• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Holy ****, I really liked the first ep of Fate/Apocrypha. No one hour intro episode but they did the introductions at a good pace. Also means I don't have to go "yeah, it's good but there's one hour of talking" when recommending it.
And they somehow made the action scenes even speedier.
Doesn't look as good or smooth as ufotable's versions(I mean, apmost nothing does) but still pretty clean and pretty, so far it seems like A-1 is doing a good job.

I like Sisigo and Caster of Black, then again, they're one of the few who got any focus on
Erureido Erureido
Are they talking about who I think they are talking about?
View attachment 131327
Is Shirou really that priest?

And damn these parallels
View attachment 131328
Mordred looks like Arturia's edgy teenage phase, which I think is literally what she is

View attachment 131329
Oh hey Jeanne.
I hear she's a dork so I'll probably like her.

Can't wait for OP next week.
Or to go back to me going "who the **** is this guy" because my historical figures knowledge is limited to "actual real people" and "Arthurian mythos because I'm his her *****"

No, the priest is not the Shirou Emiya we know from the Fate series, nor is it Archer Emiya. It's an entirely different Shiro.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
anyone know if gamestop takes 360 kinects? ive had one lying around for years and i want to trade in stuff since they're doing a mildly reasonable deal on games and accessories this week
I haven't heard anything about them NOT taking them, so I would assume they would. They still take Xbox 360 stuff as far as I'm aware, since it was a popular consoles so a lot of people have stuff for it lying around.

-------

Just beat Crash 3 in N. Sane Trilogy. While I did try to get as much as I can in each game, I didn't go for 100% in my first run through since it requires backtracking and I wanted to see the "bad" endings anyway.

I've played more than enough to give some thoughts on the game though.

-Graphics in general are just really outstanding. I know this is an overused term, but this really is a strong example of "Pixar-esque games" in terms of how it looks.

-This is a bit odd as I usually don't think about this much in games, but the sound design is really good in this game. While there are a few examples of sound effects that don't have the same oomph as in the original games, most of it is much better. The "generic" sound effects and environmental noises sound really nice. Never has sneakers running along concrete or sliding on the floor sounded so satisfying.

-Voice acting is really great too. Of course, these aren't very story driven games, but I generally think everyone sounds better than how they did in the original games. We don't hear her talk much, but Coco was probably the highlight for me (as was Lex Lang's Cortex but that was a given). Debi Derryberry is perfect for the role, she makes her sound so adorable, but also gives her enough attitude to stand out. Not to discredit how she originally sounded but even if her new voice debuted with the "dark age of Crash", she still provides a great Coco that sounds a lot more expressive and memorable than her voice from the original games.

-The animations are fantastic, and there are just SO many between Crash and Coco. Coco doesn't get as many death animations as Crash (usually for the more gruesome ones Crash would have like getting eaten or fried, Coco just defaults to the angel animation), but the ones they do have are pretty great. They play around with her personality a lot, where instead of being dumbfounded like Crash usually is, Coco does things like stare in disgust at the player sometimes when you die or fail to get gems in Crash 1, or seems more fed up or annoyed than anything. She also has an insane amount of detail to her idle animations and such too (one of my favourites is, when you get a crystal and come back to the Warp Room, she sometimes turns her laptop INTO a crystal and adds it to your tally). There's a lot of little touches too like Crash and Aku Aku's volleyball animation or, if you leave Coco in the Time Twister in Crash 3 and let Crash do his idle animations beside her, she actually reacts to them (like doing the Crash Dance alongside him). The cutscenes also look fantastic, especially the intros in Crash 2 and Crash 3. Suffice to say, the presentation is pretty much spot on.

-My only real gripe with the presentation is that due to the three games being essentially different level packs in the same package now, you miss out on certain things from the originals, like the unique title screens and unique credits sequences. They all share the same title screen and credits sequence. This makes finishing the games feel a little underwhelming. I watched the credits sequence when I beat Crash 1 (though it's super boring and basic so there's no need), but skipped it for Crash 2 and Crash 3 since they have the exact same one now.

-Gameplay is where things get a bit complex. Overall, it's really good. Vicarious Visions did do a great job of recreating the general feel and mechanics of the original Crash games. However, there is a major issue I have - the unified physics. See, the original games each had different physics to them, and their levels were designed around that. For N. Sane Trilogy though, the developers decided to unify the physics, basically making them like Crash 3's physics and applying them to Crash 1 and 2. This is good on paper since it means you no longer have to adapt to the different physics between all three games. But the problem with this is that each game's levels were originally designed with that game's physics in mind. So even though VV have perfectly recreated the level geometry, having new physics in Crash 1 and 2 can break their level design at times, and overall, I actually think Crash 1 and 2 are harder than they originally were (just in terms of pure platforming, Crash 1 has those quality of life improvements that make it much more forgiving though). There are a lot more situations where you can only make jumps by jumping RIGHT at the edge. In Crash 2, there are jumps I used to be able to more than get across using a standard jump, but now those same jumps are basically impossible without slide jumping. It also seems like Crash and the various enemies now have pill-shaped hitboxes as opposed to cube-shaped ones like in the original games. This means you have to be more accurate with your jumps on enemies. The biggest problem comes with tight ledges though. You can now land right on the edge of a platform, but start slipping off, and you will die if you don't jump again to get firmly on the ground. Platforming is tight enough as is at times so this is a frustrating issue to have, and feels a bit sloppy. It can also happen when bouncing on crates or trampoline enemies. Crash 3 is pretty unaffected by these issues since the physics of N. Sane Trilogy are based off of that game, and because of that, I had the most fun with that game as the level design worked properly with the physics. Personally, I hope they can patch the game to fix up these issues (and a few other miscellaneous bugs). At the very least, they should change the hit boxes since they cause blatantly unfair deaths more than anything. These issues will bother players of the original games more than newcomers, so I can live with a few jumps being a bit harder, but the hitbox thing will frustrate everyone.

Regardless, I had fun with all three games and still commend VV for their efforts. Crash couldn't be in better hands.

D

Deleted member

No, the priest is not the Shirou Emiya we know from the Fate series, nor is it Archer Emiya. It's an entirely different Shiro.
Then why do they have the same name? Shirou IS his first name, right?
I mean, he even has the black-skin-white-hair aesthetic, c'mon!
Whoever wrote Apocrypha just wants to make my head hurt

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Paging @Coricus.

There's a listing now for The Art of Splatoon, dropping July 11.

Cool, I'll add you when I'm done helping around the house.

Need some people to face in ARMS.
ARMS you say.

Have you added me yet?

most people here aren't hyped for Splatoon 2.
Poll says 56 of us are buying it.

That's half the takers.

We're half fresh.

But question, are those masters on Discs? Because if so, theory still holds water.
Lateral thinking with withered technology.

They're probably on punchcards.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Then why do they have the same name? Shirou IS his first name, right?
I mean, he even has the black-skin-white-hair aesthetic, c'mon!
Whoever wrote Apocrypha just wants to make my head hurt

If I were talk more about that Shirou in Fate/Apocrypha and who his identity really is, I would be reaching spoiler territory.

Shiro Kotomine was a servant that was summoned in the Third Holy Grail war (this one took place in an alternate universe from the Fate/Stay Night universe), and his real identity is Amakusa Shiro Tokisada, the teenage leader of the Shimabara Rebellion. Shiro was one of the survivors of that war alongside Risei Kotomine, and Risei Kotomine adopted him, hence how Shiro gets the Kotomine surname, becomes a member of the Church, and eventually becomes a master himself.

That's the basic gist of Shiro Kotomine and how he ends up in Greater Holy Grail war as a master. I'm not too familiar with Shiro Kotomine either, but The Type-Moon wiki should tell you everything you need to know.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah, animal abuse is ****ing hilarious. :rolleyes:
Uh...

Opo.

She's laughing that the animal got the last laugh and THAT's why she laughed.

Comprehend what she wrote.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh...

Uh..

I take it back then.

Yeah that is kind of sketchy...

Last edited:
For that gamestop deal im going to try and return like 40+ games

PS3, X360, Wii, Wii U, 3ds and even a PC game

Hope I make some decent money. . .
At the very least I should be able to get ARMS for "free"

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I mentioned I had problems with how the physics in Crash 1 and 2 being like Crash 3 sort of breaks the level design those games had in N. Sane Trilogy. A Crash speedrunner did a quick comparison that demonstrates the difference.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokemon pearl (DS) trade in Value: $18.70

Pokemon X (3ds) Trade in Value: $9.90
Source: gamestop's online site

Wat
Proof that X and Y were not good. They only had good shiny hunting methods going for them.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Pokemon pearl (DS) trade in Value: $18.70

Pokemon X (3ds) Trade in Value: $9.90
Source: gamestop's online site

Wat
Older, for an older system, more affected by mishaps, harder to get ahold of, probably a comparatively lower print run.

And, most importantly, subject to GameStop's trade-in douchebaggery.

[EDIT]; I have no idea if that should or shouldn't be censored. Quick test.

Douchebag.

[EDIT 2]: Douchebag is apparently acceptable speech.

I solemnly swear to use this newfound power and therefore responsibility for purely juvenile purposes.

Douchebag douchebag douchebag.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh...

Uh..

I take it back then.

Yeah that is kind of sketchy...
I mean hell, if you have the right at attack a dog back when its attacking you and your pet, you have the right to do anything to protect your pet duck and her babies
It is a bit.

So is this:

I like how its apparently male but its also a girl

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean hell, if you have the right at attack a dog back when its attacking you and your pet, you have the right to do anything to protect your pet duck and her babies

Except there's a difference between shooing something away and bashing it over the head with a board.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Except there's a difference between shooing something away and bashing it over the head with a board.
Eh *shrugs*
I guess I think differently then yall. Because you have the right to also hit or in some cases(bolded this because I know some peeps will look it over) kill a dog if its attacking

But lets agree to disagree

Last edited:
So i've failed Calculus twice before. Long story short, I was an idiot in bad times

I took it a 3rd time, as much as I didn't want to because i needed it. I got my grade back today. . .

I got an A

Hell ****ing yes. Getting an A ina class I failed twice, in a 5 week session feels ****ing amazing.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
They scribbled "Fe-" in the margins above it.

Probably took em a minute to check its junk.

So i've failed Calculus twice before. Long story short, I was an idiot in bad times

I took it a 3rd time, as much as I didn't want to because i needed it. I got my grade back today. . .

I got an A

Hell ****ing yes. Getting an A ina class I failed twice, in a 5 week session feels ****ing amazing.
I know that feeling. Failed it three times myself.

Grats man.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

I got an A

The Variable of Jericho, Integrate it, maaaaaaaan!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Apparently at Anime EXPO, Roosterteeth somewhat confirmed that a RWBY fighting game is in development.

According to people at the panel, they talked about EVO and told people to "keep their eyes open."

I do recall hearing that the creator of BlazBlue wanted to make a RWBY game, so hopefully Arc System is involved.

Apparently at Anime EXPO, Roosterteeth somewhat confirmed that a RWBY fighting game is in development.

According to people at the panel, they talked about EVO and told people to "keep their eyes open."

I do recall hearing that the creator of BlazBlue wanted to make a RWBY game, so hopefully Arc System is involved.
>Arc Sys makes DBZ fighterz
"wow they went right after my tastes
>Arc Sys makes a RWBY fighting game
WHAT

DBZ fighterz is too much fighting game for me as is, RWBY fighterZ would be just mean. . .
especailly because neither would come to Switch and make me even more sad.

also source?

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

RvB guest character or riot

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I finally caught up with the Sun and Moon anime.

Olivia gets far more characterization in a span of a single episode than she did in the games. In the anime, we learn that she bonds with Pokemon really well. She can calm down aggressive Pokemon with ease (demonstrated with the Tauros scene at the beginning of the episode), and she can make shy Pokemon warm up quickly (demonstrated with the way she bonds with Ash's Litten).

We also learn she is clumsy and trips often (high-heel sandal problems, that's why). She even trips from the boat Ash and co. are traveling on and falls into the ocean, but she doesn't mind it at all and decides to swim around the sea for a period of time to examine some Water Pokemon. Ash happily joins her as well, and they eventually run into a Wailmer who is stuck between two rocks. The Wailmer ends up there because it was affected from Bruxish's headache-inducing attack. Ash and Olivia free the Wailmer, but they have to retreat temporarily when the Bruxish swims nearby. Olivia manages to scare the Bruxish with the help of her Midday Lycanroc. Then, she, Ash, Kiawe, and Lana proceed to help the injured Wailmer, who has now started to sink to the ocean floor because it can't think clearly from the confusion. They manage to bring the Pokemon to the surface with the added help of Popplio's balloon, and Olivia helps the Wailmer ingest some medicine. The Wailmer recovers and swims off.

Although it was first revealed in the episode where Ash visits Kiawe's farm, Kiawe and Olivia already knew each other before Olivia visited the school. Kiawe previously fought Olivia in the Akala Grand Island Trial to receive his Z-ring. Because the two know each other, Olivia hugs him when she runs into him again.

^Kiawe is a really lucky guy.

As for the following episode, Olivia gives Ash and co. the first activity they will do on Akala Island: a game where they ride Stoutlands to find treasure, and the rarer the treasure one finds, the more points he/she accumulates. Kiawe manages to find fossils with his Stoutland, Mallow finds a giant Tamato Berry and some mushrooms with hers, Sophocles finds a Star Piece, and Ash finds all four colored shards with his klutzy Stoutland.

This leaves Lillie and Lana. Lillie struggles to hop onto the Stoutland because of her fear of Pokemon, so her main goal is to simply hop on it. It is a struggle at first, but by the end of the episode, she finally rides it. This is another sign of character development from Lillie as we see her touch another Pokemon that isn't her Alola Vulpix or Ash's Pikachu.

Lana willingly chooses the Stoutland that is the least cooperative and doesn't like riding very much. She struggles at first as the Stoutland prefers to do it's one thing and eat berries, but the Pokemon finally bonds with Lana after it saves her from a Garbodor she accidentally runs into. The Stoutland eventually finds a Z-ring stone within a cave. Lana wins the treasure contest because of it, and Olivia even decides to make the stone into a Z-ring. That means... Lana has officially received a Z-ring. Watch out, Kiawe and Ash! You two aren't the only ones now to have Z-rings!

Go watch episodes 31 and 32 if you haven't already. Lana's characterization was great, and so was Lillie's gradual character development. If you didn't like/care for Olivia in the games, the anime will change it for the better. Back when I played the games, Olivia was my least favorite of the Kahunas because she felt under-developed compared to the other Kahunas. Now, I can say the anime definitely gave me a much better opinion of Olivia. Yes, the anime makes Olivia into "waifu" material in her debut episode, but we learn more about Olivia's character there than what the games told us of her.

And yes, Ash and co. are officially in Akala Island for these next batch of episodes.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Oh don't tell me you never saw something that was classified as animal abuse and didn't laugh.

Hippo criticals. :rolleyes:
That doesn't change whether or not something is wrong. Though, judging by the second line, I suppose you're just joking? Even then, it's a poor joke.

Edit: Mirrors Edge is on!

edit 2: I feel bad for the speedrunner, he sounds so annoyed by the other guy's "jokes".

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just make it exclusive to the Xbox and Windows 10 versions of the game.
I was going to say that "then I wouldn't be able to shoot confetti at everyone with Freckles while others would", but then I realized that it would mean Steam would get it. Crisis averted. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom