• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Alright, let's boot up this demo!

. . .

Oh my gosh, pump this game into my squiddin' VEINS.

Time to go vandalize not-Miiverse. >:D

So got to play ARMS after my friend came over

Tried motion controls with the friend, Pro Controller alone

Motion Controller: "wow this is super awkward. Even just trying to move is difficult, let alone aiming punches"

Pro controller at the start: wow this is awkward too. Moving is way simpler but I cant hit anything anymore"

Me after beating Hedlock: "well this is fun. I dont think I understand how to aim yet but when I find the trick this should be super fun"

Also Max Brass > all

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I wasn't planning on watching the Splatoon 2 direct, but everyone's reaction to Marina is really making me want to. I find it really cool how she's a non-villainous Octoling.

I feel like im going crazy

So MHA fandom really ****ing loves Froppy. I assume this is because of an episode I haven't seen yet.

Ive seen footage of it, but have not got to that point yet. Looking up the wiki shows characters from that episode have not debuted in the anime yet. . .at all. So I assume the episode hasn't aired yet. . . but then how the hell am I seeing footage of it and screencaps?

Does Froppy have a short or something? Is the episode in the twilight zone? Am I crazy?

EDIT looking up some of the footage from a scene says it's episode 13 . . .but episode 13 would be something completely different whether it's season 1 or 2. . .im confused

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's a trailer for Tekken Bowling for Tekken 7.

Do you see how strong that **** is?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I found Kid's Next Door, every episode online.

It's actually a pretty brilliant show if you look at all the details they thought of

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

So MHA fandom really ****ing loves Froppy. I assume this is because of an episode I haven't seen yet.

Ive seen footage of it, but have not got to that point yet. Looking up the wiki shows characters from that episode have not debuted in the anime yet. . .at all. So I assume the episode hasn't aired yet. . . but then how the hell am I seeing footage of it and screencaps?

Does Froppy have a short or something? Is the episode in the twilight zone? Am I crazy?

EDIT looking up some of the footage from a scene says it's episode 13 . . .but episode 13 would be something completely different whether it's season 1 or 2. . .im confused
There are 2 OVAs and Tsu got some focus in both, especially the second one

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
That's actually pretty neat that the Splatfest demo gives you a quick tutorial and let's you muck about in Inkopolis...

Of course you're not able to really do anything else cuz it's just a demo...but still neat....unlike the testfire/punch which let's you do literally nothing when the event isn't on...

Chrono.

That's actually pretty neat that the Splatfest demo gives you a quick tutorial and let's you muck about in Inkopolis...

Of course you're not able to really do anything else cuz it's just a demo...but still neat....unlike the testfire/punch which let's you do literally nothing when the event isn't on...
I would've liked to practice with the weapons at least.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's an interesting thought.

The Squid Sisters seem to take a lot of inspiration from Japanese pop idols. Their music is very happy and energetic, they have matching uniforms (that resemble Japanese pop idols) and aren't afraid to embrace the cutesy.

Off the Hook seems to be based on Western Pop groups. Their music is a bit more intense. They have a rap number (performed by Pearl). Their clothing is individualistic even if it fits a theme (GIANT ZIPPERS YA'LL). They also seem to have more of an edge with Marina's more sensual dancing and Pearl's in your face attitude.

Off the Hook and Squid Sisters are very interesting foils.

If the game doesn't end with one major combined number with all four, I'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

OVA and manga.

As I recall, she had some short, but sweet character development at the end of a future arc, and people really fell in love with the character from then on.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
I keep making fun of people in this thread's obsession with waifus but now that Marina exists I have to eat my words

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Nintendo seems to not only fond to females with blonde hair and big thighs... also dark skins...

Brace yourselves, Marina fanarts are coming...
But some artist play it fair though, they draw both Marina and Pearl
One of my favorite Splatoon fanart artist eromame nailed it. He is so good at drawing Octolings.

This is what I called a videogame announcement crossover fanart, Pearl wearing Doomfist gauntlet, which makes sense. Splatoon and Overwatch are both shooters afterall.

It seems that Off The Hook is called Tentacles in Japanese...oh boy...
Finally got around to see the Splat Tim 2 Direct. Really good from what I saw. Basically Splat Tim 1 but buffed up. Can't find the Splatfest demo on the eShop, though.

And my, oh my, Marina! I already like her more than the Squid Sisters (sorry Marie :(). Pearl I don't give a carp about.

Speaking of pretty girls, I just bought Blaster Master Zero basically for my gal Shantae. Any reason I can't find the Shovel Knight DLC?
Splatoon 2 not only uses fonts that looks similar to font from Spongebob, they now have a character that also has the same name from a character in Spongebob...
I am on team Marina too, but I also try to like Pearl too.She just looks a bit terrible in the game...
No changes need to be made to my favorite character
There isn't any change except Mineta turning into a girl... I have love--hate relationship with Mineta but if like this fanart, I'm actually fine with it.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Nintendo seems to not only fond to females with blonde hair and big thighs... also dark skins...
I would replace Riju with Urbosa in that image. Riju is cute, but when it comes to the attractive, dark-skin women comparison with those other characters, Urbosa definitely fits better.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Some people are actually saying that Off the Hook might be evil or have ties to DJ Octavio.

I mean, it'd be interesting, but I dunno if Nintendo would make those two characters villains. Marina, in particular, seems too nice.

Pearl, on the other hand...

Okay you cannot tell me she doesn't look like Chucky from this angle.
On another note, the Splatfest Demo is available for download! You're free to walk around the plaza after the tutorial!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pearl looks like an evil gnome king.

There I said it.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Pearl's forehead is so huge that you could place a big gem on i-wait.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well guys, the Pokemon marathon is canceled, because I accidently deleted my save file in Awakening, and it'll take me a while to beat this game.
...at least now I can properly train my units?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Rowlet is the cutest of the three starters, but in the end Popplio turned into the cute one.
Rowlet turned into the cool one.
And Litten turned heel; BAH GAWD, INCINEROAR WITH THE STEEL CHAIR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom