• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

No, no buts. I've met people who used those first two to cope with troubling situations in their lives. Do you realize how many kinks out there are problematic? One of the most popular starts with an r and involves the lack of consent; when done in the real world, that is not a healthy thing. It's not about whether or not it's healthy or problematic, it's about whether or not it's done safely and with consent.
But, how do you kill someone with consent? Like, how do you turn that into a fetish?
And the whole point of the former is that kids can't consent
Ignore the foot fetish, that was a joke

R-Word roleplaying can actually be done with consent, but I don't see how those two can
I also have a feeling this isn't something we are allowed to discuss in this thread

Ivander

Smash Legend
Nice kinkshaming there bruh.

Instead of claiming, "they need to be looked at." why not try talking to those who have it and ask why they may enjoy it. There are a lot of things that we enjoy that are problematic, even what may seem tame is wrapped up in all sorts of issues. If it's being done in private, between consenting individuals, with no harm done, there is nothing wrong with it.

This whole "they need to get checked at, it's not good" thinking is what gets people to feel guilty about themselves and their interests and can contribute to worse issues down the road. If you don't get it, then it's not for you, you can move on.
"No harm done" certainly does not mean there is nothing wrong. Like just because the two parties are consent with something doesn't make it okay. And sure, nobody is perfect and some will enjoy some things that are problematic.
I am being harsh. I could've used something less kinkshaming than "need to be looked at"......but what is 'okay' about those fetishes? Like for something like foot fetish, there is reason. And in some cases, people don't want to lick feet, some people just prefer the foot bare rather than wearing stockings or pantyhose. What is okay or "healthy" about "death"? Or stuff involving animals? Or pretending to be a "victim"? The scary thing about that last one is when the two parties are doing something like that, they are both consent for a time and eventually one of the parties actually doesn't want to do it........and horrible things happen.
It may sound good that they aren't doing harm, are keeping them to a minimum or have the consent of the second party, but just because "No harm is being done" does not make something okay.

I want to point out that I am careful on the judgment. I try to get all the details before getting judgmental. I try to get the reasons behind something. It's that with some things, I did try to find the reason behind them and so far, I have not found any "reasonable" reason with them.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Brought some orbs today in heroes. Didn't get any summer characters yet, but I did get, mae, boey, and hawkeye. All who I hadn't had before so that's pretty nice.

The double SP will be nice for them.

Also the Lyneol thing for BOTW has literally been known about since E3. They streamed hard mode and mentioned it, but the presenter wasn't man enough to go find it despite the other treehouse members wanting them to.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Getting off on the idea of mutilating someone may not actually harm anyone.

But that still means your morals and desires are downright disturbing.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
In the spirit of the new Breath of the Wild DLC release, I figure I should share a funny BotW video that I stumbled upon a few weeks back:

Not gonna lie, but if it wasn't for the Heatproof Elixirs or that one lizard side quest on the way to Goron City, this is probably what I would've resorted to.:laugh:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
But, how do you kill someone with consent? Like, how do you turn that into a fetish?
And the whole point of the former is that kids can't consent
Ignore the foot fetish, that was a joke
By roleplay, which you mentioned in the next sentence

R-Word roleplaying can actually be done with consent, but I don't see how those two can
I also have a feeling this isn't something we are allowed to discuss in this thread

There's also art, it's possible to draw these things. I mean, you don't think I swallow people whole to enjoy vore do you?

I want to point out that I am careful on the judgment. I try to get all the details before getting judgmental. I try to get the reasons behind something. It's that with some things, I did try to find the reason behind them and so far, I have not found any "reasonable" reason with them.
You're either not looking hard enough, talking to people who aren't capable of explaining (it's normal for things we enjoy to be difficult to explain), or refusing to understand even when it is explained properly.

No it doesn't, it really doesn't. There are people who enjoy the most misogynistic of kinks, yet are some of the most hardcore feminists around.

edit: With that said, if anyone wants to continue, it may be best to carry this out over PMs rather than this thread.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum did you get your Summer Frederick?
I'm F2P, so I only had the orbs from completing the new paralogue, haha. I did like two pulls to no avail. I did get an Oboro though. I've never pulled her before, so that was kind of neat.

Also, speaking of Heroes, a poll was done on the subreddit. One of the questions was "If you could get any hero in the game at Five Stars, who would it be?" The graphs below show the top answers.

So how about you guys? If you could pull any Hero whatsoever, who would it be?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

But what if a person's morals are the only thing stopping them from acting upon their desires?

A fetish is a desire, morals are what people believe to be acceptable in society, their standards.

A person with a mutilation fetish doesn't necessarily have bad morals. They might have their fetish, but know that it's not acceptable to act upon. Having a strange desire doesn't mean they have bad morals.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm F2P, so I only had the orbs from completing the new paralogue, haha. I did like two pulls to no avail. I did get an Oboro though. I've never pulled her before, so that was kind of neat.

Also, speaking of Heroes, a poll was done on the subreddit. One of the questions was "If you could get any hero in the game at Five Stars, who would it be?" The graphs below show the top answers.

Oh cool. I have one of those. (Celica)

I actually want to say Takumi or Ephriam.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh cool. I have one of those. (Celica)

I actually want to say Takumi or Ephriam.
Brb I'm just gonna go over there and be jealous of the fact that Celica's my most wanted one I don't have. :p

But yeah, for me it's either Alm, Celica, or Genny. I'm fond of all three but they're all locked to five stars. At least the other four I really want can be obtained at lower ranks. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Hector is the only unit that I'm really aiming to get right now not only because he's an awesome character but also because he would be the perfect teammate alongside my Takumi and Azura.

D

Deleted member

By roleplay, which you mentioned in the next sentence
I can kinda picture killing in a roleplay scenario(as weird as it looks to me) but the whole loli fetish isn't based on behaviour but physical appearence
There's also art, it's possible to draw these things. I mean, you don't think I swallow people whole to enjoy vore do you?
You don't? That's boring!
And I thought you liked being swallowed, not swallowing

Still, I'd like to continue this topic in a PM, even if I kinda don't know what to discuss anymore.

Why is Bride Cordelia so high? Is she that good or something?

I still wish I had gotten Hector back when I actually played the game though

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Why is Bride Cordelia so high? Is she that good or something?

I still wish I had gotten Hector back when I actually played the game though

Bridal Cordelia is currently the best Archer in the game. She has ridiculously high Attack and Speed stats, the combination of which makes her devastating with a Brave Bow+.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I can kinda picture killing in a roleplay scenario(as weird as it looks to me) but the whole loli fetish isn't based on behaviour but physical appearence

You don't? That's boring!
And I thought you liked being swallowed, not swallowing
No, oh god no! I have a huge phobia of being trapped within another living being, the sight of innards makes me hella uncomfortable. I refuse to play games like Ocarina of Time or Kingdom Hearts I all because they have areas that take place inside of an organism.

Still, I'd like to continue this topic in a PM, even if I kinda don't know what to discuss anymore.
Feel free to send a PM anytime, I'll be able to better explain everything then.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Well good luck then.

Also Spring Lucina please.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Azura

She's a perfect companion to a Nino/Eirika team but I've never pulled her. :[

Edit: Ninian would work to. So far my only dancer is Olivia. :\

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
As someone who hates most of the fetishes being discussed (especially vore, that outright repulses me), there isn't really anything wrong with people fantasising about these things as long as they keep it to just fantasy (though BDSM and rough play is actually socially acceptable to act upon and is apparently quite common. There's even guidelines for treating your partner after the act if they were on the receiving end). Thought is not a crime.

At the same time, people with said fetishes should understand that there is a time and a place. I'm no mod, but I don't think this is an appropriate place to be bringing up vore and loli fetishes and all that jazz. Usually when someone brings that stuff up, the rest of the thread tends to go quiet. So maybe keep that stuff to yourself or in appropriate, more private circles.

Marth because I like Marth. Would be happy with a 4-Star since I could just promote him with feathers.

Hector because he can do a lot for any team.

Takumi for a mix of both reasons, I like him as a character but he's also incredibly powerful.

And also Alm because he's the man with plan.

And I would never turn down more 5-Star Clairs. :V

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Today's Nascar race is on rain delay, so they brought a decagon to the track and organized some exhibition Mixed Martial Arts fights.

Im a satisfied man.

Ivander

Smash Legend

I have Bridal Cordelia, Azura, Reinhardt and Spring Camilla. :shades: Now I would like Minerva, Hinoka and Leo. and Kellam.
You're either not looking hard enough, talking to people who aren't capable of explaining (it's normal for things we enjoy to be difficult to explain), or refusing to understand even when it is explained properly.
The other option is that I can still respect or like people despite their desires. I could've used some better words to not make it sound like I'd lose absolutely all respect for a person because of their desire. But that's already been done, so I guess I'm just a ******* who is just so harsh on people because of what they like. :p
But what if a person's morals are the only thing stopping them from acting upon their desires?

A fetish is a desire, morals are what people believe to be acceptable in society, their standards.

A person with a mutilation fetish doesn't necessarily have bad morals. They might have their fetish, but know that it's not acceptable to act upon. Having a strange desire doesn't mean they have bad morals.
Oh, a desire certainly doesn't mean you're a bad person. But that won't stop people from giving you the eye sometimes. -_O And I'll be honest, when I'm looking for artwork to use for things, I'm tired of seeing "not-so-nice" pictures. And there's so many......it legitimately hurts sometimes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I started watching Brooklyn 99 because it's the best thing to replace my need for Parks and Rec.
I watched some of it years ago but I barely remember any of it.
I think my favorite scene so far is the "Black people can sell drugs!"
It makes sense in context
No, oh god no! I have a huge phobia of being trapped within another living being, the sight of innards makes me hella uncomfortable. I refuse to play games like Ocarina of Time or Kingdom Hearts I all because they have areas that take place inside of an organism.

Feel free to send a PM anytime, I'll be able to better explain everything then.
Alright, guess you can swallow me then

I'd do it now but I'm about to go to sleep, maybe next week I'll be free so we can have a little chat about it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As someone who hates most of the fetishes being discussed (especially vore, that outright repulses me), there isn't really anything wrong with people fantasising about these things as long as they keep it to just fantasy (though BDSM and rough play is actually socially acceptable to act upon and is apparently quite common. There's even guidelines for treating your partner after the act if they were on the receiving end). Thought is not a crime.

At the same time, people with said fetishes should understand that there is a time and a place. I'm no mod, but I don't think this is an appropriate place to be bringing up vore and loli fetishes and all that jazz. Usually when someone brings that stuff up, the rest of the thread tends to go quiet. So maybe keep that stuff to yourself or in appropriate, more private circles.

Marth because I like Marth. Would be happy with a 4-Star since I could just promote him with feathers.

Hector because he can do a lot for any team.

Takumi for a mix of both reasons, I like him as a character but he's also incredibly powerful.

And also Alm because he's the man with plan.

And I would never turn down more 5-Star Clairs. :V
Clair is definitely a unit I want to pull. Going by stats and stuff alone, Cordelia's probably strictly better, and I have a Cordelia, but I just like Clair. She's one of my favorite Echoes characters. :p

...I just realized six of the seven units I want are Echoes characters. At least I have you, Boey.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Speaking of FE Heroes...

It's 20,000 Feathers time again.

Did a pull and didn't get anything noteworthy, except for a spare 4-Star Reindhart, which I can use to give Vantage 3 to someone.

Noteworthy units I have as 4-Star:

Alfonse
Sharena
Anna
Reindhart
M!Robin
Cordelia
Chrom
Frederick
Masked Lucina (didn't have the time to get the 5-Star one)
Olivia
Cecilia
Cherche
Setsuna
Xander
Clarisse (maybe?)
F!Corrin
Fae
Nino
Effie
Hawkeye

Also I have most GHB units as 3-Star at least, and I could afford the 2,000 Feathers since I get them back tomorrow.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Speaking of FE Heroes...

Did a pull and didn't get anything noteworthy, except for a spare 4-Star Reindhart, which I can use to give Vantage 3 to someone.

Alfonse
Sharena
Anna
Reindhart
M!Robin
Cordelia
Chrom
Frederick
Olivia
Cecilia
Cherche
Setsuna
Xander
Clarisse (maybe?)
F!Corrin
Fae
Nino
Effie
Hawkeye

Also I have most GHB units as 3-Star at least, and I could afford the 2,000 Feathers since I get them back tomorrow.
Of what you'd have, I'd say any of the Askr trio, Reinhardt, Xander, Masked Marth, or Nino would be good bets to 5 star. All of those but Nino have 5* exclusive Prf weapons they really benefit from. And Nino is, well, Nino.

As for the others, it might be better to keep them as a 4*. Even if you only ever pull them again as a 3*, it actually costs the same amount of feathers to make 10 units 4* as 1 unit 5*. So if you ever pull them again, you could start merging and get yourself some pretty sweet units.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man master mode would be hard enough if the enemies were just replaced with harder versions.

Regenerating health is just ridiculous.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Speaking of FE Heroes...

Alfonse
Sharena
Anna
Reindhart
M!Robin
Cordelia
Chrom
Frederick
Olivia
Cecilia
Cherche
Setsuna
Xander
Clarisse (maybe?)
F!Corrin
Fae
Nino
Effie
Hawkeye

Of what you'd have, I'd say any of the Askr trio, Reinhardt, Xander, Masked Marth, or Nino would be good bets to 5 star. All of those but Nino have 5* exclusive Prf weapons they really benefit from. And Nino is, well, Nino.

As for the others, it might be better to keep them as a 4*. Even if you only ever pull them again as a 3*, it actually costs the same amount of feathers to make 10 units 4* as 1 unit 5*. So if you ever pull them again, you could start merging and get yourself some pretty sweet units.
These are pretty good choices, effie and celica are really solid choices too.

As for Clarisse, she basically is made as a f2p setsuna, and since you have her, I'd say user her, unless you really like the character.

Female corrin is a good bulk unit and useful in the Tempest Trials and Arena in my personal experience as well. With the askr group though, they always grant bonuses in the arena which is nice.

I have a good amount of your things at five star and they are pretty useful. My next choice to promote will finally be Nino. I had a medium based one, so I mixed her two sets together making her pretty good. Nino is also really good at beating most challenges like GHB from what I've seen online.

Alfonse and Chrom are relatively similar and can be built about the same way so I wouldn't prioritize them unless you like them. Which is one of my reasons for promoting my Chrom.

If you have triangle adept as an Inherit Skill, then you can turn male robin into a deadly force. He destroyed the latest parolouges and Tempest Trials for me with it.

My top five picks based on who you offered would probably be these:

Xander
Nino
Celica
Reinhardt
Effie or Ana.

You have some really solid 4 stars though. I'd love an effie or celica. I was glad to get celicas friends today in the same summon though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've made my choice. :4corrin:

Screenshot_20170701-025409.png

I almost went for Effie (who required training up anyway), because I do want a super effective physical tank, and Effie would be great for that since she's a blue unit and the vast majority of enemies are physical red units.

However, I realised I can, for the time being, just give Nowi Triangle Adept, since that apparently trivialises even Falchion users on her. I think I have Selena so I'll use her.

Reinhardt has been a unit that I've had a mind to promote for a long time, but I wanted to build up physical units first. Then I played Echoes and realised I had a 4-Star Clair, and just had to have a 5-Star one. :V

But he's an absolute nuke against everything that isn't a green mage, so he's obviously gonna be really useful, plus he has the extra Mov. He's also pretty much ready to go out of the box, especially since he has Vantage without Inheritance. My Ryoma and Jeorge have Vantage 3 too so adding Reinhardt to the list will just make Enemy Phase a lot easier, plus it gives my Elise and Sakura a good potential niche in certain fights. I also just needed good cavalry units so Reinhardt seems as good a place to start as any.

Should note that I'm mainly building my units up for Tempest Trials and stuff like GHB's and some of the more difficult free Orbs missions. And since I've heard people having a lot of success with Reinhardt in that regard, he seems like a no-brainer.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

All the so-called top tier units in here. *yawn* Whatever happened to just using the characters you like (though at least Hector and Ike are decently popular)? How many of these people want Reinhardt because they actually like him as a character? I bet 99% of the people who play Heroes had never even heard of him before he was added. And the other 1% probably never wanted to hear of him again after his bridge-collapsing antics in Thracia (thank goodness that in Heroes, he doesn't have Adept and Charge and some 14 Mt super-Brave Sword he's never going to actually use and is just there to taunt you into trying to capture him).

...Er, anyway. (being mostly facetious there; I get why people would want to win, or at least make life easier for themselves in the Tempest Trials or whatever, of course.) Actually, I have six of the units on that list - only missing Ike, Julia, Cordelia and Camilla (the last two because I don't pull on the fanservice banners) though apart from Ike I don't really care about the ones I'm missing, and of the others the only ones I use regularly are Azura and Celica. If I could have any character in the game right now... hmm. I think I have nearly all the characters I like by now. The main ones I'm missing in terms of characters I like are Leo, Boey, Alm, and Eldigan, so one of them would be nice. I guess I wouldn't mind having a 5* Marth, so I don't have to spend feathers on him. Some more Catrias would be nice too, so I can boost my current one. Or another Celica, so I can give her skill to Xander and turn him into even more of a beast. And I need more 4* Cherches and adult Tikis so I can finish merging them to 4* +10. At this point I'm mostly satisfied in terms of the characters I have, so now it's just about finding ways to make them work better (like, my current project is to try and make my Seliph usable, even though everyone says he sucks).

I'm also currently coming up on 20,000 feathers again. Been mostly spending them on promoting 3* units for their skills, but I feel like having another 5*. I have (the real) Marth, an Eirika with a better asset and flaw than my current 5* one, Chrom (though he's +2 (I merged them early on in the game's life, like we all did) so I might just try and get him a Brave Sword and make him a 4* +10), Zephiel, Palla to complete my flier team (though again, I might just try and 4* +10 her and get the Ruby Sword+ from a 5* Hinata or something), Lukas, a Reinhardt who isn't +Atk so I don't really care about him (see above), and Soren. Currently leaning towards Marth, just because I like him, or Eirika, since merging her will get me a few more arena points, though those are all units I'd like to promote eventually.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Alright back from work finally...now to take on the Trial of the Sword!

D

Deleted member

.....do I even want to know what the **** people were talking about?

Rhetorical question. The answer is obviously "no".

D

Deleted member

Nice kinkshaming there bruh.

Instead of claiming, "they need to be looked at." why not try talking to those who have it and ask why they may enjoy it. There are a lot of things that we enjoy that are problematic, even what may seem tame is wrapped up in all sorts of issues. If it's being done in private, between consenting individuals, with no harm done, there is nothing wrong with it.

This whole "they need to get checked at, it's not good" thinking is what gets people to feel guilty about themselves and their interests and can contribute to worse issues down the road. If you don't get it, then it's not for you, you can move on.
Nah, trust me, there's fetishes out there that easily don't make any sense and I don't understand why anyone would enjoy those fetishes.

And this is coming from someone who's very picky and doesn't like the huge majority of porn(it mostly depends on artstyle to me more than anything TBH, there's some things that turn me off, but I've favorited some pretty kinky stuff) despite being a huge pervert and having a porn gallery going on 2000 pics.

And I've looked at plenty of stuff and I've thought to myself "I may not be into this, but I can see why others are". And that includes things like a guy putting his **** into some dirt and ****ed the earth.(Even with surrounding asteroids heading towards earth resembling you know what.) And even then, there's still plenty of very of obscure stuff where even I don't know how anyone can be turned on by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom