• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not that this has anything to do with anything you guys are saying, but what the actual heck is a backroomer? I see them all the time, and have no idea what the hell they do? Are they like Eagle Scouts?
Something something first rule something something don't talk about

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Not that this has anything to do with anything you guys are saying, but what the actual heck is a backroomer? I see them all the time, and have no idea what the hell they do? Are they like Eagle Scouts?
Some lame backroom that mods and ex-mods gain access to. It's just a whole bunch of lame-os who talk about lame-o things.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Not as lame-o as the lame-os not in there.

Heyoooo!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You see kids, this is a super lame-o that's ascended beyond the power of a super lame-o. We call that, Super Lame-o 2. Let's witness as they go farther beyond.
They call it Super Lame-o 2 because we're the better improved versions.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
You see kids, this is a super lame-o that's ascended beyond the power of a super lame-o. We call that, Super Lame-o 2. Let's witness as they go farther beyond.
Is this the Super Lame-o 2 where everything is really lame and difficult, or the Super Lame-o 2 where the mask chases you around in your lame dreams?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
To find backroomers, I just have to think like backroomers! - I'm a lame-o and I go to the same stupid thread everyday, and -

THE BACKROOM!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I guess if an updated Central Fiction really is the Blazblue game for Switch, we have a pretty good idea on who they could be adding.

Though at this point he's either in or not. He's been requested for years and there isn't much of anyone else they could add (he's part of a very important group called the Six Heroes and as of today Jubei is the only one of them that isn't playable in some fashion and yes I'm counting Platinum).

As far as I know anyway, I'm still catching up to BB.
I just hope the other version will get update to have the same content as the Switch version if the Switch version as any new content.

It would kinda make me feel real bad if I happened to buy a version of a game that didn't have content that an other version game I didn't know was annouced had. Plus, I bought Mai and Es, so, yeah.:132: I hope the PS3-PS4 user won't get the short end of the stick, especially if Jubei is only for the Switch version. My god, I could already see the salt coming from a mile away.

Chrono.

I just hope the other version will get update to have the same content as the Switch version if the Switch version as any new content.

It would kinda make me feel real bad if I happened to buy a version of a game that didn't have content that an other version game I didn't know was annouced had. Plus, I bought Mai and Es, so, yeah.:132: I hope the PS3-PS4 user won't get the short end of the stick, especially if Jubei is only for the Switch version. My god, I could already see the salt coming from a mile away.
Eh you don't have to worry about that at all. Aksys have never left content exclusive to one console.

I'm pretty sure that if CF Extend happens it'll be both an update and a full disc version for those who don't already have CF + Switch version.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Eh you don't have to worry about that at all. Aksys have never left content exclusive to one console.

I'm pretty sure that if CF Extend happens it'll be both an update and a full disc version for those who don't already have CF + Switch version.
I don't know man, while Rev 2 did use what you said. BB is infamously know for releasing updated as separated game entirely just like Capcom did with each version of SF2. So let's hope that Mori isn't going to troll us once more...:ohwell:

Also, by the way, do you know the ending of CF?

Chrono.

I don't know man, while Rev 2 did use what you said. BB is infamously know for releasing updated as separated game entirely just like Capcom did with each version of SF2. So let's hope that Mori isn't going to troll us once more...:ohwell:

Also, by the way, do you know the ending of CF?
Not yet. Now that I'm getting into the series again I'd rather not spoil myself too much on it.

Plus I JUST started CP's story.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Not yet. Now that I'm getting into the series again I'd rather not spoil myself too much on it.

Plus I JUST started CP's story.
Alright, just wanted to be sure. Because with the ending of CF, I expect two or atleast one new character alongside Jubei. But I let you finish the story before we talk about it.

Speaking of story, good luck understanding some plot point lol. You will need it alongside reading alot of information on website like wikipedia and TvTrope, and see others Blazblue media if you want the full experience, because one of the writter must have been a fan of Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear Solid to make this mess of a plot.

Tough, I will say that, if you know the big plot point of each games, then maybe you won't have too much problem. But in any case, be ready to have alot of question in the end of story mode.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If the site is a public square, the backroom is an old guys' drinking pub.

It's just a hangout for the site's old guard. They periodically take in new members, but not all stick. Like me. I couldn't fit in there.

I mean, if becoming 10x lamer is an improvement, then sure.
I-isn't that an oxymoron?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"I have one more dueling sword left and just finished a streak, let's try Advanced for the heck of it."

>The Hectors all have Vantage 3

"Let's not try Advanced again."

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
"I have one more dueling sword left and just finished a streak, let's try Advanced for the heck of it."

>The Hectors all have Vantage 3

"Let's not try Advanced again."
This is why I always have Xander with me. And a Cecilia for Reinhardt and Linde.

Ivander

Smash Legend
*playing FEHeroes*
*caves in to try one more time to get Athena*

*gets Luke*

Luke has good skills. I can't be mad. Except for why are there 3 Red Banner characters...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
yaaay, the NotX-Men...
I actually watched the trailer, it's hilarious!
They used that punch sound effect, you know, THAT one
The one youtubers use to punch something off of the screen
They also hype the everloving **** out of the cameras used for filming. That's a baaaad sign
And they restrain Medusa by holding down her arms. As someone who knows next to nothing about the Inhumans, I'm laughing as Medusa has hair powers and the Inhumans society should know this fact.

EDIT:
FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE
KAMALA'S AN INHUMAN, THIS WILL BE HER MCU APPEARANCE WON'T IT?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually watched the trailer, it's hilarious!
They used that punch sound effect, you know, THAT one
The one youtubers use to punch something off of the screen
They also hype the everloving **** out of the cameras used for filming. That's a baaaad sign
And they restrain Medusa by holding down her arms. As someone who knows next to nothing about the Inhumans, I'm laughing as Medusa has hair powers and the Inhumans society should know this fact.

EDIT:
FUUUUUUUUUUUDGE
KAMALA'S AN INHUMAN, THIS WILL BE HER MCU APPEARANCE WON'T IT?
I'm worried about this one, namely because Scott Buck is attached to it, and we all know how Iron Fist turned out...

The thing that gets me, beyond the shoddy writing at some points, is that it just seems so...low budget. Karnak doesn't look like Karnak. Medusa's hair and costume look like budget cosplay, Lockjaw's CGI reaches Son of the Mask levels at times (they can't use the fact that it's a tv show to defend that when Ghost Rider looked amazing). And I know some heroes like Thor got nerfed in the MCU, but Black Bolt getting apprehended by normal cops is just sad to see. The guy's supposed to be at least Aquaman-level strength. :/

The main positive I see is that at least characters like Black Bolt and Lockjaw are in the MCU at all, so that in the future a better filmmaker or show runner can handle them well, provided they don't get killed off for whatever reason.

Also I doubt they'd waste Kamala here. She's legitimately and hugely popular. They wouldn't put her in an untested tv property. Plus this is mainly dealing with the Royal Family. Kamala's a regular non-Royal Inhuman, so if any tv show were to use her, I'd think it'd be Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and not this. That being said I'm fairly certain she'll cameo toward the end of Captain Marvel, appear more in the sequel, and then get her own film.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So reviews for the N. Sane Trilogy have been rolling out.

General consensus has been positive, with people saying the game looks gorgeous and performs well. A lot of people also enjoy the remastered sound effects and music.

As for the game play, Crash 1 is unsurprisingly the biggest point of criticism. The game is still dated and archaic and incredibly difficult, but the quality of life improvements like auto-saving after every level and not having to do a no-death run to get gems help the experience feel more forgiving and accessible for the modern day. It also helps that Crash's movement physics are standardised across all three games, so you don't have to really adjust between all three games anymore.

Crash 2 and Crash 3 still hold up very well in the eyes of reviewers though, and the quality of life improvements just make the games even better, alongside the graphics.

The main criticisms I've seen are of course Crash 1 as mentioned before, but also that the game has long loading times. And while analogue support is there, some sections work better with the D-pad so you might find yourself having to experiment with both methods of control to play more efficiently.

Most of the reviews so far are independent YouTubers, but IGN gave it an 8.5/10.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Spider-Man Homecoming is getting some pretty good reviews so far. People are saying it's the best one since Spider-Man 2 but it isn't as good as Spider-man 2. We'll see though. I feel like Tom Holland as Peter will still be a billion times more believable than Toby.

In other news! Inhumans isn't looking so hot. Shoddy acting, bad costume design, and a lack of familiarity with the source material is all pointing to another badly received Marvel TV show. I'll be the first to admit that I did enjoy some of Iron Fist but it certainly wasn't on course with the other Netflix shows and Finn Jones was miscast and just isn't a great actor. That show was run by Scott Buck. You know what other show he's in charge of? Yep, the Inhumans. RIP the dream.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Crash being this well received is great. I hope this leads to new, quality games for him in the future. It took them a long while, but Activision finally seems to understand Crash now, and what made him so appealing to so many people. Hoping he gets the full revival he deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom