• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Did another Summon in Fate/Grand Order:

No 4-star Servants and a bunch of servants I already have, but check it out: I got 2 Lancer Cu Chulain! That's really great for me since he was one of the servants I wanted to pull the most.

I only wish he was a 4-star servant this time around. I'm guessing he's not too good of a servant compared to the other popular ones, but I think I will use for the time being as my 4th servant. The others I'm using right now are Saber Siegfried, Archer Emiya, and Berserker Heracles.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
X_Twist3.gif

This is the final version I'm going to do tonight

X_Twist.gif

This was the original I made this morning. The speed doesn't matter I can change it to whatever I want at will. But the real thing is the animation itself actually looks like it's looping now

LITERALLY took all day

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
BANNED

OUT. NOW!

Croix may have had a noble goal but I wouldn't say that justifies her actions: she almost started a war for ****'s sake. Still, I really liked her and it's not like she was PURE EVULZ, she just went down the slippery slope too much after Chariot becoming the Chosen One.

She did shoot the moon and that likely required a lot of Dream Fuel Spirit from the entire crowd.

Trigger likes to make the first half of a series rather simple and down-to-earth at least relatively speaking(like KlK's first half) but then comes the second one and they go all "U MOTHER****ERS EVER HEARD OF ROCK 'N ROLL????" and by the end of the series, the whole world is about to be destroyed and it ends in space with lesbians receiving a Last Hour Powerup

You mean Chariox? That doesn't explain why Dianakko is the best tho
Still second best pairing

**** you you're not my dad
I didn't say it was justified, I meant that was the kind of villain they were going for
She said she only used it that once so idk
You should see Inferno Cop then. It's not rock n roll in the second half, it's death metal through and through
No. I meant the mech Constanze and Akko made. That mech is quite literally the best ship in the show, which other ships become Gurren Lagann?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Did another Summon in Fate/Grand Order:

No 4-star Servants and a bunch of servants I already have, but check it out: I got 2 Lancer Cu Chulain! That's really great for me since he was one of the servants I wanted to pull the most.

I only wish he was a 4-star servant this time around. I'm guessing he's not too good of a servant compared to the other popular ones, but I think I will use for the time being as my 4th servant. The others I'm using right now are Saber Siegfried, Archer Emiya, and Berserker Heracles.
Star rating doesn't determine overall usefulness by what I heard. All Servants have a set level they can go to when they ascend, but they all can reach Level 100 thanks to the collectable Grails for something called Grand Ascension. By what I heard, it's ultimately their skills, their hidden stats and Team setups that determine their usefulness.
And I heard that Cu Chulainn is actually a good early Servant and becomes a real cockroach to defeat when he gets his Ascensions and skill upgrades.
-Not only does he get a lot of health that beats even some 4-stars max health, but he starts out with Guts, which in a span of 5 turns, gives him back health once should he reach 0 health in those 5 turns.
-When he ascends, he gets Protection from Arrows, which not only allows him to evade up to 3 attacks total(with no turn limit), but it also increases his Defense for 3 turns at the same time.
-When he ascends again, he gets Disengage, which removes all Debuffs and gives him back Health.

Supposedly, he's the star of many last stand stories of JP players, who got left with him as the last survivor against a tough boss and he manages to survive and finish off the boss. But that's just what I've heard while browsing sites like Reddit while trying to get the ups-and-downs and learning the mechanics and whatnot for the game.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Today I tried to discover the wonders of yoga.
>Attempts to do some stretching
>I twist my shoulder
>Shoulder does a cracking sound and I feel fluid coming from the bones.

Yeah, not trying it anymore. :V
Yeah, you should prob go see a doctor, that doesn't sound good.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Finally fired up BotW again, and decided to take my Nicepants run into Master Mode.

The rules are simple. No upgrades. No Beasts. No pants.

Cleared the plateau, having a blast. Got some more detailed notes from the run, but I'm going to tuck them in the interests of keeping things...

upload_2017-7-3_3-2-7.png

...brief.

First impressions from the plateau.

Mostly feels a lot like someone warned Ganon and he got a head start on reinforcing his troops.

Staying away from monsters in the very early game is wise. Luckily I've been good at that for a while. With a Traveller's Claymore (dmg 10) I can one-shot Sneakstrike sleeping Blue Bokoblins. Catching them at night and being careful with the stick let me wipe a whole camp this way.

Weapon conservation isn't actually too big a deal - going into fights properly is. Most commonly-available weapon on the plateau is the Boko Club, and it takes several of those to put down even a single blue, but if you keep on them then you can use one club to start them and their own (when they drop it) to finish them. Nighttime is even better - undead Bokos are just as easy to kill as ever, and drop weapons and their arms to restock. None of it's great, but it works in a pinch. As long as you don't get mobbed and come in packing a few different whacking sticks it's fairly smooth sailing.

With regenerating health in play, bomb cheesing is no longer very effective. I really liked bomb cheesing - the tedium was typically outweighed by the joy of sending oblivious Bokos flying when they came to examine the pretty blue balls. Bright side, they're still plenty useful for general destruction, lumber gathering, and fishing.

Traps such as boulders and explosive barrels no longer get the job done effectively as well, and require quick followups to finish the job before the survivors regenerate.

Generally critical shots with a bow have proven most effective. Three or four well-placed nose piercings from a Spiked Boko Bow (dmg 12) take out a blue. One can take out a scout on a tower. There's two Spiked Boko Bows available from the morons right outside Oman Au; one arrow to any of the balloons on a given platform is all it takes to collect, because even Master Mode Bokoblins don't know what water wings are.

Food is going to be very important this run. Without pants, I won't be able to put together full-resistance sets for things like heat and cold. Without upgrades, my health and stamina bars will be negligible. Securing farming locations for Endura and Hearty foods will be one of my first priorities. It'll probably be best to handle heat and cold resistances with elixirs if hat + shirt doesn't work. I'll probably need some elixirs or foods to shore up my defenses as well, at least until the Champion's Tunic is up to the task.

The reports of Lynel infestation have been greatly exaggerated. There's only a few, in the middle of nowhere, and simple enough to work around. Sure, you still don't want to fight them, but if you get caught by them, you have ****ed up. No excuses.

No stamina upgrades really, really, really sucks. Million times worse than only three hearts. Bright side, it's almost horse time.[/spoiler[

Today I tried to discover the wonders of yoga.
>Attempts to do some stretching
>I twist my shoulder
>Shoulder does a cracking sound and I feel fluid coming from the bones.

Yeah, not trying it anymore. :V
Damn.

See a doc, dude.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

To my European of traveled friends of other nations...

What do you think of Spaniards?

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nintenzone 5: Go to the doctor, Yantra.

Im fine; shoulder has been clunky since a gym accident I had years ago. It cracks from time to time. But I admit this crack was extra ugly.

Thanks for worrying tho. I appreciate that.~

----

I noticed the small layout change @Warchamp7

Looks kinda odd on desktop, but it looks really cool on phone imo.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So we got details of the new Tempest Trials in FE Echoes. It SoV themed - Summoning Focus characters are Alm, Faye, Mae, and Boey. The prize character is Tobin, who is a sword user.

Kinda hoped he would be an archer because I still haven't gotten another 5-Star archer, but it will be interesting to see how he is as a sword unit. Wonder if he might end up better than Alm? :p

Or maybe he'll be "Alm's stats but with no default skills and no Falchion".

D

Deleted member

So I was just watching a compilation video of all of Shadows of Valentia's critical hit quotes, and I came to a realization.

...Grieth is pretty much the only major boss who doesn't have critical hit quotes. Desaix, Slayde, Nuibaba, Fernand. Berkut, Rudolf, and Jedah all have unique quotes, but Grieth doesn't.
Obviously this is only factoring in human bosses, so no Duma, Rinea, or Grima.
****ing Grieth was the second best of them and this is what he gets? IS has an anti-M. Bison agenda, I tell you!
**** you you're not my dad
I didn't say it was justified, I meant that was the kind of villain they were going for
She said she only used it that once so idk
You should see Inferno Cop then. It's not rock n roll in the second half, it's death metal through and through
No. I meant the mech Constanze and Akko made. That mech is quite literally the best ship in the show, which other ships become Gurren Lagann?
The only time she used that on her own accord was when she shot the moon and then disappeared(which was when her popularity started to go down after the lack of her more flashy magic)
Before that, she was already doing it even if she didn't know what it did(when Shiny Chariot popularity was rising like crazy).
Even if she didn't know about it, it must hurt like crazy, especially when one of the girls who watchdd it comes to the school you work in and talks about how she wants to be just like Chariot. Ep3 hurt a lot on rewatch because it was all about how Akko couldn't fly.

That's a bad ship, Dianakko saved the world and Charoix is
3faffa7a-481f-4ba3-b05e-3a3a4b3c5e9d.jpg

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I did a pull on the Alm banner.

None of the focus units, but...

Oooooh...

Hey Kagero. You'll be useful.

Also that extra Vantage 3 might go well with you.

Screenshot_20170703-102506.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
****ing Grieth was the second best of them and this is what he gets? IS has an anti-M. Bison agenda, I tell you!

The only time she used that on her own accord was when she shot the moon and then disappeared(which was when her popularity started to go down after the lack of her more flashy magic)
Before that, she was already doing it even if she didn't know what it did(when Shiny Chariot popularity was rising like crazy).
Even if she didn't know about it, it must hurt like crazy, especially when one of the girls who watchdd it comes to the school you work in and talks about how she wants to be just like Chariot. Ep3 hurt a lot on rewatch because it was all about how Akko couldn't fly.

That's a bad ship, Dianakko saved the world and Charoix is
View attachment 131265

EVERYONE MUST BLOCK SHISH FOR SAYING A PIRATE SHIP THAT TURNS INTO A ****ING GURREN LAGANN MECH IS NOT A GOOD SHIP

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently they are making some kind of live action thing of Static starring Jaden Smith

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Apparently they are making some kind of live action thing of Static starring Jaden Smith
Damn, it's been ages since we heard anything about this project.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Once I get 99 lives I will have gotten the Platinum trophy for Crash 3.

Kinda surprised at how I did for the time trials. I use to be able to get the platinum relics on the medieval levels easy but just couldn't now, however, I managed to get the platinum relic on Flaming Passion, a level a never get a relic for originally.

D

Deleted member

Oh hey, Netflix Brazil finally added One Punch Man.
>Has a Brazilian Dub
This is going to be either really good or really bad but is still an excuse to rewatch it
EVERYONE MUST BLOCK SHISH FOR SAYING A PIRATE SHIP THAT TURNS INTO A ****ING GURREN LAGANN MECH IS NOT A GOOD SHIP
That ship is not gay, thanks but no

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jayden's acting in it?

Static is doomed.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh hey, Netflix Brazil finally added One Punch Man.
>Has a Brazilian Dub
This is going to be either really good or really bad but is still an excuse to rewatch it

That ship is not gay, thanks but no

The only ship better than that is the Gokai Galleon. And why would a boat be gay?
Though technically one could say it's Akko x Constanze...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I JUST REALISED METEORA CALLS RUI A LOLICON IN THE RECAP EPISODE
SHE WAS PURE SAVAGE IN THAT EPISODE LIKE WHAT

Because there's either only ken or women in that ship

DON'T YOU DARE

Is it Ken, Evil Ken or Banana Ken?
Awwwww, @Prince Alucard look! Shish is getting upset about implications
Jayden's acting in it?

Static is doomed.
It was doomed ever since DC picked the IP up for DCEU tbh

D

Deleted member

Is it Ken, Evil Ken or Banana Ken?
Awwwww, @Prince Alucard look! Shish is getting upset about implications

It was doomed ever since DC picked the IP up for DCEU tbh
All types of men ken

Constanze should only be shipped with Jasminka, everything else is unnacveptabke
And when he replies to your post, I'm gonna bet my ass he's going to say something about the argument we were having
EXCUSE ME BUT DIAVOLO CLEARLY HAS TWO SOULS

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
All types of men ken

Constanze should only be shipped with Jasminka, everything else is unnacveptabke
And when he replies to your post, I'm gonna bet my *** he's going to say something about the argument we were having
EXCUSE ME BUT DIAVOLO CLEARLY HAS TWO SOULS

'unnavceptabke'
No. Shipping is wrong for those innocent cinnamon rolls
He has 2 souls? Is he David Cage? How does that work?

Alu's in the wrong with that argument if it's what I think it is though

D

Deleted member

'unnavceptabke'
It's Zebeitis and it's a medical condition
No. Shipping is wrong for those innocent cinnamon rolls
You need to ship the cinnamon rolls so they can arrive at their destination
The destiny is marriage
He has 2 souls? Is he David Cage? How does that work?
Alu's in the wrong with that argument if it's what I think it is though
"Splitting one soul into two souls makes more sense than there always being two souls"
This is basically it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's Zebeitis and it's a medical condition

You need to ship the cinnamon rolls so they can arrive at their destination
The destiny is marriage

"Splitting one soul into two souls makes more sense than there always being two souls"
This is basically it

I ci
But cinnamon rolls are too good to leave their homes
Oh. Then Alu's in the right after all

D

Deleted member

I ci
But cinnamon rolls are too good to leave their homes
Oh. Then Alu's in the right after all
Cinnamon rolls must be all over the world

No u
It's stupid, one soul can't become two it doesn't make any sense you dumb dumb

D

Deleted member

Not these ones. These ones are special
Then how do 2 personalities with very different physiques and ages share the same body
Too bad, shipping is already done and everyone is drawin art of them

Because they were always two souls
Alu's argument is that it's a simple Personality Disorder and that Polnareff splits ONE soul into TWO.
How do you call a summoning session where you only get the female clerics?

A cinnamon roll
I approve of this pun

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So you guys know how Nintendo is using cartridges with the Switch now and everything? I think I know one of the reasons why they switched back over from discs. So they can avoid disc rot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So you guys know how Nintendo is using cartridges with the Switch now and everything? I think I know one of the reasons why they switched back over from discs. So they can avoid disc rot.
Cartridges can hold more data now too iirc
Too bad, shipping is already done and everyone is drawin art of them

Because they were always two souls
Alu's argument is that it's a simple Personality Disorder and that Polnareff splits ONE soul into TWO.

I approve of this pun

Trigger said everyone can make fanfics and ****
Alu's right, but it wasn't Polna-Spotlight Stealer-reff

D

Deleted member

Cartridges can hold more data now too iirc

Trigger said everyone can make fanfics and ****
Alu's right, but it wasn't Polna-Spotlight Stealer-reff
But it's canon tho
The shipping is canon, not just fanfic

HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE????

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Anyone want to translate from Gwenish and Shoese?

Doubt they're concerned about that, honestly. They've got all the masters and probably have backup systems in place for them.

I like to think they did it to entice people to lick them.

Might just be me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
But it's canon tho
The shipping is canon, not just fanfic

HOW DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE????

Not until they kiss. And Gokai-Oh is a better ship as it's got cannons, Diakko does not

It just works
Anyone want to translate from Gwenish and Shoese?

Doubt they're concerned about that, honestly. They've got all the masters and probably have backup systems in place for them.

I like to think they did it to entice people to lick them.

Might just be me.
That reminds me of this
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom