• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Discord seems to be broken.

I can't access it on my computer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Watch it be dumb **** like Baby Doll Eyes or something
Maybe since it's keeping Midday's general body shape it'll retain Accelerock. That'd actually be preferable, haha.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't know what my exact feelings are for Dusk Lycanroc. I mean, it's mainly just Midday Lycanroc but with an orange palette swap and a bigger mane. I already preferred Midday Lycanroc over Midnight Lycanroc though, and the Dusk form still looks better than Midnight IMO. I'm curious to see what kind of stats will this new form get.

And Ash getting the Dusk form seems reasonable. It balances out with the other major characters and the Lycanrocs they have: Gladion has Midnight Lycanroc, while Olivia has Midday Lycanroc.

That orange color scheme also makes the nicknames "Kaden" and "Selkie" even more appropriate for the Pokemon. I mean, to me, the Midday and Dusk formes already remind me of the Kitsune/Nine-tails class in Fire Emblem Fates.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I continue to feel on the other side of the camp regarding the Lycanroc.

Midday and Midnight are easily Bottom 10 Pokémon for me. But I like Dusk way more than the previous two; love me some orange and green.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
i found the real Splatfest
I don't know what my exact feelings are for Dusk Lycanroc. I mean, it's mainly just Midday Lycanroc but with an orange palette swap and a bigger mane. I already preferred Midday Lycanroc over Midnight Lycanroc though, and the Dusk form still looks better than Midnight IMO. I'm curious to see what kind of stats will this new form get.

And Ash getting the Dusk form seems reasonable. It balances out with the other major characters and the Lycanrocs they have: Gladion has Midnight Lycanroc, while Olivia has Midday Lycanroc.

That orange color scheme also makes the nicknames "Kaden" and "Selkie" even more appropriate for the Pokemon. I mean, to me, the Midday and Dusk formes already remind me of the Kitsune/Nine-tails class in Fire Emblem Fates.
I dont get why people dont like the look of Midnight. At least it looks like something and not just a normal wolf. Compared to a warewolf, thats pretty damn boring

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My team had a rating of 1640 and we were matched up against a ketchup team with a rating of 2110. Like what the **** Splatoon!?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
While the description says "Not available by normal methods" Im sure it will involve going all the way to ****ing Vast Poni Canyon just to evolve a Rockruff to Dusk Form.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I dont get why people dont like the look of Midnight. At least it looks like something and not just a normal wolf. Compared to a warewolf, thats pretty damn boring
Well to me, Midnight Lycanroc looks too lanky for my tastes. That's why I prefer the Midday form.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
i found the real Splatfest

Because Midday Lycanroc may be more subtle, but less subtle doesn't mean good.

Edgy Bacon Deviantart Werewolf is an eyesore. Easily my least favorite Alolan Pokémon design and quite possibly one of my least favorites in the series over all. The fact that it doesn't get Accelerock and instead opts for Counter (which, on Lycanroc, is pretty damn useless due to its poor defenses) doesn't do it any favors.

Meanwhile Midday is sleek and noble looking, and its simpler design is a nice callback to the series's earlier, more simplified designs. That resonates with a lot more people.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Its basically a fluffy orange Midday Lycanroc.

Even GF knows the superior form. :4villager:

But for real, Duskroc is best wolf Pokémon.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Discord seems to be broken.

I can't access it on my computer.
Seems to work fine on my phone just now
Because Midday Lycanroc may be more subtle, but less subtle doesn't mean good.

Edgy Bacon Deviantart Werewolf is an eyesore. Easily my least favorite Alolan Pokémon design and quite possibly one of my least favorites in the series over all. The fact that it doesn't get Accelerock and instead opts for Counter (which, on Lycanroc, is pretty damn useless due to its poor defenses) doesn't do it any favors.

Meanwhile Midday is sleek and noble looking, and its simpler design is a nice callback to the series's earlier, more simplified designs. That resonates with a lot more people.
Midday is cake that hasnt been dressed and is just served to you imo At least Midnight looks less boring, a cake that actually has icing on it. I cant think of any other food references other then cake but anyway, thats my opinion

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The difference is that Togedamaru and Mimikyu were both shown to be normal.
"Featuring Pokémon that didn't appear in the original versions" (why else would would a mad Togedemaru appear during that sentence?) and Mimikyu was showing a lot more of its insides than usual.

I may be wrong but I'm sticking with it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Featuring Pokémon that didn't appear in the original versions" (why else would would a mad Togedemaru appear during that sentence?) and Mimikyu was showing a lot more of its insides than usual.

I may be wrong but I'm sticking with it.
It could happen but the common theory is that these are totem fights that we will have.

Totem pokemon according to the code are actually viewed as separate pokemon from their normal form.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Seems to work fine on my phone just now

Midday is cake that hasnt been dressed and is just served to you imo At least Midnight looks less boring, a cake that actually has icing on it. I cant think of any other food references other then cake but anyway, thats my opinion
Midday may not have icing, but I can say for certain that Midnight's icing isn't chocolate. :p

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Midday form is sleeker.

Midnight form is kind of off but not as bad as Opo makes it out to be.

The worst is the whole series ain't a rock type, bro.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Midnight has too much icing to the point its just gross. Midday has just enough to be pleasantly delicious.

Too much detail can kill a design.

But that's just my opinion. If you like Midnight, hey, that's cool.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
For real though...

Worst Alola design is a fairy type.

Guess which one I like the least.