• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm REALLY ****ing mad right now
I slept pretty poorly and I accidentally blocked off my sister's bike yesterday, so she asked me to move it. "Wait a minute" I replied, as I was still dazed and tired. Then she starts screaming and she broke my bike. All because she couldn't afford 10, maybe even 5 seconds. Luckily I can still cycle on it, because I had an appointment to see if I could get some money from the government. After half an hour of cycling in unbearable heat, I get there and am told the people I need to see aren't in on Fridays and that I was misinformed by an employee who I called about this situation. Meaning another half an hour of cycling in unbearable heat. It's not even 10AM yet for ****s sake

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Today, I just learned that Cut Man was supposed to be the original protagonist of the Mega Man franchise.

And now, I'm trying to imagine how X, Zero, ZX, Legend, brief, every other game in the franchise would look like if Cut Man was still the main protagonist.

God, and to think we could have the "WHAT I AM FIGHTING FOR?!" scene with Cut Man ally Paper Man. If only, if only...

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I may not post as much as I used to, but I decided to have my say from the Direct today -
So far, Marina is my preference of Off The Hook, and the gameplay seems just as good as it was before, but with improvements and new things added for a new experienience. I'm definitely looking forward to the game's launch, and I'd be happy to give the Splatfest a shot. Team Ice Cream no take backs,

As for Overwatch - I'm excited that Doomfist is going to be playable, the animated origin story was great, and he seems to have some nice abilities at his disposal. I'll just wait til he arrives on consoles though...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Polished off my map of Hyrule in my Master Mode Nicepants run. Thought it'd be a good time for an update. You know, at 5 AM when nobody will read it.

Lot to cover, so it's been tucked. I'm enjoying the run; hope someone enjoys the writeup.

In general: Runis now more defined, some initial thoughts have evolved, and it turns out there's an awful lot you can do on three hearts and one stamina wheel if you're clever and quick on your feet.

Lot of this is stream-of consciousness so please excuse the wandering topics.

Food has been less useful than anticipated so far, with one major exception - Hearty foods. And for that, I've turned largely to Hearty Durians. A full set of 5 in a dish jumps my health bar to a respectable 23 hearts, but most importanly they can be farmed en masse in the Faron region. Sadly it's presently a ***** to get around there. One of my next items up is to drop by Lanaryu long enough to work through the Vah Ruta quest up to the point I get the Zora Armor. Hopping up waterfalls should make Durian gathering much simpler.

I've come to define the "no Divine Beasts" rule as "not allowed to engage in combat with the Divine Beasts" - the original intent was to have the full boss rush gauntlet for Calamity Ganon - and I honestly haven't seen the need to even begin the other three Divine Beast quests. The appropriate clothing sets for fire, heat, and cold are readily available in Goron City, Rito VIllage, and Kara Kara Bazaar, respectively. Can't enter Gerudo Town at all because I can't wear the pants.

Speaking of, I'm pretty sure the quest to acquire the Gerudo clothes forces you to wear them after acquisition, including the pants. I'm debating how to interpret that under the "no pants" rule - whether acquiring the outfit but immediately removing the pants is alright, or a stricter interpretation - which would necessitate foregoing that quest line, as it'll force me to break, if not the spirit, then the letter of a rule. I'll likely go for the latter simply because acquiring the Gerudo set in this run is a purely convenience move - only really need it for getting around the desert, and I can offset the heat with food or elixirs, so it might not be a point of contention.

Stricter interpretations seem to be the order of business for my "no upgrades" rule as well. In theory, the intent was no upgrades from Goddess Statues and Spirit Orbs - no health, no stamina. In practice, I've foregone every available upgrade save one - the Sheikah Sensor++, which I acquired before I really pondered the idea - and I would honestly like to continue to do so.

The Phantom EX armor will probably be necessary to stand a chance in the boss rush with limited health and armor upgrades. For runs like this I usually have mixed feelings about DLC additions - it feels to me like making something else available that makes things easier kind of defeats the purpose of a challenge run - but I figure that if the same update that brought Master Mode also brought the DLC it can reasonably be considered part of the baseline options, since you can't get one without the other. The amiibo items are another matter, and I've sworn off them - need to earn my supplies.

I've also confirmed that I've been locked out of the Master Sword and related Trials entirely. Tried to cheese it with some Durian Stew but it turns out the sword only cares about red hearts, not gold ones. With upgrades out as per the rules, no sword for me.

One other thing I've noticed is how much better I've gotten at stealth and combat. Kind of a necessity when everything one-shots you, and necessity has driven innovation. Some things I've learned:

- For everything that's not Chus, always engage in one-on-one combat. Always. Always. The advantages cannot be overstated. More importantly, being killed by the flanker you weren't focusing on sucks.
- When that's not possible, engage from a distance. Everyone's less tough with an arrow in the nose.
- When that's not possible, pack electric weapons. Big ones - thunderspears and great thunderblades, to disarm multiple opponents - and then swap to something heavy and bat them away. Let them keep going for their equipment and giving you free shots.
- And when at all possible, fight ****ing dirty. Always drop enemies on floating platforms and pick up the drops from the ground/water, unless you can one-shot them off the platform. Roll boulders, explode barrels - soften the crowd up however you can. Aim from places they can't easily reach. Ganon's dudes tend to win in a fair fight. Don't give them one.

If Master Mode is the test for who slept through Combat 101, Nicepants edition is writing my thesis.

Another interesting bit. If you can sneak up on a lone Bokoblin, Moblin, or Lizalfos and sneakstrike it, the very first thing the AI will do after it stands back up is have it turn around to find its attacker, and it can't notice you or engage until it does.

Actually took some time and verified this. After approaching a Moblin with two pieces of Sheikah gear and patience, I gave him a sneakstrike, immediately went into the menu and threw on two pieces of Soldier's gear, ran around him, and stood right on his nose, making no effort to be stealthy in the least. I watched him stand up and immediately swing 180 degrees, and rewarded his curiosity with another sneakstrike.

The one caveat is that you want to do it on relatively flat ground so you can predict how it'll get back up. I've used this to best effect in the Coliseum Ruins, which has been mostly useful at this point for cash grinding - lots of silver enemies dropping gemstones for minimal effort. Really, though, the most interesting thing about this quirk is the glimpse into the enemies' AI.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Horizon is getting a big update today. They're adding the long requested New Game+ mode as well as an Ultra Hard mode.

Kinda wish Ultra Hard was already available at launch, but Very Hard is challenging enough so I'll keep going with that, next time I actually play it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

>New MHA opening tomorrow
>New RE:Creators opening tomorrow
>Fate/Apocrypha opening tomorrow
Can ya feel it? It's the start of a new season and I sure am ready for new OPs
I feel like im going crazy

So MHA fandom really ****ing loves Froppy. I assume this is because of an episode I haven't seen yet.

Ive seen footage of it, but have not got to that point yet. Looking up the wiki shows characters from that episode have not debuted in the anime yet. . .at all. So I assume the episode hasn't aired yet. . . but then how the hell am I seeing footage of it and screencaps?

Does Froppy have a short or something? Is the episode in the twilight zone? Am I crazy?

EDIT looking up some of the footage from a scene says it's episode 13 . . .but episode 13 would be something completely different whether it's season 1 or 2. . .im confused
I'm pretty sure Tsu has always been popular since the League of Villains Arc thanks to her minor spotlight with Deku and ****boy Mineta.
I think her popularity rose again with Froppy and the new OVA(which is just alright imo). The first OVA didn't have much focus on her though
I'm REALLY ****ing mad right now
I slept pretty poorly and I accidentally blocked off my sister's bike yesterday, so she asked me to move it. "Wait a minute" I replied, as I was still dazed and tired. Then she starts screaming and she broke my bike. All because she couldn't afford 10, maybe even 5 seconds. Luckily I can still cycle on it, because I had an appointment to see if I could get some money from the government. After half an hour of cycling in unbearable heat, I get there and am told the people I need to see aren't in on Fridays and that I was misinformed by an employee who I called about this situation. Meaning another half an hour of cycling in unbearable heat. It's not even 10AM yet for ****s sake
Ugh, I feel sorry for you, especially since I know how it is to deal with impatient people, never got to the level of outright breaking something though.
Thankfully(or rather, hopefully), your mother will make your sister pay for this(literally, not figurativelly) because holy **** you can't just break someone's bike like that

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
>New MHA opening tomorrow
>New RE:Creators opening tomorrow
>Fate/Apocrypha opening tomorrow
Can ya feel it? It's the start of a new season and I sure am ready for new OPs
Speaking of MHA
About manga chapter 144, we finally get to know more about Kirishima's past
Some people might not know including me that Kirishima and Mina were in the same middle school. I even go back and check the MHA Ultra Archive to make sure and it was intentional in the first place.
You can also hear from Kirishima's friend saying that Heros nowadays are just mostly for entertainment and approval ratings besides just saving people and said Mina is perfect for becoming due to her out going attitude and athletic stamina. How they descripted heros nowadays is also why Stain emerges because how he think hero aren't the heros like All Might, which also makes me worried...that Mina might just be a target for Stain to kill... Whereas Kirishima at the time was all about manly spirit and try to save people, but it turns out he was similar to Sun Eater too. And there's got to be more happening after this chapter, I'm guessing Kirishima's change might have to do with Mina.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Tempest Trials again! Unfortunately, the only bonus unit I have is a 4* -Spd Mae. >.<

Luckily I can just slap her on a team with Reinhardt, Cherche, and Masked Marth and let them do the work for a few chapters before Horse Emblem takes over.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Well, in events that only seem to happen to me, some comically large flying bug somehow found its way into my room in the middle of the night, and as a result of me rushing to get the hell out of there, I accidentally knocked my laptop over and broke the screen. So for now, I'm pretty much stuck on mobile.

Great way to start the morning.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, in events that only seem to happen to me, some comically large flying bug somehow found its way into my room in the middle of the night, and as a result of me rushing to get the hell out of there, I accidentally knocked my laptop over and broke the screen. So for now, I'm pretty much stuck on mobile.

Great way to start the morning.
The sad thing is I'm kinda giggling because I'm trying to imagine Pax-Man run away from a bug and knock over a laptop. I'm so sorry

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The sad thing is I'm kinda giggling because I'm trying to imagine Pax-Man run away from a bug and knock over a laptop. I'm so sorry
Eh, don't worry about it. It was a silly as **** situation.

Though, I probably won't find it as humorous when it comes to getting rid of the bug. It essentially owns my bathroom right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I was wasting my time like usual by browsing TV Tropes and ended up finding myself on the Drifters page, which, in case you don't know, is a manga by the same guy that did Hellsing except instead of vampires and nazis, it's historical figures and fantasy-world nazis. With maximum edge.
But, like, this has about as much info as the 12-episode anime could have, maybe some more, is this going super slow or did it hit a hiatus?

My point is: Joan of Arc has fire powers, Hitler founded a totally-not-Nazi empire and the main villain is likely(as in 99%) Jesus and I don't know which one is worse.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The last map in Tempest Trials is a bit annoying. Luke/Eliwood is my main issue since it's difficult to take out everyone else without someone getting screwed by them, and Celica is annoyingly beefy too, but otherwise not too bad.

I can beat the 5 round Lunatic one without even going to my main team though, so that's good.

I play more of it later since my phone needs to charge.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I do agree on Josh from Bitblock's opinions on Splatoon 2, but this video couldn't even justify it and really makes his look more stupid. I have to say first I am not salty to this video, I just feel very disappointed how an intelligent dude like Josh would made such a dumb video just to piss off fans who likes Splatoon 2.
Things I only agree: Map rotation, Salamon Run... not so good...
Things he totally misses: New weapons and abilities, one of the "waifu squids" Marina isn't even a squid, and online voice chat app.

Also finished the Splatoon 2 demo for now, and to be honest...
I actually think Pearl is pretty cool and not a bad character at all.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I do agree on Josh from Bitblock's opinions on Splatoon 2, but this video couldn't even justify it and really makes his look more stupid. I have to say first I am not salty to this video, I just feel very disappointed how an intelligent dude like Josh would made such a dumb video just to piss off fans who likes Splatoon 2.
Things he totally misses: New weapons and abilities, one of the "waifu squids" Marina isn't even a squid, and online voice chat app.

This is the same dude that made fun of Metroid fans for getting excited for Metroid Prime 4's reveal...saying that 'people shouldn't get excited over just a logo' when he clearly misses how significant the reveal was to begin with...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Oh no, the guy who threw a hissy fit because Nintendo doesn't give him free stuff, the guy who gets angry at smaller youtubers who are successful because they're successful, the guy who believed in white genocide, the guy who got angry saying Smash 4 was absolute trash because one character he didn't like was DLC, did something stupid and salty again?

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
This is the same dude that made fun of Metroid fans for getting excited for Metroid Prime 4's reveal...saying that 'people shouldn't get excited over just a logo' when he clearly misses how significant the reveal was to begin with...
Well, neither me nor Josh are huge fans of Metroid, so he probably just think people are over exaggerated (Especially those people who couldn't tell the screwattack mark at first and then being crazy just after the logo appears), I understand that announcement was huge for a lot of gamers. I just agree on Josh that I hope we should be hype until we see the gameplay.

One tiny thing that bothered me in the Splatoon 2 Direct is I saw the tower control moving jingle is still the same... it's not a big deal but I wish they could change it to a more better jingle.

BitBlock's better off being ignored. He's a scumbag.

Trust me, there are more scumbag gaming Youtubers out there... some I can tolerate and listen, some I just ignore...
Like I said, I hope to see him make a video where he rationally complains about stuffs he doesn't like in Splatoon 2 Direct. After this video I really think that he should make a follow up video on why he did that. He could have just trolling, but even so, that video wasn't amusing at all when how most people's reaction are mostly positive
Oh no, the guy who threw a hissy fit because Nintendo doesn't give him free stuff, the guy who gets angry at smaller youtubers who are successful because they're successful, the guy who believed in white genocide, the guy who got angry saying Smash 4 was absolute trash because one character he didn't like was DLC, did something stupid and salty again?
Yeah, I used to hear him saying he doesn't want any anime characters, which is an okay opinion actually.
Keep in mind, he is friend with Rogerbase who is one of my favorite Youtuber.
He also had a pretty good debate with Rich from Reviewtechusa.
He made plenty of videos saying positive things about the Switch, some of his reasons are good and some actually are pretty bad.
He was also the one who made that fake Smash 4 on Switch leak.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
-Saltblock
-Rational
Pick one
Give me a break.
When comes to his recent video about Splatoon 2, Saltblock.
What he should be: Rational.

By the way, is it possible to test out weapons in the demo?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Give me a break.
When comes to his recent video about Splatoon 2, Saltblock.
What he should be: Rational.

By the way, is it possible to test out weapons in the demo?
He earned the name Saltblock because his behaviour wasn't a one time thing, but happened WAAAY too often. Plus he made a sex tape of himself and released it on the internet

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
He earned the name Saltblock because his behaviour wasn't a one time thing, but happened WAAAY too often. Plus he made a sex tape of himself and released it on the internet
I only agree when it comes to Splatoon 2... others I don't know or don't really care, sorry.
I'm really curious on what's he gonna do after that dumb video, chance of him being salty is very likely at this point.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Lady Layton English trailer

Eh at the dog though

I think the dub sounds pretty good thus far. Katrielle, Ernest, and the new Inspector are my favorites of the dub cast so far.

I agree the dog sounds odd. He'll take some getting used to.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well, neither me nor Josh are huge fans of Metroid, so he probably just think people are over exaggerated (Especially those people who couldn't tell the screwattack mark at first and then being crazy just after the logo appears), I understand that announcement was huge for a lot of gamers. I just agree on Josh that I hope we should be hype until we see the gameplay.

One tiny thing that bothered me in the Splatoon 2 Direct is I saw the tower control moving jingle is still the same... it's not a big deal but I wish they could change it to a more better jingle.

Trust me, there are more scumbag gaming Youtubers out there... some I can tolerate and listen, some I just ignore...
Like I said, I hope to see him make a video where he rationally complains about stuffs he doesn't like in Splatoon 2 Direct. After this video I really think that he should make a follow up video on why he did that. He could have just trolling, but even so, that video wasn't amusing at all when how most people's reaction are mostly positive

Yeah, I used to hear him saying he doesn't want any anime characters, which is an okay opinion actually.
Keep in mind, he is friend with Rogerbase who is one of my favorite Youtuber.
He also had a pretty good debate with Rich from Reviewtechusa.
He made plenty of videos saying positive things about the Switch, some of his reasons are good and some actually are pretty bad.
He was also the one who made that fake Smash 4 on Switch leak.
He does 'claim' to be a Metroid fan btw...

Sure, it's disappointing there wasn't any gameplay and I can understand people who are only interested in seeing gameplay, but it's not about what they showed, it's that they showed it...there's no need to be cynical towards those who are genuinely excited about what we did get...

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
For anyone that'll care, this video has footage of early Mega Man 4 stages. You get to see that Sphinx in Pharaohman's stage that was cut out of the final version.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Nintendo revealed some footage from the upcoming Champions' Ballad BotW DLC pack coming later this year.

It seems that this DLC takes place after the game ends. If that's the case, the only way I can see them expanding on the Champions at this point is through more flashbacks and dialogues.

The lobster shirt from Windwaker will also be releasing in the Champions' Ballad DLC pack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom