• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
How do I get BotW to update so I can play the dlc?
If it hasn't updated select it on the menu press + to bring up another menu and you can check for additional updates for the software selected...you'll then be able to download the update if you've paid for the DLC passes already...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Someone try the Konami code on the Crash remaster.
If it's faithful to the original, there's a Spyro demo
You're a bit late on that one.

People have tried it and it does do something (makes the cursor disappear, and only while highlighting Crash 3), but no special secret as of right now.

People are speculating that there is either more to the code, or we will have to wait until the upcoming update with the DLC.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You're a bit late on that one.

People have tried it and it does do something (makes the cursor disappear, and only while highlighting Crash 3), but no special secret as of right now.

People are speculating that there is either more to the code, or we will have to wait until the upcoming update with the DLC.
The remake sucks.
Crash will die again and he deserves it
Should have bought Dark Souls instead

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Hey! Pikmin and talk of Pikmin 4 reminds we I still haven't beaten Pikmin 3. :c

I REALLY need to fix that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp... LWA PS4 (and possibly other platforms) game possibly deconfirmed? >_>
I don't see how? The show is definitely going to be popular enough here to warrant a localisation for the game
As a native English speaker, the issue is the fact that you would never say "A Believing Heart" because that's not how the word "believing" works. It's an incredibly awkward choice of words.

The official sub isn't even overly long or wordy. It's ten words. Ten words can be said incredibly quickly. With the official sub, the worst I can say is it sounds somewhat cheesy. With "A believing heart..." I can only think of Let's Fighting Love, and that's a whole lot worse.
You're honestly the first person I see saying this tbh so I don't think it sounds that awkward
Eh, ten words is a big difference from 6, especially in the number of syllabes. The fact the official one needs two rows to fit should be a giveaway.

I have no idea what Let's Fighting Love is so :/

Also
Diana tells Akko "I believe in your believing heart" in Episode 23
With the Netflix subs, the best you can do is "I believe in you" since the whole point is thag she's quoting Chariot which not only would be plain and look cliche, it'd also take out what showed Diana finally accepting her own heart as well
There's more than just this scene where the change of workds will alter their meaning and impact but I feel like this is the most importanr

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
I don't see how? The show is definitely going to be popular enough here to warrant a localisation for the game
Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions, honestly, but I do want people on Netflix to like the show. Moving it onto the network itself is important and messing up that process isn't exactly the best thing to do.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

You're honestly the first person I see saying this tbh so I don't think it sounds that awkward
Eh, ten words is a big difference from 6, especially in the number of syllabes. The fact the official one needs two rows to fit should be a giveaway.

I have no idea what Let's Fighting Love is so :/

Also
Diana tells Akko "I believe in your believing heart" in Episode 23
With the Netflix subs, the best you can do is "I believe in you" since the whole point is thag she's quoting Chariot which not only would be plain and look cliche, it'd also take out what showed Diana finally accepting her own heart as well
There's more than just this scene where the change of workds will alter their meaning and impact but I feel like this is the most importanr

Just because I'm the first to actually say something doesn't mean it isn't awkwardly phrased. Because it's phrased pretty damn awkwardly.

D

Deleted member

Maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions, honestly, but I do want people on Netflix to like the show. Moving it onto the network itself is important and messing up that process isn't exactly the best thing to do.
I just hope not many people outside of the US want the english dub considering how they ****ed up that
I may be ******** about the questionable translation but it's not BAD, just worse compared to the fansub.
Just because I'm the first to actually say something doesn't mean it isn't awkwardly phrased. Because it's phrased pretty damn awkwardly.
It's been 4 years, if no one has complained about it until now then either that's an opinion exclusive to you or some people do think it sounds awkward but also think it works best like that considering it's the show's Arc Words.
What exactly even makes it soun awkward?

Ivander

Smash Legend
Who are their artists anyway?
Tiki was done by Okaya, who did Bartre, Donnel, Matthew and Azama. Robin was done by Mayo, who did Jeorge, Sheena, Sully, Stahl and Bride Cordelia. Ironically, both regular Cordelia and regular Robin(F) were done by Ueda Yumehito, who also did Hinata and Oboro. Are we going to see Oboro drawn by Mayo for the next Event?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just writted the biggest comment I ever did on Youtube on a video of someone hating SPM due it's own experience and how that, while I agree and disagree on some of his points. I still respect his opinion even tough I am a big SPM fanboy.

And while it was great to being able to talk like a real person that can accept other opinion on something I hold dearly to my heart.

God.
sweating.jpg

My god that was so stressful and horrible to write. Not so much because of how I didn't want to write it, but because of how stressful to choice the right word and not sound like a troll, an hater, an idiot, an fanboy or just a joke in general.

And again, this post was REALLY long for my Youtube standard.

Never again, never, or atleast, not until I relax alot.

Now, I just hope he will see my post, and that, we will able to agree on the other point of view or at the very least, agree to disagree.

Nom de Zeus, what I am doing with my life?:4wiifitm:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
N. Sane Trilogy has one of the most amazing easter eggs.

In one of her idle animations, Coco browses r/crashbandicoot.

As in, it's literally an old screen shot of the real subreddit.

xvaio8s6ut6z.jpg

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just hope not many people outside of the US want the english dub considering how they ****ed up that
I may be ******** about the questionable translation but it's not BAD, just worse compared to the fansub.

It's been 4 years, if no one has complained about it until now then either that's an opinion exclusive to you or some people do think it sounds awkward but also think it works best like that considering it's the show's Arc Words.
What exactly even makes it soun awkward?

I've explained that already. "A believing heart" sounds awkward because it's syntactically incorrect. "Believing with all one's heart" is fine, "having a believing heart" is not. One implies the person is doing the act of believing. The latter implies the heart has a mind of its own. Considering they were clearly going for the former, the fan sub is wrong.

The issue is the word "believing" being used in that context.

Source: I basically write for a living.

D

Deleted member

I've explained that already. "A believing heart" sounds awkward because it's syntactically incorrect. "Believing with all one's heart" is fine, "having a believing heart" is not. One implies the person is doing the act of believing. The latter implies the heart has a mind of its own. Considering they were clearly going for the former, the fan sub is wrong.

The issue is the word "believing" being used in that context.

Source: I basically write for a living.
The latter implication sounds fine(?)
I mean, the whole meaning is to believe with with one's heart and I don't see the problem with prosopopoeia.

ALSO
20543404-f9f1-4877-bed4-96aea4388254.png

I found it

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The latter implication sounds fine(?)
I mean, the whole meaning is to believe with with one's heart and I don't see the problem with prosopopoeia.

ALSO
View attachment 131157
I found it

I don't know how else to say it. It's a poorly translated line of dialogue in the fan sub because in normal, everyday speech, one would never use "believing" the way they did in that sentence.

Like, I don't care if it's symbolic or something, the sentence itself is the issue.

D

Deleted member

I don't know how else to say it. It's a poorly translated line of dialogue in the fan sub because in normal, everyday speech, one would never use "believing" the way they did in that sentence.

Like, I don't care if it's symbolic or something, the sentence itself is the issue.
It IS symbolic, that's litsrally the whole point.
The Netflix translation literally removes any mentions to "heart" which doesn't seem like a big deal BUT IT IS

Source: I watched the show.

Also, did you miss the screenshot I just posted of an actual scene of the show?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You said you liked vore in this thread
Therefore you ave awful taste
Obviously someone with trash taste as yourself wouldn't understand the superiority of vore, particularly that of the soft, same-size, endosomatic variety.
What if we made contact with a parallel universe version of you that was exactly the same as you in every way but also had different tastes?

Which Kurri would be the superior Kurri?
A parallel universe opens up all sorts of paradoxical issues, but even then, Kurri would have the greatest tastes. Which Kurri? Doesn't matter, cause either way Kurri has the best taste

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The Netflix translation literally removes any mentions to "heart" which doesn't seem like a big deal BUT IT IS

I "believe" that this back and forth of an anime is pretty foolish. Ive never see a debate like this about an animes subs before
Vore tho....
How about we just drop this nasty ass subject

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I may be perverted as hell, but surprisingly I don't have any weird fetishes.

Maybe I'm just tired of looking through weird **** to find stuff I actually like.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

An attempt to convey symbolism doesn't excuse a poorly worded sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom