brella variants in the code that they have to start with at least the basic one sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Pretty ketchup v ketchup and mayo v mayo matches don't count towards the final percentage...
They would literally cancel each other out anyways....

I've been getting a little bored (and admittedly frustrated) with Splatoon so I've gone back to playing Arms, actually ranked up twice today...Almost unlocked all the arms for all the fighters...
yeaah.. same. Ive gotten pretty bored of it.see if the story was different, Id have more of a reason to keep playing the game but everything is just like Splatoon 1 and what did I do with that game? Stopped playing it because I got bored.

I hole they add some good ass stuff that will make me excited about the game again

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
yeaah.. same. Ive gotten pretty bored of it.see if the story was different, Id have more of a reason to keep playing the game but everything is just like Splatoon 1 and what did I do with that game? Stopped playing it because I got bored.

I hole they add some good *** stuff that will make me excited about the game again
Apparently all the upcoming weapons have been datamined so...

Free updates are cool and all, but honestly...I'd prefer if they were already in game and I just have to unlock them through game, modes etc...Not just the hero weapons...

I was also pretty disappointed with the story mode...mainly the ending which felt very shallow...and the final boss wasn't nearly as good as it was in the first game...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I hole they add some good *** stuff that will make me excited about the game again
Next time Salmon Run opens, crack open the Salmonid Field Guide if you haven't. Maybe not quite a STORY, per se, but there's some pretty sweet lore in there. Some of the stuff it implies is insane.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Apparently all the upcoming weapons have been datamined so...

Free updates are cool and all, but honestly...I'd prefer if they were already in game and I just have to unlock them through game, modes etc...Not just the hero weapons...

I was also pretty disappointed with the story mode...mainly the ending which felt very shallow...and the final boss wasn't nearly as good as it was in the first game...
i love the 2nds final boss, Im just irritated its juat copy and past splatoon 1s story mode.

thats why I sometimes call splatoon 1.5 sometimes
Next time Salmon Run opens, crack open the Salmonid Field Guide if you haven't. Maybe not quite a STORY, per se, but there's some pretty sweet lore in there. Some of the stuff it implies is insane.
sorry, thats not enough personaly, sure, its cool, but is it cool and entertaining enough to not make me bored of the game after a while?

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
i love the 2nds final boss, Im just irritated its juat copy and past splatoon 1s story mode.

thats why I sometimes call splatoon 1.5 sometimes
I got over it once I saw how many people were complaining. After trying to be a Sonic fan for long enough I can't actually bring myself to hate something if enough other people are complaining unless it's an extremely severe moral issue.

That and it doesn't hurt that I'm apparently the only person on the planet that actually hated the obstacle course the original boss put me through and this game's grind rails give me inner peace. For me I can cut my losses because they fixed it in my eyes, LOL.

Chrono.

So SSJ4 Gogeta came out recently in Dokkan Battle and his boss theme is pretty crazy.

We Guilty Gear now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom