• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I'm not a Castlevania player, but I'm pretty sure that's not what Simon Belmont should sound like.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Inhumans isn't looking so hot. But to be fair Agents of Shield also started out really weak.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I feel like I haven't started enough **** today
Crash was never good

I'll be taking my permaban alongside a link to my pinned tweet
He was never good because he was always revolutionary and amazing.

crash-bandicoot-sunglasses-57b247706b056.jpeg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like I haven't started enough **** today
Crash was never good

I'll be taking my permaban alongside a link to my pinned tweet
I have to agree tbh, played it sometime ago in a friemd's house and it was so repetitive and boring.
Like, I honestly didn't see any difference between the first two worlds, it's all the same **** over and over again

Man, I'm dead, ain't I?

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have to agree tbh, played it sometime ago in a friemd's house and it was so repetitive and boring.
Like, I honestly didn't see any difference between the first two worlds, it's all the same **** over and over again

Man, I'm dead, ain't I?

If you're talking about Crash 1, you're not wrong. Even the most ardent Crash fans will agree that it has not aged well. The remake does improve it a bit but ultimately the gameplay is super basic and the level variety was lacking. It was just one of those "revolutionary for it's time" games so it tends to get cut a bit of slack for it, and is quite nostalgic. I personally enjoy it but if it weren't for the remake, I wouldn't be touching it again any time soon.

Crash 2 and 3 are much better and tighter experiences with a lot more variety, though. Crash 3 in particular has a lot of mini-game type levels where you're doing something different like riding a motorbike or flying an airplane.

If you only played the first game, don't let it being a bit too simplistic dissuade you from trying the other two. It's like the difference between an NES Fire Emblem and a 3DS one.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So after the N.Sane Trilogy, do you think Vicarious Visions will get to making a new Crash game, or give Spyro the N.Sane Trilogy treatment first?

Chrono.

While I don't agree with the fact that Crash was NEVER good... I also don't really care much about it. The very hallway esque platforming style isn't for me and it's why I prefer Twinsanity and Crash of the Titans. I do really like Warped though.

Spyro, on the other hand, was my jam. Unfortunately that series is even more dead than Crash was.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While I don't agree with the fact that Crash was NEVER good... I also don't really care much about it. The very hallway esque platforming style isn't for me and it's why I prefer Twinsanity and Crash of the Titans. I do really like Warped though.

Spyro, on the other hand, was my jam. Unfortunately that series is even more dead than Crash was.
Yeah, while I still love Crash and am beyond hyped for midnight when I can play N. Sane Trilogy, I do prefer Spyro.

Growing up, my brother was the Crash guy while I was the Spyro guy. We both played each series, but I preferred Spyro while he preferred Crash. Which was perfect because each Christmas we'd end up getting both the new Crash and Spyro game. :p

So after the N.Sane Trilogy, do you think Vicarious Visions will get to making a new Crash game, or give Spyro the N.Sane Trilogy treatment first?
I think a new Crash game is more likely.

Remaking the first three Spyro games would be a much bigger undertaking than Crash, to the point where if they ever want to revive Spyro, they might be better off making a brand new game from the get go.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Speaking of Crash, I should get to finishing my Crash for Smash moveset. I have the specials done, but need to finish the rest of it. At least I have the general playstyle down.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Honestly, hopefully the latter. Spyro, to me, was always the crown jewel of PlayStation that everyone makes Crash out to be. Don't get me wrong Crash is an excellent series and I'm glad it's getting back to it's roots but Spyro just always felt more like a living world where as Crash always felt like I was watching a cartoon. One of my biggest problems with Super Mario 3D World was actually that, too linear, it feels less of me exploring a livable world and more of me interacting with a cartoon. I didn't have that problem with the Galaxy games because of their undeniable stylistic approach.

For what it's worth Crash may have had some less than stellar games but he was never regulated to a supporting role in his own games. Skylanders did that to Spyro. I don't think Skylanders was a bad game and I think it's awesome to see DK, Bowser, Crash, and Spyro in the same game, but Skylanders isn't a Spyro game, it's a game featuring Spyro despite his name being featured in the title of the first game. So, yeah, if anyone deserves an N. Sane treatment, it's Spyro. And it needs to happen before a new Crash.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Probably CTR first, then Spyro

I imagine having just done Crash means assets to reuse.
Sort of forgot about CTR for a brief moment.

They've talked about possibly doing it, and considering how beloved that game seems to be, it wouldn't surprise me to see that come out next.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yo what the **** there's a new Chucky movie.

And it's gory as ****.
It's funny because right before you said this I went to YouTube and saw the trailer on the front page. :p

Chrono.

I'm able to play Horizon: Zero Dawn again and I tried out the extra photo mode features they added a while back.

Honestly, every game needs a photo mode, they're my favourite thing. :p

There are so many times where I wish BOTW had an acceptable Photo feature (the Sheikah Slate has one but it's mostly for compendium stuff, it sucks for taking scenic pictures).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So data miners figured out what that random 1.2 MB update for Fire Emblem Heroes was for yesterday.

...They edited Summer Tiki's artwork so that the upper portion of her butt crack isn't sticking out of her bikini bottom. Honestly that's kind of hilarious and explains why we haven't seen a trailer for them yet. Luckily cries of censorship haven't been happening too much. More people seem to be relieved that Robin's underboob and Frederick's bulge remained untouched.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I actually loved Crash 1.

It was more difficult and challenging than it's successors.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
So data miners figured out what that random 1.2 MB update for Fire Emblem Heroes was for yesterday.

...They edited Summer Tiki's artwork so that the upper portion of her butt crack isn't sticking out of her bikini bottom. Honestly that's kind of hilarious and explains why we haven't seen a trailer for them yet. Luckily cries of censorship haven't been happening too much. More people seem to be relieved that Robin's underboob and Frederick's bulge remained untouched.
So when do the naked Robin and husbandos Summer characters release?

Chrono.

I heard Goku Black's dub voice from Xenoverse 2 and oh man I hope Schemmel sounds better in the actual anime.

Because right now he sounds incredibly tryhard edgy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
To find backroomers, I just have to think like backroomers! - I'm a lame-o and I go to the same stupid thread everyday, and -

THE BACKROOM!
That episode was on not that long ago.

Agents of Shield wasn't being worked on by the guy who ruined Dexter and made MCU's first **** up
Look at it this way, it's only Inhumans. Although I do like Black Bolt. Besides we all know that there gonna push these guys as the totally not X-Men because they want to pretend ****** don't know who they are. Even ****ing Wolverine and Deadpool.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So when do the naked Robin and husbandos Summer characters release?
Probably once the FE12 banner ends; so 7am UTC tomorrow morning.

Hopefully it comes with more free orbs, so I can start saving again for whenever Sigurd decides to show up. I'm not interested in any of the characters on the summer banner, except maybe Frederick (since his artist is one of my favourites in the game), so that's another 40 orbs or so towards characters I actually want, hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom