• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so source gaming posted a template for dragonball fighterZ

and i took on the challenge of making a roster....with some questionable choices

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Guys, I just got Miitopia and I'm in a major dilemma.

Should PBG or ProJared be my first party member?
welll given the phase of the moon the height of the tide and the shade of blue in the water.......kermit the frog

Chrono.

so source gaming posted a template for dragonball fighterZ

and i took on the challenge of making a roster....with some questionable choices
A lot of this seems likely, other stuff not so much (to me anyway).

I don't see lower end villains (jobbers basically) like Raditz and Nappa making it in. Ginyu seems more plausible, if only because he has a more fleshed out moveset. Dabura? idk. I find Kid Buu more likely than the Super variants, but not by much. Idk how to feel about movie villains past Broly, Janemba would be pretty cool but I could live without Cooler (seriously, other than the blade, which Zamasu/Black does, does he really have anything interesting or unique going for him?). Omega and SSJ4 Gogeta are also in a weird area for me because idk if they plan on covering GT, they're solid choices either way.

Other than those, this is pretty much what I'd predict. Some feel like locks or close to em (Broly, Beerus, Gotenks) others I'd like a lot but don't see AS likely (Chi-chi, Saiyawoman, Zamasu).

Good call on Vegito Blue btw. Seeing as we probably won't get Goku or Vegeta Blue, he'd be a great compromise.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
oh they changed the splatfest music I see

and so far I have had 2 Ketchep encounters and 1 mayo
also Trash gremlin and marina's hair and leggings change to match their teams ink

I don't see lower end villains (jobbers basically) like Raditz and Nappa making it in. Ginyu seems more plausible, if only because he has a more fleshed out moveset. Dabura? idk. I find Kid Buu more likely than the Super variants, but not by much. Idk how to feel about movie villains past Broly, Janemba would be pretty cool but I could live without Cooler (seriously, other than the blade, which Zamasu/Black does, does he really have anything interesting or unique going for him?). Omega and SSJ4 Gogeta are also in a weird area for me because idk if they plan on covering GT, they're solid choices either way.

Other than those, this is pretty much what I'd predict. Some feel like locks or close to em (Broly, Beerus, Gotenks) others I'd like a lot but don't see AS likely (Chi-chi, Saiyawoman, Zamasu).

Good call on Vegito Blue btw. Seeing as we probably won't get Goku or Vegeta Blue, he'd be a great compromise.
well to be honest radditz and nappa were there because i really liked the idea of having vegeta nappa and radditz on a team as they were a team pre radditz going to earth, this also applies for having chichi (teaming up with goku and gohan) saiya woman(teamingup with hercule and ultimate gohan) and other team ideas(bardock and his sons for one)
if i had 6 more spots Roshi, Pan, Bulma, Hit, Slug, and Frost would be on there as well
to explain bulma shed use conveintional weapons like a rocket launcher, laser pistol, and throwing capsules containing heavy things (basically a keep away character)

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I guess nobody likes Mayo...

All Ketchup teams so far...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I say that an immediately get a Team Mayo...

And won....first blood!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Nappa would work as the traditional heavy of the game, alongside Broly. He's also fairly popular on his own. Ginyu and Dabura, while not super important like Frieza and Cell at least have gimmicks to make them stick out, more so Dabura. Ginyu could call on his teammates, but aside from that, it'll mostly be body switching to make him stick out.

Dabura on the other hand has like 3 main gimmicks to him. Turns people into stone, and he has a spear and sword. I think he also breaths fire too. I'd also like to see Mercenary Tao as a fighter. That could be pretty cool.

I'm sure most fighters will from DBZ, but I can't help but wonder how many might be from the Original DB, GT or Super.

Chrono.

Nappa would work as the traditional heavy of the game, alongside Broly. He's also fairly popular on his own. Ginyu and Dabura, while not super important like Frieza and Cell at least have gimmicks to make them stick out, more so Dabura. Ginyu could call on his teammates, but aside from that, it'll mostly be body switching to make him stick out.

Dabura on the other hand has like 3 main gimmicks to him. Turns people into stone, and he has a spear and sword. I think he also breaths fire too. I'd also like to see Mercenary Tao as a fighter. That could be pretty cool.

I'm sure most fighters will from DBZ, but I can't help but wonder how many might be from the Original DB, GT or Super.
Super feels like a safe bet since it's on going and relevant. But I'm not expecting much past Beerus and/or Zamasu... Maybe Hit too, actually.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Whoa!

Someone is making a completely new version of fusion fall! That's amazing! this was one of my favorites when younger so I can't wait to try this out.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and now with zero context i give you the most amazing thing dragonball fusions has ever made possible

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
User was warned for this post
Whoa!

Someone is making a completely new version of fusion fall! That's amazing! this was one of my favorites when younger so I can't wait to try this out.
It really weirds me out seeing all the Cartoon Network characters sharing an artstyle. Let alone an anime one. Well, except for Ben 10, the first series is already kind of anime looking.

Super feels like a safe bet since it's on going and relevant. But I'm not expecting much past Beerus and/or Zamasu... Maybe Hit too, actually.
Yeah, I'd like to see Hit in FigherZ. He's still my favorite new addition to Super's cast. I figured Beerus is a no-brainer, on top of the fact that he's still technically a DBZ era character as he was around juuuuust before Super started it's own content.

Last edited by a moderator:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
ah christ. nick robinson's an asshole. dammit. i thought he was one of the good guys

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i dont see why gt content wouldnt show up in fighterz afterall GT stuff showed up in Dragonball z budokai 3 (never mind the fact the west got a GT fighting game BEFORE gt was a thing in the west

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about Chiaotzu? It'd be interesting

He was kind of cool in dragonball having all these weird energy and psychic attacks

Chrono.

i dont see why gt content wouldnt show up in fighterz afterall GT stuff showed up in Dragonball z budokai 3 (never mind the fact the west got a GT fighting game BEFORE gt was a thing in the west
GT just kinda feels like the kind of thing that's DLC bait these days.

That's pretty much the treatment it gets. Missing from games since Raging Blast until Xenoverse 1, which was DLC. It took a long ass time for it to start showing up in either Heroes or Dokkan. Extreme Butoden's GT content was just a couple of DLC assists too.

All games handled by different companies, sure, but you can tell how Bamco likes treating it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
GT just kinda feels like the kind of thing that's DLC bait these days.

That's pretty much the treatment it gets. Missing from games since Raging Blast until Xenoverse 1, which was DLC. It took a long *** time for it to start showing up in either Heroes or Dokkan. Extreme Butoden's GT content was just a couple of DLC assists too.

All games handled by different companies, sure, but you can tell how Bamco likes treating it.
i think we can be real in saying that the reason they held off with gt in dokkan was so they could make the mad cash(see the current SSJ4 gogeta event going on...unrelated i got him on my first pull)as for heroes well itd be kinda weird if you didnt use everything you could from Z before adding things like kid buu fused with debora and demigra, and baby janemba

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
ah christ. nick robinson's an *******. dammit. i thought he was one of the good guys
Who did what now?

*investigates*

Oh dear.

If true (more evidence pointing towards yes unless this is some wacky conspiracy and I don't think it is), that is quite a ****ty thing to do.

Dude's gonna get fired.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

The Corocoro cover has leaked out, and we have good news and bad news. The good news is that it seems (still unconfirmed, but it looks the part) that it gives our first glimpse of Lycanroc's new form, which is expected since the anime and merchandise have been pointing towards it debuting this month. From the looks of it, it seems that the direction they're going with is a hybrid between the other two forms as it has Midnight's coloring, but seems to have Midday's features. Its eye color is also green, which fits with what was seen in the preview from the anime.

However, the bad news is that according to Serebii there's no mention of USUM on the Corocoro cover, so outside of the new form it seems that venue may prove to be a bust yet again.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

The Corocoro cover has leaked out, and we have good news and bad news. The good news is that it seems (still unconfirmed, but it looks the part) that it gives our first glimpse of Lycanroc's new form, which is expected since the anime and merchandise have been pointing towards it debuting this month. From the looks of it, it seems that the direction they're going with is a hybrid between the other two forms as it has Midnight's coloring, but seems to have Midday's features. Its eye color is also green, which fits with what was seen in the preview from the anime.

However, the bad news is that according to Serebii there's no mention of USUM on the Corocoro cover, so outside of the new form it seems that venue may prove to be a bust yet again.

Lycanroc Messed Timezone Form.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

In before this is the only new Pokemon in the game.

It'd be funny, and very splatfest, if Mayo wins.
I'm team Ketchup and sure losing a lot.

Staarih

Smash Master
It'd be funny, and very splatfest, if Mayo wins.
I think mayo just won in Japan at least.

I forgot about the whole Splatfest this weekend, I'm out of town and didn't think to bring along my Switch... ah well, maybe next Splatfest.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Who did what now?

*investigates*

Oh dear.

If true (more evidence pointing towards yes unless this is some wacky conspiracy and I don't think it is), that is quite a ****ty thing to do.

Dude's gonna get fired.
He already got fired now
EDIT: He's currently suspended until there's an answer to this

So it's just Day form with Midnight's colours? Jesus christ is that lazy

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh, that's stupid. I got excited when I heard about the new form but the picture is too blurry for me.

Midnight form looks cooler, it just sucks. Would have been better if it was midnight form but made to not suck

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Me at 12:00am: "I've been feeling ill all day, I should rest"

Me at 4:20am after watching 3 eps of Yu Yu Hakusho: "If I hit the Gym as hard as Toguro and skip leg day, I could become Obelisk The Tormentor like him?"

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I keep trying to get into shape, but then I end up hurting part of my body and having to stop

The body is a lot more fragile than in anime. Lifting something slightly wrong could mess up your arm to the point it won't work without surgery, even if it's not that heavy

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Is that a red Midday Lycanroc?

Lol I don't even mind, that's awesome. Of course I won't make any assumptions.

Kinda sad it isn't a Necrozma-ized Lycanroc. I really, REALLY wanted that.

D

Deleted member

The Jojo DiU live-action is getting incredibly positive reactions from what I've seen. "Better than expected" as Kotaku puts it.

I hope it gets released on DVD soon so I can at least watch it raw

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

It's really hard to pick out the details, but the intent of it being a hybrid of Midday and Midnight is clear. It does look on the simplistic side, though, but considering a lot of the design is obstructed and considering how much they're building this thing up, something tells me there's more to it that isn't so obvious at first glance.

Either way, we won't have to wait long to learn more. Pokénchi's going to have a lot of eyes on it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom