• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A steelbook version of Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon has been revealed:

Soooooo... Are we getting any game news about it soon?

Chrono.

A steelbook version of Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon has been revealed:

Never. It's just gonna show up on shelves in November 21st.

And we'll buy it. Because it's Pokemon, we love this ****.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't get why there is a growing number of people against net neutrality

They are saying it "Throttles the free market"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Ultra Special Editions, but no Ultra News.

I have it Ultra pre-ordered anyway. :V

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

At this rate, we won't be getting news until next month at the earliest. It's already confirmed that this month's CoroCoro issue made no mention of the games.

Chrono.

At this rate, we won't be getting news until next month at the earliest. It's already confirmed that this month's CoroCoro issue made no mention of the games.
These are gonna be the Pokemon main games with the least hype possible.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon were just illusions, they don't actually exist.

In fact, the footage we saw in the direct was just very elaborate CGI.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Never. It's just gonna show up on shelves in November 21st.

And we'll buy it. Because it's Pokemon, we love this ****.
I normally dump my wallet out pretty quick for Pokemon, but TBH I think I'd rather give it a little time to air out and just go ahead and wait for Gen 8. This doesn't seem to be a plot expansion like B2W2 was and I can't see all that much being added, so I'd rather just whet my desire for the franchise for some extra time and see how Gen 8 shapes up.

I wonder what sort of direction they'll take the series trying to make it a palatable console experience on top of the handheld function. Hopefully they'll make the region not so empty this time in order to be more conducive to longer play sessions, although the fact that they have to catch up to the tech again makes me worry a bit. :/

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Gotta admit the bi-weekly SM trailers spoiled me a bit.

On the other hand. Was B2W2 very unpromoted too?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Chrono.

I remember it being very lowkey compared to BW, I didn't even know it released until one day I went to Gamestop and found out it had come out like a week beforehand.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I don't. . .THINK it was. The Kyurem forms had a bigger fuss made out of them and the new storyline and features got a ton of hinting and talking about.

They even released an animated short to advertise B2W2.

Then again, I don't remember what stage it was at when it got that, but it did get a pretty good amount of detailing. So far USUM has been kinda. . .Type:Null.

*EDIT* I mean, it didn't get the same rollout as a fresh Pokemon release, but it definitely got stronger promotion than USUM is getting so far.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You watched the new RelaxAlax I'm guessing.

FTR I agree with you.
Yeah.

Not that his video is a particularly bad example and I do agree with some of his points, it's more the word choice in some parts makes it come off like the franchise has some huge, inherent problem.

It's also just now that I'm realising these videos have been super common since Sonic Forces became a thing. I feel like some YouTuber is putting one of these out every other month or something and almost all of them say the same thing. Like we didn't even get this before or even after Rise of Lyric.

I mean, the franchise has its issues to be sure, and I even touched on some of them in my Source Gaming articles a year ago, and Sonic Forces does have some legitimate concerns attached to it and I understand why people might have them. But there's a lot of things I feel people are just parroting at this point and IMO some of these issues are very overblown (like the automation thing).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
These "SONIC IS BAD AND I DEFINITIVELY KNOW WHY AND HOW TO FIX IT" hot take videos are like the worst meme of 2017.

Just wanted to put that out there because it's kind of exhausting.
What's funny to me is that I seem to really want Sonic Utopia be somehow implemented on the ways SEGA could try to rework 3D Sonic incase Forces might still be not well-received:

Still, haven't I seen some odd suggestions from some peeps out there, like making Sonic more "Indie" basically and remove his "cool" attitude and have him carry a back-pack like so - when again, you could just rework it for modern days and keep hopefully fixing the rather extreme "Boost"-mechanic Sonic has - after all Sonic's cool and carefree attitude-character is very integral to him, no matter how "90s" or "outdated" some keep claiming it as.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

It took a while to get going (according to Serebii, about 1.5 months), but once it did it was fine as it did get its Corocoro spreads, a trailer or two, and the aforementioned animated trailer. The thing with Third versions is that since there's a lot of content that's reused, a lot of the information that they can talk about is limited and thus they don't devote as much promotion to them. So compared to something like SM where you can get over half of year of reveals, you usually only get somewhere around three to four months of reveals, and even then it's more lowkey.

With USUM it probably feels worse since there's not a lot of hype to it at the moment. Even ignoring the debacle around whether it should be a Switch game, DP remakes or the like, a lot of people just don't feel excited for it as the information about it is not only limited, but very underwhelming. B2W2 by comparison had the sequel thing going so some were interested just based on that, but USUM doesn't have anything of the sort to keep it afloat so the lack of information is more draining.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What's funny to me is that I seem to really want Sonic Utopia be somehow implemented on the ways SEGA could try to rework 3D Sonic incase Forces might still be not well-received:

Still, haven't I seen some odd suggestions from some peeps out there, like making Sonic more "Indie" basically and remove his "cool" attitude and have him carry a back-pack like so - when again, you could just rework it for modern days and keep hopefully fixing the rather extreme "Boost"-mechanic Sonic has - after all Sonic's cool and carefree attitude-character is very integral to him, no matter how "90s" or "outdated" some keep claiming it as.

I feel like the "updated" version of Sonic that person wanted to make is already outdated

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
well I dont have a computer anymore so the pc is out. Im more looking at the switch game and I should get it or not
Longtime Cave Story fan here.

Would normally also recommend the PC version, but if that's right out I would say wait for a sale or grab the $10 3DS eShop version.

Do get it, though. It's a phenomenal game.

I wonder how many people in this thread are gonna find out about those Brazilian comics for the first time now that you've brought it up, LOL.
Me, for one.

And while my initial reaction is predictably -

- because of course it is, I'll take you at your word that it's otherwise a hot mess.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Still, haven't I seen some odd suggestions from some peeps out there, like making Sonic more "Indie" basically and remove his "cool" attitude and have him carry a back-pack like so - when again, you could just rework it for modern days - Because Sonic's cool and carefree attitude-character is very integral to him, no matter how "90s" or "outdated" some keep claiming it as.

I love Utopia on a personal level, I have wanted a Sonic game like it for a very long time, but putting my personal bias aside, I'm not sure if a game like that would be well-received to the wider Sonic audience.

Core Sonic gamers and speedrunners would eat it up without question, but the more casual audience and kids would really struggle to play such a game. Going through a basic shuttle loop in that game requires some decent hand-eye co-ordination and a resistance to motion sickness. I've seen some videos of people playing the game and they really struggle to do things that are seamless in the 2D Sonic games and enjoy it less as a result because they can't go fast as easily as in the 2D games.

While I personally find less automation to be good and like the idea of messing around with the terrain and Sonic's physics, building an entire game around that in 3D and still expecting it to sell to today's gaming climate is a very unrealistic expectation and I think it would get slammed hard for "bad controls", maybe even more so than previous 3D Sonic games.

That being said, I wouldn't mind SEGA trying it. Maybe a smaller download only project to test the waters. I'm just not sure it's really something that would sell because it's so much less accessible.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Eh, still less scary than this.
Screenshot_20170711-162656-01.jpeg

Broken images.

Oh god it's horrifying.

Warchamp7 save us.

I see you typing. Relax. I'm giving you grief.

And Warchamp, pardon the tag, false alarm, it's just a 403.

Man, I want to pre-purchase Splatoon 2.

Wish Nintendo would finally implement that to the Switch eShop.
If we got some kind of benefit for it, maybe.

But honestly we're just impatient for it's release.

For me, the art book arrived today, so I'll have a bit to tide me over.

Guess I could learn to doodle squids...

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 131487
Broken images.

Oh god it's horrifying.

@Warchamp7 save us.

I see you typing. Relax. I'm giving you grief.

If we got some kind of benefit for it, maybe.

But honestly we're just impatient for it's release.

For me, the art book arrived today, so I'll have a bit to tide me over.
Wait, WHAT?!
tenor.gif

GOD DAMN YOU SMASHBOARD, I WLL CURSE YOU UNTIL THE DAY I STOP BREATHING.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I love Utopia on a personal level, I have wanted a Sonic game like it for a very long time, but putting my personal bias aside, I'm not sure if a game like that would be well-received to the wider Sonic audience.

Core Sonic gamers and speedrunners would eat it up without question, but the more casual audience and kids would really struggle to play such a game. Going through a basic shuttle loop in that game requires some decent hand-eye co-ordination and a resistance to motion sickness. I've seen some videos of people playing the game and they really struggle to do things that are seamless in the 2D Sonic games and enjoy it less as a result because they can't go fast as easily as in the 2D games.

While I personally find less automation to be good and like the idea of messing around with the terrain and Sonic's physics, building an entire game around that in 3D and still expecting it to sell to today's gaming climate is a very unrealistic expectation and I think it would get slammed hard for "bad controls", maybe even more so than previous 3D Sonic games.

That being said, I wouldn't mind SEGA trying it. Maybe a smaller download only project to test the waters. I'm just not sure it's really something that would sell because it's so much less accessible.
Good points, really. Though, technically as this is still "proof of concept", hence the sandbox-y nature of the whole demo. I think I also saw in Sonic Retro about the same complaints on traversing through shuttle loops and such.

Again though, I more just wish they'd bring back the momentum-based play as a vehicle to let him go fast and do fancy feats like Utopia allowed, for more fluid and flowing gameplay. I just feel more drawn to it now than the current Boost-formula, as that one keeps feeling rather... incomplete and sometimes difficult to control (hence how levels have to accommodated to make it work in a suitable level.)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I honestly just wish the Sonic fanbase wasn't quick to judge everything.

Sonic Forces and Mania don't look perfect, no, but I think both will please a lot of people.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Chrono.

I honestly just wish the Sonic fanbase wasn't quick to judge everything.

Sonic Forces and Mania don't look perfect, no, but I think both will please a lot of people.
Actually, it's mostly Forces that gets flak.

Mania is the holy grail right now.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The link is broken.

Kidding.

If they were, this scene in Sonic Boom wouldn't of existed.
The video you posted is so good that I am too happy to notice anything else. Seriously, **** Sonic Boom the game, but thank god for Sonic Boom the cartoon...of the game I guess.:4gaw:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I'm seeing flak thrown at Mania too.

That said, most of the flak for both games is ridiculous at this point.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Its a Sonic game. They're both getting flakked at.

EDIT: FLAKKED YOU DILL-DRENCHED MOBILE DEVICE! NOT FLANKED!

Freaking spell check, you know mate?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

I mean, this video isn't perfect but I can definitely relate.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This doesn't mean anything though.

For example the issue that revealed komala and rockruff made no mention of the game on the cover. There's another one from sun and moon but I don't remember what issue.

Regardless we can't count out CoroCoro yet but I wouldn't be surprised if there's nothing, even if that would be pretty stupid.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I'm still making shirts.

Why.

If you check the fiber optics map for my region, it looks something like a circle with my area as the dead zone in the middle. :awesome:
Yeesh.

Heart goes out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom