• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windstar

Banned via Warnings

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Im too inkult about Splatoon to make a bingo. But if you bomb me with its deepest lore I might try a Squidward themed one.
Whoops, did I miss a post asking to be squiducated on Splatoon's deepest lore?

Stay fresh squiddies, here goes!

>Splatoon takes place several 12,000 years after humanity and mammals in general went extinct from rising ocean levels

>One scientist froze his beloved cat in order for his pet to survive the event. . .for 10,000 years. Early records of Inkling turf wars from 2,000 years ago show an image of an animal with a familiar shape and fur pattern. . .

>Squids and a ton of other sea life somehow adapted to live on land in that timeframe

>Callie and Marie are actually cousins rather than sisters. They got their start in stardom from winning a Youth Folk-Singing Contest. They are also the granddaughters of Captain Cuttlefish from the original Splatoon's single player

>Inklings and Octarians used to get along, but sea levels rising even further caused them to begin fighting for territory in an event called the Great Turf War. Inklings are so lazy that they initially were losing from sleeping in too long, but after one of the Octarian's Great Octoweapons accidentally unplugged, the tide of battle turned in favor of the Inklings.

>The Splatoon single player consisted of the Octarians stealing the power source of Inkopolis, electric catfish called Zapfish, in order to power the now-deteriorating underground domes they had created and moved into after losing the Great Turf War and the player Inkling working to retrieve them

>At some point an Inkling found a grocercy store advertisement for tempura and the implications freaked them the heck out.

>The song Calamari Inkantation is inkredibly important to the culture of the Inklings to the point that nowdays it may as well be carved into their DNA. It seems to have something of an effect on Octarians as well, all things considered. . .

This covers quite a bit of ground between Splatoon and Splatoon 2: https://splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/#prologue

>Salmon Run is a mode where you fight traveling colonies of Salmonids, almost half-evolved looking salmon at home both in the ocean and on land that salvage material to create their own tech. Oddly, you seem to be employed to fight them by a bear, which seems very interesting considering some of the above info. . .

>L'il Judd now shows up to judge matches and sits atop Judd on their spot in Inkopolis Square, which is. . .also very interesting considering the above. Never mind that Li'l Judd seems to have an identical fur pattern. . .

>There is also a street urchin . . .sea urchin in Splatoon that upgrades/tweaks your gear or. . ."obtains" more gear for you in Splatoon. He seems to have picked up a prodigy fanboy in Splatoon 2 that can tweak your gear more precisely than he could.

Have ur sweet lore

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Turns out a new trailer was released yesterday for the upcoming Pokemon movie:

Only two more weeks until the movie makes its debut in Japanese theaters.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Who made Tobin a sword user in Echoes? Noone I know so himbeing a sword user in Heroes makes no sense.
Dread Fighter Tobin is the best Tobin. Can't argue with a 90%+ crit rate. He's going to be the best unit in Heroes and everyone who doesn't reach that 30,000 point mark will regret it dearly. they probably won't because screw the Tempest Trials, but eh

D

Deleted member

Dread Fighter Tobin is the best Tobin. Can't argue with a 90%+ crit rate. He's going to be the best unit in Heroes and everyone who doesn't reach that 30,000 point mark will regret it dearly. they probably won't because screw the Tempest Trials, but eh
Killer Bow Tobin tho
Brave Sword's Arts aren't really reliable even if they boost the crit rate a little bit

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Killer Bow Tobin tho
Brave Sword's Arts aren't really reliable even if they boost the crit rate a little bit

Arts? Dread Fighter Tobin doesn't need any arts to get a 90% crit rate going (the Brave Sword's arts don't affect crit rate anyway). If you got lucky and found the Astra sword, he even hits 100% crit. Plus everyone makes Tobin an archer, it's so boring. I'd rather do something different and see if it works (though you can't really go wrong with Dread Fighters anyway).

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Who made Tobin a sword user in Echoes? Noone I know so himbeing a sword user in Heroes makes no sense.
Technically, everyone made him a sword user because he starts as one. :p

It makes more sense than Archer!Faye. At least Tobin can use a sword.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
A package I bought from Amazon says I'm getting ti tomorrow but yesterday at 6pm it checked in at Calgary which is only 3 hours away from me. So like what gives? Why can't I have it today?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Neil Druckmann from Naughty Dog posted something interesting.
A bunch of employees in the PlayStation family were sent those as gifts. Pretty cool. I've also seen fans make their own.

Speaking of Cresh

>when you nearly rage quit because you thought you got screwed over, but the game is like "chill fam, I gotchu"

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle is 2.3 GB in size and has amiibo support (reminder the Rabbid figurines are not amiibo)

What really catches my attention is that it supports Japanese but Japan doesn't get the game until 2018.

D

Deleted member

Arts? Dread Fighter Tobin doesn't need any arts to get a 90% crit rate going (the Brave Sword's arts don't affect crit rate anyway). If you got lucky and found the Astra sword, he even hits 100% crit. Plus everyone makes Tobin an archer, it's so boring. I'd rather do something different and see if it works (though you can't really go wrong with Dread Fighters anyway).
Killer Bow and Brave Sword give out the same crit rate. Hunter's Volley gives +10 crit. BK Tobin is going to reach a higher crit chance than DF Tobin, the Merc line Skl base is negligible compared to a flat +10 boost

And really, anyone makes a good Dread Fighter
You could turn Clive into one and he'd likely end up winning a dungeon spot at the very least
>opo is like onions

Oh, you leave him out in the sun, he get all brown, start sproutin' little white hairs...
Nah, it means that cutting Opossum makes you cry.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Brave U. S. soldier liberates poverty-stricken city from terrorists using nothing but apples.

IMG_20170703_214021.jpg

D

Deleted member

I'm sorry but I can't hear you over the sound of clanging scales from Velociraptors that are two meters high

Nope, all raptors definitely have feathers. I mean, they had scales too, but mostly feathers.

Last edited by a moderator:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Sigh, it's tough to moderate a Discord group.

It's been quite difficult these last few days.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
anyone know if gamestop takes 360 kinects? ive had one lying around for years and i want to trade in stuff since they're doing a mildly reasonable deal on games and accessories this week

it still sucks because they rip you off if you try to get cash & i want to spend this money on things ill actually use

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Killer Bow and Brave Sword give out the same crit rate. Hunter's Volley gives +10 crit. BK Tobin is going to reach a higher crit chance than DF Tobin, the Merc line Skl base is negligible compared to a flat +10 boost
A fully forged Brave Sword gives +40 crit. A fully forged Killer Bow is +30 crit, while Hunter's Volley is +10 more, meaning both weapons give +40 crit total. So Dread Fighter Tobin will always have a higher crit rate than Bow Knight Tobin, because of the Mercenary's higher base Skill. The Archer line does give him 5% higher Skill growth than the Mercenary, but that isn't enough to make up the difference unless you're grinding him up to level 20 before promoting from Villager (which I personally think is a waste of time in Echoes, no matter the class).

Assuming you promote him as soon as possible in all cases, DF Tobin will have an average of 26.7 Skill at level 20, while as BK his average Skill at level 20 is 22.9. Adding in his average Luck at that level of 14.5 (same for both classes), and his supports (+15 crit total from Gray and Alm), DF Tobin will have a total of 75% crit, while BK Tobin achieves 73%. It's only a 2% difference, but we're dealing with the RNG so every extra 1% helps.

If you got the Astra sword, that gives +50 crit, so in that case DF Tobin would have 85% crit, but that relies on you getting lucky with like 0.005% drop rates or something.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I went to a flea market on foot to kill some time and I ended finding some nice Turn Left diecasts to buy, the thing is that said market is outdoors, and is +40ºC outside.

*cue me running home with a blistering hot Jeff Gordon car on my hands.*

The car being flame themed made it even more fitting.

D

Deleted member

Holy ****, I really liked the first ep of Fate/Apocrypha. No one hour intro episode but they did the introductions at a good pace. Also means I don't have to go "yeah, it's good but there's one hour of talking" when recommending it.
And they somehow made the action scenes even speedier.
Doesn't look as good or smooth as ufotable's versions(I mean, apmost nothing does) but still pretty clean and pretty, so far it seems like A-1 is doing a good job.

I like Sisigo and Caster of Black, then again, they're one of the few who got any focus on
Erureido Erureido
Are they talking about who I think they are talking about?
Screenshot_2017-07-03-18-36-00.png

Is Shirou really that priest?

And damn these parallels
Screenshot_2017-07-03-18-43-45.png

Mordred looks like Arturia's edgy teenage phase, which I think is literally what she is

Screenshot_2017-07-03-18-44-48.png

Oh hey Jeanne.
I hear she's a dork so I'll probably like her.

Can't wait for OP next week.
Or to go back to me going "who the **** is this guy" because my historical figures knowledge is limited to "actual real people" and "Arthurian mythos because I'm his her *****"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom