• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How many people are up in arms about low review scores for N-Sane Trilogy?
In terms of that GameSpot review, it's not necessarily the low score, but the reasoning behind it
"Crash Bandicoot has become Dark Souls and Super Meat Boy hard" despite the difficulty matching up with the original games
"The enemies have pre-determined placing" even though that's the case for any game that isn't RNG

D

Deleted member

Learn proper grammar @Shishœ or I'm going to kick your "believing" ***.
I know proper grammar, both of my parents are grammar teachers I better know it
I "believe" that this back and forth of an anime is pretty foolish. Ive never see a debate like this about an animes subs before

How about we just drop this nasty *** subject
It'd be foolish if it was over some random line but it is LITERALLY the most important line in the whole show that has been estabilished 4 years ago by the studio itself
An attempt to convey symbolism doesn't excuse a poorly worded sentence.
The only reasoning you gave me to prove it's poor wording is the fact it'd mean the "heart has a mind of its own" which is simply not wrong because it's prosopopoeia, personifying an object or abstract things, a writing technique that's been used over centuries.

And even if it was poorly worded: it DOES excuse because that's what art is all about. That's something many poets have been doing for ages and it's not going to change because substance is valued more than petty grammatical rules. Looking at it in a vacuum? Alright, fine, correct the sentence but you need to see the whole context to understand what it's supposed to mean.

Unless your writing job is incredibly formal, I don't see why you're being so semantical here. Art isn't supposed to be strict, some "awkward wording" that has only bothered you should not stop what is trying to be conveyed.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Makes sense, Zelda's not too popular in Japan in comparison to the west
Well, that, and Mario Kart always outsells nearly everything else Nintendo makes by a wide margin. Deluxe might be being held back a bit by being a port, but if enough people who never bought a Wii U get a Switch like it seems like they will it'll probably pass Zelda globally in the long run.

. . .and if we're talking about IPs Japan likes, we can look at what Deluxe added that the DLC didn't have and think on that. . .

Chrono.

I just remembered Yiazmat from FF12.

****** takes near 10 hours to kill and that is not a hyperbole.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Ah, okay. Making fun of such a comparison is way different than getting butt-blasted by a differing opinion.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, that, and Mario Kart always outsells nearly everything else Nintendo makes by a wide margin. Deluxe might be being held back a bit by being a port, but if enough people who never bought a Wii U get a Switch like it seems like they will it'll probably pass Zelda globally in the long run.

. . .and if we're talking about IPs Japan likes, we can look at what Deluxe added that the DLC didn't have and think on that. . .
I thought Pumpky posted this and I thought "Wait when the hell did she become a nerd?"

Don't worry Cory, nerds are fun! *hug*
I just remembered Yiazmat from FF12.

****** takes near 10 hours to kill and that is not a hyperbole.
****** HAS INSTAKILL MOVES
IT'S DEFENSE IS BOOSTED WHEN AT HALF HEALTH
6086 IS THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF HITS NEEDED TO KILL IT
AND DURING IT'S LAST 5 HEALTH BARS IT CAN GIVE YOU REFLECT CURTAINS MEANING IF YOU ACCIDENTALLY REFLECT YOUR HEALING SPELL BACK ON IT
IT GETS FULL HEALTH
*catches breath* This is NOT how you do a boss fight, even IF it's optional

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Mythra Mythra people may hate TTG but the fact they referenced Samual L Jackson, Top Gun and and "America, Hell Yeah" all in one episode makes this a good special
Those dudes can do a lot of random ****, but when they pull something cool, it is pure gold.

I gotta watch that episode.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
You'd think playing on Master Mode you'd be able to skip the learning process or at least have the option to. I'm not saying, just give me all the Sheikah Slate gear right away, but maybe like, not force me to go through the long cutscenes.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So, apparently a part of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland CA is going to be changed/replaced for the sake of making things more "family-friendly".

The news came up a couple hours ago but I'm only just now learning of it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Also.
Fire emblem Heroes summer banner is a thing...

On this sea you'll down some rum to go with that whine.
Cuz here comes a berserker who's simply Divine.
A dragon with some melons bringin' the storm like Quetzacotl~
Go ahead and write your will, it'll be a message in a bottle.
A summertime extraordinaire splitting these fakes.
I'm conquering this map, call me Francis Drake!

Ivander

Smash Legend
I may be perverted as hell, but surprisingly I don't have any weird fetishes.

Maybe I'm just tired of looking through weird **** to find stuff I actually like.
Some fetishes, I can understand and are fine. Heck, a couple of them are actually facts of life. Other fetishes............such people with said fetishes need to be looked at. Big time. I can understand the appeal behind dismembering zombies, demonic creatures, etc........but the "appeal" for dismembering needs to stay out of some things. Same goes for some other major fetishes. I don't care how secretive they are supposed to be, but it hurts me too much when I see a really good artist and the majority of their stuff revolves around the "not-so-good" stuff. And there's "too much" of them.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

This is cool.
I would like to see it, but this laptop can't watch jack for some reason. At least tell me if they are actually controlling the game with the Switch.

been thinking about games I need to play/finish as I transfer over to playing pretty much just switch

Fed Force
Ace Attorny 5 AND 6
Like. . .the entire EO series
Yoshi's Wooly World
Mega Man Collection
Blaster Master Zero
Metroid: Samus Returns
Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia
Kirby Planet Robobot
Kirby Blowout Blast
Dragon Quest 7 and 8
Monster Hunter? Maybe?
Yokai Watch? Maybe?
Dragonball Fusions
So basically, **** me, **** my wallet, **** my freetime, and **** the 3DS for being such a good handheld

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
been thinking about games I need to play/finish as I transfer over to playing pretty much just switch

Fed Force
Ace Attorny 5 AND 6
Yoshi's Wooly World
Mega Man Collection
Blaster Master Zero
Metroid: Samus Returns
Fire Emblem: Shadows of Valentia
Kirby Planet Robobot
Kirby Blowout Blast
Dragon Quest 7 and 8
Monster Hunter? Maybe?
Yokai Watch? Maybe?
Dragonball Fusions
So basically, **** me, **** my wallet, **** my freetime, and **** the 3DS for being such a good handheld
Can I add New Leaf and Happy Home Designer to that list?

Oh I read that as 3DS games you would like on switch, my bad

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
What sane person takes a cookie off an ice cream sandwich and just lays it on the counter and not expect someone to throw it away while cleaning pff

Own New Leaf (dont really care for it or tomadachi life) and have absolutely no interest in HHD

Also I forgot Hey! Pikmin, and i'm sure i'm forgetting more. Man the 3ds is so good. . .
I would love to play New Leaf and HHD on the switch. I spent so many hours on those games

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Some fetishes, I can understand and are fine. Heck, a couple of them are actually facts of life. Other fetishes............such people with said fetishes need to be looked at. Big time. I can understand the appeal behind dismembering zombies, demonic creatures, etc........but the "appeal" for dismembering needs to stay out of some things. Same goes for some other major fetishes. I don't care how secretive they are supposed to be, but it hurts me too much when I see a really good artist and the majority of their stuff revolves around the "not-so-good" stuff. And there's "too much" of them.
Nice kinkshaming there bruh.

Instead of claiming, "they need to be looked at." why not try talking to those who have it and ask why they may enjoy it. There are a lot of things that we enjoy that are problematic, even what may seem tame is wrapped up in all sorts of issues. If it's being done in private, between consenting individuals, with no harm done, there is nothing wrong with it.

This whole "they need to get checked at, it's not good" thinking is what gets people to feel guilty about themselves and their interests and can contribute to worse issues down the road. If you don't get it, then it's not for you, you can move on.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Own New Leaf (dont really care for it or tomadachi life) and have absolutely no interest in HHD

Also I forgot Hey! Pikmin, and i'm sure i'm forgetting more. Man the 3ds is so good. . .
I feel like New Leaf and Tomadachi Life are two different sorts of game to me. Thinking on it, New Leaf is pretty much what I found myself wishing Tomadachi Life was, though. . .

That however does not even remotely explain the amount of play time I have on New Leaf. I wouldn't consider it on my list of favorite games for the 3DS, yet somehow it has more playtime than most of the games that are. Somehow grinding for money and town designing while time scamming went horribly, horribly wrong at some point. Animal Crossing: Tsun Leaf, I guess.

. . .I'm going to end up buying Animal Crossing Switch, aren't I?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I feel like New Leaf and Tomadachi Life are two different sorts of game to me. Thinking on it, New Leaf is pretty much what I found myself wishing Tomadachi Life was, though. . .

That however does not even remotely explain the amount of play time I have on New Leaf. I wouldn't consider it on my list of favorite games for the 3DS, yet somehow it has more playtime than most of the games that are. Somehow grinding for money and town designing while time scamming went horribly, horribly wrong at some point. Animal Crossing: Tsun Leaf, I guess.

. . .I'm going to end up buying Animal Crossing Switch, aren't I?
I know I'll buy AC on switch whenever it happens. I wonder if it will have physics

D

Deleted member

Why would you need to do that? Jusg play whatever you're feeling like playing at the moment
I like this way of thinking
Just don't bother with the DS games, not that they're bad, I hear III is actually pretty good but only Drowned City doesn't have a remake and it'd be hard as hell to find a copy
Nice kinkshaming there bruh.

Instead of claiming, "they need to be looked at." why not try talking to those who have it and ask why they may enjoy it. There are a lot of things that we enjoy that are problematic, even what may seem tame is wrapped up in all sorts of issues. If it's being done in private, between consenting individuals, with no harm done, there is nothing wrong with it.

This whole "they need to get checked at, it's not good" thinking is what gets people to feel guilty about themselves and their interests and can contribute to worse issues down the road. If you don't get it, then it's not for you, you can move on.
Yeah but:
-Loli/shota
-****ing killing someone
-Foot fetish
These are all things that, in real life, are not healthy and the implications of having these fetishes are... worrying.

Vore is cool tho, we have our good friend Sucy to normalize it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I know I'll buy AC on switch whenever it happens. I wonder if it will have physics
I want to be able to put a beach towel and umbrella on the beach.

Or like. . .IDK, be able to hold parties and luaus whenever, I guess?

Or give Isabelle gifts whenever. I mean. . .hopefully that's not bribery? I just feel like since she's such a fixture I should be able to interact with her more. Actually, let me write letters and give gifts to all the NPCs. These people live in the area, may as well make friends.

BotW physics engine would be hilarious, though. Hit a rock with a shovel on the wrong part of the map and ragdoll off a cliff into the ocean.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Why would you need to do that? Jusg play whatever you're feeling like playing at the moment

I like this way of thinking
Just don't bother with the DS games, not that they're bad, I hear III is actually pretty good but only Drowned City doesn't have a remake and it'd be hard as hell to find a copy

Yeah but:
-Loli/shota
-****ing killing someone
-Foot fetish
These are all things that, in real life, are not healthy and the implications of having these fetishes are... worrying.

Vore is cool tho, we have our good friend Sucy to normalize it

No, no buts. I've met people who used those first two to cope with troubling situations in their lives. Do you realize how many kinks out there are problematic? One of the most popular starts with an r and involves the lack of consent; when done in the real world, that is not a healthy thing. It's not about whether or not it's healthy or problematic, it's about whether or not it's done safely and with consent.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm busy at work for a couple hours and I come back to this thread seeing a discussion about vore...

:c

Also please put spoilers in spoilers for BotW DLC and stuff...

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Maybe it's cause I have no gear, but Master Mode is actually pretty hard. The fact that enemies regain health can be a real issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom