• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Just found a gif that accurately sums up how the Splatoon 2 tag on Tumblr is currently like:

Source

Marina is gaining popularity really quickly.

Tough, I could also see Kagura, sword aside, his personality and his gameplay could fit very well with the world of Tekken)
Not gonna lie, but Kagura would be a pretty cool addition to Tekken if they can make him work. He's one of my favorite BlazBlue characters personality-wise, and I'd love to see what kind of interactions he would have with the others, especially when it comes to his flirting.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Any of you FE Heroes players out there might find this SP grinding trick useful.

I'm too tired to just explain it myself so have a video that already does.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Finally got around to see the Splat Tim 2 Direct. Really good from what I saw. Basically Splat Tim 1 but buffed up. Can't find the Splatfest demo on the eShop, though.

And my, oh my, Marina! I already like her more than the Squid Sisters (sorry Marie :(). Pearl I don't give a carp about.

Speaking of pretty girls, I just bought Blaster Master Zero basically for my gal Shantae. Any reason I can't find the Shovel Knight DLC?
Cause it's out in like August. Also thanks for reminding me about Shantae.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Just found a gif that accurately sums up how the Splatoon 2 tag on Tumblr is currently like:

Source

Marina is gaining popularity really quickly.

Not gonna lie, but Kagura would be a pretty cool addition to Tekken if they can make him work. He's one of my favorite BlazBlue characters personality-wise, and I'd love to see what kind of interactions he would have with the others, especially when it comes to his flirting.
First of all:

FINALLY, SOMEONE ANSWERED ONE OF MY POST TODAY. I CAN FINALLY GO TO SLEEP IN PEACE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-

Second of all:
I also really like Kagura personality, for a world as crappy as the world of Blazblue. It's nice to see some character being as positif as Kagura, even is flirting dialogue are great to me. And writing that kind of dialogue without making the character obxonious or boring is really a testament of Kagura character.

Also, his stance-Guile playstyle could go well in Tekken. Especially his different stance, I could see him as a character with a ton of option. But using all of them would be pretty hard due to how slow Kagura would be to balance his strength. But if you know what move in what stance to use at the right moment, then you could a very terrifying character to fight but fair to fight and fun to play.

Or you could make his character a joke like Eddie, RIP Eddie Storyline.:drsad:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Honestly the Splatfest makes no sense.

Cake vs. Pie would have made more sense.

Ice cream is gonna body cake. lol
In votes, sure.

In practice Splatfests are usually weighted in a way that results in a higher proportion of good players on the smaller team and the less popular team winning. With the insane waifu wars going on in particular, Pearl is probably gonna sweep Splatfests for the forseeable future.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pearl and Marina are pretty cool.

I do hope Callie and Marie won't be upstaged though. I also hope that Pearl and Marina have some plot relevance.

What do you guys think about the plot?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm seeing how tge internet is reacting to Marina...

Its Twintelle all over again...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm kind of confused though.

Marina is clearly an Octoling.

But Octolings are still on bad terms with Inklings if the single player is anything to go by.

So... what gives? Is Marina an exception or, what?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

But Octolings are still on bad terms with Inklings if the single player is anything to go by.

We had a Sunken Scroll for the Squid Sisters backstory and there was nothing deep there. We're likely gonna get at LEAST a tidbit from a Sunken Scroll in Splatoon 2's single player.

Those little scrolls have a lot of interesting stuff to cover, come to think of it. . .

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Some people are actually saying that Off the Hook might be evil or have ties to DJ Octavio.

I mean, it'd be interesting, but I dunno if Nintendo would make those two characters villains. Marina, in particular, seems too nice.

Pearl, on the other hand...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
On the Sonic stream, they were asked about showing a cutscene sneak peek of Sonic Forces and said they might do it. Be sure to make your voice heard if you want to see it.

Also they got Takashi Iizuka on the stream which was pretty cool. And Hoshino-san was apparently the voice of Elliot in the original NiGHTS.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I love Pearl because she reminds me of my one true love YoLandi Visser.

Warning for anyone who looks up Die Antwoord, it's weird and NSFW.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some people are actually saying that Off the Hook might be evil or have ties to DJ Octavio.

I mean, it'd be interesting, but I dunno if Nintendo would make those two characters villains. Marina, in particular, seems too nice.

Its also worth noting that she won't disclose her background, while Marina is all for it. The Plot thickens...

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Why is Nintendo trying to make me like seafood.

Man, weird how the two best girls are both green and have names starting with Mari.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Maybe they're slowly becoming friendly.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Why is Nintendo trying to make me like seafood.

Man, weird how the two best girls are both green and have names starting with Mari.
You are severely missing out if you don't like seafood...

Crab meat>>>>>>>>>everything else...

Also...
Callie>>>>>>>>Marie

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I now most people here aren't Attack on Titan fans, but just to throw it out there, Funimation has confirmed AoT Season 3 will air in Spring 2018.

Not too surprising since Spring is when AoT seasons have started in the past.

In other news, I learned Chuggaaconroy has finally started a Let's Play for Mario & Luigi: Partner's in Time. He started the playthrough almost precisely two years since his LP of Superstar Saga ended.

Looks like I'll be back to watching Chuggaaconroy again. I have fond memories of Partners in Time, even if it wasn't my favorite in the M&L series.

Last edited:

Chrono.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
CAPCOM C&D-ED A GREAT ACE ATTORNEY ENGLISH PATCH
HAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHA
hahaha
ha

I made myself sad Q.Q
English version confirmed they said hopefully.
Arc System character crossing over to Tekken 7?

If it's a BlazBlue character, I know three good candidates for that:

Azrael, Bullet, and Naoto are all melee-oriented fighters. Naoto was even the protagonist in one of the BlazBlue spinoffs, so he has that going for him as well.
Azrael seems likely.

ArcSys love the guy, he's popular and he'd fit like a glove.

Bullet could work (I honestly expect the ArcSys character to be female), I like Naoto from what I've seen but idk.

This is my problem with Pearl. Her art looks fine, but in game she looks... Well...

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Marina has sort of a nervous look on her face.

She's probably just trying to fit in with the Inklings, even though her race and the Inklings are not on good terms.

Bless her heart.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm honestly disappointed the MarinaPearl isn't a pun like calamari.
Marina is a synonym of Harbour.

And since like with splatoon 1 having Callie on the left and Marie on the right.

Pearl is on the left and Marina is on the right.

Pearl Harbour.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Maybe they're slowly becoming friendly.
Thinking about it, doesn't the first game actually state that inkopolosis is not aware of the octarian threat?

It was all underground and never reached the surface. Therefore it seems they were forgotten and most people didn't think much of the race or view them as a threat as it seems they stopped showing up.

And since like with splatoon 1 having Callie on the left and Marie on the right.

Pearl Harbour.
Oh no....

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Then again usually the folks that flash these kind of looks act sugary sweet beforehand to make it more jarring. Pearl's not even remotely putting up even a public face of that, so she's probably just trying to go for an "edgy" look and accidentally whiffing into serial killer eyes.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You are severely missing out if you don't like seafood...

Crab meat>>>>>>>>>everything else...

Also...
Callie>>>>>>>>Marie
I live in a very seafood-centric place, my father is a fisherman, my grandfather is a fisherman, seafood is a staple here.

I hate seafood.

I'm not missing out on anything, the smell alone is enough to induce a gag reflex.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I live in a very seafood-centric place, my father is a fisherman, my grandfather is a fisherman, seafood is a staple here.

I hate seafood.

I'm not missing out on anything, the smell alone is enough to induce a gag reflex.

Well, ****taste confirmed....

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I'm taking a guess and maybe Marina was raised by the Inkling people.

I also think she was possibly bullied and picked on growing up for being an Octoling.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Pearl Harbour.
Sure is an interesting thing for a Japanese company to name characters in their kid friendly game which is popular in the US...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Blaster Master Zero is pretty neat so far.

And I'm loving all the details they gave Shantae in the game with plenty of her series' references (and she transforms into a mutant too!). CUTE!

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Chrono.

RIP Pearl tbh there's no saving her from these memes.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
RIP Pearl tbh there's no saving her from these memes.
There's also people comparing her to Chucky.

I'd post a Tweet showing it but it contains the word ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom