• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was talking about getting a new headphone and my mim bought be some, they didnt cost to much, like 17.99 but I feel bad about her buying them because I dont feel like I deserve it
Pumpkaboo, those headphones aren't something to feel bad about, those headphones are a symbol of the fact that your mom loves you. You more than deserve those headphones, and you more than deserve a mom that wouldn't think twice about giving you them.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Yantra vs Cable Pt. 24 is here.
Days ago I did a call to the Cable Company and they sent me a "signal reinforcement" that solved most of the issue, however one TV still had poop reception.

So, now employee finally arrived to fix my No Signal Hell.
Dude was like: "Your cable is connected to a pole that is too far, the limit is 45 meters of cord, your cable is 56 meters, so it is better to end this"
Me: "So, you're telling me to cancel my service..."
Cable dude: "Yes, it is easier that way"
Me: "Just fix my cable, man, I'll give you a Pepsi"

Im sure the limit is 100 meters, so I ignored his bs and made him replace the plugs of every cable.

Signal is perfect now. :250:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Pumpkaboo, those headphones aren't something to feel bad about, those headphones are a symbol of the fact that your mom loves you. You more than deserve those headphones, and you more than deserve a mom that wouldn't think twice about giving you them.
We yell at eachother and annoy eachother so much and yet she offered to buy the headphones for me. I guess you are right about what you said.
Days ago I did a call to the Cable Company and they sent me a "signal reinforcement" that solved most of the issue, however one TV still had poop reception.

Dude was like: "Your cable is connected to a pole that is too far, the limit is 45 meters of cord, your cable is 56 meters, so it is better to end this"

Im sure the limit is 100 meters, so I ignored his bs and made him replace the plugs of every cable.

Did you actually give him the pepsi?

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I can't stop.

We yell at eachother and annoy eachother so much and yet she offered to buy the headphones for me. I guess you are right about what you said.
Scuse me I got something in my eye. :104:

I had some thoughts about that myself.

Google's never giving me that shirt though.

Bad words, etc.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Did you actually give him the pepsi?
Yes, he needed some motivation to do a fix that according to him "will not help at all".

Said fix worked perfectly. :yeahboi:

Still, Imma fill a report on the dude when I go to pay the cable bill this week.

Chrono.

Going through the PSN store.

Found out JUST a costume pack for SFV is $30.

Jesus Christ.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I have at last decided on a shirt design.

And I kept it simple, classy - and above all, right to the point.

Screenshot_20170711-184009-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Hmm, really?

...alright then, but still, curse those shenanigans.

Also, if you want to see the image, click the link here.
The problem is that you can't hotlink images from Pixiv - that is, you can't just take the link to the image and stick it in an [img] tag, because Pixiv blocks that on their end. Instead, you should upload it somewhere like Imgur first, and then post that link instead.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So in honor of the reveal that Berkut is in the next GHB, I'd figure we should have some discussion about him. Some of us here have mentioned some things about Berkut every now and then, but we've never had a true discussion pertaining to him. Let's do that now.

What is your opinion of Berkut as a character? Is he sympathetic? Do you think he is a well-written villain or not?

Most Fire Emblem fans on the Internet seem to think Berkut is a really well-written villain, but I've also seen a good number of fans who argue the opposite (last time I was on Serenesforest, the community was divided on Berkut, with half saying he is well-written while the other half arguing that he is a horribly written antagonist). Some have even made comparisons between Berkut and Anakin Skywalker.

I'm curious to hear what our fellow Fire Emblem fans here in Nintenzone think of Berkut. I'll give my response to the question later.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So in honor of the reveal that Berkut is in the next GHB, I'd figure we should have some discussion about him. Some of us here have mentioned some things about Berkut every now and then, but we've never had a true discussion pertaining to him. Let's do that now.

What is your opinion of Berkut as a character? Is he sympathetic? Do you think he is a well-written villain or not?

Most Fire Emblem fans on the Internet seem to think Berkut is a really well-written villain, but I've also seen a good number of fans who argue the opposite (last time I was on Serenesforest, the community was divided on Berkut, with half saying he is well-written while the other half arguing that he is a horribly written antagonist). Some have even made comparisons between Berkut and Anakin Skywalker.

I'm curious to hear what our fellow Fire Emblem fans here in Nintenzone think of Berkut. I'll give my response to the question later.
I think Ghast Station put it pretty well - he's written just fine for the purpose he serves and is hammy and entertaining to listen to due to Ian Sinclair's performance, but unfortunately his sole purpose in the plot is for Alm to one-up him at every turn. This in turn makes his character come off as that of a whiny child, until he just completely loses himself.

Rinea could have helped if they showed more synergy between them but unfortunately she kinda is nothing more than a plot device in the grand scheme of things. Their relationship isn't nearly as fleshed out as it ought to be.

I honestly would have really liked a series of DLC maps starring Berkut. As it stands, he's squandered potential and the only things making him memorable are purely aesthetic (design, voice, musical themes, etc).

I still like him and want to like him even more but I can't overlook objective flaws like this.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
will be watching the MLB 2017 All-Star game..
If Zach Britain didn't get injured he probably would have been with Schoop and represent the Orioles.. :ohwell:

Finally got around to Blaster Master Zero

Pretty damn fun game. Wish I had gotten to it sooner. So far it's too easy, but it's still fun anyway. I mean, im playing as a guy with a multi-weapon laser riding in a tank. It's pretty great.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm reading through Spider-Man comics on Marvel Unlimited, and things turn dark really quickly. One issue, Peter Parker's going to Montreal to get photos of Spidey fighting the Hulk, and the next (issue 121), he returns home to find Harry Osborn tripping on LSD and Norman Osborn blaming Peter for it.

Then
Norman snaps, becomes the Green Goblin again, kidnaps Gwen, and leaves her on a bridge, and we all know where this is going.

Last edited:

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Eh, still less scary than this.
Yeah, there isn't gore or anything shocking. But honestly, this image doesn't need any of that. My soul jumped when I first saw this image, and he is still staring into it.
How terrifying.

upload_2017-7-11_20-49-48.png

I'm shaking in my shoes right now.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I love SiIvaGunner, but I really hate it when they only just do a single joke or meme in every song, especially if it's not good or funny.

Right now it's only "Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae)"

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Finally got around to Blaster Master Zero

Pretty damn fun game. Wish I had gotten to it sooner. So far it's too easy, but it's still fun anyway. I mean, im playing as a guy with a multi-weapon laser riding in a tank. It's pretty great.
Make sure you download the Shantae dlc while she is still free.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is just really funny to me for some reason.

Also I made Anna a 5-Star after maxing her at Level 40 as a 4-Star. I trained my 4-Star Tobin too so I'll promote him next assuming I don't get anything else (I will get the 5-Star one but the extra SP will be useful for him).

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
From what I see so far the update includes...

Max Brass+his arms and stage
Hedlock Multiplayer mode
Stats Menu (bout time)
Events Mode

Max Brass: "Magic Muscles! Mmm!" lulwut

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
kinda fascinating how an inhouse game like arms gets patchnotes but smash never did despite being a bigger game + developed by a huge fg studio

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
kinda fascinating how an inhouse game like arms gets patchnotes but smash never did despite being a bigger game + developed by a huge fg studio
To be fair, it may be because Nintendo is working to change that and well, ARMS is the only fighter they're updating right now.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Nintendo never really gave Smash the same push on a competitive level as they do with Arms right now...

Probably will change in the future...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
The lack of patch notes really makes how they handled Smash seem more and more like an anomaly. At first, I thought it would set a trend, but so far it's the only Nintendo game (that I know of) that lacks patch notes.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
tbh Sakurai had a pretty ****ty attitude when it came to competitive Smash...

He still cared about it but Smash was always first and foremost a party game to him...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Nintendo never really gave Smash the same push on a competitive level as they do with Arms right now...

Probably will change in the future...
Really?

I'd argue the precedence Nintendo set with Smash (the Invitationals, making GC controllers work for that one game, and what not) and it's continued success in the competitive community, is the only reason Nintendo are trying so desperately to push ARMS as a serious fighter in the first place. Probably so they can act like the Switch has a big new fighting game until the next Smash comes out or they get a big third party one on the Switch.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Aren't patchnotes just kind of a really new thing with Nintendo in general? IIRC this never happened during the Wii U gen and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has patchnotes too.

Pretty sure this is just a new leaf Nintendo is experimenting with turning and not anything to do with the scale/support/company of the games.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
To be fair, it may be because Nintendo is working to change that and well, ARMS is the only fighter they're updating right now.
that's true, but it just makes the fact that they weren't doing it before even more confusing

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Aren't patchnotes just kind of a really new thing with Nintendo in general? IIRC this never happened during the Wii U gen and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has patchnotes too.

Pretty sure this is just a new leaf Nintendo is experimenting with turning and not anything to do with the scale/support/company of the games.
Pretty sure there were first party Wii U games with patch notes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom